Other Smartphones:

HTC myTouch 3G Smartphone

Pros

Cons

• Call Quality:

This phone has survived some of the worst

I got the MyTouch 3G Slide when it was first released and I use it all the time for anything I can think of. I choose the red one because it was sleek and...Read complete review

I got the MyTouch 3G Slide when it was first released and I use it all the time for anything I can think of. I choose the red one because it was sleek and very nice looking.

This phone has Swype capabilities (you basically draw your finger from letter to letter to make a word) which I am not very good at, but most learn to use this function quickly, but you can also download other touch screen keyboards from the Android Market place or you can slide the phone open and use the QWERTY keyboard that allow you to type quicker and auto corrects punctuation and capitalization errors which is a nice feature if you tend to send your text messages before proof reading.

You can purchase screen protectors that were made specificially for this phone to make sure you don't scratch it and you can also purchase carrying cases. This phone like the 2nd generation MyTouch has a 3.5mm headphone jack so you can listen to your music on headphones or through the speaker and includes a 8GM SD card which allows you to save music, photos, and back-up your contacts just to make sure you cover all of your bases

You can also download a variety of widgets, games, and applications for your phone which include text messaging applications and ringtone editors. This phone allows you to personalize your contacts ringtones, allows you to send people you don't want to speak to straight to voicemail and depending on the texting application you use, you can "blacklist" people that way you don't have to read their annoying text messages if they don't get the hint. The phone includes a 5.0 megapixel camera, has video recording options, and includes a flash for when you take pictures in darker light settings.

Since this phone has a lot of functions going on such as auto sync which allows you to sync your facebook and twitter accounts to your phone, allows you to back-up your contacts to your Gmail account and T-Mobile online account, it drains battery life. The best way to help your battery last longer is to disable these capabilites when you aren't using them otherwise your phone will die quickly even if you don't use it a lot, but it does give you a list of things in order that use your battery the most. You can also download a Battery Widget called Battery Left, which you can put on one of you home screens and will tell you what time your phone will die, what percentage it's at and how many hours you have.

T mobile. T must stand for terminated.

We are living in times where owning a cell phone has become necessary and therefore reliable. T mobile is a very very unreliable service. You can be on the phone talking with a friend, relative, wife or whoever and your conversation would just suddenly end. T mobile has many dead zones and poor reception areas for it to be a paid service. All I can say is I have given T mobile a chance one too many times and every time I did I received the same end result, extremely annoying and disappointing service. If you get what you pay for then T mobile is telling me that my money is garbage!

HTC MyTouch 3.0 is a GREAT smartphone for the money!!

from Dallas, TX

Comments about HTC myTouch 3G Smartphone:

This smart phone is amazing. It has a HUGE internat storage allowing for installing a LOT of apps on your phone without having to delete others to make room. With the external memory storage capability, it also allows for a lot of apps to be stored on the momory card, being taken off your internal phones drive space making room for even more apps.

The camera is oka, not the best, as it's only a 3.2 with no flash. And the sound is not the best either for watching videos/movies (without headphones) or using speaker phone, it is too quite, even at max voloum.

It has 5 home screen areas which is great for keeping all of your apps on for quick access. It is extremely fast and quick response time. Since it has the OS 2.1, it allows for using almost every app out there. There are a few I have come across that required 2.2 or higher, but not many at ALL!!

Overall, this smart phone is amazinf and I would totally recommend it to anyone interested. SO much so, that when I am able to upgrade my phone come this December, I may get the next one, the 4.0 MyTouch, If I don't opt for the iPhone, but I think i really like Androids better.

Even though iPhones don't seem to ever have ANY problems - it's what my husband and his whole family has as well as almost everyone I work with, another reason why i might NOT get one as everyone already has one - I want to be different - plus why change something that is working in the first place - GO HTC MYTOUCH WOO HOO!!!

Sturdy, Durable, and long lasting

Comments about HTC myTouch 3G Smartphone:

I have had this phone for over three years and just very recently have started having trouble with it. For the past 3 years though I can not complain much about this phone. The phone is a lightweight compact phone that offers all of the functions that the more advanced phones offer. Games were always very quick and downloads very fast as well. I had had a lot of Tmobile phones prior to this one and the my touch has far exceeded any other phone. If you are looking for an up to date smartphone I do not think this phone would be for you though. I have found recently that when trying to download certain games this phone is not compatible with the new gaming functions, and have also found that in a few different apps. For example when using the groupon app it often tells me that the smartphone is not compatible and switches to the browser version instead. The sound on the phone is great, I have downloaded hundreds of songs (with a micro sd card inserted) and all sounds sound phenomenal. I have from time to time experienced dropped calls, but I think that is more Tmobile to blame than the phone.

Although I have had this phone for so long and did enjoy it. I am rating it a three based on the phone selection that is out there now. If you are looking for a basic smart phone this is a good phone for you, but as a an updated functioning smartphone look for a newer version.

Battery Life
For the first three years of having this phone the battery life was pretty good, three years later it dies very quickly.

I have always hated having to type out text messages on this phone. the screen is no where near as large as most smartphones that are out there now, and therefore the keyboard is very small and will often autocorrect very terribly. I do however enjoy the swipe function!

Three years later and the phone is holding up very well.

• Call Quality:

The My touch 3G slide is a good phone.

from Morrisville, PA

Comments about HTC myTouch 3G Smartphone:

I bought this phone when I was due for an upgrade from tmobile. I heard a lot about Android phones and I wanted to try one out. The genius button is a great feature for when you are driving and you can't use your hands. The Android market is getting bigger and bigger with the selection of apps that it has. I really like the slide out keyboard. it feels good and types real nice. it also has a touch screen keyboard for those of you that prefer that kind. I find the slide keyboard is easier to use. This phone comes with a 8 gig storage card for pictures or music or whatever you like so there is a lot of storage space. You will need an app killer though because the battery drains fast when you use a lot of apps at the same time. The speed of this phone is great. Ypu can either use your wifi or t mobiles 4G network. Surfing the web is fast and easy. It has the my faves feature, and you can keep up with all of your friends on Facebook and Twitter. You can easily watch videos on u tube. I am impressed by this Android phone and I would recommed it to friends and family.

