3.9
HTC Smartphone

HTC Smartphone

3.9

Love My Tilt Phone!

I've been using my AT&T 8925 Tilt for a few months now and I absolutely love it. It's a little overwhelming at first, but once you get used to all the features, it's fun to use and play with. I get compliments from my friends when I text them a picture from my phone...they say the pictures are really sharp. I have tomtom on my phone and it works great. I've also added some games so now I find myself playing uno or scrabble on my phone instead of my computer. The slider works without flaws, very easy to use. The keyboard is great, I haven't had any trouble typing on it even with my screen tilted. I connect to my wireless network at home and surf the internet from my phone when the kids are using the desktop and laptop. It works great. I am very happy with this purchase. I don't miss my razr! Once you figure out how to navigate the phone, it's easier to use. I had to play with my phone to figure out how to get places but now I don't even have to think about it. I would not recommend this phone to someone that only uses basic functions but for someone who knows how to do more advanced functions it is a terrific phone. I read some reviews that say the keyboard doesn't light up. My keyboard lights up as soon as I slide it open. Sometimes it goes to "sleep" but all I have to do is push a button on the keypad and it wakes right up.

Wonderful Device--Lot of Bugs--Inadequate support for 8925.

The 8925 smartphone is a technological marvel with enogh fun stuff to give a geek a happiness coronary.  Push Email from Exchange, a fast tethered modem, GPS, Sync to both Exchange and your favorite ISP mail sever.  Way way cool.

Ah, if only it worked better.  We started with four 8525s that failed so many times that ATT replaced three of them with the 8925 which is only marginally better. Blank screens, dropped data connections when a call comes, car charger doen't work, charge indicator doesn't work until reset, and device hangs are some of the less desirable features. Oh--64 bit driver support will make you crazy too.

ATT support via a circular telephone maze and inadequately trained staff is another bucket of ice water on your love affair with this phone.  It is getting better, but they still have a long way to go.

Everyone loves this phone initially.  If you can live with the bugs it is great. Personally, I rue the day I saw it.  Making it work has consumed far too much of my life.

The AT&T Tilt is a wonderful phone

from Norfolk, CT

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

I have had my AT&T Tilt (by HTC) for over 2 years now, and I have to say that this is the best phone I have ever had.  I doubt I will get anything besides a Windows Mobile based Smartphone ever again.  My husband has an Apple IPhone, but I much prefer mine.  The only advantage that the IPhone has over this Smartphone is that the IPhone can view full web pages and the Tilt can only view the mobile versions.  I love that I can open and edit Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint files, whereas the IPhone can only view them.  Text-messaging is a breeze with the slide-out QWERTY keyboard, or the touch screen and stylus.  I was surprised that the camera was such a high Megapixel rating (3.0) for a phone I purchased in 2008.  As long as the lens is clean, you can take pretty good pictures.  My only complaint would be that after a while of hard usage, the keys can stop working or require a little extra pressure to get certain letters, like "e" and "s".  Other than that, I love this phone.

It's my brain!

from Ashland, KY

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

I love, love, love, my Tilt!  I had the version before it, and I dropped it in the toilet (long story, LOL!) and I told people I dropped my brain in the toilet.  I keep everything I need to know in it.  I use it for all my contacts, calendar, reminders, alarm clock, notes, text messages and oh yeah, phone calls!  I have used pocket Excel and Word, which it comes with, but I don't have a need for it on a regular basis.  I do not use the internet or check my e-mail with it.  That is an additional charge for something that I don't really need at this point in my life.  The main reason I chose the Tilt is that it doesn't just sync with Outlook like a lot of the other phones; it actually has pocket Outlook, so it can do anything that Outlook on my computer can do when it comes to saving contact and calendar information.  It syncs beautifully with Outlook 97, but I did have some problems with syncing with a previous version of Outlook.

great phone for the price

from Narrowsburg, NY

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

The Tilt is amazing, not only does it have blue tooth, but it has the ability to support applications such as Windows, TOM TOM GPS software, and various other amazing apps. This phone has been there when I most needed it. It's great for the price and you don't have to buy anything else it's ready to go when you are!

Does practically everything you could think of.

from Morgantown, WV

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

This phone is one of at&t's best in its lineup and a great phone for people who just want something that texts, emails, and entertains. It may not have access to at&t's overpriced TV service that doesn't stop someone like me from watching TV. Using a program called Orb and using the Windows Mobile platform allows me to connect to my computer using at&t's network and pulls from my computer the access to my cable card tuner which allows me to watch TV like a Slingbox without the high fees. The phone is easy to text on with its easy to use keyboard. The only bad I can think of is the screen seems to find dead spots quickly but that doesn't kill its use. Its normally around its edges normally an adjustment works but so far I think its just been use. Another negative is the finger friendliness isn't there but with the 6.1 update it does help improve the flow of information. HTC needs to do something about its weather application so that like the iPhone it allows you to get local weather from your town instead of one hundreds of miles away. Great phone overall. I would recommend it to anyone. Wi-Fi allows for quick internet and email and the GPS and Google Maps as a free download also help in finding your way around without the worries of an expensive TOMTOM or other GPS product.

Hated it , Not worth the money

from Homeworth, OH

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

The tilt is not worth the money. I went threw 5 of these phones threw at&t and on the 5th phone they finally gave me a whole different phone all together. The phone would shut off all by its self and to get it to turn on again I would have to pull out the battery and they repalce it to get it to work and this was when the phone was full charged. It would drop calls alot.  The keyboard was hard to us when you were texting. The only thing nice about the phone was the moblie web site that came with the phone at you can down load free pic and ringtones. I do not recommend this phone to anyone. Was a pain.

Love My Tilt Phone!

from Spencer, IN

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

Wonderful Device--Lot of Bugs--Inadequate support for 8925.

from Florissant, MO

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

This phone has everything but the kitchen sink!

from Madisonville, KY

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

This phone has everything you could possibly need and then some.  It has Microsoft programs, large storage with room to add more memory, a QWERTY keyboard and is very portable for its size.  I had the older model 8125 or Pocket PC and had to have the Tilt.  It's pricey but well worth the money spent.

Power communication device

from Kirkwood, PA

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

This Windows Mobile 6 Smart Phone has a lot of capabilities.  It can create, view, or edit Word and Excel files and view PDF or Powerpoint files.  It also can recieve up to 5 e-mail accounts, text, picture, video message and access windows live, AIM and Yahoo messenger.

OR the drawback though is that it is a huge device and the graphics/screen does a small amount of lag to it.

The new HTC 8925 is awesome

from pioneer, CA

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

I used to own the 8525 and had to upgrade to this one!  The flip up display and built in GPS make this one phone that seems to do a lot more than the previous one.  It comes with AT&T navigator but I used TomTom with it and it works great!