View more all in one printers

3.8

HP Photosmart Premium TouchSmart Web All-In-One Printer

3.8

Pros

Cons

Excellent photo printer and scanner!

I bought this printer on the recommendation of a friend.  I print a lot of photos and I like that this printer uses archival ink and prints photos up to an 8x10 with lab quality.  The cons are that it takes six different ink cartridges and the cartridges are small, so they need to be changed frequently.  The scanner is excellent and I am able to scan pictures and documents in excellent quality.  I think that the printer and scanner are pretty easy-to-use, as I am not a computer genius and I was able to figure it out.  It also has wireless capability so if you have a computer with wireless capability, you don't have to have a bunch of wires running between the computer and printer and can even print from a different room.  My only complaint is that it has been very difficult trying to figure out the fax machine aspect of the printer.  I'm not sure if this is a problem with the printer, my network or computer, or just my own technilogical ignorance.

for scanning avoid this product!

The scanning quality is good, but just getting the job done takes an extraordinary amount of time!  In my view, the whole purpose of a scanner is to make things more expedient and overall, easier.  The software HP has developed to go along with this scanner completely stops that from occurring.  While my PC is not the greatest among them, it is totally adequate and well-enough maintained to run software far more demanding that HP's.  First, it takes forever to load and is inconsistent in the way it loads.  I have found that in order to scan something, I have not been able to follow one set of directions.  I have had to be creative in the way I go about it.  On some days, pressing 'Scan' on the machine itself will work.  On other days, that fails and I must open the software, manually click all the appropriate keys to tell the SOFTware to begin the scan.  Even other days, neither of those things work, and I have to search for Microsoft's "Scanner and Camera Wizard" and run through a lame wizard to get a easy, low pixel document scanned.   Why should I have to go through 3 different methods and often 5-20 keystrokes to scan something?

And guess what, folks?  That is only the beginning.  Once you tell the thing to begin the scanning process, the process has just gotten started.  You might already have spent 5 minutes , but expect to spend 5 more.  The software requires you to preview and accept the scan, and depending on the speed of your system this might be a lengthy process.

In short, If you want something easy and quick to go paperless, do not choose this product!

Ink is expensive, too.  But on the good side, it was really cheap.  HP will also provide limited support within a limited amout of time after you purchased the product.  That is a nice feature.

Ink HOG

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about HP Photosmart Premium TouchSmart Web All-In-One Printer:

This printer uses a ton of ink. My old HP ink would last me a year. This one about two months if I'm lucky.

This does not give me fits. It usually works very well, and prints pretty fast. There is no tray though to catch the prints so if you don't watch it you will have paper all over the floor.

Copy Quality
The copies are clear and concise. It does print beautiful photos, and they look good even on regular paper. The scanner is easy to use, and works well.

Ink/Paper Use
Uses a ton of ink! My old HP I replaced the ink about once a year, with this one, it's about every two to three months. Ridiculous, expecially with the cost of the ink.

Pretty easy to use, although there is an issue with the wireless capability of this. I don't use that feature so it's fine for me

Have had this printer about three years now. Have had issues occasionally but nothing major.

The design of this is ok. I am not crazy about it, but I was used to my old printer and that's probably the difference.

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

Hp Photosmart Premium Touchsmart review

from Dearborn, MI

Comments about HP Photosmart Premium TouchSmart Web All-In-One Printer:

Ive had this printer for about 3 months and I can say that its a pretty good printer. The only downside is that the ink wastes faster than I had expected so far Ive gone through black ink cartridges( including the setup that came with the printer). It doesn't jam which i really liked and the printing speed was noticably fast. I also like the several apps that you can have on there like coupons.com, Nick.com, etc. It's very convenient especially if you have your computer off and want easy fast access to these websites.

HP Photosmart Premium

from Lacey, WA

Comments about HP Photosmart Premium TouchSmart Web All-In-One Printer:

We purchased this printer to replace a very simple inkjet printer that we had for several years. I had no idea the insane differences I was about to find between the two printers. This printer has online access without being connected to a computer. This is awesome because you can connect directly to snapfish or mapquest to print without logging on to your computer as well. The wireless capabilities are awesome. I love being able to sit on my couch and print in my office. I have never used a scanner before and the first time I used this one was a breeze. I was able to choose which computer to scan to (mine or my husbands), whether to scan to email or to pdf all within 3 minutes of opening the printer. I am not very technologically savvy and this printer isn't difficult to use. It is very fast and prints crystal clear photos. I have a DSLR camera and still love the quality of prints that I get at home. This printer was an excellent investment and has made my graduate school work easy even while overseas.

Hold on if your thinking of buying this one.

from Commiskey, IN

Comments about HP Photosmart Premium TouchSmart Web All-In-One Printer:

I was super excited to get this printer at Christmas, my excitement has turned to frustration and annoyance!  First its not easy to set up and required 4 kid-free hours to get it up and on.  Then had issues with paper alignment.  The wifi connection is iffy at best and has to reconnected time and time again.  And the ink!!  Oh my the ink.  This printer is an ink hog, it drinks it like its tap water!  This is partly due to the fact that the cartiages have to be cleaned just prior to any print job and of course to clean them they use even more ink.  The replacement cartiages are pricey to boot.

It does print very nice pictures when you can get the ink to work properly, although I truelly believe that its cheaper and just as easy to print them at the local drug store.  And I have yet to the get the send a picture to it remotely to work properly.

