View more laptops

Other Laptops:
HP
HP Pavilion DV9000 Notebook PC

Affordable & Does Its Job

The HP Pavilion DV9000 Notebook PC is a reasonably-priced notebook, which functions as most laptops do. The laptop itself is a nice, sleek design and the platform is also decent. One thing I do not like about this laptop is that it gets hot quickly, making me nervous to leave it alone while running. When I wear shorts, it sometimes burns my legs because it gets so hot. I have also noticed that because this device is metallic, it gets dirtier easier and although it looks nice when clean, it looks pretty bad when it is dirty. This device is easy to use, as any other computer, and it's speed is quite a bit slower than newer computers. The battery life of this computer is very poor. I use the computer moderately every day and find myself having to plug in the charger multiple times a day. A benefit of power-saving, however, is that you can adjust the brightness of the screen for when it is plugged into the charger and when it is not plugged into the charger.

USA

true

Mixed feelings on this one

My family actually owns three of these. I purchased one for each of my younger children for Christmas. They run well. they have a good battery life BUT there is something wrong with the screens. Each one of these have developed a dead spot in the screen somewhere. I am not giving them a poor rating because HP does make it good and fixes them for free if you call their number. Otherwise they run games well. My kids play World of Warcraft which takes a lot of bandwidth. They came with Beats Audio which absolutely is top of the line in sound . I was kind of disappointed it did not come with Microsoft Works. It is a program needed for most college assignments. The virus ware it comes with is not to bed. But I upgraded just to make sure since it was factory. I rate this ok for kids High School age and under. But for college students and professionals, it just does not seem to do the functions needed. My desk top is also an HP and wonderful. I think it is just this product and not the company that is flawed. Looks to me like they cut corners during manufacturing.

USA

I wasn't too impressed

I owned one of these for maybe four or five years and put it through the ringer. I used it for everything, from class work to gaming, and I must say that it was great at first. However, after about a year I was glad I had gotten the warranty on it. It had a defective power source and I had to ship it to HP to fix and that was just the beginning. On numerous occasions I had issues with it and had to spend hours on the phone with technical support, many times resulting in me having to send the computer in. Eventually, my screen went out and the computer went kaput. It turns out that there was a poor design to the laptop that caused it to overheat and melt parts inside. I was very frustrated and ended up having to buy a new laptop. Buy at your own risk.

Spring, TX

false

I've had better.

serves it's purpose until it over heats due to that defect hp acknowledged in the mother board Support & Service If you're lucky enough to have this item defect WITHIN th warranty limit, service is excellent - however, when your unit overheats and crashes AFTER the warranty, you're screwed.

Dublin, CA

true

A Great Use of Technology!

**I have to say that I really do like this computer! It has plenty of great features to it. It has a nice wide screen. A nice QWERTY keypad, with a nice adition number pad on the side, which I have found works great for when you're crunching numbers and want to have a quick way of adding them. Also, it has a nice built in camera for when you want to web chat with friends and family. This I have appreciated because my family lives a couple of states away from me, so this has helped me to be able to stay in contact and not have to attach an extra accessory to my computer! The one drawback to this computer, though, is that I had to switch from Windows XP to Windows Vista, which I have found I don't really care for. The operating system has a lot of glitches and can be a pain to use. And the only other thing is that the wireless switch is easy to knock off and on. Outside of that, though, it is pretty easy to navigate around. **

West Liberty, KY

true

It's a gotta have for on-the-goers!

This is the second HP laptop I have owned. I just love the HP brand. I have used others (Dell, Toshiba, and Gateway) and always go back to the HP. It is very user friendly, even if you have never used a computer before. It is very light weight, especially this newer one, I believe it is only like 4-7 pounds. The picture is very clear and crisp. The only down fall I have found is the Vista, it is not a user friendly program. This is defenatlly a product for the person on the go. It comes with a 8 cell battary, ear buds and a remote control for watching DVDs and listening to music.

Texarkana, TX

true

Want quality in your lap - HP is the one.

Having had a PC for many many years, breaking out into the wireless world and use of laptops, I have found that the HP Pavillion really fit all of my needs.  With the seperate numeric keyboard, I am really pleased with how this fits into my Accounting work and needs.

Marietta, GA

true

Good computer but not great quality overall.

Overall the computer works absolutely great, i have only two problems with it. The first being that in mine and the several other people that i know who own this laptop, it is falling apart. The hinges on screen quickly became wobbly and eventually will not support the screen. The other problem is that hp can NOT seem to help me get the right drivers to actually use my num pad. I sent it in to them once, but when i redid my computer the problem came back. I have spoken to customer support several times, but they can't just send me a driver and i can't afford to lose my laptop for 3-4 weeks just for the numpad. It's quite ridiculous that they can't just add it to a hp patch to download and fix this problem for all users.

West Lafayette, IN

Its a decent computer

I bought this laptop for work. I work construction and half to write out alot of bids. The battery life is very good but the only problem i have had is the power strip. I leave it in my bag untill i need it. I have had to replace the cord 2 times so far because it is not strong at all the wire comes frayed and the connector for the computer fell off. But the rest of the computer is good the only thing that could be better is the sound quality

Olathe, KS

Love it!

I got this for my birthday, and I love it. It's great for watching movies, and I can watch live tv over the internet with no problem. The only draw back is it's a little heavy, but overall it's great. I'm always online, sending pics, downloading music, watching movies and playing games, so far not one little bit of trouble. I highly recommend this laptop.

Chattanooga, TN