Love my MyTouch

from Snohomish, WA

Comments about HTC myTouch 3G Smartphone:

This is the first smartphone I've ever had, and it has changed my life.  I use it all the time for everything from price comparisons while shopping, unit conversion (ounces per gallon, etc.), note-taking, weather monitoring, email, and many other magnificent things.  There are limitless apps on the android market -- everything you can imagine and more!

The myTouch has a touch screen keyboard which makes it nice and compact as opposed to the G1 with the slide out keyboard.  It was difficult to get used to, but I persevered!  Also, the predictive text feature has spoiled me so much I hesitate sometimes when typing on my computer, thinking the word will magically appear even though I'm not finished typing it.

I'm only taking away a star because I know how fast the newer phones are, and am jealous (really I am giving the phone 4.5, but it doesn't do halves).  The speed is the only thing that gets annoying sometimes, but wouldn't be an issue and I would still be completely enamoured with my phone if it were a little faster.

Battery Life
5 stars for battery life the first 2 years--kept a charge all day. After that (magically) it started acting up and not dying after having a full battery in 8 hours or so, sometimes less if I was using it a lot.

I took it to a store because it was having other "staying on" problems and they updated my sim card and I did a factory reset. Since then, it's keeping a charge much better, and I only charge it once a day most of the time.

Display/Screen Quality
This being my first smartphone, I think it's great. There are newer, better phones out there, but they cost money. This phone is just fine.

Going on 3 years with this little guy. I dropped it once and panicked, but it only suffered a little ding in the corner of the back. Since then it's worn a silicone cover, and I continue to drop it every month or so (butterfingers), but nothing has ever affected it.

• Call Quality:

It's great, but the battery life isn't too hot.

from Gresham, OR

Comments about HTC myTouch 3G Smartphone:

It's a fantastic phone, and I loved mine when I had it. It did everything that you could possibly dream of and I would get one again if I had the possiblitity too. The only thing that really concerns me is the battery doesn't last all day, and it freezes up a lot and you have to take the battery out to fix it. The internet on it is great and you can ue any website you possibly want, but if you leave the internet on too long your phone slows and becomes almost impossible to use. Especially if you're running more then one thing, for example if I were to listen to music, recieve a text message and on face book it lags. I do like the new my touch slide better because it as has the solidity of an actually keybored that doesn't freeze up because your phone is slow and there are too many apps on. Over all though I think it is one of the better smart phones out there and I have always been happy with my t-mobil service its great.

Memory space is sorely lacking.

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about HTC myTouch 3G Smartphone:

I want to love this phone, but there are some things that just get me frustrated. The main problem for me is the memory. I have a few heavy apps but I keep having to delete and reinstall when I want to update some of them. I also have a problem with the screen keyboard where it seems to have some sensors shifted for a couple of the letters. Other than that, I like everything. I've dropped it twice and it still works great.

Battery Life
I suppose there are better and worse out there.

• Call Quality:

T mobile. T must stand for terminated.

from Bronx, NY

Comments about HTC myTouch 3G Smartphone:

T-Mobile Mytouch 3G is the best Android phone!

from Middletown, OH

Comments about HTC myTouch 3G Smartphone:

I love the T-Mobile Mytouch 3G. There are so manty features to this phone that make it incredible. First of all, it it such a thin phone and has such a sleek appearance. The camera is great on the phone. I've taken some videos from concerts and they turn out pretty well. Just about the same quality as a digitial camera. I love my GPS on the phone. It is powered by google maps. You can access GPS, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi all with the touch of a button. The mytouch comes with an outstanding 8GB memory card, which means lots of room for music. I have the 3.5mm jack so I just plug that into the AUX port on my CD player in the car and play my music that way. I don't even play my CD's anymore. You also have full access to the android market. There are endless apps you can get on there. It's the best phone I've ever had. I've had mine for almost a year now. No problems whatsopever. If I ever replace this phone then it will be to upgrade and get the Mytouch 4G!

T-Mobile MyTouch 3G a good phone

from Huntington Beach, CA

Comments about HTC myTouch 3G Smartphone:

The T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Android phone is really a good phone overall. You can download thousands of applications at the Android Marketplace, many of which are free. There are games, shopping companions and too many others to mention. The phone itself is lightweight and attractive. I do not get many lost calls or other issues. The only problem that I get is with the connectivity. There are certain places that you just can't get 3G reception, but suspect that this is a network problem and not really a phone problem. I love that it is syncronized with my Gmail account. This makes it so much easier to send emails and make calls. The talk to text feature is really cool too. The navigation is in real-time and works really well. Overall, this is a good value for your money.

LOV IT!

from Chicago Ridge, IL

Comments about HTC myTouch 3G Smartphone:

I recently got this phone and I seriously love it, I personally think it's better than an I-phone, i mean it has all the same features, maybe the iphone has a few more, but this is got about everything i can think of! I prefer this phone more because of the fact it has a keyboard, not only just a touch screen, because we got to admit, they can get annoying sometimes, and my family has had the iphone before, and depeding on the one you have, some freeze, but i love this phone, its very reliable and its just great, i love the features on and it has a great battery life and it charges fast! It has a lot of apps that you can download and it has a feature where it always renews the top 100 songs and plays em for you, really, its great!