Other Laptops:

HP Pavillon g7 -110us Notebook

Pros

Cons

Sturdy Laptop

Have taken this laptop all over the world, from China and back. It is a sturdy computer. It is easy to use and has all the space needed. Have never had a problem with the fan, which has been a problem with other HPs that we have owned. The only knock I would say is battery life. Have had it for almost 3 years now though and still get about 1 hour of battery life before having to plug back in.
Another thing that I really like about the laptop is the size. It is not to big, yet not to small. When watching movies and TV shows on it, the screen is very clear and the speeds are great. It does not weigh very much for a laptop of its generation. While you can definitely find a lighter laptop it is not that heavy at all.

Super easy Windows 7 system.

Battery Life
It has progressively decreased as usual, but it was never that long.

Speed/Performance
Still runs plenty fast. Can have multiple windows/ programs and webpages/ tabs open all at the same time before there is any notice of slowing down.

sleek and rather light for its generation.

Have never dropped it, but have carried it on planes, trains and automobiles around the world.

Worst laptop I've ever owned.

I have had nothing but problems with my HP Pavilion. It has the worst and I do mean the worst battery life. It does not hold a charge; I even had bought a new battery, this did nothing. The worst part is, the keypad shorted out and no longer works. I sent it back to be fixed and it was returned in worse shape than when it left. I would never buy this laptop again. What good does a laptop that cannot type or even stay on do for someone. So to make it work, I had to buy a wireless keyboard, and most recently my mouse pad has shorted out and no longer works. This laptop would be great if it was not for all of the mechanical flaws because it does have a nice sleek look and design.

Not a bad Laptop for the price

Comments about HP Pavillon g7 -110us Notebook:

This laptop is not bad, considering it is within a reasonable price range. It's simple and convenient. The charge stays for quite a while, the keyboard is smooth and easy to type on, the graphics card is pretty nice considering it isn't advertised as one with a great graphics card.
The only thing I have a problem with is how it sometimes runs rather slow, especially when switching from one user to another. It also has a very touchy touch pad, in that if you barely slide your fingers over it, it registers that you are attempting to get to the "Start" screen where your apps are. This is frustrating when you are in the middle of something.
Other than that, I have to say this laptop will do basically all that a person could want it to do as long as you are not an intensive gamer.

Even after spilling soda on this laptop a few times, it works just fine. We just shut it off manually and flipped it upside down, then wiped out the remaining liquid after a few hours. The keyboard isn't even sticky

• Speed/Performance:

A great laptop for school work with a fast processor.

Comments about HP Pavillon g7 -110us Notebook:

It's a great laptop. It's fast, easy to use, and very durable. I've had mine for a year and a half and haven't had any major trouble with it. The only major issue I have with it is that the battery only lasts for about three hours. Also, I don't like the size and weight. It is a bit bulky to carry around to my classes so I really only use it in my dorm room.

Battery Life
The battery only lasts about three hours without being plugged in. This is a pain if you want to use it for class and you have four straight hours of class on three days of the week. It's just not convenient.

Great Notebook.

Comments about HP Pavillon g7 -110us Notebook:

I have had mine for about two years and have no big complaints about it.

Battery Life
Since I mostly keep it home I usually keep it plugged to the charger, However, when I brought it along on vacation, after about an hour it was had almost 50% of its battery life. I did not use it constantly during that time, just the occasional email check. It does not take too long to recharge it though, but I prefer not to go back and forth plugging it in and taking it out.

Support & Service
At first there were some errors, but once I got in touch with the support service they were very kind, patient, and helpful.

Speed/Performance
It is very reliable in speed and performance. The speed is quick and only on very rare occasions has it been very slow.

It seems heavier than I expected but not a huge bother. I feel like the keyboard portion has the mouse plug-in is too close to the USB plug-in since my USBs are medium sized. Otherwise everything is perfect.

I Cannot Live Without It and I Use It Every Day

Comments about HP Pavillon g7 -110us Notebook:

Every morning when I get up I turn on the computer first thing. It stays on for most of the day and I use it for browsing the internet, email, social gaming, and connecting to my server at the office. At night I use it to watch television programs and movies and the last thing I do before I go to bed is put the computer to sleep. This computer has literally been my sidekick since I bought it and I've used it a lot. The cover became scratched up pretty easily and I have thought many times about looking for a durable replacement cover (if that is even possible) but I figure right now it isn't worth messing with. I do love this model, don't get me wrong, but I had to have the hard drive replaced within the first year. It kept crashing on me and HP worked with me to figure out what was wrong, although it took months of shipping the computer back and forth before they finally were willing to admit the hard drive needed to be replaced.

