View more laptops

3.6

Pros

Cons

• Speed/Performance:

Computer is old but still working for me.

The computer runs very well especially for its age, but there are some problems with the updates I never can get the updates to complete for some reason.. I know its not from the memory being low or anything like that so I have no idea what the problem is. Other than that I think the computer runs great, so far I have not had many problems with it so I hope I am doing a good job at keeping it in good condition.

Battery Life
It tends to run out really quickly when watching videos. I do not know how much battery life it has but I know it does not last very long.

Support & Service
I never really had to ask the support & service team any questions because I typically just look up the questions and error codes into Google and it explains in articles and videos on how to fix the problems that I have so I am not sure how good the support and service team is.

Speed/Performance
The speed is pretty good. It turns on a little bit slow but I think that is just from it being as old as it is. Other than that the performance is great, anytime I try to access chrome it works fast. When playing online and offline games the computer runs pretty quickly. Only the videos on Netflix run slow.

I am not too excited about the design because it is old and for 2006 this computer looks great. But for 2013 heading to 2014 where a Macs are looked as the best design, and recently the Microsoft's two-in-one devices, But hey I can't complain because as I said this computer may be old but it does things quite well. Its really my old faithful.

The computer has good durability I can not complain about that because it does pretty good for anything that I need to use it for.

I hate the HP Pavilion dv2000

I absolutely hate this computer. I had a toshiba which I recently replaced with the HP Pavilion dv2000. I wish I had never gotten rid of my Toshiba. This computer is constantly freezing up or over heating. It usually crashes or randomly shuts itself down at least twice a day. I have had it into Geek Squad 3 times since I bought it 4 months ago. I bought it for primarily note taking during class and when it crashes 3 times in one class it gets really aggervating. I hate that it came with Windows Vista and I don't like that it shows every finger print. I'm slightly OCD and somedays I feel I spend more time wiping finger prints off and rebooting the stupid computer then using it to do work.

Computer is old but still working for me.

excellent priced laptop computer

Comments about HP Pavilion DV2000 Notebook PC:

windows 8 takes a bit more time to learn how to use but at a decent price and many options and setups this laptop works very well and is good quality for the price and for as many features that it has to do stuff on. It was very easy to set up and downloads things easily. The organized desktop leaves many places so you can keep track of all your favorite things such as games, music, and photos.

windows 8 is harder to use and figure out than previous windows used but when figured out is very organized

Battery Life
the battery lasts a really long time and on mine has never died

Support & Service
there are many programs that help you learn to use the options on this laptop they are almost endless and sometimes take awhile to find exactly what you need to help you understand something you are working on

Speed/Performance
pretty good speed if you choose a faster speed with your internet provider it can take it and the bootup is quick and easy

simple easy design makes it easy to understand and use

very firmly built and strong so this laptop is a good option for familys with kids who use the computer

• Speed/Performance:

The HP Pavilion DV200 Notebook is Great For College!

Comments about HP Pavilion DV2000 Notebook PC:

I purchased this computer as a replacement to a dell that I had go out on me and so far it has been pretty good. I use this computer mainly for my college courses and work and it gets the job done. I get around 5hours of battery life so you may want to purchase a different battery. I would also recommend getting an external hard drive to store all of your files to keep this laptop running quickly. There is some lag when you have multiple windows and applications running as well.

hp 2000

from Huntington, WV

Comments about HP Pavilion DV2000 Notebook PC:

I have an HP 2000 laptop and I love the ability to surf the web at a great pace. I can get a battery life of 4 hours without charging the laptop. I had another brand of computer that worked for 2 months then stopped working. I had to get a new one so I purchased the HP. I like the screen size it is bright. The keys on the computer are soft to touch. It has a dvd and cd player with a web cam. I can't ask for a better computer for the price that I paid brand new. I love this computer to pieces.

Really Good for the price

from San Bernardino, CA

Comments about HP Pavilion DV2000 Notebook PC:

I really enjoy using this product ,it has pretty good features like the bluetooth capabilities , the built- in mic & web cam and the fact that comes with windows Vista. It does get a little hot ,So I had to purchase a fan .I wish the battery charge would last longer, besides that it's a pretty good product.

Fun and easy to use

from Uniontown, PA

Comments about HP Pavilion DV2000 Notebook PC:

I like this lappie. Got a ton of power and speed for 1000 bucks!My favorite part of the laptop is how easy it is to turn on and off and to set on standby mode.It is very user friendly and came with a lot of extras for the price, including a webcam, microphone and fingerprint reader. (All built in.)It has every hole imaginable, including 2 USB, a DVD drive, Lightscribe and more.

Great computer for the price

from Denver, CO

Comments about HP Pavilion DV2000 Notebook PC:

Great value especially if you can find it on sale. Very easy to use, and impressive features like LightScribe. Battery life (with the battery it comes with) is ok. Plenty of ports for various stuff, nice screen quality, and has a webcam/microphone. Great for college students.

Funky, sleek, and available with all the right perks.

from Katy, TX

Comments about HP Pavilion DV2000 Notebook PC:

The HP Pavilion dv2500t notebook was a last-minute buy before I left for a year in Europe. My old laptop was on its last leg, and I wanted an affordable laptop that had enough features to serve its purpose, but not so over-the-top that I didn't need/use half its specs. This laptop has been great so far - I mostly use it for keeping in touch with my friends and family online, viewing/editing/storing/sharing my travel pictures, listening to music, and watching videos. Because this laptop is entertainment-oriented, it has been great for me. The design of the notebook itself is smooth, sleek, and funky with its mirror-shiny black surface with swirled designs giving it a fresh edge. There were tons of available upgrades and options when I purchased the notebook customized from the HP website. I ended up getting an upgraded processor, video card, wireless/bluetooth, and built-in webcam and microphone for an incredible low price. The only problems I have had with this computer so far are most likely attributable to Windows Vista like Internet Explorer needing to restart frequently. Overall, I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a casual personal laptop that is affordable and fun.

The HP Pavilion dv 2000is not the best of laptops for the money

from Irvine, CA

Comments about HP Pavilion DV2000 Notebook PC:

The HP Pavilion dv2000 was a replacement computer for the first one I bought. the biggest thing that on the downside is that it doesnt have blue tooth. Other than that with the windows media center many of the video's that I download cant be played so I installed VLC.

Start up time is horendous but that is MS problem.

For a reasonalby priced computer, it is ok for the money. but would only consider buying HP again if the product was on sale, never would I pay full price again. So my advice to anyone who is buying computers is to shop around for the best price.

I absolutley love my new Hp pavillion laptop.

from Osage Beach, MO

Comments about HP Pavilion DV2000 Notebook PC:

This is my second laptop that I've ever owned. I previously owned a Dell but because of the economy and finicial reasons I had to sell it. I was heart broken but my husband bought me a HP. I couldn't be more happier. My Hp pavillion dv2000 out shines Dell in so many ways. Both came with Windows Visa but Hp came with an more upgraded version. I'm not sure if it is because its a special edition or not but it came loaded with items. It came not only with cd/dvd reader but also a writer. I can now burn home videos to dvd from my laptop. And with the help of software from online, I can back up my dvds so if my 2 year old breaks one of my favorite movies, I have it on reserve and can easily burn another.

My Hp also came with Sling box and a tv tuner. Which before now I didn't even know existed. Hp makes it possible for me to watch my shows online while I'm on the road on vacation or visting a realitive.

Hp also comes with backup recovery center, which is great because as all computer users know, you never know what will happen. Hp gives you the peace of mind knowing that if something was to happen to your pc not all will be lost.

All in all i couldn't be more happier with my new laptop.