View more all in one printers

Other All-In-One Printers:
HP
C6180
HP Photosmart All-In-One Printer

HP Photosmart All-In-One Printer

I found my dream printer

It is so wonderful when I am able to find a computer device, as wonderful as this HP Photosmart C6180.

Now a days, being that computer prices have goten so much less expensive than even two years ago.  Since most families from what I heard from someone is that it comes to an average of 2.5 computers per household.

Personally, I have 5 computers, and they are not all in the same room.  Does this mean that I have to have 5 printers to be able to take care of all my printing needs, The answer with this multi-function printer is no.

I am able to connect this printer to computers the following ways:

1.  USB

2.  Ethernet

3.  802.11_ known to most people as wireless.

Personally, I use the USB connection to the computer that the printer sits next to, but I use it wireless to the remainder of computers that I own.

As I stated earlier, this multi--function printer also is able to print by ethernet connection to your roughter.  I have never used this connection method.  This from what I have heard, but have not tried,  What I was told, is that is wonderful when you have computers that are not wireless, but still networked together (set so all computers can share proograms, data, and much more), as well as to be able to use one internet service simultaniously at the same time.

Besides the functions for sharing this printer with other computers, there are other features that I love, here are a few

1.  I have a scanner built into the printer.  what is beautiful about this scanner, is that I can actually scan from this multi-function printer to any/every computer in my household, yes... yes, I do this wireless.

2.  It has a fax, with this, when I have any document, picture, etcetera that I want to fax to anyone, I am able to have this printer connected to one phone line, and again I am able to fax from any computer.

3.  Memory card - USB memory device, , I am able to go to this printer, and print photos off this printer, and as a matter a fact, to do so, I do not even have to have any of the computers connected, it can do this independently.

4. I am able to take a memory card, and or the USB memory stick and with the memory card, I can scan data to, and I have been told, but I have not tried it my self, I can print pictures directly from the memory card.

5. One problem that I have found way to often when there is one printer cable for black, and another one for colors.  When there is only one color ink cartridge, it has only three colors.  with this, it never fails, even if you only use up one color ink, and no where near the other two colors, you have no other choice but to throw away all the rest of the ink..what a waste.

For scanning, copying,as well as faxing, I can use either the sheet feeder, or the flat tray.

With this printer, including the black ink, there are 6 cartridges.  with this, I am able to get much better colors, and when ever a color runs out, I only have to replace that one cartridge.

With all the wonderful advantages that I have found from this printer, this is one printer that I do not plan on retiring until I am no longer able to get ink cartridges.  for this printer.  I highly dought that that will be in the near future.

This printer works with many operating systems.  Personally, I am using it both with windows XP, as well as with Vista.  When I purchased this printer, there is even the driver disk for the macintosh.

Well, it is obvious from what I have been stating about this multi-function printer that this is defanately a solution for many people.

Absolute rubbish!!!!

I have rued the day I switched from Epson and bought the HP Photosmart C6180. At the time I need an All-in-One and Epson didn't have one. The HP C6180 has been nothing but trouble ever since. I have a home office with 3 Apple computers, as well as 2 PCs, with the C6180 as the network printer.

The C6180 is far from user friendly with unclear instructions from initial installation and set-up to use of the various features. There is even more unclear troubleshooting guidance. Customer support, what's that with HP? I have found the software to be unstable as well with some features working one time but not the next or suddenly packing it in all together. This often means having to uninstall/re-install if you want to get them back. Downloading updates, don't count on it since most updates generally fail.

Network use; fast and easy to set-up a wired network and the network sees and tests the printer and scanner fine. However, when it comes time to print it is hit or miss whether it actually will or not. Same with scanning documents to the computer.

Printing: often times you will find your documents in the print queue, having failed to print, with the printer in idle. Click on stop and then resume, the printer suddenly wakes up and decides to print. Often times it just fails necessitating quitting and restarting before it will print. Double-sided printing - good luck, hit or miss as well.

