4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Windows Phone 7

I've had this phone for a month. So far I'm pleased with it. It does have it's good and bad points, however. I haven't tried to use all the features yet (bluetooth, etc.). Mostly I would say it's a trade off in certain areas. Extremely easy to navigate & organize, the display is BIG and easy to read. I haven't dropped any calls but the volume isn't the loudest. The battery life basically sucks but if you don't have a lot running all the time you can get though the day without charging. Comes with MSOffice installed but there is no copy/paste feature. I understand that will be fixed in next months update. The netflix app is awesome. The marketplace doesn't have a bizillion apps like other OS but it's sufficient for now & more than I actually expected. New apps are coming in all the time. The only real drawbacks I've experienced so far are the ringtones are not customizable with your own personal ones. I keep on vibrate all the time so as not to be embarrassed in a crowd. The phone doesn't sync directly with your computer which has been a headache. You have to download Zune & that syncs multimedia stuff with your computer. So far I have no idea how to actually back up this phone. Syncing up with my Outlook calendar was a major headache (especially since that's why I got this phone in the 1st place). You have to sync your Outlook calendar to a web based one first (hotmail, etc.) then it will dowload to the phone. This was almost a deal breaker but it does work as long as you don't mind your personal info floating around in the cloud. I assume it works the same with contacts, etc. I'm hoping some of these items will be fixed in future updates. The camera, for 5M sucks. I haven't got a good pic or video from it yet. I'm happy with the phone but I think it still needs some tweaking. Overall the phone is wonderful! The OS is great!

It Comes Packed With Quirks, But is Not So Bad

I was given an HTC HD7 from BzzAgent to share my honest opinion on the phone with fellow consumers. The HTC HD7 is Tmobiles very first Windows 7 phone, and luckily for them they are moving in the right direction. The HTC HD7 Windows 7 Smartphone is of course not qithout its quirks, but they are thankfully, quirks in which I can overlook.

**The Upside:**

The Touchscreen- It is big, it's bright, it's easy on the eyes, and it is extrememly responsive to touch. I have no complaints.

**The Downside:**

Even with the large touchscreen typing out a quick text message take me quite some time. Errors are continuous. The built in spellchecker will automatically change misspelled words, but only if you are close enough to that word. Typing quickly on it is cumbersome still. I came from a phone with standard key buttons built into the phone, but even after 2 months or so with the HTC HD7, my texting speed has not increased, and it still becomes a bother to me.

**The Upside:**

Calls are loud, crisp and clear. You can lower and higher the volume by simply pressing the side silver volmue pad.

**The Downside:**

Calls sometimes drop, and volume at times seems to go down as your signal decreases. It's tolerable though.

**The Upside:**

The HTC HD7 comes with some neat applications pre installed, and I like that they chose to add certain functions and features pre-installed without me having to hunt and peck for them in the windows marketplace.

**The Downside:**

A few of the added applications require monthly fees in order to use them. The naviigation in particular, and the TV application. I deleted them both.

**The Upside:**

The Windows Marketplace has thousands of applications for you to weed through, from free games, applications, and tools that make your phone more productive and customized toward your own needs.

**The Downside:**

Even with the large amount of applications available, things are still slim pickings. I was not able to locate certain applications that would have been useful to me. In due time though, I am sure, like the Apple Store, the Windows Marketplace will grow and grow and grow.

Another thing that I dislike about the HTC HD7 is its camera. It takes nice clear sharp images in 5mp, but the issue is that whenever you use it, it will not save your previous settings. I like the flash on my camera at all times, but in order to take photos with the flash on I have to go into the setting every single time and turn it on. I just wish that it would save my last settings, and not just revert me back to default settings whenever I log out of the camera feature.

All in all the Window HTC HD7 Smartphone is a really nifty phone, it has its quirks, but I am really enjoying it regardless of these quirks. I would like to see some issues ironed out, and perhaps in due time with some updates the phone will transform into the perfect smartphone for me. Till then t hough I can only give it a 3 star rating.

