View more laptops

HP Notebook PC

Pros

Cons

• Speed/Performance:

My HP has been great and I would recommend to others!

When I was shopping around for a new laptop I accidently found my HP G60 and it has been nothing short of great ever since.  It is light weight, easily to take places, and has all the stadard software for someone like me.  I have recommended HP to others since the purchace of my laptop and 3 people have already purchased and love their own HP laptops.  Setting it up was easy as 1, 2, 3, and although I was a little skeptical about Windows Vista it has turned out to be extremely user friendly, and very nice to look at.  I also opted for the 16 inch screen which was ideal because I can have many windows open at once and not have to click and search through multiple windows.  The battery life is great, and since setting up my wireless network I have had NO issues with connectivity.  This is the perfect laptop for someone who is new to laptops, or the savy techie since HP allows you to build to your own specifications.

By far one of the best if not THE BEST laptop for the money

As an owner of an HP G60-230US Notebook PC, I can honestly say that I believe that I could not have purchased a better laptop for all of my on and offline activities. I also have a great Desktop PC which is my main computer which I use in my home office and contains more of my music, photo and media files, but since I became an owner of this laptop I feel as though I would be lost without it now.

It is great at downoading movies and I can honestly say that I can download most movie files in less than 45 minutes whereas it can take hours to download them on my desktop computer.

I also love the built in Cybercam that I am able to use when talking to my children by Messenger and am able to share photos and other files with them. This laptop contains a CD/DVD burner and lightscribe disc imaging so that you can burn photos directly to the discs you create and this notebook gives me the ability to create my own movies and videos using the Windows Media Player and so much more that I can't mention in one sitting.

When I bought it, the price was higher then, than now, but I would still do it all over again if I had to because I believe that it is the best value for the money that I spent because I can do everything on or offline with my notebood and can take it with me wherever I go and no matter where I go, people are always amazed at the things that I am able to accomplish with it.

With its sleek black laquered cover and silver keys and base it is highly sophisticated looking and also has a very professional look to it. I would highly recommend that if you are in the market for a new laptop, your first choice should be an HP G60-230US NoteBook PC.

2009 Technology is 2009 Technology; Outdated

Comments about HP Notebook PC:

I bought this laptop in January of 2010. I am still using it to type this review as you read. This laptop is average. The webcam has died on me, and the microphone recording is not good at all. At least the functionality is reliable. It at least comes with Windows 7 (64-bit) which I suppose was new technology at the time, but it is not good now with the advent of Windows 8. You see, this is a very bad laptop by today's standards. It is like a brick in your backpack because it's so heavy. 17.3 inches weighs a ton!

• Speed/Performance:

EXCELLENT Battery life & Capabilities!

from Carlsbad, CA

Comments about HP Notebook PC:

I have had this laptop for almost 2 years and I can say that it has absolutely been a trooper! I constantly have this laptop on and plugged in. I also use the laptop on a daily basis and for hours at a time. I am a stay at home mom so my only access to the world is through the internet. Since I have a toddler, having a laptop is the easiest way for me to hang out in her general play area, but be able to get other things done via internet while she enjoys play time. I LOVE to stream videos, or browse videos online, such as on YouTube.com or Hulu.com. The video capabilities are everything I have expected from owning this laptop. The price of this laptop when I originally purchased it was extremely affordable! I couldn't believe I was able to get so much from it, with such a "small" price! The best thing I would recommend about this laptop is having a cooling mat underneath it while in use. I guess it's really just like any other laptop, but this one seems to power off when the battery gets really warm. The only downside I would say about this laptop is that the letters/numbers seem to be rubbing off, or rather the silver paint "around" them is rubbing off, so my N looks really blurry! HUGE plus on this is it's HDMI port!

Hate Hate Hate

from Hereford, TX

Comments about HP Notebook PC:

There are few things in life that I loathe... very few things, but this lap top is one of the. It was awful from about 3 months after we use. This lap top is just for home use nothing to fancy or high tech. Three months after we bought it the motherboard went out. After talking on the phone with someone from India in a langauge I could hardly understand everything on my lap top was wiped out. I had to send my lap top in to hewlett packard and it took about 2 weeks to get it back to me which in this day and time is way to long to be without a computer. I open my computer download everything back on to it and it is fine for about 3 months. It then started acting up again. There is no virus, nothing I have done has messed with the computer. But everything in the hard drive starts to fail again. GUess what.... I loose everything on my lap top again. I would never ever recommend it to anyone. It is now completely dead and nothing can fix it... So mad.

