View more all in one printers

Other All-In-One Printers:
HP
CB025A
HP Officejet Pro 8500 Premier All-In-One Printer A909n

HP Officejet Pro 8500 Premier All-In-One Printer A909n

Pros

Cons

HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 Wireless AIO Printer 910A model

On the pro side this printer is wireless.  I have the printer on my dining room table, and I have it connected wireless to my home network and wireless Netgear router.  Connecting it to my wireless home network was simple and straightforward using the touchpad screen on t he printer.  Addiing the printer to my desktop computer on my computer desk was easy ad straightforward.  I did have to use the driver cd that came with the printer when adding  the printer to my new laptop.  I also purchased the optional second paper tray and the attachment to allow duplex printing and those work straightforward with no problems.   I did have some initial problems with trying to figure out how to load paper and envelopes correctly into both paper trays.   I like the embedded web based print server that comes with the printer.   Setting up an email address for the printer was simple and straight forward.   I was able to print a picture from the SD card in my cell phone the first time correctly, but not since then.   I like the e print apps on the touch screen of the printer for printing sudoku puzzles, grocery coupons, and crafts.   On the con side   I bought the printer because I have an iPad.  In November I installed and upgraded my iPad to 4.2 software, which was supposed to let me air print wirelessly to this printer  using Air Print and/or E Print.   Much to my disgust I have to now wait until the end of December 27 or later to get the firmware upgrade for this printer that will allow me to print wirelessly from my iPad to the printer.

This HP printer isn't too good

This has to be one of the WORST printers I could possibly think of for office use. Among the numerous problems I have with the machine, the largest is that if any color runs out of ink the entire printer is completely useless. I work in a small office setting where this is my only resource for all copies, printing, faxing and scanning. It does none of these things if the cyan cartridge (or any other one) is out of ink. It also has to be one of the slowest printers I've used and has to stop about 5 times a day to clean the print heads.
Do not even consider this printer for any use. It is a headache. I haven't had one single pleasant printing experience with it. Do not buy this printer. It has a huge out of paper error that is talked a lot about on the internet and I am fed up with it. Very unreliable machine....pretty much have to babysit to make sure it is actually copying the papers you need copied. Has to clean the printhead about 5 times a day which totoally stops you from doing whatever you need the machine to do. Would really like to throw it off a cliff!

All the bells and whistles I could want

from Wasilla, AK

Comments about HP Officejet Pro 8500 Premier All-In-One Printer A909n:

I have owned this printer for about 8 months and overall I am pleased with it. I have had to call for support twice and they were very helpful. The first time a wire located near the print heads had come loose and was making a crazy noise. They thought it was the print heads themselves and sent a replacement- A few hours later and a little pokling around I found and fixed the problem with ease. The 2nd issue was a result of my toddler pushing buttons and deleting the printer off of my PC- the support tech spent over 2 hrs helping me find out what was wrong and walking me through the steps to reload it. I was shocked that they gave me that much time for free!

I love the wireless feature and quality of printing has been good. The double sided feature has been nice for the kids reports and saving a little on paper. The ink cartridges get a lot of prints out of them and I do a lot of coupon printing so I am happy with that. I haven't used it for picture printing or other high quality printing but happy with what I need it for. I also enjoy the ease of the faxing, copying and scanning features- much easier than my old HP.

Solid Performer

from Denver, CO

Comments about HP Officejet Pro 8500 Premier All-In-One Printer A909n:

Read the enclosed instructions, and you will find the physical setup for this printer very easy. Cartridge changes is very easy ... and for the few times you may experience a paper jam, these are easy to clear.

Setup, including wireless setup is very straight-forward and connections are solid. Ethernet setup is easy as well -- I've done it with XP, Vista, Windows 7 and MacOSX. Scanning over wireless works well, which is a big plus.

Overall, I have no reservations recommending this printer for a heavy home user or a small office.

Great Printer

from Dayton, OH

Comments about HP Officejet Pro 8500 Premier All-In-One Printer A909n:

We use this printer from a Mac and a PC. It works great with both. We are able to scan, print, and copy. We do not use it as a fax as we email docs instead. We also send documents to the printer email and when we arrive the documents are waiting! Set up for both the PC and the Mac was very easy. Documents look beautiful whether in color or black and white for both printed and scanned. The printer is used for both business and personal use and scanning is how we use it most. Scanning speed is great and the feeder never jams--a problem we had often with our last printer. Two-sided printing and scanning is flawless. The cartridges are the one thing I find annoying--I don't like having four ink cartridges.

