3.5

Pros

Cons

Htc is the best ,Nice design ,easy use

For the calls , the sound is cristal clear and soft for the ear.
the battery life medium depend on...Read complete review

For the calls , the sound is cristal clear and soft for the ear.
the battery life medium depend on the use like in games mode or data connection it's little bit not enough.
for me i like enjoying listening to the music on it like i said the sound is great.
for the camera the pictures are awesome nice colors and lighting and cam capture fast.
this piece is nice to manage contacts and tasks or scheduling meeting or else .
the keyboard generally accepted , for texting and chatting not bad at all its fast.

there is just an issue of glitching some times and in games some time the ram not enough but totally the phone so nice in design.
It's very easy to use

Works great - except bluetooth.

I have had this phone now for over six months and I just like it.  When the phone first came out I had a few friends that got the phone and they said they loved it.  I love some of the same features that made the phone great for them but there are some other features that are just lacking.

There are several things that I do love about this phone.  One of them is that since it is through Google the source is open for the phone and this makes it so that other developers can create many different applications, a lot of which are free.  I have found many different applications that are very useful in my life and I haven't paid for any of them.

I also love the compact size of the phone.  I can fit this phone in my pants pocket and it isn't uncomfortable.  At the same time though this phone isn't too small that it is difficult to hold while talking.

One of the things that I dislike about this phone is that the bluetooth feature doesn't work with all handsfree bluetooth devices.  I purchased a bluetooth with this phone and then discovered that many different brands of bluetooth didn't work with this phone.  They did finally push an update but this only made the phone usable with one brand of bluetooth.

Another thing that dissapoints me about the Droid Eris is that the phone some times will run a bit slowly.  I have tried to turn off some of the different apps that run in the background but that doesn't always seem to help.

Overall I would suggest this phone to some one who doesn't need the bluetooth feature but still wants a smartphone.

Battery Life
The battery drained rather quickly. I have to charge the phone daily or it will go dead on the second day.

After having this phone for a year some of the sensors started to go out and I wasn't able to dial the number 3 any longer. You never know how much you need #3 until you don't have it as an option.

Htc is the best ,Nice design ,easy use

from Mila , Algeria

Pros

• Brilliant Display
  • Easy Navigation
  • Good Interface w/email
  • Great Battery Life

Cons

• Ram Limited

• Games
  • Organizing Schedule
  • Texting
  • Web Browsing

For the calls , the sound is cristal clear and soft for the ear.
this piece is nice to manage contacts and tasks or scheduling meeting or else .

It's very easy to use

• Data Connection Speed:
  • Fast
  • Cell Phone Camera:
  • Easy To Use, good resolution, Nice colors, Takes Clear Pictures
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Just an ok phone

Comments about HTC DROID ERIS Smartphone:

I needed a new phone and Verizon had a nice deal on these phones so I jumped on it. It was nice at the beginning and then I realized people couldn't hear me talking on the phone 70 percent of the time. It looks like a nice phone but it's nothing special. I will stick with Samsung.

Nice Phone

Comments about HTC DROID ERIS Smartphone:

Phone worked amazingly good for the first year. Started glitching a little bit after that though. But overall I loved the Droid Eris.

Battery Life
Never had any problems with the battery life failing me, and I had my phone on nearly all day......as in playing games and facebook, as well as messenger and texting.

Display/Screen Quality
Amazing! Loved the screen quality until it started glitching a year after getting it.

Call Quality
No problems ever with the call quality! Always very good!

So easy to use!

Only lasted a year and the track ball was the first thing to go. Then it started glitching, replaced it two times before switching to a new phone.

Design was amazing for this phone with the exception of the track ball. Totally not impressed with the track ball.

• Call Quality:

From good to bad... quickly.

Comments about HTC DROID ERIS Smartphone:

When I received this phone a while back, i absolutely LOVED IT! It seemed to be the perfect phone. It was a new Droid and was the closest thing I could get to an iPhone. It was a large step up from the crappy phone I had before. It had a virtual keyboard and very nice screen. The touch sense was very fast and responsive. Then it all when downhill. The touch screen started becoming unresponsive and would automatically press buttons on it's own. I tried multiple times to sync the screen and that didn't help at all. The navigation ball stopped working and both problems made it difficult to use the phone. I would have to wait for others to call me to talk on the phone. It was ridiculous. There was a huge lag when trying to text on the phone, so most of the time I would press the worst button or press the same letter multiple times.

