View more all in one printers

2.8
Other All-In-One Printers:
HP
Q5880A
HP PSC 1510 All-In-One Printer

HP PSC 1510 All-In-One Printer

2.8

PSC 1510 is quite expensive.

from Appleton, WI

Comments about HP PSC 1510 All-In-One Printer:

Since our old HP printer was on its last legs, we decided to buy a new one that would last awhile. We saw the HP PSC 1510 at a local store and bought it since it was on sale at the time. In the beginning it worked fine and there was no issues with it. But over time I noticed that it would start selecting more than 1 sheet of paper at a time, leading to numerous paper jams.

The scanner and copier worked fine, but that didn't make up for the issues with printing.

Then of course there is the issue with ink. While all printers have expensive ink, it seemed this HP printer went through ink much faster than our old one. Since I rarely have the need to print in color, I upgraded to a laser printer and have been much more pleased with that than this HP PSC 1510.

Therefore due to the paper jams and the expensive ink, I would not recommend this printer to anyone. If you are looking for a cheap multifunction printer, there can be many good deals found for laser multifunction printers.

Scanner, printer, and copier - convenient

from Austin, TX

Comments about HP PSC 1510 All-In-One Printer:

The only problem I have with this printer is it runs out of ink a lot, but I guess it's to be expected because I really do use it as a printer, copier, and scanner. It does all three in color and black & white, so it is quite versatile. I can scan any photo and upload it to graphics design application with no problems. You can save in a variety of formats, so images you scan are compatible with both Mac and PC.

One of its quicks is: you can't really load more than 10 sheets into its feeder at a time because it will feed into the printer incorrectly and cause a misfeed. Personally, I babysit my document and feed one sheet at a time to avoid paperjams. I never quite know when it's going to start acting up on the paper feed, so I avoid that issue altogether.

Images print out nicely and you have a few edit images like eliminating red eye, cropping photos, and auto-adjusting color contrasts.

I think it's a pretty good quality product for such a small size and its versatility makes it worthwhile to own.

An ok printer...

from Chandler, IN

Comments about HP PSC 1510 All-In-One Printer:

I have had this HP all in one printer for approximately 3-4 years now.  Overall, I suppose it's an ok printer for the money.  As usual, the printer cartridges are costly as most are.  I started to run into problems with my printer about a year ago.  I noticed that the black ink ran out very quickly and when I went to replace it, I saw why.  There, at the bottom of the ink cartridge are, was a pile of gooey black ink.  What a nightmare trying to get the ink out of the printer.  Every now and then I seem to run into the same problem.  Another problem that occurred was that somewhere along the line, it started to print out the test alignment page every single time I turned the printer on.  Didn't matter that I did exactly as it said to do when putting a new cartridge in or not... still printed the test page.  A huge waste of paper and of course, more ink!  After battling and battling with it, I finally got it to stop doing that, but now the scanner part of it doesn't work!  Probably won't go with another HP printer when it comes time to replace this one.

It's ok.

from Hollywood, FL

Comments about HP PSC 1510 All-In-One Printer:

I bought this printer because it had a rebate out when I bought my computer. I've always been a fan of Hewlett Packard because they have great printers. The PSC 1510 is a good printer but it definitely has it's drawbacks.

Pros:

1. Very simple to install.

2. Prints clean. No smudges.

Cons:

1. Frequently sucks in more than one piece of paper at a time. I'm not sure why this happens since I don't overlload the paper tray, but it does happen quite a bit. Very annoying especially if you're trying to print a coupon out and you only have one chance to do it and then you look at the coupon and it's on two pieces of paper because the printer sucked in another piece.

2. VERY expensive ink cartridges. I wouldn't mind the high prices if they lasted a long time, but the ink cartridges don't last very long. I normally have to chnage the color ink about every other month and the black lasts about two weeks longer.

3. Have to use original HP ink cartridges. I've tried using refills filled at different stores and each time there has been a problem. I've had the printer tell me it's not "genuine HP ink" and refuse to print.

Overall it's an ok printer. You just have to be prepared to spend quite a bit on ink and watch it as it prints to make sure it's not using more than one piece of paper at a time.