We love the easy-to-use HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless Printer

from Orem, UT

Comments about HP Officejet Pro 8500 Premier All-In-One Printer A909n:

We were printer hunting and my husband found this printer on a good sale. When he first brought it home, I was a little skepticle as to whether or not I would be able to figure out how to use this. I was very impressed with how I've been able to do anything and everything that I have needed to without any assistance from the manual or my husband. It is very user friendly.

One thing I especially love about this printer is the touch screen. It makes it so nice that I am able to copy or scan things without having to turn the computer all the way on. I have used this feature to make copies of some sewing patterns, and find it very simple to reduce or enlarge the size of the pattern I am wanting to copy.

The one downside to this printer is that if you run out of one color of ink (it comes with four different ink cartridges) then it will not let you print again until you replace the one that is low. Even if you are out of one of the colored inks, it will not let you keep printing with the black. My husband says this is true for all inkjet printers thought.

HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 A909g

from Forest City, NC

Comments about HP Officejet Pro 8500 Premier All-In-One Printer A909n:

I am in a work-at-home job for my father-in-law in a real-estate company. To say the least I deal with over 100,000 people in my job. I need to be prompt and on time with sending them mail-outs about land/home packages. This is where the **HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 A909g **handles a lot of the work. With it's all-in-one features, I can copy any maps, print multiple letters and even post stamps on multiple envelopes all at once. The **HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 A909g **is also awesome because I can use it on my laptop which uses a wi-fi connection. It intergrates wirelessly with the printer which makes it easier for work, not having to sit in one particular place. I would recommend this printer to anyone who has huge printing tasks ahead of them, wheather in a home office or working area office. Also, I'd like to note that this printer has multi-capabilities with it's intergrated card reader within the printer.

works for what I need

from Midlothian, VA

Comments about HP Officejet Pro 8500 Premier All-In-One Printer A909n:

We purchased this printer for our home business. We were so excited because it was wireless and offered fax, printing, scanning, and copying. For the first year we did not have any problems other than the installation needed to be done online because of the software program we use. After about a year, we began receving an error message occasionally "LCD needs to be udated" Now when this happens, we have to turn the printer off, our computer off, and restart everything. It is very annoying and we can not seem to figure out what triggers the message. It could be months without receiving it and then bam we get the message and have to do this several times before we can use the printer. The quality of the printing is great. If only I could figure out what causes this message, I would rate this printer higher.

Great printer, long lasting ink

from Parkesburg, PA

Comments about HP Officejet Pro 8500 Premier All-In-One Printer A909n:

This multi-functional printer has it all- memory card readers, printer, fax, copier, scanner, wifi. I was able to connect it to multiple computers in my house wirelessly, which is very convenient vs plugging in each time you need to print. The copier and scanner works great. I like especially that the ink lasts a long time. I print a lot and have had too many printers that go through ink fast. I seem to get my money's worth out of the ink for this printer. I also like that it tells you ahead of time that you are running low so you are prepared to replace the ink- it doesn't just suddenly run out. Overall, very happy with this printer and would recommend it. I always liked HP's printers. A good buy!

I am not having luck with this printer

from Hampstead, NC

Comments about HP Officejet Pro 8500 Premier All-In-One Printer A909n:

I had HP for years as a designer. I purchased this computer to do it all. It is not friendly with a Mac OS system.

It is always cleaning itself which is over 20 minutes. The ink gets used quickly even though I used xl cartridges which is supposed to last longer. The printing is slow and the spooling the info to the printer is slow.

Also HP support is awful.

Great Printer

from Jersey City, NJ

Comments about HP Officejet Pro 8500 Premier All-In-One Printer A909n:

HP officejet Pro 8500 wirless (CB023A) All-In-One InkJet Printer offers a good range of Inkjet functions for both work and home use. Its printing quality is adequate for most business needs, and its speed is on the slow side. For a home-business owner who needs an full-featured Inkjet, but who also wants a household printer for printing photos and the like, it's a good solution that doesn't break the bank.

Really a Great printer.

Great printer

from Amarillo, TX

Comments about HP Officejet Pro 8500 Premier All-In-One Printer A909n:

I bought this printer after careful consideration. I calculated the estimated cost of buying this printer verses printing at school for 5 cents a page, and it only took about a year to pay for the printer itself. I am now saving money with every page that I print. It is very simple to set up and use. The only downside is the length of time it takes to print using the duplex setting. It takes longer than most printers because the ink is less expensive and takes longer to dry. The time it takes to print on both sides is worth the cost savings though. If I am in that big of a hurry for something I can print on one side. The software it comes with for scanning documents and pictures is useful as well. You cannot go wrong with this printer. I have not set up fax with it because I do not have a land line but I'm sure it works fine. My grandparents recently bought the wireless version and I was able to easily show them how to use all the features. The 940XL inks last a long time. I have found the cheapest price at amazon.