View more inkjet printers
Other Inkjet Printers:
HP PhotoSmart Printer

HP PhotoSmart Printer

Mostly satisfied with this printer.

from Saint Peters, MO

Comments about HP PhotoSmart Printer:

I purchased this printer a couple of years ago, and I have been basically pleased with my purchase.  The print quality for both everyday and photo printing is excellent.  HP has always been a trusted brand for me, which was a major decision factor when I purchased it.  I did have one mechanical malfunction only a couple months after getting it, but HP customer support promptly replaced it since it was still under warranty.  I like that the printer has separate print cartridges for each color.  This seems to eliminate the need to replace color ink cartridges just because one color has run out.  The individual ink cartridges are reasonably priced, and they even recently came out with the 2X size cartridges with more ink per cartridge.  I do have a couple of areas of frustration associated with this model, though.  The type of ink it uses seems to run and smear terribly when exposed to even a very tiny amount of water or moisture.  Additionally, the "Smart" feature can create headaches when you are trying to print on something other than plain paper.  It often gives me error messages for using the wrong type or size of paper.