3.7
HTC Touch Diamond Smartphone

HTC Touch Diamond Smartphone

3.7

Office in your pocket

The HTC Diamond is an incredible piece of equipment. I first started using window based devices when the first PDA came into the market, black and white and very few features. Ever since I have had different PDA all windows mobile based, and I once tried Palm based but was too complicated. I have had multiple brands of phone, all with different operting systems, and some good other bad. When the first HTC came out on the market and was windos mobile based I was completely thrilled. Very much like, if you had used Windows on you computer and all of the sudden you had to work with a different OS version, and after a while they come up with a Windows based computer. Well you will probably purchse it since you are familiar with the OS system and wether or not Microsoft is the best OS system in the market or not it certainly is the most used and that counts for something. The same happend with my cell, I had a motorola, nice but nothing practical, out comes touchscreen system, should add that HTC came out before IPHONE did, and purchased my first HTC. When the Diamond came out with all the extra features in order to compete with the IPHONE I was sold and had to get one. So that is the story about how I landed with HTC. In addition, HTC has been a company that has manufactures many PDA and phones for the competition and many of them people use today and have no clear idea that HTC manufactured them. I am taking brand names not just chinese want to be.

The phone has first a foremost a very good processor that does the work, I mean it is not a laptop or nothing like that that most certainly for the purpose of the device it is up there with processor speed. The memory is internal up to 4GB, why would I need more than that in a phone I really do not know. I think you have to keep things separate when it comes to technology if you like to take pictures purchase a camera, it is much cheaper and better than purchasing a phone with high resolution camera. And easier to handle. If you want a portable computer you do not need the phone to be the replacement it is much too small, even the Iphone to be able to accomplish any business related task. And so on. This phone is touch screen, and very good at that a beautiful design the is very attractive and modern looking. About the touch screen, well, I do not own an Iphone and doubt I will ever own one, I do own its equivalent which is an IPOD touch which is only missing the phone connection and GPS. So I have used the system, in my opinion the HTC touch screen is much better to change between pages and go back to where ever you need, not like the iphone were you have to press the center button everytime you are in an application to return to the main menu. In addition, as it is a windows based device, you have in addition your start menu just like in your computer and works pretty well. Also, when you open an application you can choose in setup to close completely or leave the window open, that type of system is common windows based. So the touch screen is very good.

The size, wow, excellent, this is phone, and very easy, light to carry around, I cannot get it into my head that we are actually going back in time to those big motoral brick phones. Now phones a larger harder to carry and easier to loose. So I choose size versus screen size for this. Do not get me wrong about the sreen it is a very good size double the size of the motorola Z and you can clearly see any aplication you like,zoom in or out accordingly.

The software that this phone carries is very complete, I have not had to purchase yet any other software for the phone. It has PDF, Word, Excel, Power Point, Opera, Internet Explorer (you choose), google maps, facebook, skype and many others which make this a pocket office.

Now for the add ons, it has GPS which works with google maps, the cool thing about this is that either through WIFI or EDGE?GPRS you are able to connect to a software that makes a download according to your position. Then you turn the google maps application, run the GPS function and you are done. I have used this application in various countries and is very helpful and precise. In additiona you do have WIFI and bluetooth connections both which are a must in any phone today. It allows you to connect to any bluetooth enabled device, be it head phones, ear phone, or computer, or even my bluetooth full size keyboard. This unlike its competitor whose bluetooth is very picky. WIFI is very easy to use as well as switching between WIFI or Edge/GPRS connection for surfing. And it has a very cool feature which is it disconnects from Edge the moment you turn on the WIFI. As mentioned it also has a camera which produces good pictures which I never use, voice recorder, excellent battery life it lasts me for at least two days and I do use my phone with all the features all the time. Plus it charges incredibly fast. As for the MP3 player it appears to be very good, easy to use and easy to transfer your music. Have I used it, no I have my IPOD for that purpose which I think will beat any phone MP3 player in the market. Would I recommend this product definitely yes, will I switch soon definitely no. An I should note that I am a tech freak that likes changing new devices all the time.

Not reliable.

I had this phone for a little over a year.  I had problems early on with the phone becoming non-responsive and windows screen freezes.  I wanted to be able to use voice dialing but it's unrealiable.  This phone seems to have a mind of it's own.  It frequently turns programs on by itself draining the battery.  It occasionally makes calls at random.   The phone is clunky and uncomfortable in the hand.  The keyboard is very slippery and difficult to use even with short nails.  I would say to avoid this phone at all costs but I believe they already pulled it off the shelves.

