Other Smartphones:

HTC 4G Smartphone

Pros

Cons

• Call Quality:

I love, love, love the HTC Evo!

I am absolutely in LOVE with this phone and would recommend it to anyone. I used to be an iPhone user and I really did like the iPhone when I had it. When details and specs came out for the HTC Evo, it was obvious it was a true competitor to the iPhone and I decided to take a leap of faith and pick the Evo over the iPhone 4.  I could not be any happier with my decision. The battery life is not where I would like it to be but Sprint is definitely aware of the situation and has put out updates to help with that problem.  One of the greatest features about the phone is that it truly does have full web capability and you don't have to worry about a website using flash because you can still see it unlike some previously announced full web phones.  Screen size, camera, processor, GPS, Sprint TV, google voice is great and don't know how I ever lived without them! Android market is smaller than the iPhone Apps market but still respectable. Let's not forget the most impressive part of the phone.... 4G!!!! Which just became available in Tampa about a week - 2 weeks ago. Extremely impressive!

Nice Phone but still needs improvements

This phone has a lot of nice features but I do miss my blackberry.

This phone has a lot of nice features but I do miss my blackberry.

Pros: (lots of sleek features)-The screen space is great and gives you a nice web experience-Zoom in and out by spreading/closing your fingers just intuitively feels right.-Available ringtones-multiple desktop screens(your home screen, your bookmark screen, etc.)-nice screen savers (color shift from night to day, windshield wiper when rainy)-gps

Cons: (not as practical as you'd think)-touch screen is very sensitive on typing (I miss having buttons), and has a tendency to pocket dial someone or hang up accidentlly when it touches your cheek-contact list/lookup features aren't as intuitive as you might think.  Maybe I need the instruction manual but if someone in my contact list sends me an email and I click on their name in the sent from line shouldn't I be able to view the contact info to call them???  Instead, I have to exit mail, go into my contact nd look them up all over again to get their number.  This is particularly painful.-"Drag down to answer phone feature" works only about 50% of the time.  I feel like I have to stroke it 20 times before it actually answers, which makes me look like a fool petting my phone.

Overall, a sleek, glossy phone, but you may sacrifice the practical features for the fancy ones.

This phone is horrible!

Comments about HTC 4G Smartphone:

I bought this phone for my bf last year and have had four replacement phones since then. Everyone of them have had the same issues. It resets itself and turns off for no reason. When surfing the net it goes to the home screne and loses what you were doing. Also, drops calls when you have full service bars. I would not recommend this phone to anyone. It is not worth the cost.

• Call Quality:

Overall, it's a good phone. I haven't had too much trouble

Comments about HTC 4G Smartphone:

The first evo was my first smartphone, so maybe just upgrading to the new version gave me some benefits but overall I found it fairly easy to figure out and I haven't had much trouble with it yet. I did have some water damage and had to have the phone replaced, but that was my fault. Battery isn't anything special but I haven't had the difficulties that I have read on other reviews. Lastly, I seem to have more trouble getting the 4g on this phone than I did on the one that had water damage. It doesn't effect me dramatically but I could see this being an issue for someone who relies it on more than I do.

Great phone!

Comments about HTC 4G Smartphone:

I have gone through several HTC EVOs. The processor is good, nice screen, the battery life is good, and accessories are plentiful. The main thing that kept me in love with this phone is the fact the it connects to "actual 4G" (Clear, now Sprint) service. Not "4G LTE" or something else. When connected to 4G the batteries goes fast. But, it's great for tethering with a laptop or creating a wifi hotspot for tablets or other devices. The only downside is the older version of Android. I switch providers so I no longer have the option of using this phone. I miss it.

• Call Quality:

Best phone I have ever had!

Comments about HTC 4G Smartphone:

This phone has lasted me almost 4 years. I have never had any major problems with it and for the most part it has kept up good speed. It does take a long time to turn on but runs fast after.

Battery Life
The original battery does not hold a charge very well for more then a day but I bought the extended battery for it and it will hold a charge for a little over 2 days.

• Call Quality:

Good phone to have if you take care of it.

Comments about HTC 4G Smartphone:

I've had my htc evo 4g for a little more than a year now. It has held up quite nicely, especially with the otter box case I purchased to protect it. One thing I don't like is that over time, the hdmi connection for the usb charging chord has loosend up. This makes it difficult to charge the phone at times. The phone won't pick up that it's connected and can create a major hassle in your mobile life when you really need it. I wish for HTC to take care of this in the future and make a sturdier product. The size is nice and the phone has decent sound. At times I find myself having to use speaker phone mode to hear some calls because the volume on the normal speaker comes in low at times. Overall, the phone is decent when it comes to viewing videos, using apps, and taking pictures. It's great for browsing the web and texting. I rate this product satisfactory in terms of quality. It's a better than average phone, but over time will wear down.

Hated it

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about HTC 4G Smartphone:

This phone is okay for someone that doesn't want to download a ton of apps. I ran out of space very quickly. The battery sucked, but I think that is because it was over 2 years old and just ran down. The camera was good on the phone. I'm not sure if it was the phone or the memory card, but some pictures would always be messed up with lines through them. I would not buy this phone again. It liked to reboot on it's own sometimes. It would also freeze once in awhile and I would take the battery out and it would be fine.

Battery Life
I gave the battery a 2 because my batter sucked. As mentioned, it could be because mine was over 2 years old.

