View more laptops

HP
WQ809UAABA

3.9

I LOVE my mini

I love my HP mini. I had wanted a netbook for a while and my husband decided to give me one. Being the cheapo that I am I would have gone with any brand I just wanted a black one. Luckily my husband knows about technology. He wanted to get me a good one and boy he did.

I love how small and easy it is. I own a 15 inch laptop but seriously just chilling on the couch is not as easy with that. If you want to get up and get something to drink or whatever it is always a procedure with it. With this little guy it is so easy. Put it down, pick it up however often you want.

It does not get hot and it does not have vents on the bottom like big laptops have. It never even really gets hot. The battery seriously lasts forever. When I first used it for the first time I wanted to try it out and it lasted about 8 hours (yes I was on it the whole time). Now that I have had it for a few months I have added a lot of stuff on to it but it still lasts 6 hours.

I took it on a trip and it was soooooooooo much easier than having the big laptop.

Oh and there is a HP suite on it. That means the computer comes on as soon as you turn it on with the HP program. It is like a browser and you are immediately online without even having to start up windows. I use it for example to check the weather for the day on my way out to work when I just have a second and not enough time to start up windows. I love it!

This is certainly the best piece of electronic I have ever owned!

I LOOOOOVE my mini!!!!!

Good if your a leperchaun, which I am not

Last year my best friend started making payments on an HP Laptop.  It was a media center version, and I loved it.  I could walk around the house with it talking on cam with friends, or sit still.  But unfortunately he couldn't afford the payments and we had to send it back.  He already had an HP Netbook he got from Verizon and told me to use that instead, at least it was paid off.  I tried to make the best of it and used a wireless mouse with it.  With the wireless mouse it wasn't too bad for a while.  The webcam first of all, sucked.  The dark plastic layer that went over it made it so so dark I had to crank up the brightness level on the software I used so people could see me.  It was very grainy so if you use skype or any other software (or post videos on youtube, which I do on a regular basis) to do webcam chats with then be very hesistant with getting a netbook.  Why would you want an external webcam?

The processor was weak.  Multitasking wasn't even an equation.  Doing something heavy like streaming a video from it (I do that so an online friend and I can watch the same movie) I had to do from my best friend's PC because it was a no go from the netbook.  I know this is a spare computer but I am trying to give you an idea.  Watching a video, twitter, a heavy download, all at once would eventually crash the thing.  I multitask, and it was getting me cranky during the couple of months I used it.

The screen was, small.  Well obviously it was, I mean you have seen it it's like 1/4 as small as a regular laptop it seems.  I joked and said I wanted to say to family my regular laptop got shrunk in the laundry.  But I digress.  The screen gives you a neck cramp and eye strain after a while.  I felt like I was being punished, and if I complained then I was going to get a lecture.  I can imagine having it just to take to Starbucks to check your email real quick but I just couldn't tolerate it for long.  I love having a full on computer that is portable, and I might sound spoiled but I guess I am.  It's like having a PC you can carry around.  And Netbook is like a poorman's alternative.  The battery lasted about 5 hours I will give it that.  A regular laptop lasts about 1 hour 45 minutes.

I took over my best friends laptop which is an older model of the one I had before.  He got a new laptop, and didn't like how I stole his but he is dealing with it lol.  Hopefully I never have to use a netbook ever again.

Definitely worth the buy!

Comments about HP Mini 110 Netbook PC:

This is a great little computer. It is a bit slow at times but nothing you would not expect from a netbook. My husband is I use it for school and it gets a whole lot of use. My children sometimes ever use it for games and it is incredibly fast for something so small. I can listen to music, chat with friends, and use the internet at the same times which is something I haven't been able to with a mini before without it freezing or crashing. It just does whatever we need it to do and does it quickly and efficiently. It is lightweight and portable. I loved being able to take it where ever I wanted. Unfortunately, the screen was recently destroyed but the computer itself is still great and we just have it hooked up to the TV to watch movies. It is great for that too! I did expect to get so much out of this computer. I have had other netbooks before that did not do half the stuff this one can do! This is the best netbook I have ever purchased and I would buy it again in a second! Buy this computer, it will not disappoint!