Great phone for school, but seems big compared to new generation

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about HTC Touch Diamond Smartphone:

I loved my MDA when I first got it. I also got a bluetooth roll-up keyboard which allowed me to use it like a laptop to take note in college. With the new generation phones like iPhone it now seems big and it does have occassional problems requiring reboot. Overall it has been a great phone. The slideout keyboard is very easy to use and it stil has great sound. Ready for something smaler, though.

Best phone ever

from Rio Rancho, NM

Comments about HTC Touch Diamond Smartphone:

I have rarely had any problems with this phone and it has lasted for several years. It was a very good investment. It is easy to use, has internet, windows mobile, qwerty keypad ... almost anything you could look for in a phone. I have not had any of the problems others have described.

perfect pda, average phone

from West Lafayette, IN

Comments about HTC Touch Diamond Smartphone:

Amazing device has almost any features needed for any user, including WiFi, Bluetooth, infrared, touchscreen, voicedail, MS office, etc.. Only problem is that it is somewhat inconvenient to use as a phone, having to rely of the touchscreen and keypad each time to find contacts. Also, this device has the worst cellular reception of any device I have ever seen or used, which could be a pro if you dont want to be found.

great phone, love the touch screen, and its very fun!

from Alhambra, CA

Comments about HTC Touch Diamond Smartphone:

pros:this phone is great, it has windows media player, has a lot of software, and its unlike many other smartphones because this one has wireless internet built in! it can play videos and you can get a lot of work done with it.cons : video quality isnt great since you can only use 3gp or mp4 i thinkphone gets laggy, not enough ram...screen gets dirty, its a touch screen, so careful.

Computer in your pocket

from Miami, FL

Comments about HTC Touch Diamond Smartphone:

This is a great phone to have if you are technologically sound. Its difficult to use in the beginning because there is so much you can do on it but once you get the hang if it, its like using your windows base computer. Has Windows Media Player that can play music & videos, Internet Explorer for your internet needs, windows document & adobe for pdf files. This phone can sync with your computer to easily transfer files between both devices & its also bluetooth capable.

Ok phone with a few bugs

from Allen, TX

Comments about HTC Touch Diamond Smartphone:

I got two of these phones for me and my husband. They were a pain from the very start. I tend to be very good with directions and technology. It was a bit hard to figure this phone out. Then I had to teach my husband how to use it. It took forever to get songs uploaded to my phone so that I could use them as my ringtone. I HATE that you can't just download a ringtone from the T-mobile site. I will never get another touch screen phone after this one. I hate it. It never stays aligned correctly & always freezes up on me. Its very easy to call random people even if you have locked the phone. I will have to have a PDA from here on out. I use the calandar all the time. I would be lost without it.

Not reliable.

from 10598

Comments about HTC Touch Diamond Smartphone:

Good tethered modem.... that's about it.

from Yukon, OK

Comments about HTC Touch Diamond Smartphone:

This phone is good primarily for using as a tethered modem. It syncs with outlook (which i dont use) which is convenient for transferring contacts to a replacement phone. The AIM service on it is terrible. Unless you manually click the update button you wont get any IMs.

Basic touch phone with sleek small design

from Quincy, MA

Comments about HTC Touch Diamond Smartphone:

This phone is a very good touch screen phone for starter. I've owned it for more than 1 year. I love it as it's my first touch screen phone. The interface is awesome with HTC Sense (home page, weather, contact list, etc), but its power is limited with its slow processor. Battery life is poor and most often phone needs to be reset to fully recovery memory from applications.

A lot of flash, but missing the basics

from Lawrence, KS

Comments about HTC Touch Diamond Smartphone:

The phone is very sexy, however the keypad is too small in qwerty mode, which makes texting a labor. Since day one, there has always been a problem in sending pictures, as in I pretty much don't do it anymore because I have to send the picture, go to the drafts folder where it is stored in limbo, re-send it from there, delete the original draft, and then the pic will send twice. The hotkey for putting the phone into Airplane Mode, (which I haven't figured out yet), can be accessed with the phone in hibernate mode and in my pocket magically. Great looking phone, just doesn't operate nearly as well as it looks.