Other Tax & Finance Softwares:
H&R Block
H&R Block Taxcut Premium Federal + State + e-file Software

H&R Block Taxcut Premium Federal + State + e-file Software

Taxcut Best Bang for the buck

There are several free tax preparation producst out there if you want to do a simple 1040 EZ form.  As we need to do the 1040A we need something with more capabilities.  We choose H&R Black Taxcut Premium Federal + State + e-file Software because it does an excellent job at the most affordable price.  It is important to note the free e-file is for Federal ONLY - this does not include free e-file for the state.  You can either pay your state's fee or print it out and mail it in.  This does an excellent job of asking you questions and fitting the info into the form for you.  It is much easier/user friendly then the instruction booklets that the IRS puts out.  It does the federal and state forms for you pretty much at the same time transferring the data form the federal to the state return for you.  When you are done you print it out and review it to be sure you didn't make any mistakes then can e-file directly through the program (for the federal) or pay and e-file the state through the program.  It is excellent software - it can pull info in from previous years turbo tax or taxcut if you have that info available.  I am not sure why anyone goes to a CPA with this available (unless you have a truly complicated tax situation.)

Good enough for those easy taxes.

The **H&R Block Taxcut **is easy to use so anyone can use it. Just punch in your numbers. no need of a calculator. The program does work for most people, that is those who get ;all their income from an employer. Be aware that **H&R Block Taxcut **does Not work for all tax payers.

For most people it does work and saves you time in preparing your taxes.

The ease of use has improved over the last few years.

Good enough for those easy taxes.

from Roundup, MT

Comments about H&R Block Taxcut Premium Federal + State + e-file Software:

For most people it does work and saves you time in preparing your taxes.

The ease of use has improved over the last few years.

• Customer Service:
  • Features:
  • Phone App Availability:

If you're going to do your own taxes, this is the program to use

from Akron, OH

Comments about H&R Block Taxcut Premium Federal + State + e-file Software:

Tax Cut is an excellent do it yourself tax program.  It's very user friendly and best of all if you get stuck, you can send it to a Block office and they'll help you out!  Obviously, as a Sr. Tax Advisor myself, I would recommend you come into the office and let us prepare your taxes to begin with, but if you are going to do them yourself, this would definitely be the way to go.  It is fairly affordable and their are different versions for business, etc.  We have a deduction finder program to help you with your Sch. A deductions as well as Attorney forms so you can do things like prepare your will without having to pay expensive attorney fees.  If you are comfortable using the computer the program will be fairly easy.  Be sure you are answering each questions correctly as that generates certain other questions that will guide you through the entire tax preparation process and ensure that you are paying the lowest amount of taxes legally possible.  If you get stuck and can't do it yourself...I'd love to do your taxes for you!!

Taxcut definitely simplifies tax preparation

from Mission Viejo, CA

Comments about H&R Block Taxcut Premium Federal + State + e-file Software:

H&R Block TaxCut for 2008 was an improved version over previous years.  The interview process handled 95% of the information that had to be completed (an improvement over previous years).

In previous years, even though most of the information was gathered by Tax cut, I had warnings and errors when it came to final review - which I found irritating.  I was happy that it did not occur with this year's version.

My California state return was much easier than year's past as well.  Very few questions had to be answered for CA state after the federal return was completed - which makes sense.  In previous years, it seemed like state took almost as long as federal because of all the questions it asked (that seemed to be a duplication of things gathered with the federal return).  Unlike previous years, the interview process handled all of the state return - no manually completion of individual forms.

I have not used Turbotax in several years, so I can't compare it with that software, but I can say that it did the job I was expecting it to do well.  My taxes can be somewhat complicated with stock and mutual fund transactions (and stock option transactions from my employer), but it was able to get me through it fairly easily.

H&R Block Taxcut 2010 Premium is having an accountant

from Parkersburg, WV

Comments about H&R Block Taxcut Premium Federal + State + e-file Software:

I have used H&R Block software for preparing my taxes for the past four years now and I don't plan on using anything else in the foreseeable future. I used an accountant the first year I was married because I lived in two different states. After using the software for the next four years, I am convinced that I could have easily used it my first year as well. It is just like having a live accountant in your computer!

The software takes you through an interview in a similar manner that an accountant would so as to make sure it has all the information it needs to prepare your taxes. As the software conducts the interview it calculates the refund amount you can expect, which is always visible in the upper right corner. Premium + State gives five free federal e-files and the option of purchasing a state e-file. I chose to print out my state return and mail it in.

One nice thing about the premium software is that it accounts for investments too!

After preparing the tax returns, you have the option of going through a second interview to calculate how much you should have withheld on your next year's W-4.

