3.9
99HEH104
HTC Touch P3452 Smartphone

HTC Touch P3452 Smartphone

3.9

so many options, very useful and fun!

This is a great phone!  Everything is touch so it's different getting use to no keys.  There are so many things you can do with this phone.  It's got a browser so your always connected to the internet. Many free apps like;

Shopsavvy - scan in an items barcode (or search for a product) and it will pull up the cheapest price both online and close to your location.

KeyRing - Scan in the barcodes for all your store reward cards and just bring it up when at your favorite store checking out.

Shazam - Every listen to the radio and find a song you really like but don't know who sings it?  This app you can tag a song while it's playing and it comes up with the artist and the song title.

Games - Lots of free game apps, Snake, Poke-a-Mole, Solitaire, Black Jack and many more!

This is a great do all phone, with camera, email, music player and all the possible apps.

Ok, may have major problems..

I have the HTC PPC6800 USCellular carrier.  Thought I would die if I didn't buy it.. begged my husband.. it sucks, don't buy it!

I would not...Read complete review

I would not buy this phone if I would have known it would have so many problems.  I had it less than a year, about 10 months, and it completely died on me.  I lost all my contacts because I didn't back them up.  I could never figure that part out.  Well, I don't have much time to mess around with gadgets these days with 3 small kids but I do use it for email and a few other websites.  I downloaded Skyfire on it and it is the only browser I will use.  IE stinks!  The screen is too small to navigate with anything else.  I find it frustrating to use after about 10 minutes because it is so small.  You have to move the screen over all the time to read anything.. annoying!  I choose this instead of buying a laptop.. well I wish I could turn back time and keep my old phone and just buy a laptop with that money I spent on this phone!! Would have been better spent!  I planned to use this phone on my shopping trips because it is small & easy to carry.. well it takes way too long.. sometimes the internet is slow/loading takes forever.. takes effort to navigate to the right box to type something in (the screen has to get blown up to see the text then it shrinks back down then you have to make it big again to see the text), etc... PAIN IN THE NECK!

My advice.. if you want something for wireless internet on the go..

Buy a laptop!

Oh and the camera phone isn't that great either.. low quality.

Also, I forgot to mention I hate it when it doesn't tell me if I have a voicemail or missed call. I will check the call list and it will not show the missed call right away.. it is slow.  There is no indication I have voicemails unless I catch it right they are being left (it will make a noise/vibrate and say on the screen but it then disappears).. so if I just leave it sit all day and come back to the phone it will not indicate if anyone has called and/or left a message.. so I have no idea if I should waste time checking my voicemail or not.  Annoying!!  DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE!!

One of the versatile smartphones ever

from Saint Louis, MO

Build quality (9/10)

This phone is built very well and have survived countless drops from me. Some of the paint is chipping off the sides now, but this phone is around 3years old. Everything still works fine and is great. The battery life is not bad. It will usually last around 2 days of normal use before it has to charge again. The screen might not be the best quality compared to all the new phones out now though. I really love the d pad in this phone. Why can't phone manufacturers put d pads on phones today? I am guessing because everyone wants to copy the iphone design.

Software (10/10)

Okay, the OS that this phone comes with really sucks first of all, but if you know what you are doing, you can install a newer version of windows mobile or install android on this phone! Just go to the xda developers website and you will find countless numbers of ROMs that can be flashed on this phone. Right now, my phone is running Cyanogenmod 7 which is a Android build of gingerbread (Android 2.3). I'm pretty sure the only 2 phones out right now that officially supports gingerbread is the Nexus s and Nexus 1. My phone is more up to date on Android than most Android phones and this phone was originally a windows mobile phone. I found that somewhat amusing. Thanks to all the developers on xda. Android runs extremely smooth on this phone, especially when you look at the hardware inside of it. This was the last smartphone on Verizon that they did not force you to have a data plan which is the reason I bought it in the first place. Not many phones can claim that they can runs the newest versions of both windows mobile and android.

