3.8
HP
HP - Photosmart E317 Digital Camera

HP - Photosmart E317 Digital Camera

3.8

Great value for the price. Loved this camera.

I owned this camera up until recently. I loved it. It fell out of my pocket and got ran over by a car. Needless to say it didn't survive, but my SD card did. I was just glad to save my SD card they are so expensive. I had this camera for several years and I loved it, my husband and kids dropped it several times and it still worked like a charm. My husband is a carpenter and took pictures of his work, he couldn't believe the detail it captured. Great value for the price.

I wouldn't reccomend this to anyone!

My husband got me my first digital camera about 1 year ago. I was so excited to get it! But i wouldn't reccomend this camera to anyone! First off, when you zoom in, it isn't clear, it's blurry. When you open it you have to slide it, and it get's worn out so it fell off...that's to turn it on! so my husband had to screw it back on. the end of the rd for it was when the battery cover just fell off. It wouldn't hold my batteries anymore! so unfortunately I had to throw it away. I hated it becasue it just wasn't worth the good money I paid for it.

I wouldn't reccomend it.

excellent buy and great quality for the price

from Cabins, WV

Comments about HP - Photosmart E317 Digital Camera:

This camera is 5 MP and easily fits in a coat pocket for the unexpected photo op.  I have made 8x10 enlargements with outstanding quality and enjoy the ease of operation.  The zoom and other features are just right for the amatuer photographer.  This is an excellent choice for a first time digital buyer.

Great camera for first time users.

from Pinckneyville, IL

Comments about HP - Photosmart E317 Digital Camera:

I have had this camera for almost 2 years.  I am an avid scrap booker.  This is a great camera for the money.  It will not take far pictures and red eye is pretty bad with it even though it has a red eye setting.  Camera is easy to use.  It's great for still pictures, not for sports.  It does have a self timer.  I would recommend this camera for a starter, but not for someone who wants action photos.

Great camera for everyday use!

from Little Rock, AR

Comments about HP - Photosmart E317 Digital Camera:

I received this camera as a Christmas present a couple of years ago.  It is by far the best little digital camera I have seen.  Several friends have high mp cameras or extra lenses, etc. but their pictures can't compare to the ones taken with this camera.  I've even been asked if a few of the pictures I've had developed were taken by a professional photographer.  That's amazing to me since I've never had photography lessons and just love to snap away.  :)

Powerful

from Sulligent, AL

Comments about HP - Photosmart E317 Digital Camera:

I think HP finally got something right. I usualluy do not like HP products in general, but I am impressed with this little camera. It makes great pictures and is so easy to use. Not to mention the price is very good. It makes taking pictures come alive in a whole new meaning.

Good pictures and not complicated to use!

from Concord, NC

Comments about HP - Photosmart E317 Digital Camera:

Nothing complicated with the HP Photosmart E317.  It is easy to use and takes good pictures.  It has 5 shooting settings, 5 image quality settings, date/time imprint settings, plus more.  I recommend purchasing rechargeable batteries with a battery charger, extra batteries for back-up and at least a 256 MB memory card.

Nice camera and affordable

from Portland, OR

Comments about HP - Photosmart E317 Digital Camera:

This camera is great and produces quality pictures. The only bad thing is that I always have to replace the batteries. Also my battery cover broke so I have to place a new strip of tape over it everytime the battery dies. Overall, it's a great deal.

The Photosmart E317 produces sharp pictures.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about HP - Photosmart E317 Digital Camera:

I like the Photosmart E317 because it is easy to handle, has a zoom feature, and video capability. I use it all of the time to take pictures, upload them to my computer, and then send to friends. Only negative is that it doesn't store a lot of photos - maybe 18 maximum.

I wouldn't reccomend this to anyone!

from Fillmore, IN

I wouldn't reccomend it.

Cheap and obsolete before it's time.

from Van Wert, OH

Comments about HP - Photosmart E317 Digital Camera:

This camera was a BIG disappointment for me. HP only offers 90 warranty on their camera's and that is about the life of this. Contacted them, but no luck in getting anything done about defective camera. I now shop for camera's and other products that stand behind there products and offer at least a year's warranty. HP is not at the top of my list! Don't even have faith in there own products to offer a life expectancy of over 90 day's. Lasted about 100 days.

Great value for the price. Loved this camera.

from Raysal, WV