Other Smartphones:

Pros

Cons

Probably the Worst Phone I Have Ever Spent Money On

Comments about HTC One S Smartphone:

I like the layout of this phone, and I think it is very user friendly, but in the two years that I have owned this phone my phone company has had to replace it on 3 separate occasions. The first time it would completely freeze up and turn off, mind you I had only owned it for about two months. And the last two times they had to replace it because it would be fully charged, and about an hour after I took it off the charger the battery would be completely drained. I have had this last one for about 4 months and the battery is already acting up.

Excellent Phone, Minor Problems with battery life

Comments about HTC One S Smartphone:

As this is one of my first smartphones, my experience with the HTC One S has been nothing but favorable, save a fave complaints. I first received this phone as a late birthday gift from my father in Mid-September, and was pleasantly surprised with the screen and it how the phone, as a whole, felt in my hand. The phone is literally to die for. Though it isn't as large as the screen on Samsung Galaxy, it is a major advance after having owners a Nokia and two small screened (not smart) Blackberries prior to owning this phone. The screen is ridiculously clear; so clear that this phone has become my new television. On top of the clear screen, the camera takes high quality pictures at ease. It also gives the owner the capability of editing the aforementioned pictures within the Gallery app. The storage on the phone is pretty good also, but then again, for the price of the phone, it should be. The only issue that I encountered with the phone is its battery life. I am forced to charge it at least two times a day, and sometimes more. There is also a slight issue with the phone feeling like its overheating when it is plugged in and charging. Back the general performance of the phone, it is pretty good.

Note: The flaw with the battery is apparently an issue with the manufacturer as many have complained for the battery life of Android phones.

Would have preferred if there were speakers in the front of the phone so that I wouldn't be forced to hold the hold the phone up to hear the audio properly when I am watching a video.

Really good phone

from North Wilkesboro, NC

Comments about HTC One S Smartphone:

I previously had this phone and loved. The response time with this phone was great the sound was great and it was easy to navigate around within the phone. The only downside I found to this phone was that even though it was an android powered device there were many apps that weren’t compatible with this particular phone. The camera on my phone always seemed to be blurry from like day one of using it however my husband had the exact same phone and the camera on his phone always seems to work great and he never had issues with his pictures being blurry. Overall this was a great phone that I wish I was still able to use with my current service provider sadly my service provider at the moment won’t let me use it since it was from a different company so I am stuck using a phone that I absolutely hate.

Great little budget-friendly phone

Comments about HTC One S Smartphone:

Very nice phone, feels good in the hand and not cheap or flimsy. Screen is bright, smooth, and attractive. Runs apps with ease and does everything I need it to do. I haven't experienced dropped calls or connectivity issues, and the battery life is quite good--I sometimes run a lot of apps and don't shut them all down, and it just keeps going. Battery charges quickly, too.

Battery Life
A strong point of the phone, it just keeps chugging along.

Display/Screen Quality
Great screen, bright, crisp, clear.

No problems here.

As long as you're familiar with the operating system, you should be able to figure things out quickly enough.

Seems very solid; I don't even have a protective case for it.

Slim and feels good in the hand, fits easily into a pocket.

HTC One S: a T-Mobile winner

from Downers Grove, IL

Comments about HTC One S Smartphone:

T-Mobile doesn't always get the best phones out there, but the HTC One S is a very solid phone. The first thing you will notice is how light and thin this phone is. It makes the screen look even bigger as a result. It also features Beats Audio. Paired with some Beats headphones, the sound quality did sound markedly better than other phones; especially the bass response. The camera is solid; 8 MP and 1080P recording. Android OS is easy to use as well and the Play Store is pretty robust.

• Call Quality:

Terrific all in one smartphone

from sinking spring, PA

Comments about HTC One S Smartphone:

I've had this phone for about 3 months now. At first had drawbacks the service would go out at times but once i updated the system works perfectly. Great camera, a flash and front facing camera, no memory sd slot but so much memory don't need it.