Love My HP G60-235DX Laptop - It is a workhorse!

from Apex, NC

Comments about HP Notebook PC:

I have always bought Dell computers.  I'm not sure why but I did.  I also was always a believer that you need a desktop computer for everyday use and then use a laptop to fill in the gaps when needed.  No more!  My HP G60-235DX Notebook PC has changed my way of thinking.  I have fallen in love with it.  It runs well and has as much if not more guts as a desktop.  The big screen makes it easy to read anything on it.  I love the separate built in keypad.  I use it all the time and I always hated laptops where you had to push a shift key to get a makeshift keypad.  Now that I have my HP I have noticed that I like it better than Dell. The alerts and HP stuff is not as annoying and much more user friendly.  I have found that I now use my HP G60-235DX Notebook PC more often than my desktop.  It is so convenient since when you have kids you have to mobile to keep up. I really have decided to make the switch and will probably be dumping my giant desktop to become a laptop person!  Who knew!!

• Speed/Performance:

This HP Laptop was a good deal for the money.

from Morrisville, PA

Comments about HP Notebook PC:

I bought this product as a christmas present for my daughter. She needed a new laptop for school. I bought it refurbisded from Radio Shack. It has 3 gigs of ram and a 320 gig ard drive so se will ave plenty of room to store things. It comes wit a lot of software installed and a great program for te webcam called Cyberlink ucam. It as a nice smooth feeling and the keyboard types nice. One think I didn't like was when I installed spy sweeper on it I found out it had some adware on it. It was run ning a little slow when I first took it out of the box. If you buy this make sure you do a complete virus and adware and spyware scan. HP has a good maintence program installed on it so you can check everything out. It also comes with Windows 7 which is a great program in itsself. It comes with an HDMI port so you can hook up your HDTV if you have one. It has 3 usb ports so you can hook up all of your favorite hardware. I would recommend this to friends.

• Speed/Performance:

Awesome computer system and company provider!

from Miami, FL

Comments about HP Notebook PC:

Wonderful netbook. At first, I was doubtful because of the width, but I got over it quickly. On a scall of one through five, I'd give it a four. Excellent service provider, keys, screen, and programs.

HP G60-230US Notebook PC is great to take along camping.

from Angola, IN

Comments about HP Notebook PC:

The HP G60-230US is a great computer to take along camping.  It is lightweight, although not as light as you might want for traveling with it.  It has a large 16 inch screen, and is large enough that you have a regular sized keyboard with the numbers at the side.  The memory is large enough that it accomodates the average person's needs.  It has a webcam, and a CD/DVD.  It is also ready for wireless Internet access.  The audio and video aspects of this computer are really great.  It is reasonably quick to download information.  It comes with a 60 day trial version of Microsoft Office.  I am used to using a desktop computer, but this one is so handy.  I have the freedom of going somewhere where there is no electricity, and I can still use my computer. Because the screen is a little larger than many, it is easy on the eyes.  Also, it has an integrated 5 in 1 digital media reader that allows you to share those important photos of the new baby, etc.  Also, it allows easy transfer of files.  If you like to play games, there are a variety of games available to play.  This computer is just a great all around computer that can be used for work and play.

Great laptop at a good price

from Urbandale, IA

Comments about HP Notebook PC:

Love my HP laptop!  It is compact, easy to learn (am not a geek), and has the best keyboard I have ever used. The silver keys have a soft touch yet are securely attached to the laptop.  That became important to me after having 3 (yes three, count 'em) keyboards lose a key from the same brand of very popular, reasonably priced computers.

Not being a geek, just a previously dissatisfied customer of another brand, I really like my HP computer and plan to stick to this brand in the future. What I need is a laptop that works well, is easy to understand, and holds up to daily use. This is it....

Best Laptop for the price!

from East Bridgewater, MA

Comments about HP Notebook PC:

I did a lot of research when I was looking for a new laptop.  I have used many over the years and I have found that HP laptops have out-performed the competition.  I like the fact that I was able to get a 17" monitor with the HP G60-230US Notebook because it makes viewing the screen that much easier.  I needed to get a laptop for my house since my wide and children were tying up my desktop and I didn't have access to a computer until they all went to bed!  So, since I already had a router and could use a laptop on my wireless network, the HP G60-230US Notebook was the logical solution to my access problem.

This HP G60-230US Notebook is easy to set-up and goes any where.  My 14-year old daughter can use it sitting in a chair or sitting on her bed!

The nice features about the HP G60-230US Notebook are that they compliment my desktop and are user-friendly.  That goes a long way since we are not computer techs!

I would recommend the HP G60-230US Notebook to everyone who is in the market for a good, reliable and easy to use laptop!  The Screen really helps with my vision!

Wonderful Laptop

from Aurora, IL

Comments about HP Notebook PC:

I bought my G60 refurbished from Overstock, and I am very happy with it!

Screen is large and bright (even on power save I can read it well on the train.)  Processing speed is good for its generation, graphics are good, and the feel of the keyboard is excellent.

Battery life seems to be fair, but I'm always running a USB device, so I know its sucking down power.  My only real regret is that it's hard drive is a little small.  It seems Im having to constantly manage things off to an external drive.