View more laptops

HP G62 Notebook PC

Pros

Cons

bang for your buck

this laptop delivers in all sections form ease of use for the beginner to the vast amount of processing capacity is able to put out in high amounts. easily work with multiple operating systems via live disk VM Ware, or dual boot,  built in wi fi antena, this hp offers active scanning the first moment you turn the computer on.comes with wondows 7 which is the most awsome operating system to hit the rock since 95( i f'ng loved 95!!!) bult tough, i have droped mine several times and have incured no damages to my hp g series 62 to date. you can (out of the box) use this computer with out touching it (aside navigating to the control panel option). the hp g62 note book pc takes computing back to bacis on a high tech level while maintaining simplicity.  this is a computer i can give to my granny ( its not frustrating) or my kids (its simple enough to use) and with the price you cant beat it.hp really raised the baar on this one asuring the worl that they are a computer power to be reconed with

over time this has turrned into a positive product purchase, i recomend this model as a great bridge from beginner to the advanced user.

went bad on me in less than a year as did the converter :(

top notch!!!

Speed/Performance
no complaints here, does all i need it to and then some.

simplelified and eligant

funny thing is ive dropped this product several times and it still works just as wel as the day i bought it.

I will never buy from HP again!!

I own a Hewlett Packard laptop and I've had man problems with it since I bought in in Feb, 2010. Ive had to call tech support many times. Each time taking about 1 day or so. I just recently had to ship my laptop back to HP for repair. I had to wait 3 weeks to get it back and it still is not working properly. I had to pay for the shipping! I will never buy anything from HP again!

Pretty sweet computer

Comments about HP G62 Notebook PC:

This is a great computer for any of your needs. The nice large screen allows you to have several windows open and great for watching movies and television shows. Another awesome thing about this computer is the ease of replacing the monitor. My computer fell off of a shelf one time and landed upside down on the hardwood floor. The monitor cracked and therefore needed to be replaced. I ordered a replacement monitor and simply popped it in. It really was a breeze to replace compared to other laptops. I have had no other issues with this computer and have really enjoyed using it for the past few years. I would recommend it to anyone in the market for a laptop.

Good deal, good laptop.

from Albany, CA

Comments about HP G62 Notebook PC:

Overall, I really like this laptop. It works great for the everyday tasks such as surfing the net, watching videos, and normal gaming; It is however not the laptop for you if you are planning on using it for heavy gaming. For me, it was the laptop I was looking for because it fit my needs. The pricing is pretty reasonable for what you get also. Like almost all the other laptops out now, it has a built in camera of pretty decent quality. I also like the look and design of it. The speakers enable very clear sound and the weight is pretty decent for portability. Would recommend this laptop - a good value and perfect for everyday use.

• Speed/Performance:

Decent, easy to use laptop for a good price.

from Bangor, WI

Good, sturdy laptop.

Very easy to use.

Battery Life
Fairly decent battery life. Lasts around a couple hours unplugged.

Fair.

Speed/Performance
Generally fast performance. No major speed issues.

The gray paint tends to wear an scratch off very easy. The mousepad on mine is already very worn after less than a year of use.

Seems to be very durable.

bang for your buck

from Mayo, FL

went bad on me in less than a year as did the converter :(

top notch!!!

Speed/Performance
no complaints here, does all i need it to and then some.

simplelified and eligant

• Speed/Performance:

A laptop that surpasis your basic laptop (but with a few problem

from 6047

Comments about HP G62 Notebook PC:

This laptop is a best friend like many say! i love it and it practilly goes everywhere that i go! The screen is clear and crisp, it has windows 7, comes with a good VISION AMD, and can connect to internet quickly.

THough i must admit...there are some downfalls to this computer. I myself am also a gamer. When i first began playing games on my laptop they where quick and responsive. but over time they began to drop DRASTICLY in frame rate. The buttons on my keyboard began falling apart and falling off. and opening the lip for about the 700th time causes it to completely stick and possibly brake!

