Other Smartphones:
HTC

Pros

Cons

Ultra Fast and Stunning Camera Smartphone Media Powerhouse

Overall this is by far one of my favorite phones yet. I normally upgrade or replace my phone every few weeks (3-4 weeks), but this phone has just been amazing! I'm a camera nerd and boy does this camera RULE!!! It has no shutter lag at all and the pictures come out beautiful, sometimes better than my Panasonic Lumix! Lowlight photos are a bit of a toss up but they are still good, but the iPhone beats it in that sense. The video is also superb but the audio produced from the video is what's amazing. It almost sounds like you're using an HD mic, I guess thats the Beats audio. The Beats Audio is also amazing and makes songs sound crystal clear and beefs up the bass. The phone is lightning fast thanks to a dual core processor and 1 gig of ram, and I've never used a screen protector and the screen looks as good as the day I bought it, thanks to the Corning Gorrilla Glass 2. Running 4.0 ICS but should be updated to Jellybean soon. This phone is great. The One X, Samsung SIII, and iPhone 5 are the best phones out to date with the fastest processors and best cameras on the market! Can't go wrong with this phone. The size is 4.7 so it may seem a little large to some, but you get used to it. A drawback to the phone is the lack of a removable battery and no micro sd card slot, but other than that it's great. Also the phone has NFC or near-field communication which means that you can transfer information between other NFC devices by touching them together. The One X is also 4G and let me say that downloads on the LTE network are finished almost as quickly as you can click the button INSANE SPEEDS!

Battery Life
The battery life is actually really great and normally lasts me all day and sometimes into the next day (when I don't use it heavily) but I can't give it a perfect rating because of the non-removable battery.

Display/Screen Quality
The screen is FANTASTIC! Pics and video look stellar as well as webpages and text. The screen is really vibrant and doesn't wash out badly in the sunlight. The huge size (4.7 inches) makes it great for watching Netflix and YouTube. It gets a 5 of 5. The widgets are some of the best I've experienced on a phone and the wallpapers and so crisp and detailed that you'll want to change them daily, I just wish they had a built-in feature that would do it for you. Reading books and other documents are great because of all the real-estate you have to enjoy it on. Its a 720p screen (which is all you need on a cell phone in my opinion) so watching HiDef material is a pleasant experience. Again, you will love some of the widgets like the weather app, it's breathtaking and really fun to show off. Pictures look outstanding on the screen. The camera on back is killer and the front-facing looks remarkably great in well-lit places, however, in low-light areas the front-facing camera diminishes severly in quality and looks like VGA and not like its native 720p.

Call Quality
One area that needs improvement is the call quality. I don't know if it's my Ballistic case or just a weak signal, but either way, the voice always seems soft and gentle. When you are in a loud place, the volume can be cranked to the max but you still may have a hard time hearing the other person. I normally use the speakerphone in that instance, but even the speaker can be a bit weak at times. The call quality is just ok. I don't understand how developers can create these ultra advanced PHONES and still forget that the most important feature about a phone IS ITS ABILITY TO PLACE A CALL!

The phone is easy to use no doubt, but if you're like me and had a Samsung Galaxy phone or other phone that was jam packed with convenience features, then the difference in the UI is noticeable. Yes this phone is quite simple to use and HTC's Sense UI is subtle, but it just isn't as convenient as the Samsung Galaxy series. I hate the fact that you HAVE to go into the settings to toggle WiFi, and GPS and can't do it from the pulldown menu like other great phones, but you can create widgets for that purpose. Also to note, this phone lacks a dedicated search button and THAT IS A TRAVESTY because you can no longer longpress the search button to use voice commands, now you have to use the google search app and press the speech button to use voice commands which is kinda regressive instead of progressive, but it's ok. Otherwise HTC Sense is great with sync and auto upload and sharing. It's not difficult to work this phone. It also has a convenient menu that will allow you to access your messages, call log, browser, and camera right from the lock screen which is nice. Another notable feature is the dock app which is great when you're driving or when the phone is being used as an alarm. The camera is so fast, that you won't believe it when you hear it snap a picture. The instant, and I mean the very instant, that you press the button it snaps a picture and can take up to 99 pictures in about a minute which is great for action photos. Another convenient feature is the ability to take a photo from a video, any video that you save in your phone can have a snapshot taken from it.

Screen is flawless, you will never scratch the screen unless you get a diamond blade and really torture it. The phone is built very well and has a nice premium feel to it. I've kept mine in a case so I can't say too much about durability, but I know a good phone, and this is a great phone, one for the long haul. I've dropped the phone in my case once or twice and it always comes out unscathed.

