View more laptops

HP Pavilion DV6-3150US Entertainment Notebook

HP Computing for me

from Avoca, IA

Comments about HP Pavilion DV6-3150US Entertainment Notebook:

I purchased this HP Pavillion DV6-3150US Entertainment Notebook for my personal use. It is completely satisfactory and I use it several times a day. I have not had any problems with this HP laptop and it not only works well but it looks really nice. When turned on it is fast to boot up and it came with Windows 7 which is a really big plus. I have never had it lock up on me. It has a very long battery life and works very well plugged in also. It is light and easy to transport. I use it both with the built in mouse and also with a wireless mouse. The keyboard is very easy to use. I use mine with a home wireless network and have also used it while traveling and it connects with all available networks with not problem.

HP Pavilion Review

from Seattle, WA

Comments about HP Pavilion DV6-3150US Entertainment Notebook:

I've like this laptop enough throughout the two years I've used it for college. The HP Pavilion has great speed, security, speakers and features that fulfil all my needs in school and my personal life. I have a lot of podcasts and audio clips I've needed to save from lectures, and this laptop has been very handy with the 500gb of space. I haven't had any problems with viruses or other security issues. My screen is 14 inches, but is the perfect size for me and doesn't feel to small or large. It's perfect to have two windows or word documents open next to each other when multi-tasking.

One of the problems I have with this laptop, unfortunately, however, is the battery life. Even when I keep it on the power saver mode, it lasts only an hour or so, sometimes less before I have to plug it in. The other and most annoying issue I have is with the heat and fan noise. Every HP laptop I've come across heats up very quickly and I can't stand having it on my lap for long periods of time without a fan pad under it.

I LOVE THE HP PAVILLION!

from Carol Stream, IL

Comments about HP Pavilion DV6-3150US Entertainment Notebook:

I Don't know a ton about computers and but i love this computer!! I recently got it for my birthday and it is incredible! my past one used to get so hot it would almost butn my leg and this one barley gets warm in comparison.  This one also works so much faster as well. My past computer would not alow me to play the sims game wich is my favorite one ever and this one i can play and therre are absolutley no problems! If someone has to by a pc instead of a mac i would reccomend this product! AND IT IS CHEAPER THAN A MAC!

Amazing laptop!

from New York, NY

Comments about HP Pavilion DV6-3150US Entertainment Notebook:

I bought this laptop four years ago, and its still working perfect to this day! I have absolutely no complaints, apart from the graphics card. Upgrade the graphics card and you will be set for a couple years with this baby. The screen is about 17" or so, I believe, and is perfect for everyday use. The layout is also very unique and functional. Also, the battery life is some-what of a drawback. You will need to get a spare battery or two if you are planning on travelling for a long period of time. Also, the heat can be intense at times, but if you upgrade there are 3 cooling fans and a heat vent on the side, so it should be fine. It definetly does not get hot on your lap for extended periods of time.

Pros: powerful machine, suitable for gaming, movies/pictures, etc etc. Run practically anything off this, it WILL handle it. Very impressive and has been running flawlessly up until recently.

Cons: short battery life, fans run constantly, sometimes over-heats and shuts down.

Fast, lots of security features...

from Whitehall, PA

Comments about HP Pavilion DV6-3150US Entertainment Notebook:

I bought this laptop about 5 months ago when my little netbook became to hard for me to read the screen. I absolutely love it. It is quick for one thing when I click on any tab or go to the internet. I like the sleep mode which saves power.  I have a ton of security features too. It came with a free trial Norton antivirus program. I didn't activate it since I use Windows Essentials but it was nice to know it was there if I needed it. It's got a 4 gb memory & 64 bit operating system and a 2.3 ghz processor. It is perfect for surfing the internet or checking email. I don't know if you would like it for any kind of photo, graphic or design work but I think it could handle it just fine.  The only negative to this computer for me is the battery life. My netbook battery could last up to 5 hrs but battery for this HP lasts about 1 1/2 hrs. The keyboard is also a bit of a drawback. It takes a while to get use to it and until then you hit the wrong keys which then takes you all over the place. The keys include a calculator and many other features that I don't even understand yet...but if you take the time to figure them out they can be a real timesaver. The weight of the laptop is comfortable too. Playing games is excellent on this system and page loading is fast.

amazing laptop!

from Jamaica Plain, MA

Pros

Cons

Comments about HP Pavilion DV6-3150US Entertainment Notebook:

this laptop is amazing! My family got it for me on Christmas and let me tell you, I can barely keep my hands off of it! The web browsing is fast and crisp, the sound quality is amazing and the picture quality is one of the bests! The screen is wide enough to watch movies with a group of friends on the laptop. Also this is a very quiet laptop compared to my other ones. My last laptop sounded like a jet engine was going off. The battery life on this laptop is also fairly impressive. 6+ hours of use without charging is incredible! The design of this laptop is very sleek and clean. The memory and internal software is amazing as well! In my opinion, it's way better than the mac books. You can't go wrong with this laptop. This would make a great gift from kids, adults, coworkers, and family! Everyone will love this laptop regardless of age! It's so easy to use i'm sure my grandmother can use this with no problem.

love the sound quality. No issues so far

from Stamford, CT

Comments about HP Pavilion DV6-3150US Entertainment Notebook:

I have had mt Pavilion dv7 for 3 months now. I love the performace. The screen size is 17.3 inches so I love watchig DVDs. The machine respose time is fast although firefox sometimes gets stuck. the audio quality is great due to the beats software in my machine.

Good product at a decent price

from Petaluma, CA

Comments about HP Pavilion DV6-3150US Entertainment Notebook:

I was previously a mac user and now have the HP laptop.  I guess I am now a convert!!  I am still getting used to the differences with a PC but so far, I like it.   The HP has been reliable with no issues.