Simplicity

Comments about HP Pavillon g7 -110us Notebook:

The use of an HP laptop is insanly easy. Easy to do anything you want to do on it. If you are good with working with your hands and smal parts, its a very easy computer to make repairs on. Definitely would recommend this laptop to anyone that is searching for a new one!!

• Speed/Performance:

This notebook is fun and easy to use.

Comments about HP Pavillon g7 -110us Notebook:

No complaints really, I've had a very good experience with this notebook. I also found it to be reasonably priced as well.

I fined that the Pavilion g7 is a very user friendly product.

Battery Life
I fine the battery life to be only fair. Actually, I leave it plugged in on my desk most of the time. If I do take it with me it seems to run down fairly quickly.

Support & Service
I find HP to be a trusted and reliable company to deal with.

Speed/Performance
I have high speed internet service and the notebook keeps up just fine. It preforms as well if not better than the notebooks/laptops I've used in the past.

Slim, lightweight, a clean professional look about it.

So far I've never had an issue with the screen, mouse, or keyboard.

Sturdy Laptop

Comments about HP Pavillon g7 -110us Notebook:

Super easy Windows 7 system.

Battery Life
It has progressively decreased as usual, but it was never that long.

Speed/Performance

sleek and rather light for its generation.

• Speed/Performance:

HP has done a great job..

Comments about HP Pavillon g7 -110us Notebook:

My HP laptop is great. HP has done a great job in my opinion. My laptop works great has all the features I could ask for in a laptop for what I need it for. It looks great to. And the screen seems to be so bright and looks great. If you are interested in buying a laptop checkout HP for sure. YOU will be very very happy with HP i'm sure. Just give it a look. If you have someone going to collage or some kind of school HP would be a great gift for them. Everything that they would need in a computer would be right there. Or if you are just wanting one for yourself at home this is a awsome computer to have for any use. I use my HP for all my computer needs from facebook to youtube and email and everything and it is amazing for all these things works great looks great and you could not ask for a better working computer. I use my HP laptop everyday and it has been great no complaints here at all. music, video and all work great. Thanks HP for a great product.

Easy to use great for school..

Battery Life
I have nothing but good things to say about the battery life for my HP

Great Performance!

Comments about HP Pavillon g7 -110us Notebook:

I have had my HP Pavilion for almost two years and I have yet to run across a problem. This is the first laptop that I have been able to keep without it breaking or some type of defect. I would highly recommend a HP Pavilion to anyone who wants a great laptop for a great price!

The processing system works super fast. I have not had any slowing down, which is hard to find in a laptop as it ages.

The batteries last quite long in the laptop itself. The normal six cell battery charge holds around three hours, depending on which power setting is set up. The eight cell batteries are suppose to hold a much longer charge, but I have yet to try it out. I haven't seen a decrease in battery life, which is great!

I like the grey color on the outside of the laptop, but it does get scratched and chipped at quite easily. It isn't a problem for me though. I also wish that you could buy colored skins for this laptop, but I can't find them anywhere.

This laptop withholds a lot. I really like it and would definitely purchase another HP Pavilion in the future.

• Speed/Performance:

It's not the computer's fault

from Falmouth, KY

Comments about HP Pavillon g7 -110us Notebook:

I recently purchased this computer after waiting for years to purchase a new computer. My old Dell no longer ran without being plugged in and the CD Rom drive had not worked for years. So, I was very excited to finally be able to purchase this computer. I decided to pick one that had Windows 8 so that I would be current for a while. What a mistake. I HATE Windows 8 and I am so sorry that I purchased this. Windows 8 is glitchy and, so far, very few things are compatible with it including iTunes and APPLE products. This computer, itself, appears to be fine. The battery life has been about 5 hours so far. The CD Rom works fine. It does not run hot and it is pretty quiet. The size is great. The material of the case does attract and hold lots of dust and pet hairs so I have purchased a cover for it. If you are into the new things, perhaps you will like Windows 8. As for me, I guess the old Dell will have to be kept for iTunes, alone, as there is no program yet for iTunes to work on Windows 8. Wish that I had known this sooner.