Hardware (7/10)

At the time when this phone was released, the hardware was not bad. Of course, now the hardware is very outdated and is slow compared to all the new phones out now. But everything still runs extremely smooth for me. I have used other people's android phones and the iphone and overall, it is almost as smooth as them. Things open faster on the new smartphones though. One thing I really wish this smartphone had was wifi. Especially since I do not have a data plan. Luckily though, in windows mobile I could get internet though Bluetooth, and pn android, I can sideload apps with my sd card. The screen resolution is pretty low, but was standard at the time whnen this phone was released. The resolution is qvga and the screen itself is 3.2 inches. There is a mirco sd card slot hidden on the side of the phone. Right now I have a 16 gb micro sd card in there and it works very well. I love that it has a d pad. It is great for playing games on it. I find myself playing SNES emulators or GBA emulators when I am bored waiting for something. SNES and GBA emulators run full speed in windows mobile and android by the way.

Service (9/10)

I pretty much always get service anywhere I go. I would say Verizon has some of the best coverage of any cell phone company. I had Sprint before Verizon beats them by far. With Sprint I would have dropped calls every now and then and the signal strength was not always the best, best Verizon pretty much has good signal strength everywhere I go. The phone also does not have any antenna issues where if you touch the side of the phone, you lose signal... like the iphone 4. Signal strength has never been a problem for me on Verizon or with this phone.

Conclusion (9/10)

Sure this phone is extremely old now, but it still has some life to it. It can pretty much do anything the new phones coming out today can do. Would I recommend this phone now to a friend? No, since that hardware in tis phone is so old now and that there are so many smartphones out now. There are smartphones everywhere you look now. Everyone's mother sister and grandpa has one. This phone came out before it was "cool" to have a smartphone. This is probably one of the best smartphones made and it will always have a place in my heart.

HTC Touch leaves a bit to be desired

from Chapel Hill, NC

Comments about HTC Touch P3452 Smartphone:

Maybe it's the phone, maybe it's the cell phone service provider (Sprint) but I've been slightly unsatisfied with my HTC Touch.  In the beginning, the phone was great and satisfied all my typical cell phone needs: it placed calls, I could use it to accept calls, voicemail worked properly, etc.  And as an added bonus, I could take pictures.  Additional aspects that I've enjoyed with the phone are all the Windows applications that come with it.  Since I did not subscribe to a data plan, there have been countless times when an Excel spreadsheet on my phone with friends addresses or lesser contacted contacts phone numbers (you follow?) have saved me while out on the road and unable to access internet/GPS help.  I've loved the notes option for making shopping lists or keeping track of products dimensions while out shopping so that I can go home and measure for future purchases.  I love that you can write a note in your own handwriting, and add notes to phone calls.  It's all the dropped calls, messed up voicemail messages, and the fact that on occasion when I am getting a call and my phone is set to vibrate, it just won't stop vibrating and won't allow me to answer.  Frustrating nuance.

Useful and stylish!

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about HTC Touch P3452 Smartphone:

I actually have the limited edition fender version of this phone and I absolutely love it! First of all, I think droid phones in general are fantastic! I am a busy mom on the go. This phone is very useful with all the different apps. Not only can I check in with work and school, but I can use it to help entertain my kids during any type of wait. This is the first t-mobile phone that I have not had any issues with within the first few monthes. This phone is also very versatile. I use it as an MP3, camera, camcorder, and GPS as well as my main form of communication. There are great facebook and myspace apps as well which keeps me in touch with my network. This phone also is very well made I have dropped it numerous times and my daughter has even sent it for a swim and it still works great! The phone is a little pricey, but I believe it is a very good investment and has already earned it's keep many times over!

I love my mytouch!

from Surprise, AZ

Comments about HTC Touch P3452 Smartphone:

Ive had my mytouch for almost a year now. and honestly i love it. i originally wanted an iphone, but didnt want to leave tmobile. so i got a mytouch and im glad i did. the android platform has great apps for just about anything you could want to do. i also have tons of games and music on my phone and still have tons of memory left. there are a few things i dont like, like not being able to copy and paste or being able to insert #'s from my phone book into texts. but its ok, i can deal with it.