A Great Introduction to Windows Phones

from Circleville, OH

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

This is a great starter phone for anyone who is just learning how to use smartphones or Windows phones. I enjoyed using this phone, it just doesn't have the camera quality and features that some of the newer phones have. I love the use of tiles over icons, I think it gives the screen a much more fun feel and makes using it super easy. The touch screen action allows you to do almost anything with one hand and quickly too.

Battery Life
I use my phone for calling often, I am not sure of the life if you play games or watch videos as I didn't do too much of either on this phone

Display/Screen Quality
The display is sharp, no blurs or edges. The colors are clear and crisp.

Call Quality
I experienced a few dropped calls which were most likely network issues. The call sound was clear and with minimal interference.

Super easy to use. My children ages 5,8 and 10 at the time could use this with no help at all

I never experienced any issues with this phone. No scratches or breaks with normal use and no cover, just a screen protector.

I love the slim look and feel of this phone.

Overall, great phone

from Pocatello, ID

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

After almost 2 years of using the HD7 I can honestly say it has been the best phone I’ve owned. The integration of email, documents, calendar, Facebook, messaging, etc., into the Windows Phone OS is a time saver. You don’t have to download extra apps to sync everything. I did end up having to replace the phone within the warrantee period because of a manufacturing defect, but as soon as I signed in to the new HD7 everything from my contacts to my pictures synced automatically. There are only 2 complaints that I have with the phone. It doesn’t have a slot for an SD card which means you’re stuck with about 14GB of free space and it fills up fast. The phone also has no front-facing camera for Skype. Overall, it’s been a great phone!

• Call Quality:

Great phone, battery life is a little iffy though...

from Grambling, LA

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

My only qualms is the battery life it is not terrible but it could be better. It will last a couple of days with minimal talking, but if I talk for a hour or two & have any other kind of heavy use like playing games or listening to music it wont last very long. But I mean what do you expect for such a large screened phone with all the capabilities that it has. there are ways to imrove the battery life though. Love the operating system it sycs everything that I want it to & has lots of social aspects built right in.

Battery Life
Good enough without being terrible. Helpful hints are to turn off bluetooth, set your email settings to only check your email as infrequently as possible, turn off the wifi antenna unless you are using it. set your screen time out to 30 seconds that way the screen is off as much as possible.

Display/Screen Quality
beautiful screen. to prevent it from ending calls when your face touches it simply hit the power button at the top to turn the screen off then it wont be activated by touch until you press the power button again

Call Quality
Calls are always clear & it also lessens noise in the background on my end so my callers dont have to hear all the sounds from the background they just mostly hear me

Very self explainitory to use, the operating system (windows phone) makes it this way. tiles are large & easy to see

Very durable, never broke the screen, has a few nicks on it but overall it has never let me down or broke down on me.

Love the thinness of it. it is not a really bulky phone even though it has a large screen

• Call Quality:

Nice phone but androids have more apps.

from Little River, SC

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

This smartphone has many great features but lacks as many apps as an android. This was my first smartphone and it lacked any useful information on it's many feaures. I had to go online to get information. I found it on the site makeuseof.com. I have found this phone to be easy to use but I would like for it have a longer battery life. I will probably get an android phone next time.

• Call Quality:

Would be perfect if it had a longer battery life

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

Have had my HD7 phone for a year now and have put it through most of the paces.

Pro's:

- Easy to use screens and applications

- Kindle and Netflix apps work wonderfully

- Easy to download additionaly apps

- Large (16GB) memory

Con's:

- Relatively short (6-8 hours) battery life if doing anything other than texting or making calls. Even shorter if using Netflix or doing lots of web-surfing

- No quick redial function

- Have to download Zune software to load your pics and music onto phone

My overall impression of the phone is this: I really like the phone and my fiance is also completely hooked. My 3 year old can scroll through the screen and access the Netflix app and get her shows started. She had planned to buy a Kindle, but there is no longer a need since getting this phone. I really wish it had more battery life. More "mainstream" apps would be nice as well. Would I buy this phone all over again, over a Droid or iPhone? Yes.

Battery Life
Not a great deal of battery life if doing anything other than talking or texting.

Windows 7.5 is fantastic! The Bing search screen allows for scanning bar codes and QR reader. Also allows music search by hearing the song played. The one search has eliminated the need for multiple applications.

