Other Flat Irons:

FHIHEAT Technique G2 inch Flat Iron

8 years and still working

from Arkansas

Comments about FHI HEAT Technique G2 inch Flat Iron:

I asked my husband for a CHI in 2005. He ordered one and it came to him broken. He was upset with the company and they offered to give him a "better one" for a little bit more money. Like "sorry sir, to make up for it, you can give us more money and we'll give you a 'better' product and this time we'll make sure it won't break." Um. NO! So he ordered me this one. He was so scared that I would be mad that it was a name brand CHI. I didn't care. It worked. It worked well. I have naturally curly hair that it straightens like a board.

Fast forward to today. We'll be married nine years in May. The FHI still works. Its is showing some wear and tear, but for the most part, it looks just fine. People I know with CHI's have replaced theirs several times by now.

About a year ago I watched a tutorial about using a straightening iron to do "beach waves" in your hair or curl. Tried it with the FHI. Fabulous. Works like a charm. When and if this one ever does go out, I'm replacing it with another FHI.

Spend a little more for the CHI .

from Okatie, SC

Comments about FHI HEAT Technique G2 inch Flat Iron:

Almost as good as the CHI but not quite. Doesn't get hot enough to adequately straighten my hair and am concerned that it doesn't heat evenly throughout the plates after repeated use. Would recommend a flat iron with digital readout of temperature. Should have gone with the CHI.

FHI is the best

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about FHI HEAT Technique G2 inch Flat Iron:

I have came across many flat irons that didnt work right for me and my hair, until i bought the FHI about a year ago. The price is pretty reasonable for the wonders that it does. It heats up quick to whatever temperature fits your hair. My hair is pretty dry and needs moisture so this flat iron locks in the moisture. It left my hair smooth and didnt snag on my hair like other flat irons. It straightened out my hair without any trouble and left it shiny and managable. Sometimes i would curl my ends and i love this flat iron because it doesnt leave creases at the tips or the roots. I will definitely continue to use this flat iron for years to come. Good price, very effective, easy to use and no complaints!!

Not all it's cracked up to be......

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about FHI HEAT Technique G2 inch Flat Iron:

Too much money for too little product!  The iron has no heat control and it takes 3 passes to get my hair somewhat straight.  I've paid less for irons that worked way better than this.  I didn't notice any remarkable or redeeming qualities.

works great

from Winter Haven, FL

Comments about FHI HEAT Technique G2 inch Flat Iron:

i have owned my fhi flat iron for over 4 years now and it still performs like new. I used it while my hair was natural to keep it straight and you would have never known the difference. i love the way it makes my hair feel and the sheen it gives it. i also love that i can get all the way down to my roots.

Worth the price, far superior to competitors

from Olive Branch, MS

Comments about FHI HEAT Technique G2 inch Flat Iron:

I first learned about FHI flat irons from my hairstylist. She explained that the creators of FHI used to work for CHI and then branched off to form a company of their own. After seeing the results of her using the FHI on my hair, I decided to get a FHI myself. Prior to the FHI, I had been using a Hot Tools flat iron. Although, I was mostly satisfied with the Hot Tools, I did have to make several passes through each particular piece of hair and the finish on the plates had started to bubble up. I purchased a FHI 1" flat iron off eBay. It is much better than the Hot Tools; it straightens my hair the first time through, is very lightweight and is overall more durable. I have not tried a CHI flat iron, but next to the lower quality of Hot Tools and Conair, the FHI is far superior. I have used it for several months and so far, it has shown no signs of wear. The cord is very long so I can stretch it from my husband's side of the sink to mine and it cools off quickly when traveling.