Other Humidifiers:
Honeywell
HCM890
HONEYWELL Cool Moisture Duracraft Humidifier

Summary

KAZ COOL MOISTURE HUMIDIFIER *Automatic moisture balance system *Low/high moisture output settings *Clear tank *Easy to fill, carry and clean *High impact packaging *Replacement filter is Ace No. 4237962

HONEYWELL Cool Moisture Duracraft Humidifier

Pros

Cons

Freedom in bubbles!

from Sebring, FL

Comments about HONEYWELL Cool Moisture Duracraft Humidifier:

It is so nice to be able to breathe without the heat that a warm humidifier puts in the air. As an MS sufferer anything that can cool down the air going into my lungs (which are also saturated with lung issues) making it easier to breath instead of heavy air is wonderful. This was an inexpensive solution to a headache of a problem. I run my constantly for relief and am able to cut back on my oxygen due to the ability of this machine pulling the toxin particles out of the air and giving me the pure air I need to breath. It is my little machine that could. Honestly, it is my freedom in bubbles!

Output Volume
The output of this is fantastic. I can fill it and it will run for 12-14 hours on HIGH. If I put it on low than it will go at least a full day usually two without a refill. That is remarkable for a humidifier of any cost.

Very high performance! Again 12 hours on high and 24 on low minimum performance from it. Usually more!

I wash the filter every other run that I fill it up so usually once a day and it is so easy! All I need to do is run it under water and shake it dry a bit. Pop it back in and put the cover on. Rinse out the holder and I put my distilled water in and then put it back in its place and presto we have fresh air.

My little machine that could. Has been going for nearly a year without even a sputter. Haven't even had to change the filter yet! And I was told I would need to change it after 6 months. As long as you take care of it this will last and last.

Small compact design to fit in practical spaces. I have mine set up next to my bed and love that I don't have a big bulky machine to trip over with my wheelchair.

• Output Volume:

Just enough humidity to get by

from Crowley, TX

Comments about HONEYWELL Cool Moisture Duracraft Humidifier:

This humidifier was bought on sale at a time when I was at the end of my rope as far as my sinus problems were concered. During the winter months I was miserable every year any time the heater in our home was on. I was looking for a small-ish humidifier that I could easily move from room to room rather than buying several to cover the whole home. This one immediately starts producing and goes through the water in the tank fairly rapidly. IK've had to put a towel under mine so that the water doesn't accumulate around it causing a puddle. As strange as this sounds, it seems to be doing that less and less which makes me think that there is something about the design so that as we take it apart to fill it the seal or the interface between the unit and the tank seems to be working and coming together better each time. This isn't an ideal product but for the price I paid I am not complaining. Without this issue, I'd be saying it was GREAT!

Keeps the room cool

from Bellmore, NY

Comments about HONEYWELL Cool Moisture Duracraft Humidifier:

This is a great product because my family has asthma and different allergies and unfortunately we have the heat on rather high but with the cool air circulating the room it definitely makes a difference and the room is not so dry. This is important because if not my daughter suffers from nose bleeds.
Something to have and use thru out the winter.

Output Volume
a nice mist comes out and helps the room

does what it is supposed to and keeps moisture in the air

it is easy to open and take apart

have not had a problem yet and therefore think it will be durable for several years to come

No noticeable difference

from Chicago, IL

Comments about HONEYWELL Cool Moisture Duracraft Humidifier:

Let me preface this by saying I really have no way to measure the effectiveness of a humidifier besides my dry skin. Running this humidifier in my 500 sq foot apartment does not alleviate my dry skin in the winter. That being said, I really don't know if there is a product out there that could fully cure me. I purchased the cool air version because I figured it was safer if for some reason I knocked it over (I'm clumsy). I think if I were to buy a new one I would get the warm vapor version with steam just simply because you can visibly see that it is doing something. Long story short, maybe this thing really does work but it's not noticeable enough for me.

• Output Volume:

Helps out a lot with sick children.

from West Point, NE

Comments about HONEYWELL Cool Moisture Duracraft Humidifier:

If you are a mother, you know how frustrating it can be to have a sick child knowing there is not much you can give them to help them feel better especially if they are small. I, myself have a set of twin three year olds, and when one gets sick the other is not far behind. So, I purchased this Honeywell Cool Moisture Humidifier and place it in their bedroom when they start feeling unwell. I find it helps them avoid any dry hacking colds. They also seem to feel better in the morning when they wake up. It is great to know that they aren't inhaling bacteria like humidifiers from when I was a kid. It is easy to clean and change out filters as well. I recommend this to any parent or child with a cold or flu.

Great Output But Replace Filter Often

from Burke, VA

Comments about HONEYWELL Cool Moisture Duracraft Humidifier:

I remember this always had a great output and really helped humidify, but we had to replace the filters pretty frequently which cost a little bit.

Output Volume
Let out quite a bit of moisture but not too much.

Worked great and did what it was supposed to.

Pretty easy to clean but replace filters often.

Lasted quite a while before we gave up on replacing the filters.

Minus the filters, I really liked the design. Looks neat and easy to fill and use.