Quality of printing text leaves a lot to be desired. The text is far from sharp and clear and the ink tends to smear. Same applies to printing colours in text. I found the quality of printed images to be very good but again watch out for damp inks. Make sure you handle all printed pages by their edges when (and BIG if) they actually print and come out of your printer to avoid smudging. I'm not sold on the quality and stability of HP inks either. Even after they are well dry they will sometimes smudge. Final word on inks, this printer drinks them like there was no tomorrow and they aren't cheap so budget accordingly.

I also find the C6180 to be a bit on the noisy side. It seems spend a lot of time whirring to and fro even if not preparing to print. Printer can be switched on and sitting idle when suddenly it starts to whir back and forth for what ever reason who knows. One can only assume some of this involves priming the various inkjets and/or self-test routines. If so that would explain why it goes through ink so fast as well. It also contributes to very slow print times with lots of goings on before the print process actually starts. Sometimes it is so slow I can actually go and make a cup of tea or coffee before it finishes printing out a page, and that's not one with images on it.

Before anyone points a finger at Mac as being the culprit in some of these issues I use a couple of PCs in the office with the C6180 as well and experience the exact same problems. A couple of friends who also have the C6180 report having the exact same problems and a computer engineer friend reports the same from several of his clients.

Bottom line, avoid the HP C6180 at all costs. I can certainly say I will never ever buy another HP printer or product again.

the hp c6180 is sooo easy to use!

from Boise, ID

Comments about HP Photosmart All-In-One Printer:

I have the HP Photosmart c6180 All-in-One for about 3 years and absolutely love it.  It works great and I have never had any problems with it.  It is great for printing pictures.  It has slot for memory sticks, and a seperate tray for four by six paper.  I got the paper for free when I purchased a bundle of ink cartridges.  I also like the fact that you can edit your pictures before you print them.

The fax on it is easy to use.  You just load your document, dial the number and hit the start button.  I didn't at first think I would use the fax that much but I have ended up using it all the time!  It save time and postage.

Another thing that I like about this printer is that it has wireless capabilty.  It makes it possible to only have this one printer for our entire home.  I can print from my desktop, my husband can print from his laptop and the kids can print from their computer.

The only thing that I dislike is the amount of ink cartiges.  But they are fairly inexpensive so that not too bad.

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

An All in One that does it all

from Dayton, OH

Comments about HP Photosmart All-In-One Printer:

If you ever need a printer that does everything a typical home user does this is the printer for you. The printer has an automated document feeder that can be use for scanning or copying. It makes it easy to scan or copy large amount of documents in one sitting. With the six cartridge printing you can get true to life photos. Having the second tray make life simple without having to swap paper out. Photos are true to life and the colors are very vibrant. Having this printer allows you to save space without having to have 2 or 3 differnt units doing the same thing. This printer is now discontinue but its replacement C7280 is just as good and offers more for the same price.

Love This machine, easy Wireless Setup

from Novato, CA

Comments about HP Photosmart All-In-One Printer:

This is a excellent product. Setup was a breeze, either usb, ethernet or wireless. So simple. I'm glad that there's are the photo colors in this machine. No needs to buy a separate photo cartridges.  Enjoys the 4x6 photo tray. Card Reader in the easy to reach area of the printer.Works great with my bluetooth dongle. I prints duplex manuals with this on fast draft, without lost of text quality. The paper tray is great since it's slides out from the bottom of it. When I printed out my first several manual, I think i had to replace the starter way past 500 sheets. Starters only give you about 100 to 150 of prints. I'm thinking about upgrading to the new 7280 AIO, but not till is breaks.

Quality printer that does it all!

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about HP Photosmart All-In-One Printer:

I LOVE this printer! For a home office with next to no space for the many tech objects that are needed, this all in one is the perfect fit! The ability to go wireless is an added bonus that not all printers can boast. It says on the HP website that you need to plug into a wireless router but we've set it up to auto detect the wireless signal and it works seamlessly... The print tray holds 50 sheets with an automated 4x6 photo tray to easily switch from full size prints to the 4x6.My favorite feature, and a MUST have in my opinion, is the six individual HP Vivera Ink Jet Cartridges so you only replace the ones that run out! Great money saving feature!On the downside, I haven't scanned a lot of pictures but it seems as though the scanning is a little on the slow side. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth!

