View more all in one printers

3.7
Other All-In-One Printers:
HP
Q5801A
HP Officejet 6210 All-In-One Printer

HP Officejet 6210 All-In-One Printer

3.7

lousy product from a once trusted company

Comments about HP Officejet 6210 All-In-One Printer:

don't bother buying this.

this machine was a dog! it got light use....only replaced ink cartridges about every 6 to eight months. bought it 4 years ago. by the third year the color printer would no longer work and recently have begun getting all kinds of error messages.....wrong ink cartridge installed (NOT), sensor for top being closed malfunctioned so I needed to tape it down to have unit work. Very unhappy with this thing.

for one, to get to the ink cartridges you have to lift up the top, which doesn't raise very far. two, once the top is pulled up, the ink cartridges do not slide into the center position so you can easily reach them.

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

HP 6210 - Started out fine but downhill fast

from Prospect Heights, IL

Comments about HP Officejet 6210 All-In-One Printer:

Had no problems for the first three months.  Liked the HP 6210 I had at the offfice so much that I bought one for home.  Then began to have constant problems with the printer cartridges sticking.  Sought help and found that this is a common problem.  The fix - shut down, reset - takes about 5 minutes.  Finally took the one at home straight to the dumpster - that fixed my frustration!  My Canon works great.  ( I still call tech support about my work printer ALL the time - they eventually got tired of coming by and got me a new HP printer - it's fine.

Has been a great printer for our needs.

from Amboy, WA

Comments about HP Officejet 6210 All-In-One Printer:

We have had our HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet Printer for about six years now and it is still going strong. We first purchased the all-in-one printer for our business, so we were printing quite a few things, but now we use it just for personal printing and it still prints great and we use it to fax every so often and I use it to copy school items for our homeschooling also quite a bit. I have never refilled an ink cartridge and used it in our printer so I am not sure how well it would print from that, I have always bought the cartridges and they are expensive, but I do not feel like we have to replace them often. The only down about this printer, is it is old enough to not be able to use it wirelessly with our laptop. If your in the market for an all in one printer then I would defiantly recommend this one and is has not cause us any problems and all the functions work great on it.

Great printer, still going after all these years!

from Franklin, TN

Comments about HP Officejet 6210 All-In-One Printer:

I purchased this printer back in 2005 brand new from the HP website for a college program I was taking online.  I needed something that would provide the 4 necessary funtions a busy college students needs - faxing, printing, copying, and scanning.  While at the time, it was a bit on the pricey side, the fact that is has last 5+ years has made it worth it!  It has sufficed for my needs not only throughout my college degree program, but also for personal use and now for my home office business use.  The ink is fairly inexpensive, and I only have to replace it about once a month (and I print several pages everyday).  I have never had to have it serviced for any problems.  Sometimes the power button will "stick" a bit, but I just keep pressing and it turns on.  The automatic document feeder is one of my favorite features.  Sometimes is make a grinding noise when the ink cartridges are re-setting, but it is over 5 years old!  It's just amazing that it still prints well!

The HP Officejet 6210 All-in-One Printer is the one I cannot liv

from Swea City, IA

Comments about HP Officejet 6210 All-In-One Printer:

I love the HP Officejet 6210 All-In-One Printer, Fax, Copier, and Scanner. Mine is a few years old, but I love it. I can not live without it. I would never want to live without it. From here on out I will refer to it as my printer. This printer of mine does everything I want it to do. It prints my pictures from my computer or from a memory card. It prints good quality pictures too. Hewlett Packard's ink for this printer is not too expensive either, which is very good if you are on a tight budget but are like me and print pictures almost everyday. This printer has a memory that lets you store pages to be faxed at a later time. Let's say I finished my report at midnight and it needs to be faxed to my boss, but I know his fax machine is turned off, but will be turned on the next morning. All I have to do is store the pages to be faxed into the printer's memory and program the fax to fax a copy at a certain time the next morning. Brilliant!! I love it and could not live without it.

Great printer; awful software

from Vancouver, WA

Comments about HP Officejet 6210 All-In-One Printer:

As a printer, the OfficeJet 6210 (and other similar models I've used) are great.  The hardware is reliable, it prints reasonably quickly and quietly for the price, and the buttons are straigtforward to use.  The ink cartrige is refillable using an ink refill kit they sell online from Costco.  (I refuse to pay the horrific princes for new ink cartriges!)

HP's software, on the other hand, is a huge headache.  It's big, bloated, and takes several steps to uninstall the bits and pieces.  HP would do well to offer a simple option right from the beginning for those who really, truly want the minmal drivers needed to make the printer work.

It is a decent unit but I would prefer a wireless printer.

from Barberton, OH

Comments about HP Officejet 6210 All-In-One Printer:

This is a good, basic printer but I wish I would have waited and bought one with more features.  Right after I bought it the price of better ones seemed to drop and I could have done much better.  It does do a decent job of basic printing, but it uses a lot of ink and the cartridges are rather expensive.

Fairly simple, reliable machine

from Stockbridge, GA

Comments about HP Officejet 6210 All-In-One Printer:

This is the second HP all-in-one that I have bought, and I have been very pleased with its performance. Changing the printer cartridges is easy, and I like that it only has two cartridges--one black and one three-color-- vs. other machines that require separate cartridges for each individual color. The only problem that I have had is occasional paper jams, which probably would happen with any machine. I have had this particular model almost two years and recently purchased another one as a backup because it was such a good performer.

Super practical way to fax, print, scan and copy.

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about HP Officejet 6210 All-In-One Printer:

I have had my HP6210 for over 2 years.  It's the best investment I ever made besides my computer!  This is an all purpose machine that takes up little room and can do just about everything you need for a small business.

The software included is a dream to use.  My pictures and scans turn out excellent when I use it.  I have never had a communication problem between my computer and all in one printer.  I had one paper jam and this was easily fixed.

Ink is economical and best found on ebay.  Capacity it wonderful, so even though they seem to be small cartridges, you get a lot out of them.

I have used all functions of this printer and found them superior to ANY all in one that I have ever used.