The phone was dropped many times with a case on and it held up just fine.

very easy to use.

Love my EVO

from Maryland Heights, MO

Comments about HTC 4G Smartphone:

I love my phone, it's so fast and smooth.

Battery Life
I've learned that if you dim your screen then you save tremendously on your battery life.

Display/Screen Quality
Screen is so big and clear, so much better than my husband's iphone.

Things sync, work and launch so smoothly. Love the bluetooth - use it to talk in the car, send photos and contacts without every plugging any cords. Also like that it uses a common mini usb charger - you can get those cords (for charging the car/wall) just about anywhere!

I've dropped this phone too many times, but it is still holding up. I keep a case of some kind on it most of the time though - and a screen protector.

The phone just feels good in your hand. Buttons and everything just seem to be in all the right places.

• Call Quality:

Great smartphone - durable and worth the money

Comments about HTC 4G Smartphone:

I'm very happy with my HTC Evo 4G smartphone. I've had it for almost 2 years now, and have never had an issues with it.
It's my first and only smart phone - and I wouldn't pick a different brand for my next phone.
It's compatible with almost every app on the market. The processor is fast and rarely is it slow. The larger, graphic heavy games take a few extra seconds to load, but they play well without lag.
There is a lot of storage space on the phone as well. I'm able to keep several music albums, tons of apps and TONS of pictures without any issues.
The battery lasts an average amount of time. With just calls and text messages - it will last days. With heavy gaming or lots of app usage - it will last about a day. You can turn of several features to save on battery life - such as GPS (turn on only when needed), WIFI (again turn on only when needed), and blue tooth. You can also dim the screen and it will drastically save battery life.
It's light weight and a good size. Camera takes great pictures. It doesn't take good pictures with movement. Takes great pictures of slow or non-moving objects.
A case is a must for this phone - the camera lens is easy to scratch and will ruin the photos if it does get scratched.

• Call Quality:

Way better than my last smart phone!

from Kaysville, UT

Comments about HTC 4G Smartphone:

I have had several smart phones, and this HTC 4g EVO is my favorite so far. The screen is nice and big and easy to read. It is a nice size, nice and slim and still able to fit in your pocket if that is where you decide to carry it. I actually used to carry my phone in my pocket all the time but have recently stopped after seeing a news story that said that probably was not a good idea. I love all the apps that are available on this device. I have had several other android smartphones, and have actually not put as many apps on this phone as I did on some of the others. I think some of the novelty of the apps has worn off, plus I am a little busier in my life. Every once and a while I will put a new app on the phone though. I also don't use the 4g very often. It drains the battery a lot faster when the 4g is on, and the 4g coverage in my area is spotty at best. I do love being able to easily check my email, facebook, and favorite websites from the phone. This phone has a much larger screen than my previous smartphones, making it even easier to do things like that from the phone. I have also done quite a few online purchases from the phone, which is nice. It's always great to be albe to spend money on random things while you are waiting for something somewhere!

Battery Life
I would say the initial battery life was okay, but now there are days when my battery doesn't make it through the day. Sometimes it seems really inconsistant. Obviously if I am using the phone a lot or surfing the internet for a long time, I would expect to drain the batter doing that. But, sometimes on days when I have used my phone very little, the battery warning starts going off. My husband has already eyed a new phone for me that has a longer battery life. This phone doesn't bother me that much with the battery, because I am usually somewhere where I can charge it.

Display/Screen Quality
The display is nice and big and bright, and the screen quality is good. I would have given it a very good, but I did get a random scratch on the screen and I don't even know how. It's one thing if you scrape your phone on something or your keys give it a scratch and you have an explanation of how the damage happened, but it is frustrating when the scratch appears for no apparant reason. This phone takes great pictures and it is really easy to share them via email, text, facebook, etc. I really like this feature becuase it makes it a lot easier to update family and friends with photos. The photo quality is really nice and there are a lot of fun effects you can use. My favorite effect is the "over exposed" one. Pretty much any picture I do with this effect looks awesome.

Call Quality
The call quality seems fine, I can hear people nice and clear on the phone. I haven't had any problems with quality, static or dropping calls. The speaker phone also works nicely, and we use it a lot.

This EVO 4g if very easy to use and navigate. You can customize the screens with all your favorites and switch between things very easily. I'm sure someone else could probably even push the capabilities of the phone even more, like I said above, I don't have as much extra time for playing on my phone as I used to.

My phone has not held up quite as well as my husbands. I thing I dropped it once and a bunch of the black paint around the screen came off (it wasn't even that bad of a drop, so it was really sad). Everything else seems to be holding up just find. I do have a problem with the power button on the top. It seems like I have to push it multiple times before my phone will shut off or turn on. I don't know if this is typical, or if I just need to be a little more patient and give it some time to turn on and off. I'm just not sure.

No complaints about the design. The HTC 4g EVO is very sleek and has a nice clean design. It has a larger screen than my previous phone but is thinner and less clunky. Very nice. Thanks HTC.

All I need

Comments about HTC 4G Smartphone:

I got the EVO after doing a lot of research. I found mixed reviews but I decided to take the chance and I don't regret it. The phone has a nice large screen, brightly lit and sharp colors. The calls aren't very clear sometimes (background noise) but that could be the carrier. It's fast and the comes along with a good camera -not exactly professional grade but good enough for everyday quick pics. You can download from Google play many apps that make it a great smart phone to have around.