View more laptops

HP Mini 1000 Netbook PC

HP Mini 1000 Netbook PC

4.1

HP MINI keeps you "in touch" wherever you are

I travel frequently for my job.  When driving, I put on about 1200 miles per week.  When flying, I'm spending hours in airports.  I need to check email frequently and reply.  This can be done with a PDA, I know.  But I also day trade stocks.  I tried this on a PDA and I often have to retrace screens I lose in the middle of a transaction.  With such trading, timing can be everything.  I need a full screen on a machine that is more portable than a standard laptop.  Enter the HP Mini.  HOORAY!

Within days of seeing a commercial advertising the HP Mini, I was at the store looking to buy.  The HP Mini was so new and so popular only two remained in stock.  SOLD!  I got my HP Mini and wireless service.  I could not be more pleased.

The machine goes everywhere with me.  When I'm on the road, the HP Mini is on the seat next to me charging up with the cigarette lighter plug-in.  When the market opens at 9:30 am, I can pull off the highway and trade stocks for as long as I need to.  Email checked and I'm on my way again.  In the airport, it is easy to manuever the HP Mini even if I cannot find a seat.  Long battery life - a good 2 hours - along with a quick recharge both keep me going when an outlet is not handy.  Uploads are fast, picture is clear, and sound is super.  Dare I say it?...the HP Mini can even join you in the bathroom to keep your record of time management flawless.

For those who demand all the bells and whistles, you will need to stick with the full size lap tops.  But to perform all the basics of your business day and make all your social connections, the size and convenience of the HP Mini just cannot be beat.

greatr for on the go, bad for standard use

if you are looking for a decent "laptop" then i would not suggest this product. firstly, the one i got came with Windows 7 - but just the Starter version. this means i cannot personalize it whatsoever. i cannot change the wallpaper, sounds or really anything. basically you are stuck with what it comes looking like. i also find this to be way too small for normal use. i suppose it is great for on the go since it is so small and light (making it super portable) but the screen is just so darned small that it is not really good for anything beyond emailing and regular, low-key web surfing. want to play games on this? forget about it. you are going to constantly be scrolling and seeing the entire game screen at once is impossible. i also found this computer to be VERY slow for games. it lags like crazy. i do not know if this is due to the Atom processor or the computer as a whole. another thing i was disappointed in is the fact that there is no cd-rom drive. so forget about watching DVD's or installing software. all in all, if you are looking for a lightweight computer for business travel then i guess this would be acceptable, but i would not rely on it for everyday home use.

It's Not The Best

from Honolulu, HI

Comments about HP Mini 1000 Netbook PC:

The thing is about the netbook is that it's super small and it makes the computer heat very high but very fast. The screen is somewhat to small because some programs do not work. I dont blame it for having no CD drive or VGA cable because it is a netbook - meant for portability and weight.

Great things come is small packages

from La Vergne, TN

Comments about HP Mini 1000 Netbook PC:

I have had my net book since December. I love it. it is affordable, and meets my needs. Great for internet users.

Why I love my netbook - Its small so I travel with it on almost all my trips. great in airports. it's great for when I'm cooking and need a recipes. I love being able to sit in front of the TV and be on facebook at the same time. it fast and easy to carry around, it fits in a potable car DVD player case. one of the selling points was that is comes with window XP and not vista. my husband and I don't like vista.

One thing that you will have to get use to is it is so small that it does not come with a CD drive.

I love my Mini 1000 Netbook

from Medina, OH

Comments about HP Mini 1000 Netbook PC:

I bought the mini 1000 HP netbook pc for when I am traveling or working away from home and I love it. It is an excellent way for me to have my computer with me without having to worry about storage or carrying a heavy notebook computer around. For the size of the computer the battery is powerhouse. I was able to work and use the internet on my flight from Ohio to New York without a problem.

I cannot sugarcoat it though, the computer is not perfect. If you are a gamer or want a computer with a high amount of specs you are going to be dissapointed, but if you are looking for a device for typing or internet use than you are going to love this computer. The size of the hardrive makes it so you do not need to worry about space. I was able to save all my work programs and had alot of space to spare.

