View more inkjet printers

HP Deskjet D1520 InkJet Printer

HP Deskjet D1520 InkJet Printer

3.9

The Hp Deskjet D1520 is small, well priced and great for the job

I just bought this printer for my son who is in college. He has limited space in his room so after searching Walmart.com for small printers, we found this one, the Hp Deskjet D1520. Reading the reviews was a must and helped me with my decision.. We got it home and noticed how super fast and easy it was to set up; it took about less than 15 minutes to unpack and set up the CD and print the test page. I think this will be a fantastic tool for his school work.papers that until now he had to get from the library. Yes, it was rather bothersome to have to buy two parts not included and spend more money and time looking for them in the store. But I suppose that is what makes this printer the price range it is. If small and stylish with no complicatons is your goal.....get one

Has the basic printing qualities that a printer should have.

This printer is very lightweight and is fast and easy to use for its printing qualities. This printer is not as great, but if you would only need to print out documents or pictures from your computer, then this would be a good printer for you. It has good quality of ink and it prints out fast. It has a USB port (not the kind that you can put a flash drive into) in the back as well as where the power cord is. You lift up the top cover to insert paper. Some of the cons about this product is that you cannot make copies, scans, or place a flash drive into the printer. It has a simple printing process and it is made simple, but the quality of the ink of this printer is less fuzzy and the printer works well. It has very few buttons and two types of ink cartridges: black and color. As for the power button, it is probably no larger than the protective shell of your pinky and it is located on the bottom left side of the printer. This printer is good for someone that likes simplicity.

The Hewlett Packard Deskjet D1520 is reliable and easy to use.

from 472031002

Comments about HP Deskjet D1520 InkJet Printer:

I've had several printers in my time but I must say that the one my son bought me last Christmas the " Hewlett Packard Deskjet D1520 " is the one I like the best. It's fast it's a color printer or if you prefer you can just leave out the color cartridge and print in black and white. If you don't really need to be in color then you can save a bit of cash.

Also its small and lite. This makes for easy moving. If your like me you get booted around from one room to another. The Hewlett Packard Deskjet D1520 makes this a simple task. And the price is right, take it from me. My son paid for it and he's a cheapskate. You can't beat this deal with a stick.

Hewlett Packard is Number 1 in printers.

Cheap good-quality printer

from Amityville, NY

Comments about HP Deskjet D1520 InkJet Printer:

I have long been a fan of Hewlett-Packard printers. The second printer I had ever owned in my life was a Hewlett-Packard. One of the reasons I really like this brand of printer is paper feeder. It is one of the few printers whose paper feeders are available from the front. This makes it easy to put on a shelf. I have found with other printers, like Epson, most of their printers are top loaders. I have a problem putting these printers in tight spaces. This isn't an issue with this printer. This printer is cheap, fast, and has the ability to make excellent printouts. While color printouts may take a while to Prince, the quality is highly acceptable. I mainly use this printer for printing Word documents. I usually do this in draft mode. Ink is very expensive. I have looked for alternative printers with cheaper inks. While I do love this printer, I may look at Kodak printers in the future due to their cheaper ink.

Great printer for the price

from Youngstown, OH

Comments about HP Deskjet D1520 InkJet Printer:

This is a classic design for a personal printer that utilizes an USB interface with fast and accurate printing.  Print quality is top notch when used with a genuite HP black or color ink cartridge.  This device never jams and is very sleek and portable and you hardly notice it on my computer desk due to its flashy and contemporary design.  The speed of the pages being printed is lightening fast and the tray definately holds enough paper.  I have used this device to price christmas cards on envelopes and is still prone to smudgin ink on the return address area of the envelope which is a feeder issue I have experience on other HP home deskjet printers that I have used in the past.  Overall I say this is an excellent product for the price and users will not be dissapointed.  I also have shared this device across my network and prints seamlessly from my laptop in my basement iwth no problems at all!

HP is the best everyday printer

from Saint Johns, AZ

Comments about HP Deskjet D1520 InkJet Printer:

This is the best for everyday use.  Avid copon person so use it to print lots of coupons.  Ink is very reasonable,  Works well, haven't had any problems with it, doesn't jam paper,  Just good all around printer.