I do like the touch screen and have not had issues getting that to work, which is great since thats how you tell it to clean the ink cartiages!

HP Photosmart Premium Touchsmart Printer is amazing!

from Aurora, IN

Comments about HP Photosmart Premium TouchSmart Web All-In-One Printer:

The Hewlett Packard Photosmart Premium C309n TouchSmart Printer offers all you want in a printer and more. It not only prints, but can print wirelessly from your computer. It can be connected to a network so everyone in your household can use it, too. The printer produces true to color, excellent photos. Besides printing photos, it can fax, print, or copy. The photos and copies can be made by inserting your memory card or USB drive or scanning an original as well as printing directly from your computer. It also connects directly to Snapfish without a computer.

The most innovative part of this printer is that it connects directly to the web by choosing apps. The apps range from recipes, coupons, USA Today, Disney family, Snapfish, MSNBC, maps, paper cards and crafts, coloring pages, and more. You cannot access an entire website, but you have access to certain items, subjects, and top stories. My favorites are coupons, coloring pages, maps, and news stories. HP continues to add apps so there is a large selection to choose from. You can remove or add as you choose.

Although there are 5 cartridges to replace (4 of them are photo cartridges), you have several options to select for printing in order to save ink and an XL cartridge is available for the black text cartridge.

Probably the neatest printer I've owned

from West Monroe, LA

Comments about HP Photosmart Premium TouchSmart Web All-In-One Printer:

Before I buy anything, I research it online for all of the pros and cons. I didn't find any cons on this one & I liked the way it looked and the things it did. I'm not disappointed with it. I especially like the way it prints photos so easily on 4x6 paper. It's always ready to go. I have used HP products for years and I like them. They always make quality printers & computers.

HP Photosmart is a Smart Choice - But Not A Cheap One

from Honolulu, HI

Comments about HP Photosmart Premium TouchSmart Web All-In-One Printer:

I got this printer about 6 months ago, and it's great.  It's the first wireless printer I've had, so that feature is new to me, but I love it.  The touch screen is great.  You can go to all sorts of websites without even turning the computer on.  My personal favorite is the Coupons.com website, which I always go to right before a shopping trip.  There is also a Disney site with all sorts of printables for the little ones, again right from the printer.  If it weren't for that, I would have to go to the website, search around and click on all sorts of links before I found the coloring page or maze they want.  The big downside of this printer is the cost of the ink.  The cost of the ink for this printer is more than the cost of some printers.  So, be wary.  It's a great printer as far as quality, functionality and convenience.  But you will cringe the first time you have to go to the store to buy ink.

Always showing as disconnected

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about HP Photosmart Premium TouchSmart Web All-In-One Printer:

PROS:1) Five Individual cartidges (Black, Three Color, Photo Black).2) Easy refill cartidges.3) Print and Scan wirelessly.4) Auto-Document Feeder5) Scan files save as PDF

CONS:1) Inks run out very fast, especially color ink.2) Ink level is not accurate, shows low ink warning when it reaches 30%.3) CD cover printing is not aligning with the tray.4) Always showing as disconnected if you want to connect it wirelessly. Requires couple reboot of the printer and the wireless router.5) You need to disable the bluetooth every time you turn on to conserve power.

Bottom Lines:If you plan to use original HP inks for this printer, it will cost you a lot of money. Although each individual cartidge is cheap, it only last for one to two hundred pages.

What a printer!

from Coweta, OK

Comments about HP Photosmart Premium TouchSmart Web All-In-One Printer:

My sister and I both received this printer for Christmas. While hers was defective out of the box (it would not shut off and then just flat would not print), mine has been amazing! I had wanted a wireless printer for a while but also wanted one that could connect to my desktop computer. I had pretty well decided I did not want to mess with wireless and would just go for a regular hardwired printer with a scanner and copier. This printer blew me away with all of its features. Not only did it have a scanner and copier, it was also wireless and could connect to my desktop at the same time. Setting the printer up took some time and was actually quite frustrating. However, once I got it all hooked up, the use was flawless. I have an average size two story home. The printer is upstairs and I frequently am working on the laptop downstairs. I LOVE that when I need to print something all i have to do is click print and when I walk upstairs the document will be waiting for me. The scan feature on this printer is also much better than the Lexmark it replaced. Documents scan quickly and accurately. Quality is wonderful.

Few minor issues...but LOVE this printer

from Carlisle, AR

Comments about HP Photosmart Premium TouchSmart Web All-In-One Printer:

I bought this printer shortly after it arrived at Sam's. From the day I bought it, I have been very happy with this printer. It has been the best printer I have ever used. We have 3 computers and 2 of them access the printer wirelessly. In the past, I would have to save the information from one computer to another to print, but now I just use the print button on the computer I am using. I have used the printer to print pictures, CDs, as well as regular documents. I have a CD/DVD duplication business and when my mass producer is not available, I use this one to print directly on to CDs and DVDs and the quality is comparable to my mass producer. I also use this printer to print jcards for my duplication business with awesome results. I love scanning my receipts directly to a jump drive without having to go through my computer. I have also used the scanner to copy pictures and the quality matches that of commercial scanners you find in the store. I have had to reset the computer or printer a few times, but the few problems I have had are out-weighed by the huge success!