Other Smartphones:

HTC Smartphone

Pros

Cons

• Call Quality:

the best android phone on verizon so far

last year, i finally upgraded to a smartphone with my new every two. at that time, the htc incredible was all the rage. it was supposedly out of stock for weeks on end. i went ahead and put my order in on the verizon site. there was a short wait, but i was happy that i got the phone sooner than the news sites said i would. i have been using the incredible for almost a year now. i'm very happy that people still consider it one of the best phones out on the market. isn't that a good feeling? i think it is. i feel like i made a good choice when i bought this phone.

it's been an exciting year with my htc incredible. i've used it to capture so many pictures and videos of my infant/toddler son, my dog, my friends' doing taekwondo, my friends' skateboaridng, my friends' snowboarding. i'm glad i can take this phone everywhere. after all, it's an android phone with a big enough display but still fits in my pocket. i can't fit those one of those 5" tablet phones in the pocket of my slim jeans while skateboarding, you know. the video and camera are great even if they aren't up to par with high end dslrs. the gps feature has me a little addicted. i try not to use it *everywhere* i go, but the connectivity to google navigation is just too easy.

obviously, the most important feature is the android os and its apps. i don't know why we started calling software programs apps, do you? facebook, gmail, mint, yelp, runkeeper, gasbuddy, youtube, opentable, qik, key ring, ski report, groupon, dropbox, pandora, shazam, foursquare, latitude, wordpress... these all rock. i love that android works so seamlessly with googles online products. gmail and google calendar are great. they need to have apps for notebook and tasks though. in the past, i was a palm user, so i want my android phone to do all the things my old palm pdas did. i picked android over ios because google is a good company, and the andorid marketplace has a good variety of apps. however, i still want to buy an ipad or ipod touch because ios has so many more dj apps, and i'm a dj.

this phone is only available as "the incredible" on verizon. verizon has the best, most reliable service; but you have to put up a with a few things: the expensive plans and their crappy software. i mean, i'm glad we're now using android, so the software on these phones are a little more standardised than when i use using dumb phones with the even more dumbed down software that verizon would ship them with. however, it's annoying that verizon still pushes their vz navigator onto these smartphones. i used to subscribe to vz navigator. actually, it's not a bad program. it actually *does* have a few advantages over google navigation. however, for the price, vz navigator is not worth it. i'd rather just use google navigation.

after a few months of using the incredible, i actually broke the touchscreen. i was jogging with my son, and the phone fell out of the cupholder of our jogging stroller. the phone landed on a corner and the touchscreen shattered. it still worked though. i used it for months and months with a cracked screen. then i finally got it fixed, but the new touchscreen was a dud with some dead pixels about a .25 inch below the top: a bad place. now i can't type the letter "w" with the full keyboard and am thus stuck with using the compact keyboard for the most part. *sigh* anyway, i figure i'll probably get a new phone when my next new every two comes up, so i'm not bothering to fix the screen a second time. another problem is that the phone once totally died on me. it had this stupid application diskspace capacity error. it's a known issue. it eventually totally killed my phone, so i basically had to do a hard reset and clear everything off my phone and start almost from scratch. i'm just glad that the phone takes your contacts from gmail, facebook, twitter, etc. and also uses the verizon backup service (backup assistant). okay, that's *another* good thing about verizon, i guess.

so... i'm glad i got the incredible. i'm sure i'll use it for at least another year. i'm glad i tested out htc. they're a good company. at the same time, i *might* want to try out a samsung next time. we'll see.

Not so incredible

When I first got this phone, I loved it. Then it started randomly shutting on and off and then finally had the big one. Verizon replaced it at no cost, but a week later, my letter n wouldn't work. And when I turned the keyboard sideways, my letter o wouldn't work. Soon, more letters joined in. I tried different keyboard settings, but it was the touch screen that was spotty. And this wasn't an all the time thing! Some days it would work fine, and then other times it was so messed up that my phone would start clicking on random things without me even touching the phone. It would go absolutely crazy! The worst was when it would call people randomly.

I've asked for an iPhone for Christmas.

Battery Life
Awful. I have to charge my phone every few hours. I am always looking for an outlet in public places to charge my phone for a few minutes.

Display/Screen Quality
I do not understand the point of that button at the bottom of the screen that's not really a button. It doesn't do anything that you can't do with your fingers. Is it just to mimic an iphone without flat out copying them?

Call Quality
Decent, but I think that just might be Verizon in general that is good.

Awful phone!

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

My friend had one of these and it was awful! After barely a year of owning the phone, she was having tons of problems. The phone would freeze up all the time. Everything was so slow all her apps would freeze and crash. Sometimes, the phone would not charge and turn on, no matter how many chargers we tried (and all of them were functional, since they worked with my phone). She finally got a new phone of the same brand, but within a week, there were still problems. This time, though, the key board was malfunctioning. Some of her letters would not work, and when she pressed the backspace, random letters would just be added to the mess. It was almost impossible to communicate with her by phone! Obviously these phones were not built very well!

Battery Life
The phone had to be constantly charged because the battery life was very short, making the phone unreliable.

Display/Screen Quality
Obviously this was not good since she couldn't even type with the phone without it malfunctioning.

It's difficult to use a phone that is unreliable and always breaking somehow.

Not so incredible

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

I've asked for an iPhone for Christmas.

Call Quality
Decent, but I think that just might be Verizon in general that is good.

