Other All-In-One Printers:

HP Officejet 6500 Plus e-All-In-One Printer E710n

Pros

Cons

• Ink/Paper Use:

Very Impressive Printer For The Beginner!

We bought our "HP Photosmart Plus All-In-One Wireless Printer", sometime last year. This All-In-One printer, looked pretty cool. It Prints, Scans and Copies. The key features are: 1200dpi print resolution, SD/MemoryStick/xD card slot, 1200ppi scanner, 61mm touchscreen display and a PictBridge. I will say that this printer has a slow start up. But once it starts, printing seems to be fast. There are two paper trays, one for the paper and the other for photo paper. This is a four-color printer, which can take either standard or XL cartridges. This printer can be connected through USB or Ethernet, but also has a wireless connection. You have to connect temporarily via USB (a cable is supplied) to set up the link. This can be tough if you’ve bought the machine because you have space restrictions on your desk. All-In-All, I would deffinately recommend this to a friend!

HP Officejet 6500 All-In-One - It's very noisy

I have owned my HP 6500 wireless all-in-one since October 2009. It is, like all HP printers that I have bought, a challenge to set up, however the instructions for this one are...Read complete review

I have owned my HP 6500 wireless all-in-one since October 2009. It is, like all HP printers that I have bought, a challenge to set up, however the instructions for this one are more user friendly.

Pros - Fast ppm, duplex option works great. You can use all of the functions through faceplate of the machine (for the fax feature, you need to set it up so that it isn't run through your computer).

I really like that each ink cartridge is seperate so that if you are out of, say, Cyan, you can just buy that ink. I purchased the large black cartridge that enables me not to have to change the black very often. It is also much cheaper per page.

When I finally purchased my HP, the company had alot of online discounts, plus the coupon code that I found on the retailmenot.com website.  As I had read in several reviews about the Cons of the printer (that the ink cartridges were "sample" cartridges, which was not mentioned on the HP website), I took advantage of the additonal discounts that HP offered on their site, and another coupon code on the retailmenot.com website.

All of the discounts that I received helped offset the Cons of this printer.

It is very noisy. On the 'warm up" it sounds like the machine is rattling apart. The "warm up", in my opinion, also takes a very long time. After the warm up period, you then have to listen to the rattling as the rest of the various parts get into place. If you have little ones, it would be best to put the printer away from their bedrooms (and yours, if you're a night owl).

The "low ink" warnings are frustrating as they begin to become more and more frequent when one of the cartridges is low in ink.

The HP Solution Center takes it's time opening up. Any time that I have had a problem, and put the correct words in the Search box, I have yet to see an answer that comes close to the question I put forth.

Good Printer for the Price

from Utah

Comments about HP Officejet 6500 Plus e-All-In-One Printer E710n:

Prints well and quickly without jamming.

Prints well, although sometimes has communication errors between the printer and computer. Even though software is installed correctly on the computer, the computer has trouble recognizing the printer. This seems to come from the printer, as other printers work fine connected to the computer.

Ink/Paper Use
Burns through ink cartridges pretty quickly. You definitely want to get the XL printer for black, as it lasts about three times as long (at less than three times the price of the basic cartridge).

Works well, except for the times the computer has trouble recognizing it.

Has lasted well for the last few years that we have had it.

The paper delivery system is inconvenient. The receiving tray takes several steps to fold out, and paper just falls on the floor after finished printing without the tray. It's very inconvenient if trying to print something quickly without wanting to open the tray all the way every time.

HP Office Jet All-in-one printer Review

Comments about HP Officejet 6500 Plus e-All-In-One Printer E710n:

This product does what it is supposed to do, print quick job tasks, high definition photo color pictures, excellent format for presentation pamphlets, if you going for a job interview or you have a sales pitch hp all in one is your one stop place for all your print needs plus if you're worried about losing your information you can fax to your own office or workspace and set a code so no prying eyes can acclaim credit. The durability and efficient is by far superb. I have yet to experience any difficulty operating this product, plus the ink cartridges for it are not as expensive as most name brand printer cartridges. It gets the job done which is what you are looking for in a reliable product. No one wants to find out a product doesn't work well for them the day before a big speech or presentation with HP office jet printers like this one you can be guaranteed a successful printout and presentation plus your co-worker will admire or even envy you for having such a well presentation which all started after you execute the print option and submitted it to the printer.

HP Officejet 6500 Plus -- Good all-around all-in-one

Comments about HP Officejet 6500 Plus e-All-In-One Printer E710n:

HP Officejet 6500 Plus -- Good all-around all-in-one.

I really did have a printer a scanner, a copier and a fax machine on my desk (in my very small office). When the fax machine died, I decided that I was going to cut my losses and toss out everything. I bout the HP Officejet 6500 and have not looked back. All those stupid machines took up so much space. And this one piece of equipment does a better job than each one of them individually!

Fax -- We don't really fax much anymore, but we still need a fax once in a while. I can't review this feature very well because I really have not used it much. It seems to do an adequate job. It is easy to send and receive faxes. And setting up the "frequently dialed" numbers only took 2 minutes because it only contained a half dozen names and numbers.

The quality of the faxes (sent and received) is fine.

Copier -- I don't use the copier feature a lot, but I love knowing that I have this one at my fingertips. Print quality is very good and it is very easy to use.

Scanner -- Very easy to set-up and use. There are several settings I can change (size, color, resolution) that I play with a little. Easy and very good quality.

Printer -- HP quality. No complaints. The print quality is very good. It prints quickly and has many features (2-sided, collating, toner savings). Again, no complaints.

