View more all in one printers

3.8
Other All-In-One Printers:
HP
F4280
HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer

HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer

3.8

Very Satisfied with my HP F4280

The HP F4280 is an extremely affordable all-in-one printer. I use this printer primarily for school papers and for that purpose it is all I need. I did try printing some Adobe Illustrator files that I made and it used a lot of color ink, but I believe that was on the best quality option. After that, I really haven't tried printing any other color pictures because ink replacements are so expensive these days. So I use it mainly for printing papers, syllabuses, short stories, pdfs, and other text documents. The black ink cartridges seem to last long and the draft quality looks very good compared to the best quality option. The printer prints papers pretty fast and is fairly quiet as well. The included software do a good job of illustrating current ink levels as well as having links to purchase replacements. The scanner works great for me as well. I can scan papers and upload them to the computer and they look great. The included software also has many useful features and customization options for scanning things. For an enthusiast, you might want a printer that is more efficient at printing color, but for a college student like myself, it is all I could ask for.

A Disappointing Product From the Usually Dependable HP Family

My initial excitement at finding a reasonably affordable all-in-one printer quickly turned to disappointment as the HP DeskJet F4280 lacks the dependability and durability usually associated with HP products.

This Deskjet offers...Read complete review

This Deskjet offers Printer-Scanner-Copier, including two-sided printing, a rare feature on a modestly prized Deskjet. However, the error messages began quickly with an ongoing alignment issue for the scanner that was never resolved.

On the flip side, this printer does offer reasonably clear print quality and the speed is certainly acceptable for a modestly priced printer. Though, as is seemingly true for most HP printers, the print cartridge seem to run dry fairly quickly and are on the high end of ink for most printer products these days.

Most disappointingly, within a 6 week period of purchasing the product and using it only mildly, the printer stopped printing and began sending erroneous error messages such as "out of paper" when the printer was clearly not out of paper.

Clearly, HP was simply trying to fill a void in the low-end business market by offering this flimsy, delicate machine. Unfortunately, the reasonable price doesn't make up for the fact that a mere 6 weeks later I'll have to buy another printer.

A huge disappointment.

This Printer Really Can Do It All

Comments about HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer:

I feel like I have used this printer for any possible printing job. I have scanned work documents, scanned and printed pictures, and just printed normal word processing documents. I have been extremely pleased with its performance in scanning as well as printing. I feel like its image printing isn’t as strong as advertised; pictures still come out looking like they were printed from a printer, rather than professionally printed.

Another attribute of the printer that I have really enjoyed is its detachable cover for the scanner. This has really come in handy when scanning something from a book, or anything else that isn’t perfectly even. It detaches slightly so you can fit the scanned item on, as well as keep the cover on the scanner.

I have also appreciated how easy it is to align the cartridges once a new one is installed. You just install the cartridges through a front panel on the printer and align them using the printer’s scan option. It is very simple and straight-forward.

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

A Disappointing Product From the Usually Dependable HP Family

from Indianapolis, IN

A huge disappointment.

A Real Bargain

from Ringgold, GA

Comments about HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer:

I love this HP Deskjet printer! I have had it for several years and it was very inexpensive and works as good as the day that I brought it home from the store. It works great and has never given me any problems!I have spent a lot of money on printers over the years and this printer is the only one that has actually lasted and it was the most reasonably priced printer I have ever bought.

The printer is very user friendly, the ink lasts a long time and the printer is very durable. I print a lot of coupons and emails and have made copies on this. This printer has been used a lot and still works as perfectly as the day that we bought it.

If you are looking for a printer for your home just to preform every day tasks I would highly recommend this printer to everyone. In a world where things don't last that long this printer will last you for a long time. It is a super great value for the money!.

HP Deskjet F4280 Prints okay, guzzles ink

from Knoxville, IA

Comments about HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer:

I received this printer free with the desktop computer system I purchased, and it works about as well as one would expect a free printer to cost. Translation: not real great. It prints quickly enough, it scans well, it's very user friendly, and the ink is quite affordable, but that's about all the good I can say about it. The print quality, even on "best" quality, is simply mediocre. I have mine set to print on Fast Draft (low quality) to save ink, but even then I go through a lot more ink than I did with my previous printer (Canon). The quality in fast draft is very subpar, and many times has lines through it, almost like "blips" in the transmission. I've tried cleaning the print heads (using the printer's clean function) and aligning the print head, all to no avail.

