View more inkjet printers

Q8421A
HP Photosmart 5460 InkJet Printer

HP Photosmart 5460 InkJet Printer

3.7

The HP Photosmart D5460 prints awesome photos.

Over the Christmas holidays my Epson C82 crapped out and I had to buy a new printer. I ended up buying an HP photo Smart D5460. this printer wasn't a huge step, it's a relatively cheap printer. There was an improvement and printing speed over the Epson. The print quality is about the same. it does have a unique features that the Epson did not have such as a paper holder for 5 x 7 and 4 x 6 photo paper. And it will print on CDs and DVDs which are made for printers. It also has multiple card slots which allow you to load your card from your camera and print directly without going through a computer. It has a very small LCD screen where instructions are displayed.One thing I don't like about it is the fact that there are no aftermarket inks available for it yet. It does have individual ink cartridges which is a good thing, and they are relatively inexpensive as far as print cartridges go but still cost a lot of money. It would be nice to have an aftermarket choice.I don't like the printer interface as well as I did the one that came with the Epson. And the print previews are absolutely archaic.The colors are great and the printing speed is fast. Overall I would have to give this printer at a fairly high rating.One day I hope to have a Epson professional model printer, until then this will be sufficient.

good but some troubles

We got this printer about two years ago. We wanted something that would do all the things this one does: print, scan, fax and copy. We had some issue with it only a few months after purchasing, cannot remember now, but HP did send us a new one and we sent this one back. We have always had trouble with getting the wireless to stay working. We have to constantly reinstall the software and pair it up with the wireless again and again. We took the ink cartridges in to be refilled, since buying new ones is so expensive. When the ink gets low, the printer comes with an error message saying that the ink is low and to replace. It then shows a picture of the ink getting lower and lower. Once the picture shows NO ink, the refills will no longer work. The way to fix this is to disable all connections to the printer and the computer which means you cannot scan, fax or copy. It also does not do these functions with Linux.

Ink Hog

from Saint Marys, WV

Comments about HP Photosmart 5460 InkJet Printer:

I need to say right off the bat that I did not buy this printer. It was sent to me as a replacement to a printer that I had under warranty, which is a whole other can of worms. But that being said it is a good printer if you are going to be printing your own pictures. You can plug your camera memory card right in to the printer and printer from there without a computer. The drawbacks are that you have to buy each individual ink cartridge separately; yellow, magenta, cyan, black, and then photo black. That can get very expensive. I print alot of other things with it and not any pictures and the cartridges do NOT last very long. Another thing that I don't like is that when the ink level gets down to a certain point it just won't print anymore at all. Sometimes I don't need the best looking paper but you can't use all the ink cause it will just stop. I would not recommend this computer to anyone.

The hewlett packard printer is easy to operate.

from Denison, TX

Comments about HP Photosmart 5460 InkJet Printer:

The Hewlet packard office jet J 4680 is a good printer and is easy to operate.  It seems to be more use less ink than our previous printer and is more reliable.  We have not had any problems with the paper jamming.  I would recommend this printer to my friends.

It's a great printer.

from Kingsland, GA

Comments about HP Photosmart 5460 InkJet Printer:

This is a great printer. Very easy to set up.I really lie the fact that it's also a wireless printer. The only problem is that the ink cartridges a so expensive, and you can't refill them. You'll going to spend more for the cartridges in one year than what you paid for the printer.

The HP Officejet J4680 can be depended upon for daily use.

from Seattle, WA

Comments about HP Photosmart 5460 InkJet Printer:

The HP Officejet J4680 works great for daily small print jobs.  As a working mom of 4 who only uses a laptop, I like the wireless capability so I don't have to attach my laptop to the device.  I can find coupons and freebies at websites while I'm waiting for kids at their various activities, send them to print, and when I turn on my computer when I get home, everything magically prints!  It has made my life a bit easier.

The print quality has been excellent and the ink seems to last a good amount of time and is not expensive.  I saved money by buying the XL ink cartridge and I like having that option.  The printer was comparatively inexpensive, so I thought the ink might be expensive, but this isn't the case.

Installation software came with the printer and it was a breeze, I was printing immediately, as soon as my wireless router cooperated!  I would recommend this printer for those busy Moms who want to save money by printing coupons and specials.  The codes on the coupons are distinct and have no trouble at the store.

Temperamental at times.

from Cocoa Beach, FL

Comments about HP Photosmart 5460 InkJet Printer:

This an all in one, printer, copier, scanner and fax machine.

Overall it works and does what I ask of it, however every now and again it messes with me.

It loses the printer, - the network connections, goes offline.

We have a love hate relationship. We have now become well acquainted and I can tell it who is boss, I will win.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the software is a pain and time consuming.

I just upgraded to Windows 7, therefore I had to go in search of updated drivers etc, it has a few gliches with 7, but overall it works.

I use it wireless and has a good range.

If you want a basic all in one, this will do, looking for more sophistication or complex tasks then look at other products.

good but some troubles

from Placerville, CA

hewlett packard officejet j4680 inkjet printer is an okay printe

from Provo, UT

Comments about HP Photosmart 5460 InkJet Printer:

This printer is of fairly good quality. It copies in color as well as in black and white. It has a scanner and fax. The quality of what is printed is good and can be altered depeneding on how much you care about what is being printed. The speed at which it prints is also alterable which can be convienant when in a rush. Comes with a great software that provides help if a problem occurs and an easy to follow installation manual. Overall it is a fairly good printer to get

Pass on this one!

from Denver, CO

Comments about HP Photosmart 5460 InkJet Printer:

I am extremely disappointed with this printer. My main reason for purchasing it was the wireless capability, but was unable to get the wireless function to work. Although I cannot rule out user error 100%, I did get a computer engineer to help and he was also unable to solve the problem.  The software installation is also extremely frustrating, as it took me several attempts to get the install of the the printer completed using a USB connection.

I have since upgraded to a new printer and the difference is noght and day.  Some other problems I encountered before finlly calling it quits.....the paper feed wheels made a horrible squeeking sounds after only a couple pages of feed and never stopped.  The ink was cheap and would run with just the thought of humidity!  Overall, this might LOOK like a nice unit, but I would save your money and miss out on my frustrations by finding a different printer all together

I love the wireless experience.

from Tampa, FL

Comments about HP Photosmart 5460 InkJet Printer:

I am so happy that they came out with wireless printers.  I have been wireless on the computer for a long time and always had to connect to my printer to print.  Now I dont have to connect, I just print and go.  This is a life saver.  I love it.

The HP Photosmart D5460 prints awesome photos.

from Greer, SC