But just ignor all those cons i listed because the pros REEEALLY OUTWEIGHT THIS BEAUTY! if ur looking for a laptop with a low price then...BUT THIS :D

like i said its reeally easiy to manuver.

Battery Life
ok the battery life on this thing i gotta admit is a peice of crap....it wont stay alive for one full hour without being connected to the charger.

Support & Service
Ive never used another laptop that provides better support and service and half of it dosent even require the internet.

Speed/Performance
It has as much performance as ur avarege WINDOWS 7 laptop.

i only give this a poor because of the keys falling off..

i do agree wit my rating for this one because keys constily faling off. lid sticking, mouse sticking.

Hp g62 - decent laptop for the price

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about HP G62 Notebook PC:

I had this laptop for about 4 months now. Its reliable doesnt heat that badly and the fan is relatively quiet. It seems as though it could take some damage too, i dropped it once and it was completely and perfectly fine. it had nice battery life (about 6-8 hours when you first get it) and it looks pretty sick (some peopel complain about the design but i htink it looks sexy) it has three usb ports which is the standard,i REALLY like the fact that is is hd capable. I put this laptop through a lot of gaming and its holding up pretty well, although, as with all laptops you should not be playing hardcore games on them. One annoying feature is, as hp tries to follow apple, they set all the function keys to the FN status and in order to use, f1, f2, f3 you have to hold fn. IN order to change that you have to go to the system set up and change that manually. For a person like me who uses shift+f4 a lot this was quite annoying. At time when running on battery, there are times when you cant change brightness for some reason, but i assume thats cuz i overclocked my laptop

outstanding functions on this notebook!

from Coaldale, CO

Comments about HP G62 Notebook PC:

The HP G62 Notebook PC is definitely a great laptop for anyone who is looking for lots of options as a student or just someone who loves technology!  I have had this laptop as a student for about a year and I cannot complain one bit.  The HP customer service has been great for me with both this laptop and other previous models I have owned.  I have had bad experiences with toshiba, which caused me to switch to HP, and paying extra for the same spec computers is definitely worth it!  THis computer has a 500 gb hard drive which will support many of your basic functioning programs, and still have lots of memory for additional music, games, and pictures that you want to load on your computer without slowing down the processing speed.  This HP model also comes with a built in webcam so you are able to communicate with others easily via skype or other networks.  It comes with windows 7 preloaded as the operating system, and I have had no issues with that as of right now!

I will never buy from HP again!!

from Hartford, CT

I trust Hp

from Moberly, MO

Comments about HP G62 Notebook PC:

I bought this Hp laptop a few months ago and I have nothing bad to say about Hp. It has a built in webcam, it runs better than other brands I've used. You can easily customize how the background and the bar at the bottom of the screen looks. You can also easily arrange the icons on the background. I love how I can change the sounds and set up my own themes. It is currently running with windows 7 which is fabulous. It is slightly bulky and slighly heavy than what I expected. It is definately a brand I would suggest you try out. I know that there are a lot of people who have certain brands they like than others. I don't blame them for being a little biased. This is the first time I've used an Hp product and I'm very impressed for the way it runs smoothly, the way I can set things up, for all the features it has like the webcam and being able to use it the way I want. The webcam i love but it can seem kind of fuzzy the mega pixels is slightly lower than what I would expect but it does do a good job of taking the pictures you want for profile pictures.

my G62 is my best friend

from Spring Hope, NC

Comments about HP G62 Notebook PC:

last year i decided to purchase a laptop. After a long search, I finally found "my laptop".this little marvel is all that i could hope for. It is easy to pack up and easy to use. When ever I travel I have it sitting on a board across my lap. I can play games or pop in a movie to watch. I had no real computer skills before this purchase . After a few lessons from my family I can do most anything. The keyboard is really perfect to use. My hands do not get tired or cramped from long periods of typing on it. I really love this machine. I use a wireless mouse with it because it is better for me.