The software makes every step, incredibly easy so that preparing taxes hardly even seems like a chore!

much better than TurboTax

from Babylon, NY

Comments about H&R Block Taxcut Premium Federal + State + e-file Software:

the first time I ever had to do taxes, I used TurboTax. Maybe it was because it had the word "turbo" but for whatever reason I chose that over the H&R Block software. While in the end I did get my tax return filed, it was a very confusing process. H&R Block software is easy to understand, and it exactly as the commercial says. It is basically a tax-preparation GPS system. It takes you step-by-step and ask you all of the right questions. It's tax returns are always accurate and I always feel like I did my taxes correctly when I'm done. When I used TurboTax, I was never sure if I had done everything correctly. Not a problem with H&R Block's software. I have now used this software for approximately 6 tax returns. I have not had any issues with any of them and I have gotten excellent refunds. This software is everything that it claims to be and much more. If you have to choose between TurboTax and H&R Block tax cut, I highly recommend the H&R Block software.

H&R Block Taxcut software works great

from San Bernardino, CA

Comments about H&R Block Taxcut Premium Federal + State + e-file Software:

I have used this software program to file my own taxes for years, even back whe they were under the Kiplinger name. I have never had a problem and never been audited. The software is very easy to install and very easy to use - it just walks you through step by step and the filing process is easy. I have stuck with this brand as I am basically lazy and the more information i can import from a previous years return the less of a headache I have trying to later type in all the relevant information for the current year. Beaing able to do state as well with the information transfered is great. The updates have been issued in a timly manner and although I am an early filer I have never had an issue to due missing an update since I filed before the update came out. Being able to e-file has been a great help and I get my information confirmed very quickly and a refund on the way promptly when I am due one. I will be using this program again for 2010 tax year and probably many after that.

It's worth your money

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about H&R Block Taxcut Premium Federal + State + e-file Software:

Hello everyone, i have to tell you that if you haven't try file your tax refund from H&R block then you should. You could not imagine how fast it is, you could spend hours of hours or even days to finish all your tax return with mistakes while H&R BLOCK provide you a completely proccess, very quick save your time and money. What you need to do is bring your W-2 or whatever type of tax documents you got from your work place (company, restaurant, business....ect), and then show them all those paper you have, then guess what? only 15 minutes, that's it only 15 minutes you all set. They can transfer your tax money refund to your bank which is i recommend you guys should do, or you can choose receive the check by mail but this way is take much much more longer and sometime your check got lost, delay or whatsoever. I always got so much money back from H&R block when they did the tax refund for, and of course this year i'm gonna redo it again. I am happy with them, they will help you step by step very clearly to help you get as much as money you should have.

Thank you everyone, hope that everyone will get lots of money from tax refund this year.

Helpful and inexpensive.

from Independence, MO

Comments about H&R Block Taxcut Premium Federal + State + e-file Software:

H&R Block Taxcut software is great to use!  It is very easy, taking you through step-by-step instructions for your best tax return.  If you have questions, they have several avenues available to ask.  You can chat, email, call or search their question database.  You can also click a box if you are unsure and it'll walk you through instructions to ensure you are doing your return correctly.  It gives you the maximum refund, recognizing available credits from the basic information you enter.  If you don't know anything about tax, it may not be the best option for you.  Although, there is an option at the end that you can have a tax professional review your return to ensure accuracy.  Overall, it's a great program to use.  I have experience with other name brand tax software programs and H&R Block is by far the most user-friendly.  I prepare tax returns for several family members and always do it through H&R Block Taxcut.  It's very affordable.

Taxcut works well!

from Boston, MA

Comments about H&R Block Taxcut Premium Federal + State + e-file Software:

I have been using Taxcut for years now, and it is the easiest program to use for taxes. The best thing about it is there are hints and tips all the way through the program, and you can skip any section you want if you know you don't have a complicated return. It also helps you with life changes (house, marriage, death, etc) and really makes a dreadful process easy to get through. Each year I have more and more to enter on my taxes and I have never been let down by TaxCut. I started out with simple returns and now am married with a house and a mortgage. I am comfortabe enough with myself to do my own taxes, but the stuff I'm not sure of, TaxCut helps me out with. It also will tell you any errors it found once you are done, or any other deductions you might want to take that you missed the first time around. Also, saving your return is so easy, and you can go back and edit it as many times as you want. I love it!

Great SW

from Madison, AL

Comments about H&R Block Taxcut Premium Federal + State + e-file Software:

This tax software has been my staple for 10 years now. I have tried other packages and the benefits are just not there. H&R Block is the way to go. Plus there are tons of discounted deals such as slickdeals to get it cheap.