I would not recommend this printer.

Overall Good Printer

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer:

The HP Deskjet F4280 is an all-in-one printer: from scanning, to copying, to high-quality printing, this printer will be able to take care of your family's needs.

I personally found this printer to be very good. The print quality was very good, copying and scanning also work well, and works well on our computer network. Also compatible with Windows 7.

The only problem I have with the printer is the ink. Although it lasts a while, when it's time to buy more you may feel it in your wallet. Worth it, though, over other printers, since the print quality seems better than other printers I have used in the past decade or so.

Overall, if you are looking for an all-in-one solution for you home or home office, this is one printer you might want to consider.

Good, Quality printer

from Kuna, ID

Comments about HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer:

I bought this printer a little less than a year ago to replace my All-in-One. I was looking for something simple that made photocopies and had a decent scanner. I knew nothing about this printer, other than what I could read on the box at the store. It seemed to be what I needed and the price was right. Overall, it has done the job that I needed it to. I am really happy with the scanner. It is pretty fast and the quality is good. The printer does a fine job printing for what I need. I don't print a lot, just a few things here and there. I do wish that the ink lasted a little longer. I seem to be buying replacement cartidges a lot. The printer isn't too big and bulky. The paper feed tray does seem a bit flimsy, but I like that you can tuck it away until you need it. Ultimately it does the job and I would not hesitate to recommend it to my friends and family. Another quality product from HP.

Very slow HP printer

from Inglewood, CA

Comments about HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer:

I had an hp printer already it was a simple printer given in my hp bundle in expensive and I wanted a scanner and an all in one hp printer on sale for around 40 bucks. I decided to buy it and when I got home I decided I would only use it as a scanner or copier not as a printer. Compared to the simpler hp printer I have it is relatively slow and jams way too much. Sometimes I have to reboot because when I print a file that has alot of memory the printer has taken up to seven minutes to respond and it was just printing one page. I now just use my printer as a scanner and copier but as a printer I rely on my simpler HP printer to get the job done. I am a college student and I need to print many files out of print paper and I do not have the time nor patience to deal with thia and get everything else in the day done. I suggest you try to find a printer that will not get overwhelmed by the amount of memory a document contains. That will decide if you will have a pleasant or bad experience with your machine.

HP Deskjet 4280 All-In-One is a great deal for the money!

from Elkmont, AL

Comments about HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer:

I have been really pleased with my HP Deskjet F4280 All-In-One printer! Got it on sale Christmas 2009 at a really great price. I even bought one for one of my daughters for Christmas. It doesn't take up a lot of room and is really easy to use. It makes great quality color and black and white copies with the push of a single button. The scanner is pretty fast and does a great job scanning photos. I have scanned many of my old photos to upload them to facebook or put on a disk. The HP Deskjet F4280 All-In-One is also very easy to set up on your computer. And very easy to set up on my home network. The Deskjet F4280 also has loads of great software with it for organizing photos, editing photos and sharing photos. The Deskjet F4280 has economy print option for everyday printing which saves tremendously on ink useage. The printer came with one black ink cartridge and one color cartridge. I have had it a little over a year now and have only bought one of each for it and use it prettty regularly. I'm also very impressed with the price of the cartridges! Very low price compared to most brands and that means a lot to me! And the cartridges are easy to change!

This HP Deskjet F4280 All-in-One Inkjet Printer is awesome

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about HP Deskjet All-In-One Printer:

This is a cost conscience easy to use all in one printer,copier and scanner,I bought this not knowing how long it would last because it was at such a reasonable price .I decided to try it anyway and have been nothing but happy with it , this HP Deskjet F4280 All-In-One Inkjet Printer is just wonderful, it does everything that it is supposed to do and is so simple to use, even I can do it and I do not know much about electronics at all. I would highly recommend this to any one that needs an inexpensive absolutely great working printer

Very Satisfied with my HP F4280