Display/Screen Quality
The screen quality and sensation was horrible

Awesome

Comments about HTC DROID ERIS Smartphone:

I love this phone, it works very well for my family. I love how it takes pictures and also loads applications quickly... I also enjoy how easy it is to learn the phone and its features. The battery life is great especially for someone like me who is always on there phone. Also the screen is easy to read and doesn't have the bluriness that some of the other phones that I have tried in the past. The call quality is clear and easy to hear people on. I also would say that the phone is very durable I have 2 young toddlers that have dropped it several times and thrown it several times and it has never broken on me.

• Call Quality:

Good for an older smart phone

from St. Paul, MN

Comments about HTC DROID ERIS Smartphone:

I've used this phone for 4-5 years now. I've had to replace it a couple times, once after dropping it in a full sink of water, and once when I my charger stopped working. I've been able to get a free phone for over a couple years now with my plan through Verizon but I've kept this one because it is the absolute perfect size (all the newer phones I've seen are all bigger). I also just like how it works in general. The main downside I've had is using the internet. Sometimes it takes some time to load and it won't load certain sites.

Battery Life
One of my replacement phones died really fast and the company gave me a knew one for free. My current phone stays charged for a few days, even with using it for short calls, texting and very shortly being on the web. If you're on the phone for hours or playing games, etc then it obviously doesn't last as long. If I charge it overnight and unplug it in the morning I've never had to charge it mid-day, it always lasts until I go to bed.

Display/Screen Quality
I've dropped my phones hundreds of times, even on cement and the screen is still almost perfect condition. No cracks, I have a screen cover on and under the cover there are no scratches. Its a very durable phone.

Call Quality
Calls are always super clear, speaker is loud but not too loud, you can adjust volume, even at a louder volume calls are clear.

• Call Quality:

It used to be alright, now I'm not a fan!

from Martinsburg, WV

Comments about HTC DROID ERIS Smartphone:

It does the job of a regular phone. Sometimes it's hard to pull down the menus or answer a phone call, leaving your phone to ring and ring and ring and sometimes miss calls. Then when you miss a call there is no nice voicemail button option to get your messages. Very annoying. The other bad thing is even if you have a SD card, you can't move apps/games over to it like you can with the original Droid. The vibrate function when it rings isn't strong so that causes you to miss calls/texts too when you have to have the ringer off and it's in your pocket.

Battery Life
Drains quick, preloaded apps drain it and take up much needed space.

Display/Screen Quality
The screen quality is great! It didn't scratch easy but I got a screen protector just because.

Call Quality
Call quality is okay, nice and clear.

It's very easy to use, aside from the screen being a bit touchy when you try to drag menus.

It went through the wash and dried out fine. It's been dropped plenty too. LOL

I don't like the scroll ball.

It's ok

Comments about HTC DROID ERIS Smartphone:

It is ok, not the best smartphone I have ever had.

Battery Life
the battery dies super quick, i ave t charge it twice a day.

Display/Screen Quality
screen is ok, I like a bigger screen.

Call Quality
it drops calls a good bit, but it is clear you can hear very well

very easy to use, no problems at all.

I have dropped mine several times and it just has dings and scratched the phone still works.

the design is okay, about as any smart phone, professional and sleek.

• Call Quality:

Variety of features with sleek design

from Springdale, UT

Comments about HTC DROID ERIS Smartphone:

The screen is on the small side,but very sharp.There's the multitouch feature for the web browser.There are seven customizable home screens.It has these themes you can switch between called Scenes.Perhaps for various settings like work or home.There are a lot of different ringtones to choose from as well.The browser is nice.It allows multiple windows at once.There are no visible navigation buttons though.There's a 5 mega pixel camera that's video capable.It includes a zoom feature.The camera quality is okay.The battery life isn't the best.Maybe 3-4 hrs.
It's a good product overall and not too expensive.

Pretty good phone

Comments about HTC DROID ERIS Smartphone:

I've had this phone for a while now. I recently purchased this phone after losing my Windows Phone, The Droid Eris is an excellent android phone even with the 2.1 operating system. The Camera takes extremely good pictures and the touch screen is easy to use. I love that you have 2 blank menu screens to set short-cuts to your favorite apps. It also has dedicated screens for favorite contacts and to send text messages. Reception is great also. This phone does have some problems though. The battery life could be better but the phone is still worth giving 5 stars. Just like having a mini tablet in my hands. The touch screen works great and there is plenty of space for whatever you choose to have on your home screens. Also the key board is easy to use. I recommend this phone.