View more all in one printers

3.9
Other All-In-One Printers:
HP
F4440
HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer

HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer

3.9

The HP Deskjet F440 is a great budget All-In-One printer.

The HP Deskjet F440 is a great budget All-In-One printer. The ink cartridges are inexpensive and come in two sizes to better suit your individual needs. Also, there are only two ink cartridges to deal with. Also, when installing new cartridges, the printer prints a calibration page to adjust the print heads for best picture quality. The copy function does both color photos and black and white documents with the push of a button. This printer can make borderless pictures that are crystal clear and look as though they are from a more expensive printer. Printing is very quick with very little time spent waiting. The printer is Energy Star compliant and uses very little energy on standby.

On the negative side, I have not been able to use some of the features yet because the program is very difficult to work with. I was unable to install the HP software, but was able to use the drivers on the disc for the printer. To this day, the scanner is useless because of HP's software... Great printer, bad software.

HP Photosmart C4440 All In One Printer/Copier/Scanner

This printer became available in 2008 so it is a little dated but it is still a fairly decent all in one.

Some specs: Printer/Scanner/Copier, color - ink-jet,...Read complete review

Some specs: Printer/Scanner/Copier, color - ink-jet, copying up to: 30 ppm (mono) and 23 ppm (color), printing up to: 30 ppm (mono) / 23 ppm (color), 100 sheets, and Hi-Speed USB.

The good: While there are better units out there, this one should meet most standard household needs and do it nicely. The color you get when printing pictures, on photo paper, is sharp and vivid, when printing on standard paper you do of course lose some of that quality as standard printer paper is not optimized for photo printing. When printing text and using the "Fast Draft" mode, it is indeed very fast. As a matter of fact I highly recommend using the block guard on the paper feed or on "Fast Draft" mode your pages will literally come flying off the deck. This is a plus however, as it gets the job done quicly and efficiently, and with the tray guard you won't have the flying sheet problem. The printer also has two built in media reader slots, one for MS/DUO and another for SD-XD-MMC. This makes transferring your images from a digital camera a breeze if you are using memory cards. I found this printer to be invaluable as my job requires me to take digital photos and upload them to my work site. The software is fairly simple to use, and the scanning quality is nice. Energy Star Rated!

The bad: This printer eats ink rather badly. While printing in normal mode for black and white, you may be lucky to squeeze 50 sheets out of the ink cartridge. Color also seems to get consumed quickly but I have found that to be the case in all ink jet printers. If you print all your black and white/text stuff in "Fast Draft" mode you lose some quality but you extend the life of your black ink by quite a bit. The ink is also a little pricey so I highly suggest shopping around, you can find some very good deals out there. Another bad mark isn't against the printer itself but against its software. It can be quite glitchy at times, including a bug a lot of people seem to get that will slow down their computer while the unit is in operation. I myself have never experienced this bug, but I do know some people that have, but I also built my own rather nice custom PC. Those with slower/older computers may have to watch out for this one.

All in all I would still reommend this printer if you are not anticipating heavy useage on a small ink budget.

HP Photosmart C4440 All In One Printer/Copier/Scanner

from Norton, KS

Comments about HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer:

HP Photosmart All-in-one C4440 is an awesome printer!

from Reading, PA

Comments about HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer:

This Photosmart All-in-one is my 3rd HP printer and the best one yet!  The set up was easy, changing ink cartridges is a breeze, and one cartridge lasts a long time.  The copies are clear and crisp, and scanning is quick and easy.

The HP Photosmart c4440 is easy and reliable

from Saranac, NY

Comments about HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer:

The HP Photosmart c4440 is easy to set up, easy to use and easy to find ink for both locally and online.  It scans documents at the touch of  a button and configures easily with both desktop and laptop.  Makes bright and vibrant copies.  Prints well on both plain and glossy paper.