The low cost of this computer definitely makes it worth it. I can now travel all across the country and it feels like I am not even carrying a computer.

really great

from Beaver Dam, WI

Comments about HP Mini 1000 Netbook PC:

We bought this to use when we were driving over the road in a semi and it worked awesome. connected wirelessly with no problems. This laptop is by far one of the best we have ever had. And would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a small but great performance computer.

A Good Computer for the Basic Home User

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about HP Mini 1000 Netbook PC:

The HP Mini 1000 is a good computer for the everyday at-home user.  While, like most laptops, it is not made to be used for any serious gaming, it can easily handle most online tasks such as browsing Facebook or Youtube.

One down point to this computer is that there is a bad glare on the screen when it is in sunlight, while this is an annoying and sometimes aggrivating issue, anti-glare screens for laptops could always be bought on another online site for a relatively cheap price.  Another issue with this laptop is the fact that there are only 2 USB ports.  While this may be enough for some people, it can be an issue if you need to plug a number of different things.

Although those two downsides are a major issue, I must say that the battery life is nice on this computer, almost lasting for three hours on a single charge.

Overall, this computer is very good and well priced for most people, although in need of some minor consumer alterations.

The HP Mini 100 is my new best friend

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about HP Mini 1000 Netbook PC:

I love the HP Mini 100.  I can put it in my pocketbook and I always get stares (some envious!) when I pull it out to use it. Since i have built in wireless broadband, I can and do surf anywhere, from Starbucks to on the bus.

I would give the HP Mini 1 a 10 0f 10 stars but for one problem. I am having a very difficult time with the built in speakers.  After the first month, they started sounding very squeaky and now I cant hear any music at all.  I have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling the IDT audio drivers, lately this has been every day.  I am most definitely NOT happy about that as i am a big smooth jazz lover and am unable to play the music.

I was going to send this laptop back but I will just buy another one and give this one away.  Other than the sucky speakers, this laptop is a dream come true.  Who would have thought that I carry more computing power in my purse less than 10 years ago, would have come in a very large desktop!

Hp Mini 1000 series. Not worth the money you pay for this.

from Eagle Bridge, NY

Comments about HP Mini 1000 Netbook PC:

Truly a waste of money. My seventeen year old has only had for six months and already some screws fell out of hinge, and the operating system has to be the restored. There is no cd or dvd drive for these machines so restoring windows involves downloading it from another computer onto a flash drive to restore it to the machine. Customer service was of no help they cant take it in for repair if the operating system isnt restored. Truly these are nothing more than a large IPOD and not a very good ipod either. Comes with 16 gb hard drive but the os takes most of that leaving you about 3 gb of space. Not alot of room for what my daughters purposes for it was. These are good however if all you want to do is chat on facebook or email someone. I do not recommend these for anyone wanting to do more than that. No good for small children as they seem to be very fragile. The keyboard isnt large enough for an older person either.

HP mini 1000 goes everywhere with ease.

from Shelley, ID

Comments about HP Mini 1000 Netbook PC:

When Verizion offered a laptop my children and I jumped right on to getting one.  HP mini 1000 is the laptop that verizion chose over anyother brand.  I can see why this model was chosen.  It has everything one needs and is light and easy to carry around.  With verizon's internet access being available where ever there is phone service, this little gem of technology is always at my fingertips.  Though it is small the screen is large enougn to see what you need to see. Sometimes I have to adjust the magnification. I usually use it at 75%. The built-in mouse pad is very sensitive and feels good under the thumb or the finger.  I like the the charger cord clicks into its port and has a semi-lock to it.  It is much more stable that way and since that part of a laptop is often the first to wear out, this is very smart of HP.  I also like the switch to turn on being a slide one and being small and on the front. This eliminates accidental turn offs. It sleeps well and if it is accidently shut down it saves any files that were open. It is a good buy.

This little netbook holds a lot of punch.

from Westminster, CO

Comments about HP Mini 1000 Netbook PC:

I used this computer when I began college as a computer programer. It served me well and it was a lot better than the computers they offered to use. Its pretty light and has good battery life. I'd use it for my everyday internet usage.

greatr for on the go, bad for standard use