View more laptops

HP Pavillion DV8000 Notebook PC

HP Pavillion DV8000 Notebook PC

3.9

Big and fast

Bought the Laptop a year and a half ago and have used it everyday with minor problems but enjoyable easy use most of the time.  The screen and body of the laptop is very large, I had to find a big enough backpack online to fit it in because normal ones will not fit it.  Even though having the number pad makes it bigger it also is something I use all the time and am glad to have.I have had problems with computer and sent it back 3 times.  If you get it get a service warranty for at least 3 yrs.  The motherboard on it became corrupted so mine is in the process of being fixed now.  I have had numerous technical problems with mine and it is a hassle to not be able to use it when you need it.  Overall, a good laptop based on speed and use, but very big which makes it hard to transport around daily- worked for me to leave it in my dorm room but bringing it to the campus library was a challenge. Nice to watch movies with friends, everyone wants me to bring it because it has the biggest screen.

Never again HP

I will never again in my life buy another single product from HP. I purchased the laptop from them and had issues with the thing from the very beginning. I contacted them to send it back and have it either looked at or replaced but found out exactly how shady this company really is. The web camera had issues like fogginess and lag fromthe beginning then there was also the contunual rebooting and weird noises coming from the computer.And another serious issue was the speakers were so quiet that no one can even hear anything coming out of them when we try to watch vidoes or something on the internet or try to talk with someone on the web camera. So I mailed it back to them and they called me to tell me there was a spill. OH right out of the box there was a spillin it? I think not. So they send it back to me and it arrived broken in half! the key board was busted up and had dents all over and it was all corroded. This is not what I sent to them. Oh and the batter will not charge ever. Crap crap crap.

Loved it.

Comments about HP Pavillion DV8000 Notebook PC:

I have had this lap top for a few months now and I absolutely love it. I used to have a toshiba but had to give it up and this one is ten times better. I haven't had any issues with viruses or anything. If i could however change one thing about this product, it would be that it should be touch screen. It came with Windows 8 which was basically designed for touch screens. However I wouldn't give up this lap top except to upgrade to maybe a Mac. This is a great lap top to have. Very easy to carry around. The battery life is phenomenal, and its just an all around good lap top. If you are looking for a reliable easy to use lap top, I would recommend this one all the way.

• Battery Life:
  • Support & Service:
  • Speed/Performance:

HP Pavilion dv800 lives up to its name.

from Salem, OR

Comments about HP Pavillion DV8000 Notebook PC:

Having owned the HP Pavilion for 4 years I feel I have really given it a try out. Not being too computer savy, the Pavilion does pretty much what I ask of it.

It is a bit slow loading pages, but in part it's because I have quite a few programs installed that load on booting up, like Kodak Easy Share software.

We travel all over the USA & find the WiFi feature a great advantage at times.

Just this month had to replace the battery. So nice life span on the orginal battery.

This computer is pretty tough. To date I have only had it in the repair shop once. And it wasn't the computer itself, it was an update error that caused my problem.

When this one dies, I will definitely look for the same updated computer version.

its not the best... but much more than better

from Cumming, GA

Comments about HP Pavillion DV8000 Notebook PC:

well. its kinda heavy to use. but service is awsome.... one thing about hp is that. u get gud service if u are on foreign trip also...n if u face some problems. helpdesk is worth a try. you do get good service. i really wasnt expecting that gud service as of DELL. as i had it before. but it really proved me wrong.if i get to suggest this product to frnd. i would surely suggest same . that is for sure.as this was also refered to me by on HP fan.

Love, Love, Love

from Saint Joseph, MO

Comments about HP Pavillion DV8000 Notebook PC:

I am very happy with this product.  It does everything I want.  The one con, is I need more ram.  I am an avid "downloader".  Can't imagine having anything smaller than a 17".  I didn't have to commit to another room or get another phone line. It's great.  I know I will go back to this brand again.

Never again HP

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about HP Pavillion DV8000 Notebook PC:

Love my HP Pavilion dv8000 but the battery has problems.

from Buckeye, AZ

Comments about HP Pavillion DV8000 Notebook PC:

My husband bought this laptop for me about 3 or 4 years ago and it is still going strong.  It is fast online and it has tons of space on the hard drive.  My only problem with it is that within 6 months I had to replace the battery because it wouldn't hold a charge.  We paid the money and were sent a new battery.  Within another 6 months the same thing happened to that battery.  We decided that we wouldn't spend more money on another battery and now I have to use the laptop while it is plugged into the wall.  Last year the hinges broke on the screen and I had to completely replace the hinges.  Performance wise this laptop is great.  I just wish I could get a new battery to last more than 6 months.

It's good, durable, and faster than some laptops

from Clovis, CA

Comments about HP Pavillion DV8000 Notebook PC:

Pros:It's a very good laptop, considering how well you play online games. Really good graphics too, it lasted me almost a year now, and will probably last a life time. No problems ever occured with my laptop. I would recommend this laptop to anybody who loves going online gaming. The lid is plain color as like steelish color. (shoulda made it black o well)

Cons: Weighs a bit heavy, yup sorta heavy

Overall: Unique laptop for online games.

P.s. The humming noise on the start-up is it exhausting air out and getting ready to start. It only last for like 1 second and it express how mad this laptop is.

No 64 bit support at all. WHy have a 64 bit processor?

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about HP Pavillion DV8000 Notebook PC:

I bought my HP DV8305 a couple years ago and regretted it almost from the gate.  Two to four days to upgrade memory and hard drive(512MB of memory?  Puhleeez!  80GB hard drive? I scoff at you!), was just much too long to wait.  I figured I could find my upgrade parts much easier.    Then the 64 bit Operating systems started coming out and being easier to get.  Problem was and still is, HP isn't supporting any of the 64 bit operating systems with this model.  No drivers, nothing.  You want 64 bit support from HP?  They tell you that you are free to upgrade to a whole new model.  Gee thanks, but I bought a 64 bit processor expectring 64 bit support.  HP USED to be my favorite and I would always recomment them.  But, unless it is an imaging or printing device, never again.

pretty good since i bought it 3 years ago

from Helena, AL

Comments about HP Pavillion DV8000 Notebook PC:

***i've had it since 2006, it is pretty good with pictures, the sound though, when you're playing audio doesn't play too good and i always have a problem with this loud humming sound and  then it'll just turn off by itself. when i'm using messenger chats online, it'll just kick me out of the system totally.***

ausome machine

from New Hyde Park, NY

Comments about HP Pavillion DV8000 Notebook PC:

the hp pavilion laptop is truly a wonderful compuet. i reccomend. great memory, wonderful graphics. great sound. Very durable. Easy to use and easy to handle. Get a docking station as well this way you can easily connect to all your accesories in one spot...