This phone has it ALL!!

from Temecula, CA

Comments about HTC Touch P3452 Smartphone:

The my touch t-mobile phone is one of the best cell phones out there. There's not much you can't do on this phone. It's helpful, useful, and reliable. I've had problems and glitches with cell phones in the past but with the my touch I have yet to encounter any problems. It's a great phone for anyone. It has a ton of features that anyone would want and need in a phone. You can surf the web, listen to music, pay your bills with the click of a button, play games and so much more. Not only are there amazing apps that you have to pay for but there are even free ones. And the free apps are just as useful and amazing as the ones you pay for. It has great tools for businesses as well as just for social networking. Once you get this phone you wont want to put it down. Even if you're not into all the high tech options phones have to offer these days this phone is still easy and great to use. I highly recommend buying the my touch t-mobile phone, it's worth it.

The my touch 3g very convinient because sync calendar.

from Miami, FL

Comments about HTC Touch P3452 Smartphone:

Well i have the my touch 3g for about 8 months this cell is great due to the capability to sync multiple emails account ,tons of apps that actually make life easier like gps, mobile banking, weather , pandora radio ,news apps to keep up to date with happenings around the world and locale.Another great tool is that you can sync all your contacts with you gmail account so if anything happen to your phone would be able to retrieved your contact. Another app that is also free, lets you have in one screen all your social sites lohin to be able to see who is on line at that time currently i have hotmail, my space, facebook ,yahoo and google talk.The phone itself is a great tool due that the platform is google and very user friendly.

The myTouch 3G is a great phone with a great operating system.

from Mobile, AL

Comments about HTC Touch P3452 Smartphone:

The HTC myTouch 3G is a great phone running a great operating system (Google's Android OS). It is small and light, and because Google is costantly working to be more and more innovative, it's software is absolutely cutting edge. This phone will be one of the first lines of phones to run Adobe Flash, and the Android Market has thousands of apps available to download. Everything on the main desktop's three screens is customizable, keeping it as easy as holding your finger down on an icon to enable you to move it wherever you'd like. It also provides the ability to do Google searches, as well as access your GMail, chat on GTalk, view Google Maps, and send/receive texts, all right off your home screen.

Blows the Iphone out of the water, to say the least..

from Portland, OR

Comments about HTC Touch P3452 Smartphone:

So this phone does absolutely everything you can imagine, and the great part about the Andriod app as opposed to the stupid download app that they had before is that this one has thousands of free apps that you can download to the phone and use without any sort of fees. You can go anywhere and you have great fast working internet, full internet, right at the tips of your fingers. If you need to txt you flip your phone sideways and a full touchscreen keyboard appears waiting for you to type. The phone calibrates itself to your fingertips the first time you turn it on and is very accurate, It has built in GPS through google maps which worked perfect everytime I needed it. The charger is three in one allowing you to plug it in via usb to the computer or plug it into the car adapter or the home adapter and comes with two plugs. You have email, myspace,facebook, yahoo, and so much more on this phone, it comes with a huge memory card to put your videos and stuff on has a really nice camera, top of the line for phones. I could seriously talk all day about all of the features this phone has you just gotta see it. Awesome A plus 10/10. Please make sure you read the manual too before you start saying that the phone doesn't have speed dial and stuff like that because it actually does, and you can delete your email messages too you just have to be smarter than the phone :) don't get mad..

This is really a nice phone with all features

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about HTC Touch P3452 Smartphone:

touch hd is really a nice kool looking phone i have been usin this phone since 6months it has great features like touch screen,email,web browsing,mms,gps,and is compatible with all bluetooth headsets,my friend use to have an iphone and he saw my cell phone and he was like it almost has all the features lie his iphone does and was crazy about htc touch hd he said his next upgrade would defiinitely bee an htc touch hd,he liked the style of this phone and feature they are really awesome and the look is really kool.

So far so good.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about HTC Touch P3452 Smartphone:

I needed a new phone since my old nokia was frizzing out on me and turning off randomly, I mentioned it to my family member that I wanted this phone and luckily got it for me as a christmas gift. The look of the phone is really nice. I love the fact that you can design the cover of you phone (though it will cost you like everything else in life) for those who are creative. It does take some getting use to since you don't have a keyboard to type in. The box it come in looks kinda fancy too (in a black case). I love that they provide you with headphones that have a mic so you can use it as a headset as well as the adapter for it (doesn't have a 3.5mm jack. Even the charger looks nice and sleek so I was very impressed. I rarely read instructions but this time I kind of wanted one with really good details, but unfortunately this one didn't. Either ways, I played around with it until I got everything down. I recommend this phone to anyone who's into touch screen.