Awesome print quality and great price

from Apopka, FL

Comments about HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer:

****************I love this printer. I could not believe the photo prints it made. I always thought printing photos at home was a waist of ink, not any more the quality is great and the cost is affordable. What more could you ask for.*******************

The best all in one printer out there!

from Mayslick, KY

Comments about HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer:

I love the Hewlett Packard all in one photosmart c4440 printer. It is so easy to use and prints and copies in bright   beautiful colors. I have made copies of photos and they look just as good as the original. I use mine alot . Whether it's  printing photos or scanning and saving images  to use on different sites like vp  or just printing email. Mine Gets its workout.

Great for the price

from Lexington, KY

Comments about HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer:

I have been an HP customer for as long as I can remember. A few years ago, I was given a Canon printer for my brithday and figured I would use it until it broke which happened. I was in dire need to print a lot of paper and found the HP Desktop F4440 All in One Printer on clearance for a very reasonable price so I decided to go ahead and purchase it. I figured if worse came to worse I could return it.

I was suprised to find that this printer was actually pretty good considering the price I paid for it. This printer is fast and veryuser friendly which makes it even easier to use. Since it's an all in one - it is able to everything I want it to do and more!

The only downside of this printer is that is does not offer a wireless print hook up. I have not yet experinced a printer with this capability yet but imagine it is very helpful Although, I knew when I bought this printer that is di not offer it.

I would recommend this other since it is a great value and a good printer.

HP Deskjet F4440 good for working at home

from Greer, SC

Comments about HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer:

I use an HP Deskjet F4400 all-in-one printer for work I do out of the house and find it meets all my needs required to do my job.  This printer has the ability to make black and white as well as colored copies, it scans, and prints.  It is very straight forward to operate and the controls are intuitive.

The main drawbacks I've found with this printer are the footprint, the fact that it is an ink-jet (as opposed to laser), and the lid interfering when trying to scan a page in a thick book.  If you are considering purchasing this printer, you will want to consider your workspace set-up and see if you have the area to store it.  I've had trouble getting a good scan of a page within a thick book due to the direction of the scan relative to the side in which the lid hinges.

Although it is an ink-jet, I have been impressed at how long the ink cartridges have lasted (considering the ones that come with a printer generally have very little ink in them).

Depending on what your uses are and if the above weaknesses aren't problems for you, I recommend this printer.

The HP Deskjet F4440 jams alot.

from Vallejo, CA

Comments about HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer:

We received our HP Deskjet F4440 as a Christmas present. It was a nice thought but probably a really good deal. Though the size is perfect for the area we have to put it in at the present time, the printer gets jammed quite often and removing the "misfeed" can be a pain. The back door is not the easiest to remove, but does seem to pop right back on.

On the upside, the color quality is actually pretty good when the documents finally print and once it gets going the printing itself is pretty quick. The copying and scanning is also a good quality. The program that was able to be downloaded with the deskjet is pretty good as well, it does come in quite useful when assisting with the "misfeeds".

My final review on the HP Deskjet F4440 would be that it is alright if you do minimal printing and aren't trying to run a printing business from home. On a day-to-day basis it gets the job done and prints pretty good. Hope this review is useful for someone!

hip and happening

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer:

The hp jetset is flying over in some Real Simple accessory to the mind...i have proof that i exhist and access to all those memories that were in boxes and sobs...If  you are cocidering committing photos to a disk that task alone would make this a worthy purchse and for aestetic reasons, too it seems to have alit with some penache'...

Hewlett Packard is by far the best printer I have ever owned.

from Bishop, TX

Comments about HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer:

I was amazed at how fast the printer went. Compared to previous printers that I have owned, it was amazing. No waiting, it immediately picked up what it was supposed to print and started right away.

Loading the print drivers was a siimple task that took very little time. Getting the printer to operate the first time took less than a half an hour. Instructions were simple and easy to understand.

I was happy to see that there was a new USB port wire included with the machine, even though it was not documented as being there on the box. It printed a test page & then told me to scan it, making its own fine tuning.

I love that it tells me both on screen and on the machine what the ink levels are, although they are not completely accurate. I gives me the option of printing on different size papers and also photo paper. I have not printed on any envelopes yet, but I am looking forward to using that option.