Overall this machine does everything well. And I have a bunch of empty space on my desk now!! Thanks!

HP 6500 Officejet All-in-One

from Delray Beach, FL

Comments about HP Officejet 6500 Plus e-All-In-One Printer E710n:

Of all the HP printer/fax/scan/copy machines I've had, this has been the best. I just now developed a problem but I think it's not too complicated (cleaning of the rollers). I've had this problem on a previous HP and it was fixed, then a 2nd time and they replaced it for me. So overall, HP is great to work with. Do make sure you get the warranty and up-date it when is needed. That way you get a replacement if it breaks down.

It performs well except for the factor I mentioned above.

Copy Quality
very good. I'm not to good with working the color scale for copying but I think it is supposed to be easy so I will check it out.

Ink/Paper Use
I use the XL ink jets as they last longer. Otherwise I'd be changing them quite often. I also set it on the black only to help wasting color ink. Paper is fine in this machine, no getting caught or anything.

Very easy to use for copying, scanning, faxing and printing. No problems on this machine for ease of use.

I will have this machine for close to 2 years in May. I do have to call for a small problem now but overall it's seems durable.

The design is much better than the previous. It seems a bit sturdier better proportioned.

A decent product

Comments about HP Officejet 6500 Plus e-All-In-One Printer E710n:

The interface on the printer is horrible. The touch screen is barely functional and the menu is quite complicated. Setting it up is hard, but not impossible. The performance is amazing. Like any printer, turning it on takes a while. Printing speed is very fast for a pretty high quality. However, the printer sometime messes up and the paper come out blank or smear... usually a reprint would solve the problem.

• Ink/Paper Use:

Remarkable piece of machinery!

from Pleasanton, TX

Comments about HP Officejet 6500 Plus e-All-In-One Printer E710n:

All-In-One...everything you need to know is right there in the title!! You can do just about anything that you can imagine with this printer/scanner/fax, etc. Very quick, nice quality for photos, ink lasts your standard amount of prints, faxes don't take too long to go through.

Very impressive performance! Very quick, simple to use/easy to figure the functions out. All around I give it an A+!!

Copy Quality
Beautiful copies that look EXACTLY like the original, which can be crucial at times when it comes to work-related matters. Quick copying as well!

Ink/Paper Use
Standard amount of paper/ink usage. HP has a lot of great deals on printer ink, as well as giving you rewards points, etc. for every cartridge you purchase, which helps to cut on ink costs.

SUPER simple to use. Any function you wish to use is easily figured out. My 8 year old daughter literally figured out how to do EVERYTHING on it within a day, so I'm sure the average person would have no problems.

I've had this printer for about 4 months now and it seems to be holding up just fine. No major malfunctions or anything.

A bit bulky, but the more functions you want, the bigger the printer has to be, so it is so worth it. If you have a tiny office or work space, and you don't need the 101 functions, you may wish to go with a more compact printer.

Great Machine for the Money

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about HP Officejet 6500 Plus e-All-In-One Printer E710n:

Bought this printer to replace one that died quickly. It's been going strong for 2 years now and functions great. Does 2 sided printing with no issues, all different sizes (envelopes, index cards, regular 8.5x11. Scans well, just wish it interfaced a little better with my computer so I didn't have to open the software to make it work. Copies nicely with both color and black and white features. Ink is affordable, but don't love that I have to replace each color separately. Most of all I love the wifi feature that allows us to network the printer to all the laptops in the house so that we can print without being in the same room as the printer. Haven't tried the 'email' to print function, but love that it's a possibility.

A few small issues with paper jams, but I think that was user error and once I was more careful about paper loading I ran into far less issues.

Ink/Paper Use
This wavers between 3 and 4. I don't feel like this printer is the most economical of printers I've had when it comes to ink, but it certainly beats running out to a copy shop constantly.

Great Printer

Comments about HP Officejet 6500 Plus e-All-In-One Printer E710n:

Overall this is a very nice unit. It is wireless which is awesome. It prints fast and good quality. I have had better printers for photos but this one does okay. It is easy to setup even for a novice like me. It doesn't like the off brand ink cartridges and has a hard time recognizing them but they are much cheaper. The scanner can be used wirelessly but to scan anything you need to be right at the scanner anyway so that doesn't seem to be a plus. I haven't had any issues with the fax. Works like any other. The copy, seems to make decent quality copies.
I think for the average home scan/print/copy/fax this one meets all my recommendations.
We have had it for a year now without any problems.

• Ink/Paper Use:

Beautiful images printering with quick ink dry

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about HP Officejet 6500 Plus e-All-In-One Printer E710n:

The machine print the images very well. the photos is amazing and the characters is very sharp. However, the ink seems dry very fast. If you are not a daily user, you must be careful before ordering this all in one printer.

Yes, the printing is very sharp, clear, and powerful. The dpi is high enough even for professional printing.

Copy Quality
The quality is good enough. I printed several photos, the dpi is one of the best.

Ink/Paper Use
It is not good. The ink dry so fast. I just print 20 photos and left it for one month. The ink is then about half level.

Very easy to start.

Yes, it is very durable.

The design is OK. Looks kind of bulky and too heavy. But this is common for most all-in-one printers.

• Ink/Paper Use:

Good printer but expensive ink

Comments about HP Officejet 6500 Plus e-All-In-One Printer E710n:

We have had this printer for 4 years. It was very expensive when I purchased it but is better priced now. I have has a few issues with the paper not feeding evenly in the printer. It does use a lot of ink and you can't print in just black/white so ink gets expensive. There has been issues with errors in the printer & I have to reset it.