2.4

2.4

Pros

Cons

Best Buy Credit card is great

The Best Buy credit card is the best card my husband and I ever applied for.  We received a low balance to start and after 2 months of paying on time and more than our balance due, they increased our credit line.  We missed making 1 payment on time and when I sent an email to customer service they credited back the late payment fee.  I have never had a credit card that would work with me like that.  It is a reguar MasterCard so you can use it anywhere and earn points while using it.  I would recommend this card to anyone.  We even qualified for the card after filing bankruptcy almost 2 years ago.  Perfect way to rebuild your credit or if you just need a card for emergencies, this is the perfect card.  Other cards are hard to get along with but not the Best Buy Credit Card.  You can view and pay your bill online which is really convenient.  It is a secure website to apply and pay your bill.  Check it out.

Best Buy Rewards Master Card is the worst!

I had not had a credit card in years and years, and I had used the Best Buy Rewards Zone program before, so I thought, "what the heck, I'll try their Best Buy Rewards Master Card." On the surface it looked like an easy way to earn $25 Best Buy gift cards for just using the card and paying off the balance every month. Wrong, wrong, wrong. The card was sent in the mail, but I never received any additional paperwork, and a service representative activated it for me when I was unable to use it at a store. The great sounding low interest, no annual fee went away IMMEDIATELY when I was unable to figure out where to send the first payment. I paid off the balance, only to discover a $39 late fee and interest raised above 20 percent. I called HSBC Financial (first) and they said, "Sorry' but at this time we can't reverse the change. Then I called Best Buy Stores, thinking they would want to know about something that was making them look bad. They could care less. I paid the balance once and the payment was held 10 days before it was posted (because they can legally hold it 10 days.) In that time, of course, any purchase causes an over-limit fee. Get the picture: Best Buy has a really crappy credit card. Pay cash and shop somewhere else.

If you only shop at best buy it's a good card

from Westchester, IL

Comments about HSBC Bank - Best Buy Reward Zone MasterCard:

I applied for the Best Buy Reward Zone MasterCard in 2008 when I needed to get a new washer and dryer. I applied for 6-month no-interest financing and was approved. I was able to pay off my balance in 4 months and during that time period I received several $5 gift certificates on top of the rewards I earned for my initial purchase. After I paid off my balance I let the card sit for several months and out of no where they increased my credit limit. I received 2 more credit limit increases during my first 16 months. Despite the increased limit I only use this card maybe once a year because I have other cards that provide cash back and not store credit at a similar percentage. There are rare occasions where they offer 10% back on all purchases, which is great, but it doesn't happen very often and it's never when I truly need it. I will continue to keep this credit card open because it doesn't have an annual fee, but it will remain in my wallet until a deal comes along.

Do not get this card.

from Kansas

Comments about HSBC Bank - Best Buy Reward Zone MasterCard:

I originally got the HSBC Best Buy Reward Zone Master Card just for the Best Buy benefits. I am really into electronics and I love Best Buy, so I figured why not get this card and use those rewards toward my Best Buy purchases. My plan was to pay off my balance in full each month, which I did. There was one month where they claimed I did not make a payment. I indeed did make a payment and had proof, but they continued to tell me I missed a payment. After 2 weeks of debate they finally accepted my proof of payment and sent me confirmation that I did indeed pay. However, they then deactivated my card! I tried to contact customer support and get an answer but they had no answer for me. They simply transferred me to someone else or hung up on me. I have no idea why they deactivated my card. They were the ones who made an error with my payment and they then sided with me. HSBC makes absolutely no sense.

Customer Service
It is nearly impossible to understand the customer service representatives. I know a lot of company use employees in other countries but this was just ridiculous. They would get flustered with me because I could not understand them and simply hang up on me or if I was lucky, just transfer me to someone else. It was always a hassle to have to call them for anything!

Available Rates
Low lines of credit with EXTREMELY high interest rates.

frustrating at times

Comments about HSBC Bank - Best Buy Reward Zone MasterCard:

This was a pretty easy card to apply for and get approved for. I have had it almost 10 years now, and have purchased laptops and cameras on a regular basis. Recently however, not only did Best Buy's website changed, but the card account changed owners so now there is a completely new system and brand new accounts to create and maintain. What a mess. It made it very difficult to keep track of my account and I ended up missing my promotional period on my last purchase so I now have to pay back interest. very disappointing.

Customer Service
I have had to call a few times, and just to set up my automatic payments was a nightmare. It took me three tries just to get connected to the correct person. I am not sure if the people I spoke to just didn't know what they were doing of if they hung up on purpose but they couldn't even transfer me to the correct department.

Available Rates
This is a credit card, of course the rates suck. If you spend so much (depends on the promotion) you can get interest free for so many months, but you had better get that paid off because you will pay through the nose if you don't.