• Battery Life:
  • Support & Service:
  • Speed/Performance:

from Crystal Lake, IL

Comments about HP Mini 110 Netbook PC:

We had a bit of a hard time at Christmas time with netbooks. My daughter wanted one and my sister and I wanted to get one for my dad. I found an unbelievable bargain at Overstock.com on a couple and since it was such a great deal I got one for myself as well to act as a back up. Well the good deal was too good to be true as those Netbooks did not work at all. I sent two of them back and since I had already given my dad his I couldn't send it back, but my husband did a lot of work on it and got it to run butter.

That still left my daughter with out a Netbook, finally I found a refurbished HP Netbook Mini 110-3030 for her on line. The price was right so I got it.

This little mini is 10.6 x 7.6 x 1.3 inches and weighs about 3 pounds. It is for the most part black and sleek. It has a 10.1 inch LED backlit screen.

in also features the following:

Intel Atom N450 processor

1 GB Memory & 160 GB Hard Drive

6 Cell battery for up to 6.5 hours of on time

Windows 7 Starter

Wireless N Networking

Web cam with microphone.

My daughter was really happy about the web cam with microphone as she has a good friend who lives several states away and they love talking to each other using their web cams.

it comes complete with built-in wireless LAN, a 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for easy file transfer it is actually impressively fast for a little net book that did not cost a lot of money.

The lap top comes with a 1 year warranty.

The screen is very tiny but it is a mini so you kind of have to expect that, if you have bad vision problems you may want to stick with a lap top. You will have purchase some components separately.

So far so good. We have not had any problems with this netbook. It is nice and portable. It is also very teenager friendly.

Battery Life
6 Cell battery for up to 6.5 hours of on time. Usually get a little less than that, but that is still pretty good.

Support & Service
We really have not had to use support or service for this particular Netbook we have used it for other HP products though and we were satisfied.

Speed/Performance
Considering the small size you would think it would be relatively slow, but it actually has pretty decent speed.

Nice, small and sleek. Also has a built in web cam. Very portable.

Same as any other Netbook of its size. If you drop it will probably break, otherwise it is fine.

• Battery Life:
  • Support & Service:
  • Speed/Performance:

great product

from Roseville, CA

Comments about HP Mini 110 Netbook PC:

I was in the market for a laptop but instead decided that a netbook would better suit me and the Hewlitt Packard mini netbook worked for me. I purchased it and right away started to use it and it works great. The graphics on it are wonderful and the keyboard just the right size. It is reasonably priced as are most netbooks compared th laptops and I am very happy with my decision to get the hp netbook. One huge plu with the hp netbook is the long battery life. It also is very lightweight and easy to take with me which is important because I also have four children to take with me. The hp netbook is easy to use and if you are familiar with using a computer you should have no problem with this product. I might just purchase another one because I am so happy with it. I would definitely recommend the hp mini netbook to anyone looking for a high quality compact computer to take along with them.

Good Netbook for Media and on the Go.

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about HP Mini 110 Netbook PC:

In terms of the physical specs:

My brother had owned the 9" HP netbook, and I just new I needed an upgrade for the screen size to at least 10". The screen itself is really nice to look at, especially for users who do not like the glossy/mirrored affect of many other comparable netbooks. The keyboard is about 92% the size of a full keyboard, but is relatively easy to type on and has a comfortable feel (though this may very from typist to typist). On the down side, the track pad can have a lot of friction and not easy to use unless fingertips are fairly dry. There is also an odd thing to do the placement of the left and right clickers (which can be a bit noisy and awkward).

In terms of the internal specs:

One thing to note is that the Laptop has pretty good sound quality, whether you are listing through headphones or using the actual speakers of the laptop. Battery life is not entirely the best, but I guess that depends on the features you are opting for.

The HP netbook is the most stylish small laptop.

from Rowland Heights, CA

Comments about HP Mini 110 Netbook PC:

I already have a 15" laptop so I wanted to purchase a small 10 inch netbook to bring with me when I go out of town, to friends' houses, to work, visit relatives, etc. One day I went into an electronics store and saw many different 10 inch netbooks side by side, and the HP one stood out the most in terms of design. It looks the most stylish and trendy and high end. So I went home and ordered one online. The netbook does everything you need it to do, exactly like a regular computer or laptop. It's so small, lightweight, compact, and slim. I get compliments on how nice it looks everywhere I go. It's a must have for business people that travel a lot. It doesn't weigh a ton and you can easily carry it on a plane or automobile. Although the screen is on the small side, I am more than willing to trade that out for a unit that doesn't weigh a lot and can be easily transportable. You can just zoom in and zoom out if the pages are too small for you to comfortably view.