The phone size is pretty average, although it is a hunker at 4.7 inches, it wasn't a lot of adjusting for me from a 4.3 inch screen to the One X. In fact, the difference is barely noticeable because most cases make a phone seem much larger than they actually are. The phone looks good and fits well in the hand and is surprisingly light for its size, but I prefer the look and feel with my case. The phone is a little thin for my taste but it still looks great naked or clothed in a case. If you have small hands, this phone may not be for you because it is rather large, but I have pretty big hands so it's just right for me. To note, my sister has a Motorola Razr which is 4.3 inches and when it's in her case, you can't tell the difference between my phone size and hers just by looking at it. The phone really has a svelte figure. The volume rocker is located on the left side, the charger/usb port on the right, and the headphone jack on top.

Great phone when it works

This phone is sleek, appealing to the eye, thin and easy to hold, comes in a couple different colors, and it has the infamous beats audio. It also has a good camera and a good bit of memory. The downside is that its been messing up since I got it. My texts won't go through until hours after people send them to me, if they even do at all. People call and it goes straight to voicemail, even though I have perfect service, and usually doesn't show a missed call notification. It likes to use data even when WiFi is on so I keep data off unless I'm not at a WiFi spot. And sometimes it likes to restart itself for no reason. So when it works, its actually a great phone. I was told that I might have been given a bad Sims card though, so that may be my issue. When I had first contacted at&t, they told me it was an issue with a malfunction of the phone. I called HTC and they said it sounded like an issue with the Sims card. I called at&t back and they immediately referred me back to HTC. I told them what HTC told me and they said they'd replace the Sims card, but I'll lose everything on my phone so I have to back it up. Once I go to the at&t store, I'll be able to figure out if that's actually the issue.

I LOVE this phone!!

Comments about HTC One X Smartphone:

Overall I was looking for a good phone with real good features and I did find what I was looking for in this phone. It has the best camera on any smartphone on the market. Calls are crisp and the UI is lightening fast. Since the new Google update it is running smoother than ever and with the new Sense 5 update it's a huge change over the previous version.

okay phone

Comments about HTC One X Smartphone:

I got the HTC One X last March and have been using it ever since.
PROS:
It is nicely sized, not too big or too small, with a wide screen.
It has a moderately good battery life
The camera has a good resolution.
Durable covering

CONS:
The speakers are very low
The white on the back dulls

Battery Life
The battery usually lasts me most of the day.

• Call Quality:

Good buy for your technology, application and photography needs

Comments about HTC One X Smartphone:

I bought my HTC One X about a year and half back and it still works perfectly. The screen resolution is brilliant and is great to watch movies and other videos. The beats sound makes the audio and video experience even better.
I have been careless with my phone and have dropped it quite a few times on wood, concrete, etc. However, amazingly the gorilla screen is still intact and the core performance hasn’t slowed down. The phone is sturdy and maintains the glean finish after months of use and wear and tear.
The apps work smoothly and can be downloaded and removed without much hassle. The selection pane offers multiple options to arrange the app icons according to one’s need and hence, personalizing the phone even more.
In all, I recommend this phone if you are going for a cheaper alternative to the new HTC One. It’ll fulfill your craving to smooth, gleam technology without emptying your pockets.

Battery Life
It needs charging every night but I don't blame the phone giving the number of apps that are continually working in the background

Display/Screen Quality
The resolution is great and apt for movie and video watching

Call Quality
The in-call volume lets the user adjust the call quality according to his/her needs

Its interface is easy to understand and use even if you are new to smartphones

Extremely durable! I have dropped it quite a few times and it works perfectly.

I like the contours on the ends. They give it a sleek look

• Call Quality:

Great when it isn't being horrible

Comments about HTC One X Smartphone:

I loved this phone when I first got it- it was my first real smartphone and a HUGE step up from my slide up keyboard phone. The HTC One X is sleek, elegant and an overall beautiful phone in appearance. The camera is also very nice. The Beats audio is also a wonderful addition, the sound is extremely clear. Unfortunately, this is where the amenities begin to diminish. A few months into having the one x, I started to not get any of my messages on time. I'd wait hours upon hours for my friends and family to text me back or call me just to receive nothing. I later discovered that they were indeed replying to me, the phone was just not delivering the messages to me. For months I had to suffer through the process of restarting my phone or sending a text message to myself just to receive the mass of backed up messages. However, this was really the only con of the HTC One X. Despite its inability to receive messages, it is easy to use with a thin, attractive design.

