3.7
HTC Pocket PC Apache Smartphone

HTC Pocket PC Apache Smartphone

3.7

HTC ppc 6800 smartphone is great

This sprint phone by HTC 6800 i believe its called mogul, is really nice! It is one of the pricier phones, but if you play around with it , you will see why! it is super fun to play with. It comes with a stylus that is for the touchscreen, it makes it easy to navigate the phone, and trust me you will spend hours on this phone just getting the hang of it, and finding out new things here and there. The phone is set with windows program, so if you use a computer, you can use this phone easy and know how to get around it. It has a really good quality camera with a flash. I mean this phone has all the great things a good phone should have. It feels expensive in your hands too. I enjoy the camera, it comes with cute backgrounds, and you just focus your picture on the subject and wham, you have a cute picture to send to friends. It is a great phone for someone who needs to keep their info tidy and with them at all times, this phone does much much more than just place calls.

too many buttons..where do I hold this thing?

I was a very early adopter of Windows Mobile, and of Palm prior to that.  I switched, back then because I thought Mobile IE would be compatible with several sites that required IE on my notebook.  Otherwise, I used Firefox, but have now gone to Chrome.  It turned out that Mobile IE is completely different and is a pretty poor mobile browser.  iPhone and now Android browsers blow it away.

Cons:

Buttons:  This phone has buttons all the way around it.  A person can't pick it up without sending it off onto some function programmed for the button that inadvertently gets pushed.  You especially can't hand it to someone to show them a web page or email because the receiving person will always hit something and whatever you wanted them to see will disappear.

Battery:  Not much life.  It won't go all day if you use either the WiFi or the Bluetooth.

Display:  Illegible in daylight.  Look for shade or take it indoors.

Ear Speaker:  Volume is very low.  Plan to use a Bluetooth headset (but see Battery issue above)

Pros:  Works great with corporate Exchange servers.  Push will run down the battery, but if you can plug in, it's great.  No extra charge on Sprint like there is for Blackberry.

Bottom line:  I'm a long time Sprint user.  I've moved over to an HTC Hero and am loving it so far. If Android hadn't come out, I would have gone back to a Palm or switched to ATT for an iPhone.  Windows mobile is obsolete and I don't see much future in it.

this is a good phone

from Miami, FL

Comments about HTC Pocket PC Apache Smartphone:

This is a fun phone to use , i enjoy is alot , i had it for alot of years, like two or three, maybe more, i dont really remember,

but its a good phone,

easy to text on, easy to call on , fun to play with ,

not too expensive,

like i said its very easy to use , i had no problems trying to figure out how to use it ,

i knew how to use it the day i got it

i definatly would tell you to get it

Love at first sight

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about HTC Pocket PC Apache Smartphone:

I loved this phone the minute I set eyes on it. It looks appealing and high tech. I owned the predecessor of this phone. Windows Mobile 6 is a lot better than 5. The MP3 player is great when you use a headset. The worst quality of this phone is that the speakers are terrible. The camera is really good once you find your ideal settings. This phone is very user friendly.

I love this phone, it's great!

from San Jose, CA

Comments about HTC Pocket PC Apache Smartphone:

This is a **GREAT **phone! It has a lot of very cool features and looks really cool. The screen is a all touch screen. I love the slide out keyboard, it is perfect for texting. It is a internet ready phone that has WI FI so you can use it at home to get on the internet. The phone is really easy to use, its not that complicated.

HTC ppc 6800 smartphone is great

from Colton, CA

HTC ppc6800

from Dewey, AZ

Comments about HTC Pocket PC Apache Smartphone:

The HTC ppc6800 is a cell phone and personal data manager assistant product.

College professors use these because of there convenience that doesn't require them to always carry a laptop computer with them while on the road to their class and back home.

my HTC phone is my "PALM-TOP"

from russellville, AL

Comments about HTC Pocket PC Apache Smartphone:

My HTC phone is my "PALM-TOP".

I FIND IT MORE USEFUL THAN MY LAP-TOP OR MY HOME COMPUTER , BECAUSE IT IS ALLWAYS WITH ME .

IT Has email and messenger features that are useful to keep in touch with my friends .

And also busness aplications that are useful when away from work.

as a telephone it does lack n some ways (such as haveing to hold a touch screen to your ear ( this is solved with an ear-piece or speaker- phone).

It is great to only have to carry 1 device ( instead of a cell phone and a PDA )

too many buttons..where do I hold this thing?

from Dallas, TX

Cons:

Display:  Illegible in daylight.  Look for shade or take it indoors.

great smart phone

from East Saint Louis, IL

Comments about HTC Pocket PC Apache Smartphone:

I have had this phone for almost a year now. I love it some times and hate it the rest. I strongly recommend you have insurance with this phone. The day after i bought the phone the hard drive went out. The phone tends to have problems some times. Overall it is great. I can check my email and ebay. I love it when you purchase the phone it comes with so many extras like a case. That was such a value to me.

Buying a HTC ppc6800, keep looking

from Augusta, GA

Comments about HTC Pocket PC Apache Smartphone:

Initially I loved this phone, but after a few months the phone began to have really bad software issues. Also, the touch screen is so sensitive that the phone will consistently called the last number dial, even from an idle state. Occasionally, when talking, the phone will switch to another call (dial-tone), very aggravating!   Also very short battery life. This is the 4th HTC 6800 replacement I had in 3 months!

Don't trade up to Sprint Touch

from Titusville, FL

Comments about HTC Pocket PC Apache Smartphone:

This was by-far my favorite phone from Sprint. I thought the Touch would be just a better version of the Mogul, I was wrong. The slide out key board was fantastic. The phone did everything I wanted except Sprint Tv. While Sprint TV is cool for long trips and down time I would gladly exchange it for a real keyboard on my Touch.