• Call Quality:

We thought this phone was incredible

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

This is great smart phone that is user friendly. Perfect for the first time buyers.

Battery Life
Battery life was pretty fair. No worse or much better than most smart phones. The more you use it the more it dies. I was addicted to my HTC so it was dead a lot.

Display/Screen Quality
The screen and picture was beautiful. I liked that I could change the wallpaper so easy. The colors were very vibrant.

Call Quality
The sound was good, I never seemed to have an issue with hearing or being heard. Music sounded great as well. Good speakers.

Very user friendly, even my mother used it and liked it. The apps are easy to find and quick to download. Lots of storage space.

Well it's not weather/water or drop proof that is for sure. However, I have a tendency to drop things this phone did stay intact through many falls. The screen seemed a bit more durable than others.

Nice and sleek. Lite weight but not too much so it seems flimsy. They are made very well and considering that all smart phones are delicate I would say this one stood the test of time. I would recommend this product and buy it again.

• Call Quality:

The perfect beginner smart phone.

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

I bought this phone as my first smart phone. When I started using it I was very confused and realized I would soon have to become accustomed with it. Once I discovered all of the possibilities of the phone, I was in awe. The camera quality is great, I am not sure how many pixels but the pictures are not grainy at all. The Google Play store stocks thousands of applications for almost anything you could possibly need; not to mention most of the applications are 100% free. The touch screen took a little while to get used to however it is easy as riding a bike now. The phone is small enough to not take up too much space in your wallet or clutch, and there are many cases to help you customize your phone. I bought the phone over a year ago and it is still running perfectly. The only bad thing I have to say is that I would not recommend it to anyone 60 years old or older, My father is 60 and can barely make a phone call. I would recommend this phone to anyone starting out with their first smart phone.

• Call Quality:

Solid phone, good battery life, durable

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

I've had this phone for about a year and it is no worse for wear other than screen scratches.
Holds a charge pretty well, and has done everything I've needed it to do. Not the greatest camera, however, but it is serviceable. I wish it had more storage space, but a good sd card should do the trick.

very good phone

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

this is my second HTC and i love it too. they really make a solid phone. good music pictures and apps galore.

Display/Screen Quality
a little smaller than the incredible but workable.

i'm rough on phones, this one handles it well

pretty standard design standard connections usb and headset, also supports blutooth.

Great introductory smartphone

from Berkeley, CA

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

The HTC Droid Incredible is a couple years old now, but I keep it handy as a backup smartphone. It's a bit smaller at 3.7" for the screen, but this is a good thing for people like me who have smaller hands and can't comfortably hold the 4.5" phones that are the norm these days.

Battery life is pretty good. I can go a full day with moderate use and 3G on without needing to charge. The phone itself lacks the dual or quad core CPUs of today's smartphones, but for most common purposes I don't notice it being slow. Screen resolution is pretty good, but again not HD like today's smart phones.

I'd recommend the Droid Incredible for someone who needs occasional email/calendar access or web browsing. One drawback is that it doesn't have a 4G antenna, but unless you download lots of apps or stream lots of movies, this shouldn't be a problem for you. Camera and call quality are great, too. Recommended!

• Call Quality:

HTC Incredible 2 global smartphone IS really pretty smart!!

from Riverside, NJ

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

I like the phone a lot -- it's very easy to operate, has a great camera, crisp, clear, 4.0 screen display, and many super features. I get a couple of days' use from a charge unless I'm using it particularly heavily on bluetooth, but I always get a full day out of it. I do keep it on battery saver mode, though, so I have to hit refresh to get the current emails on it if I want to use it for data. One of my favorite features is the voice to text, which is pretty accurate and saves a lot of time.

The reception is not as good on this phone as it was on my Motorola, so I do get some dropped calls, especially when I'm home. I like the size of it, since it's big enough to see clearly on it, but not so big that it doesn't (though it barely does) fit in my built-in cell phone purse pockets, which is a deal breaker for me with some of the larger phones.

The global feature is a necessity for me since I'm out of the country frequently, and it usually goes seamlessly between CDMA and GSM when in auto mode. It has had some glitches and issues, like that it has to have its cookies cleared occasionally or it starts acting erratically, and that it has to be powered off/on occasionally or it loses my favorite talk to text feature. All considered, it's a good smart phone with much more on it than I'll ever use. I've never found anything I wanted or that another phone had that this didn't, either.

easy use smartphone

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

I enjoyed my HTC incredible. It is a great phone with a very user friendly system. This phone was the reason I got turned onto tablets. I love the ability to have apps that i can simplify my life. It is easy to organize the screens and customize the phone functions to suit your taste. The batter lasts a good while depending what you have running and the talk time is great too. Even with low battery I can talk for a while as long as I'm not running apps as well. This is a great phone for a novice smartphone user or even advanced. It can really make life easier with directions, and the ability to find things in a pinch.

Battery Life
good battery even while talking

not too tiny

great smartphone

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

I have a HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE through Verizon, and i must say when i first purchased this phone i was very satisified, and throughout the last year of using it, i am still happy with the phone. there are so many apps and options to use this phone, a great camera , lots of memory, and super easy to use. the only issue i wish i could fix would be the low battery life. the phone drains battery pretty quick, even without the data using. other than the battery, this phone is great. i use it for everyday tasks, apps, i take photos everyday, and also has a great screen with touch options to make everyday tasks easier. this phone could be recommended to just about anyone from someone just wanting a basic phone, to the advanced tech saavy fan who loves apps and gaming on their phones.