Good Rewards, but not a fan of HSBC

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about HSBC Bank - Best Buy Reward Zone MasterCard:

I am a loyal shopper to Best Buy and have been a rewards zone member for many years. I was in the market to purchase a new washing machine and was looking at Best Buy. The customer service representative told me about the reward zone MasterCard and that I would earn more points than just having the regular reward zone card. It looked like a good program from the outside, so I applied and was approved. I used the card for the washing machine and had every intention of paying it off at the end of the month when my statement came.
I did not receive a card in the mail and by the time I received the statement, my payment was already past due. I am not sure if it was the mail, however I found it odd that I never even received the card in the mail either. I called HSBC and was told there was nothing they could do, I did not pay by the due date, and was assessed a 39.00 late fee. They were rude and unwilling to listen.
I paid the balance off and closed the card.

Average customer service

Comments about HSBC Bank - Best Buy Reward Zone MasterCard:

I initially opened the HSBC Bank - Best Buy Reward Zone MasterCard when I purchased a flat screen television for my home. I liked that interest was deferred for 18 months from the date of my purchase. It was a fairly easy process to open this credit card but I came across a couple of obstacles when trying to set up my monthly payments. First, my promotion was not applied correctly to my purchase. It took several calls to customer service to get the promotion applied to my credit card and several billing cycles for it to show up correctly. Interest was initially applied to the purchase and then was taken off after the promotion was applied. I found that it was difficult to get through to a customer service representative. When I was finally successful, I still needed to be transferred several times before I found someone who could help me with the promotional issue. Once the issue was resolved, everything went smoothly. I recommend this credit card but encourage other consumers to read their statement very carefully to make sure everything is applied in the correct manner.

• Available Rates:

Nice perks but low credit lines and high interest rates

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about HSBC Bank - Best Buy Reward Zone MasterCard:

I love Best Buy and I love shopping for new electronics. This was my primary reason behind signing up for the Reward Zone MasterCard. I knew that the card gives reward points for using it on purchases at Best Buy. I was planning to purchase a new camera and a new printer. I also purchase printer ink and video games at Best Buy frequently. With all these purchases, I knew that I would accumulate rewards quickly and that this would in turn give me discounts at Best Buy. I was very excited to apply for this card. At the time I applied for this card, my credit was decent. I qualified for no annual fee, although I know that some cardholders qualify for cards that do charge an annual fee. I also qualified for a credit line of $500. This was somewhat disappointing to me since I had 3 other credit cards with much higher limits that were in good standing. I knew that I would get a credit line increase in time. I began using my new card right away and started earning reward points. In no time I had earned $10 in rewards. I was not happy with the high interest rate, but I guess in order to provide excellent rewards they need to charge higher interest.

Not the Best card.

Comments about HSBC Bank - Best Buy Reward Zone MasterCard:

This card is offered by HSBC, (Now offered by citibank, who is better) and let me tell you they are one of the worst rip off high interest rate banks out there.

I had this card for a total of 3months. The reward part is great. You can rack up points with purchases from any place that accepts visa to earn best buy rewards redeemable for best buy gift cards. I opened the account bought a tv and paid it off quickly. I didnt use the card for 2 months and was planning to start again. Guess what? I got a letter in the mailing saying your account was closed for security purposes of inactivity? I didn't even get a warning letter. I mean what kind of backwards stuff is that. The interest rate was through the roof of 24% so of course i was gonna be choosey.

You can do better with a different card. beware of the retail store trying to get you to sign up

customer service was decent. Not letting me know to use my card why it gets a 5

Available Rates
24% and default to 29%. dont miss a payment. This interest rate is way to high.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Comments about HSBC Bank - Best Buy Reward Zone MasterCard:

Worst company ever, payments take 10+ days to process, customer service is in INDIA (and they dont pay well because the workers all sound TERRIBLE) I have 10+ cards and this is by far the worst one available. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!

They dont speak English

They will rip you off

BEST BUY CREDIT CARD C. S. WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH AGAIN

from Rogers, AR

Comments about HSBC Bank - Best Buy Reward Zone MasterCard:

My husband & I bought a TV, refrigerator, dvd player,washer & dryer. we financed with 0% interest for 2yrs. we were unable to pay off in 2 yrs & they charged us double. after paying for 3 yrs we still owed as much as when we started.
we called them to get a pay off and the 1st C.S. person we talked to ended up hanging up on my husband while trying to transfer him to someone else. The second one we talked to, talked to her supervisor & said they could knock off $293.00. from $4297.00 we still owed after 3 yrs.of paying. we deducted that amount & paid the $4004.00 in full same day. My husband called back a week later to check the balance and it said we still owed the $293.00 plus they had add $80.00 on to it. so we called and talked to another (#3) C.S. person and she said they never agreed to that and that we still owed $380.00. He asked to talk to a supervisor. She came on the phone & told him there was nothing she could do & that we had to still pay that amount $380.00. He asked to talk to her supervisor & she refused to let him talk to anyone else. Would never recommend this to anyone.

HSBC - Reward Zone Mastercard SUCKS!!

from Horsham, PA

Comments about HSBC Bank - Best Buy Reward Zone MasterCard:

Same story here. I got the card about 2 years ago. The limit went from $500 to $950. I was never late and now my interest is up to 21% for no reason. I called to get it reduced but they say can't do anything. My credit is good too. They said they sent a notice in December regarding a change that I had to sign to get a lower rate. I have no idea what they are talking about. So the card sits with a $0 balance until they can give me a fair interest rate. HSBC is a joke.