• Call Quality:

Overall excellent for the tech savvy

Comments about HTC One X Smartphone:

As a member of the technologically savvy generation, I couldn't ask for more from this phone. It has everything I need in the basics of a phone (storage capacity, easy calling, voice calling, uncomplicated texting) and all the extra goodies I need to help organize my life. Extremely easy to use and to learn and rarely gives me a problem. Never a permanent problem.

Battery Life
Could be better, not gonna lie. But it always lasts me through my day and for light use, two days at a time.

Display/Screen Quality
The graphics are phenomenal. All high quality images and I honestly think that a lot of my photos come out with better quality than my real camera and most iphones. The front facing camera is obviously lesser quality but still top of the line as far as phones go.

Admittedly, this is my second pne. The first one got screen-smashed about two weeks after I got it, before I could afford insurance. However with a case on the second one (and being a lot more careful) I'm really happy.

I absolutely adore how sleek this phone is. It's a smooth design that fits in the palm of my hand, in my pocket, in most purse pockets easily and it has no rough points to make it awkward anywhere. Fantastic job.

• Call Quality:

Decent Phone, too much bloatware..not enough updates

Comments about HTC One X Smartphone:

I was very excited when I got this phone last year, changing from an htc g2. I thought the build quality would be great (seemed great at the store). And the screen was awesome, so it was the one. I got it home and after a couple days it started to creak, plasticy creaking, bearable, but made it feel cheaper. It came with Android 4.0 and 4.1 came out soon after release, att promising a quick update...well that didnt happen, now we are at 4.2 and still no update. Because it has HTC sense it is missing a few of the jelly bean features you would get on a "vanilla" android device. Also included are about 10 att apps that cannot be installed, and the usable memory is only about 6gigs in a 16gig phone. All and all it hasnt been a horrible phone, just only a tolerable phone.

Battery Life
after a year of use, and a few resets it sucks power quick while powered up...and sometimes for no reason while sleeping

low earpiece volume

cracked screen easily...screen close to plastic edge (although i didnt use a case)

Comments about HTC One X Smartphone:

Battery Life- Even for a smartphone, this has terrible battery life. I get probably 4 1/2 hours of life from each charge. 2/5

Display/Screen Quality- Beautiful display. One of the best looking screens that I have ever seen on a phone. 5/5

Call Quality- It all depends on the area you live in, but I could hear others very well, and I have not heard any complaints from their end. 3/5

Durability- I have accidentally dropped this phone on one or two occasions, and it has held up well, so far. 4/5

Overall, this is a solid phone. I would recommend it to anyone in the market for a smartphone.

Great phone when it works

HELLOOOO!!!

from Perris, CA

Comments about HTC One X Smartphone:

When I became eligible for an upgrade. My cell phone provider offered me a wide variety of phones including an iphone 4 (because the iphone 5 was just released). I reviewed quite a few of them, asked the opinion of a few of my tech buddies and finally decided to go with the HTC One X. It has a lot of fun features, an excellent camera and outstanding sound quality with the beats audio system. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a smartphone.

Battery Life
I wish the battery lasted a little longer , but it could be something I need to adjust. I have quite a few apps downloaded and I do play a lot of games.

Display/Screen Quality
The screen quality is amazing! Crystal clear picture quality.

I think it's very easy to use. Many of the features are self explanatory or they have step by step instructions that are easy to follow.

I think the durability is great. Due to the type of work I do, construction, I got an Otter Box for my phone right away. So that helps it to be extra durable.

The sleek design is great! It's nice and thin with an awesome size screen. So many people ask me which phone it is. It catches a lot of attention!

• Call Quality:

incredible performance with a decent battery

Comments about HTC One X Smartphone:

the phone comes with 16gb and no sd card slot, but what it lacks in memory it overdoes with its snappy dual core processor and incredible attention to detail when it comes to music with headphones. The screen display isnt to shabby either coming just shy of the retina from the iphone 5. The phone is a major powerhouse it just lacks a few things here and there but nothing to seriously worry about. its capable of running the new jellybean software with google now wich puts it in the running for one of the top smartphones of all time. considering its a little dated the phone also has the most intuitive camera software features such as slow motion capture and burst mode which help you to never miss a magic moment. it also comes pre loaded with a ton of filters to help add an artistic edge to whatever your doing. htc also includes drop box which is a cloud service and gives you 25gb of free online storage which more than makes up for not having a sd slot.