I found my dream printer

from Farmington, MI

I am able to connect this printer to computers the following ways:

1.  USB

2.  Ethernet

3.  802.11_ known to most people as wireless.

just a average printer

from Cumberland, RI

Comments about HP Photosmart All-In-One Printer:

I was looking for a color all in one printer and saw this on sale at office depot.  I bought it after reading several good reviews on viewpoints and other review website.

This printer is a 4 in one printer.  It is a printer, a fax, a scanner and a copier.

This printer comes with various memory card slots and a USB port.  All these are at the front of the printer which is really very convenient.  This printer is wi-fi connected which I think is really useful for everyone in the family to share one printer.  This printer also has a separate photo tray.

I have used the copy function and was satisfied with the print out.  It can copy in color or black and white.  I used the scan function pretty often.  The fax function is a bonus and I am able to set it to receive fax in colors.

Now is the negative review of the printer.  When I turn it on, it takes at least 2 minutes to start up, and produce alot of noise.  The screen will indicate with the following message : Printer preparation occuring, do not interrupt.  And my printer stand will shake violently while it is preparing.

Though the ink comes in individual color, but once you run out of any color ink, the printer will not print just in black and will keep popping up with the message asking you to put in a new color ink.  The ink is not cheap.

I love this printer!

from North Adams, MA

Comments about HP Photosmart All-In-One Printer:

This printer is one of the best christmas presents I have ever recieved. It does EVERYthing I have needed it to do. It prints very fast and the color is great. It goes through ink very fast which is something I think if negative, and it also it negative that the ink is so expensive, I have yet to find it on sale or cheaper. Those two things are the only two negatives I can really think of. Everything else I have done with this printer, it has been very positive. The printer is very easy to use and the manual that comes with it explains every question you have about this printer. The scanner is amazing, it's so easy to use, scans the photos to the computer quickly or even prints them right from scanning them, it also scans to a USB which is my favorite part about this. I would highly reccommend this printer, just be aware of the prices of ink and how fast the printer uses the ink up. Go buy this printer, especially if it's for a gift for someone asking for a printer. It's a great choice!

Great All-in-one Printer!

from Saint Augustine, FL

Comments about HP Photosmart All-In-One Printer:

I love my HP Photosmart C6180! I have had this product for almost three years now and I still use it everyday and love everything about it! The picture quality on the HP Photosmart C6180 is excellent, the scanner is so clear, and the copier and fax are easy to use! The best thing about this printer is, even though it takes several ink cartrides, they come in a bundle and are nowhere near as costly as other ink cartridges and toners! They last a long time, even for me, and I print lots of pictures of my kids! I had a little bit of a difficult time getting the printer installed on my computer and printing correctly. ALl I had to do was call Hewlett Packard's technical support and they helped me out! I would definitely recommend this printer/fax/copier/scanner! It's a terrific all-in-one for someone who just wants to do the basics like print pictures, send faxes and scan old photos/documents like most people!

perfection!

from Bay City, MI

Comments about HP Photosmart All-In-One Printer:

I purchased this printer two months ago, by the second day I was printing beautiful photos from my camera!! The fax feature is simple to use, the colors are brilliant, it answers my phone, burns DVD's and tells me step-by-step, how to use each feature!! I am so techno-cahllenged, but did it!!

HP Photosmart C8100 All in One Series does the work for you

from Oakdale, TN

Comments about HP Photosmart All-In-One Printer:

My HP Photosmart C8100 All in One Series does the work for me which is why I chose to go with this model. I am a scrapbook junkie and it enables me to print duplicates of funny pictures, as well as, has a label maker, library, touch screen, and reminds me when to put in paper or add ink. I am able to scan and copy important documents which saves me time from running around to find a copy machine. I got remarried several months ago and saved money by printing my own invitations, programs, pictures, party favors, banners, menu, reception and music programs, etc. It also offers online support, Lightscribe CD/DVD drive, Ethernet and USB port, view, select and print photos from the touch screen and never have to turn on your computer. I am in love with my Hp Photosmart C8100 All in One series and ould never find a better replacement, nor would I ever be inclined to. As a mother of five children, I love the lack of effort I have to put in to saving my memories for a lifetime! You should run out an purchase one yourself!