Great Netbook but not a replacement for computer - HP mini

from Hartford, MI

Comments about HP Mini 110 Netbook PC:

I was very excited to get a netbook I thought it would replace my aging laptop and become my new computer.  But I do no think that was the intention of the HP mini, to replace home computers.  It is an amazingly powerful machine and is awesome for portability.  The screen is small which makes doing office work challenging, but the portability is well worth the trade off, but not for everyday working.  Also the lack of disk drive makes adding new hardware a little more difficult, but with a little patiences you can work around it.

Battery life is AWESOME.  I love that it will last throughout an entire work day, and for those days you have a lot to do the power cord is equally portable.

Unfortunately my HP mini's hard drive failed a few months in, good news is that HP tech support is very helpful I'm awaiting my fixed HP in a few days.  Just wished I had backed up my files... It's my fault for not backing up my files.

Great overall for its purpose.

Great laptop for travel trips

from Summerville, SC

Comments about HP Mini 110 Netbook PC:

I bought my husband this computer because we already have another HP laptop to share together at home but wanted a 2nd laptop incase his work made him travel and he were to be away from me. The laptop works great for traveling that way he can check his emails and talk to me on there and keep in touch. But for an at home computer, playing games or having several tabs open...  I think that it runs a little slow. I still recommend this laptop though as long as you arent using it as your primary laptop. The battery life does last a good bit though, he says. So this review only gets 4 stars because just because its a small computer doesnt mean that only a few programs should be ran at one time. It definately is easy to travel with because its light, its small and compact, and most of all it is affordable for anyone's budget out there who is looking for a laptop to be on the go with them. HP is the only brand laptop I have every owned!

Pleasantly Surprised

from Vista, CA

Comments about HP Mini 110 Netbook PC:

I inherited this netbook after a reliative decided to upgrade to a larger laptop. Weeks later, they agreed to let me use that laptop as well (i thought i might need a larger, more "professional" one for work)! After using that 17 incher for over a month, I can actually say I am very glad to go back to using the netbook.

You might think it's small size is a negative, but honestly, because its very light, it is easy to pass to friends, use for directions in the car (it happens), and stow it away in a laptop bag, briefcase, or whatever you need.

Because it is small, it doesn't suck as much power, which means it can last longer than other clunky laptops. (although i recommend a wireless netbook mouse, as large pages can be more difficult to navigate.

I use for professionally (good converation piece actually) and for leisure (portable and easy to walk around the house with) and if you already have a desktop computer with a dvd drive, I would buy this all day long. Not long that, but it is very powerful for it's size, is user friendly, has full fledged windows, and I couldn't be happier.

For the price- a decent deal.

from Dorsey, IL

Comments about HP Mini 110 Netbook PC:

I purchased this netbook to take with me when I needed a computer away from the house.  Since I bought It at sam's club, the price was very low.  I'm not very impressed by the windows 7 starter edition that comes with the computer.  You can't change the background, or some other features.  It also doesn't come with any word processing software, except the standard windows word pad.  The speakers produce a muttled and soft sound, which is to be expected from such a small device.  I wish that it would have come with a media card reader to load my photos on.  There is also a webcam above the screen that works ok.  IT can only be used with the hp webcam program as far as I can tell.  This is inconvenient. The mouse takes a few seconds to warm up, but this is no big deal.  The keyboard is also a little small, but can be dealt with.  As far as the internet connectivity goes, I was impressed.  Bottom Line: Not high performance, but not meant to be.

Great little netbook

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about HP Mini 110 Netbook PC:

This netbook is pretty nice.  I am typing this review on it.  This netbook is great for using in the living room or on your bed, since it is very light and small and is easy to move around.  i have a laptop but I also use this netbook for when I'm moving around the house and do not want to lug around a larger laptop.  The processor is decent, and the RAM is alright.  I have read that increasing the RAM to 2 GB will help out with the speed of the computer, but I have not upgraded mine.  Also, putting in a SSD would be beneficial as well.  I just did not feel like putting more money into this thing since it runs fine for me as is.  One complaint is that it comes with Windows 7 starter which really limits you on what you can do with it.  You can't change the background or some other tasks, but it's not that big of a deal.  THe lack of optical drive also makes it harder to re-install the operating system sincey ou have to make a boot disk on a USB drive.  But overall this netbook is great for what it's intended for. Great battery life.