Adverse Household Conditions Didn't Stop the HP Deskjet 1520

from Bremond, TX

Comments about HP Deskjet D1520 InkJet Printer:

We have two household conditions to faze a printer -- dust and cats. The HP Deskjet 1520 laughs at both, thank goodness. My husband and I are both writers and we depend on a printer to do its job when needed.

I can't decide which of the two hazards are the worst, so I'll write them in alphabetical order.

Let's start with cats. Printers warm slightly when used and cats will drape themselves on top of the HP during the winter. Smiling,the cat goes to sleep on this very sturdily built printer. One of the cats successfully took a nap on the paper tray. I was certain we were headed for disaster, but the tray held firm. Fortunatly sturdy, because our cats are hefty creatures. Printers make noises when they operate; fascinating sounds to investigate when you're a cat. The paper continues to feed through as a curious cat tries to trap it, the movement adds to the thrill begun by the noise.

The dust problem here is terrible. Sugar Sand whips into the air when the wind blows. Dusting the outside of the HP keeps us busy, but a blast of air every two weekscleans out its insides. It keeps on printing merrily away.

The HP Deskjet 1520 is cat and dust proof, and one of a writer's best friends.

A great compact printer!

from Savannah, GA

Comments about HP Deskjet D1520 InkJet Printer:

This printer gets the jobs done and does not take up too much room. It prints fast and can use color and black ink. Sure it doesn't have a scanner/ copier included, but if you just want a simple printer for a great price, this is the one for you.

low cost and reliable

from Pittsfield, ME

Comments about HP Deskjet D1520 InkJet Printer:

I have owned to of the HP Deskjet D1520 and overall had very good luck with them. It prints in either black and white or color. It uses two seperate cartridges, either the HP 22 (color) or HP 21 (B and W). There is a place to hold both of them. There are generic cartridges, but the HP brands seem to last a bit longer. It is quite reliable. If I do get a paper jam I caused by myself,it is easy to pull out and fix. The black and white print quality is very good. The color quality is fair to good. Gets me by for my needs and should for most users. It is quite portable. Cartridge usage is probably average. I use to have a Canon model and it seems to be on par with it. The cartridge replacement costs are a bit high, but they all are. Probably about average cost here also. I would by another one as a replacement. The HP D 1520 is a loyal budget workhorse.To summarize, a good buy for anyone on a budget.

jams constantly

from Fremont, CA

Comments about HP Deskjet D1520 InkJet Printer:

Even though the **HP Deskjet D1520 InkJet Printer** is on the cheaper end of the HP printer line, I cannot recommend it since it is hardly even capable of doing its job. I really have had terrible luck with all three of the HP printers that I have ever owned, yet my dad continues to purchase HP products. The deskjet constantly jams and sucks up huge wads of paper if you keep your paper tray loaded. As with another HP printer that I have, I now have to print all of my document page by page to prevent the printer from jamming. Sometimes, if I even have two sheets of paper in the paper tray, it will suck up one piece of paper, start printing on it and then suck up the other piece of paper from the tray in the middle of the print job and print the second half the document on that sheet of paper. I end up with half of my document on each sheet of paper. Extremely frustrating. Stay away from this printer!

Good for the price

from Aurora, IN

Comments about HP Deskjet D1520 InkJet Printer:

My boyfriend and myself purchased this printer about two years ago. This printer was on sale when we purchased it and it has never given me or anyone else in my family any problems what so ever. The ink is a little on the pricey side but it does seem to last for three or four months at a time...and I do print an awful lot...mainly coupons. :)  All in all though the hp deskjet D1520 is a wonderful buy for the money. It came with extremely clear and precise instructions and was a breeze to "hook up" to our computer. I'm sure there are other printers out there that offer cheaper printer ink. The only problem we had with that was the cost up front for a more expensive printer. So if you are in the same boat that my family was where the money was tight I'd suggest buying any of the HP Deskjet series because it has really worked extremely well for my boyfirend, myself and our 3 daughters and their printing needs.

It was cheap, but is sometimes quirky.

from Ogden, UT

Comments about HP Deskjet D1520 InkJet Printer:

We bought this printer looking to save money.  We saved money, but we got what we paid for.  This printer has a very touchy paper feed that is constantly giving us head aches.  The only reasons we put up with it?  a)  We can't afford to replace it yet.  b)  We honestly and thankfully don't print very often.