• Call Quality:

Nice phone but has some glitches

from Leesburg, FL

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

Overall I like this phone, but don't love it. It has a lot of cool features, it has flash for the camera, video and takes great pictures and videos. You can't however send your videos from your phone....which is ridiculous. Another thing I hate about the phone is that it is touch screen completely, so to answer and end a call you have to push a button on the touch screen and to activate the screen you simply move the phone. Well, when I'm talking on the phone I hang up on people all the time because by leaning forward or to the side I activate the screen to end call and the button to end the call sits right where my cheek bone touches the phone...it drives me nuts. It does have word and is just like using the computer so it's very simple to use and extremely fast, I do love how fast it is. I have also noticed that both my fiance and I have had the same problem with the phone having to be shut off and the battery removed to reset it after trying to make a call several times and one person or the other not being able to hear the other person, which is so aggravating and it happens several times a week on both his phone and mine so I know it's not just my phone.

HTC HD7 - pretty good

from Garfield, NJ

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

This phone is pretty good. Pros are it is simple to use. it is pretty easy to get through the menu. I hate that my fat fingers keep hitting the search button on the bottom right. The battery is good if you only go on it to check texts and call but the life of it is pretty short.

Nice Phone

from Memphis, TN

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

I recently bought this phone about a month ago. I previously had the Iphone 3g. This phone does a lot more than my Iphone. It is bigger and has a bigger screen which I am still getting used to but it's not bad. I would recommend a screen protector because it may be easy to scratch the screen without one. The interface takes some getting used to but I am getting to really like it. The hearing quality is great. I never have problems hearing even after installing a protective case on the phone. The camera quality is excellent, however the flash is a bit much and is really bright which sometimes distorts the photos if there is not enough light and you are taking photos indoors. All outdoor photos so far have been super excellent. It does give you the option to turn off the flash if you want to. The video camera works great too. Mine came with a Microsoft office program built in to the phone and it is amazing. I can view word and excel documents with ease. Email is great as well as the social networking platforms that you can use with it like Facebook. You can also connect with xbox mobile on this device. There are a few cons. if you use it constantly the battery does run down rather quickly. The ringtones that come with the phone are not all that great and you can't use personal ringtones. I heard of an update that will allow this but I don't know when that will be available. All in all this phone is worth the money. I am glad I purchased it.

Nice loaded device with some Cons

from Bogota, NJ

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

First of all let me tell you one thing; this phone rocks with the capabilities and features included in it. I got this phone this February and I can assure you guys that HTC has delivered something best out of their bag with tmobile.

HTC HD7 operates on windows 7 phone operating system. The phone has a big graphic user interface. The screen looks excellent. The brightness and color reception is unbelievable.

There are some cons as Idescribed in my heading. The phone has a fixed memory of 16GB so even if you want to expand in future, you will not be able to. I guess 16 GB is still enough though. The phone doesn't have the flash support so you will not be able to stream videos in to your phone browser.

Apart from that there are no reasons to hate it. It's a great phone with very nice application package too.

Go for it

Outstanding new phone!!

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about HTC Smartphone:

I have been using the HTC Hd7 phone for about two months. I previously owned a Blackberry and had limited experience browsing the web on my phone. From the minute I got my hands on this Hd7 phone, I've loved it. It was a BIG touchscreen phone, a lot bigger than the other phones on the market. The ease of figuring out how to navigate and use the phone was a big plus. I was able to add my Yahoo and Outlook email accounts within several minutes. Other coworkers I heard spent hours trying to get Outlook to work right on their smartphones-NOT me!! I love the clarity of the resolution of the screen, as well as the clarity of the sound quality-both during calls and playing the music.There are so many cool applications you can download in the marketplace, however, hopefully soon there will be more apps availabe for the Windows phone. The fact that this is a Windows phone makes conductig business on the go super easy...you can keep up with your emails, open and dowload attachments quickly, etc...the list goes on. The Zune and Netflix are great tools that are at your fingertips with this phone. The cool kickstand on the back of the phone makes watching videos/movies super fun!

I highly recommend this phone!