Battery Life
Only after playing songpop on it straight all day will i have to recharge for a little but if no playing that game I can make the battery last all day after using it multiple times.

Display/Screen Quality
Big screen and watching videos look great on it.

Call Quality
Have had no problems hearing the other caller and speakerphone sounds great

Touch screen, can have many panels, can rearrange the apps on which panel you like certain apps.

Dropped it a couple times and no cracked screens or problems after that.

• Call Quality:

I intend on keeping well beyond the phone contract.

from Ocean Gate, NJ

Comments about HTC One S Smartphone:

I've had an older android phone, but wasn't impressed. I went to a windows mobile htc phone but windows was constantly misbehaving. This phone is a winner. I haven't had a problem yet, I've had it for about 3 months and it's still running like day one.

Battery Life
Impressed with the battery life. I'm constantly forgeting to turn off apps that drain, but it still keeps going, unlike my old smart phone.

Display/Screen Quality
Easy to read and responsive.

Call Quality
Haven't dropped any calls. The volume is great.

Very easy to use. Haven't been stuck trying to figure anything out yet.

Seems durable. I haven't dropped it, so don't hold me to it, but I've never dropped any of my phones.

Great looking phone.

My all in one

from Westbury, NY

Comments about HTC One S Smartphone:

My overall rating of this product is good. I have had the phone for about a month and I am still learning the basics

Battery Life
The battery life is not that great. That could be becasue I have to get used to ending the programs and apps when running.

Display/Screen Quality
Display screen is okay. Still a little annoyed with the sun glare

Call Quality
Call quality is good. No issues yet

Still learning.
Great for playing the radio streams.

As with all my phones I have the outterbox cover. No room for mistakes

This phone is a little larger than some of my others. It seems as though we are going back to the large phones but with a slimmer style

• Call Quality:

Very good smartphone on T-Mobile account

from Woodridge, IL

Comments about HTC One S Smartphone:

Works well, short battery life, gets warm quickly. But it's a joy to have and view. My truly first Android phone (had a clone "hero 300" for a brief time) and I used an Apple iPhone (1st gen) prior to this. For the novice user, the phones are somewhat similar with touch screen, apps and more or less "uni-body" design. The top of the HTC one (back) does detach to allow you to insert the micro-sim card it uses (T-Mobile supplied mine to replace my old regular sim card). It has a mini-usb port that is used both for charging and data transfer (it comes with a charger and usb cable) on the side and a headphone jack on top (I was surprised it did not come with headphones or ear buds). The volume button is rather long but not a problem. The phone's body is slim. The face buttons are soft buttons (meaning you just touch it like the touch screen and do not press them).

Battery Life
Although battery drains quickly, it'll still last a day unless you use it constantly by playing games or videos and let's face it, that's probably why you're looking at this phone. If I play any of the games that are "time wasters" or involve spending some time playing, then the battery is going to get drained. The biggest hog though is actually the screen itself. Whenever I check the battery use, the screen is always the biggest user.

Display/Screen Quality
One of the best I've seen on a mobile phone. It is also quite large compared to some of the other phones available. Resolution seems fine to me and I have a nice live wallpaper that is simply amazing on this phone's screen.

Call Quality
I have not had any issues yet. Receiving and calling out is simple. I use a call widget for my most used contacts. I did have to get use to dragging the "answer" button to the circle to actually answer the phone - part of the Android system. I think the older Android systems you either swipe to the center of something similar to answer. I have used my iPhone headset (bluetooth) with this phone.

Simple touch screen. It uses Android ICS operating system and that's where some "issues" may appear if you are not aware of how to do things (but there are several good forums to help you out)

Haven't had this long enough to give an exact rating but so far so good.

Fits easily in hand, comfortable on calls. Do wish I could add memory card or replace battery, but overall good design.