4.8
Gymnic
Gymnic Rody Horse

Gymnic Rody Horse

4.8

Great for Sensory Seeking kids.

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Gymnic Rody Horse:

Rody has become like a part of our family! We love this simple toy. Our 3 year old has special needs and a lot of sensory seeking activity. We looked into buying a small trampoline, but we just don't have the room. Rody does the trick for our sensory seeker and our older kids love it too! Rody can be sat on, jumped with, dragged around-he has some heft too him but not too heavy, just enough to give some proprioceptive input. He is easy to clean and we have had no issues with holes and he's been threw the ringer! He can be inflated smaller or a little larger depending on size of the child. He was also great in helping build our sons core muscle strength, we didn't inflate him all the way at first so our son could step over him to sit on and then as he grew we have been able to inflate Rody a little more. From a therapy tool to a bucking bronco in a western play Rody has been a popular toy at our house.

We love Rody!

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Gymnic Rody Horse:

Every now and then, there comes along a toy that becomes an instant classic. I believe that Rody is that toy for our family!

My two youngest girls got their Rodys from Santa for Christmas 2009. They were three and five at the time. The look on their faces were pure joy when they saw them, and they immediately jumped on and hopped off! Their Rodys are named Blueberry and Lemondrop, and have hopped many miles in our house. From riding them, to pretending to corral them and feed them, the Rodys have provided my girls with great imaginative play - no batteries required! I love when they use their imaginations to entertain themselves - and get a little exercise, too.

We have shared the Rodys with our church's Vacation Bible school and playschool, and every child has loved riding them. They have held up wonderfully, are easy to keep clean, and can support even a mommy's weight! I highly recommend getting a Rody for years of fun play!

Still not sure about the price, but a great toy.

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Gymnic Rody Horse:

We have seen Rody horses in toy stores for a long time, and our kids have wanted one for a long time, but we have always been turned off by the price.  We did break down and buy one for our youngest son this year, though, and we are glad we did.  This toy gets played with by all the kids, is an indoor outdoor toy, is durable, colorful, fun and encourages them to use their imaginations.  It is probably one of the most used items in our house.  Our 1 year old cant reach the floor with his toes when he is on it yet, but he still loves to pound on it, and stand next to it and bounce with it.  It is interesting to him because it is so bright and colorful, and it is also somehting he sees his older siblings wanting to play with.  It is easy to travel with, because you can deflate it, it is very durable plastic material, which can be used and abused, as three kids will, and it is just good fun.  I still think it could be a lot cheaper, but for all the use that it gets and how much our kids love it, I am glad we paid the money.  I think that in the end after it gets used by all three and maybe more, it will be worth the investment.

Love our Rody Horse!

from Saint Albans, NY

Comments about Gymnic Rody Horse:

My daughter has been loving her Gymnic Rody Horse since she was 18 mon ths old. When we first got it she needed help getting on and off but we kept it under inflated and she could bounce on it just great once we helped her on. She is 2.5 years old now and loves to boucce on her Gymnic Rody Horse and also plays pretend games like feeding the horse and a putting her other stuffed animals on his back for a ride. It is a very sturdy toy. My duagther has been very rough with her Gymnic Rody Horse and it has stood up to lots of rough play and looke none the worse for the wear. At fist I thought it was a lot to pay for an inflatable toy but the Gymnic Rody Horse is very well made and great for helping energetic toddlers get out some pent up energy. I reccomend the Gymnic Rody Horse to everyone and plan on purchasing a couple as gift for my friends that have small children . Worth every penny to me.****

fun bouncing time for all

from Prairie Village, KS

Comments about Gymnic Rody Horse:

I had a Rody as a kid and then I was doing some research for a good toy for a 2year old and came across it.  I thought it was funy, but then we  went to a local toy store and there was one there and my daugher loved it.  She started bouncing on it immediately in fact we had to get her one or she wouldnt get off of it.  I thought it was reasonable priced, I mean it is rubber but its a duable classictoy and its imported its from italy.  She loves its year later she still plays on it and will bounce and bounce.  We also have friends with older kids and they love it as well they fight over it.   And there are 6 and 8. Its great exercise and then my son who is almost a year also loves it h pulls up on itand when we set him on it and bounce he giggles.  It is agreat entertainong toy.  It cleans very easily and compared to other bouncing toys the kids prefer and they were more expnsive and have more features.

Roddy Horse is great fun!

from Syracuse, NY

Comments about Gymnic Rody Horse:

I found the Gymnic Rody Horse when I was searching for a gift for my son who was turning two.  I wanted something that would be fun, yet would have an underlying purpose to it.  My son was diagnosed with Dyspraxia and has difficulty with motor planning and movement, so the Rody Horse was perfect for him!  I read about how it is used as a therapy aid with children with disabilities because it helps with developing the inner ear and coordination and knew this would be a perfect fit for my son.  It is very simple to use, easy to hold on it and ride.  It can be played with in so many ways!  It makes a great seat for sitting on, a very fun bouncing toy – and it is so great that the child can control the degree of movement with the Rody Horse themselves.  My son never needed help playing with it, and that is a huge step for him and developing his self confidence.   It was a cinch to inflate with the included air pump adapters and I loved how extra stoppers were included.

Love it

from Alexandria, VA

Comments about Gymnic Rody Horse:

I purchased Rody because I had seen it in special needs catalogs and I thought my daughter who has gross motor delays would like it.  I was wrong, she LOVES it.  The ears are perfect handles for her and she goes crazy bouncing on Rody.  It is low to the ground, so I am not worried if she loses her balance.  Even with her delays, it still works for her and helps her strengthen her muscles.  This was her Christmas present 18 months ago and it is still looks new.  Out of several gift ideas I had that year, her physical therapist recommended the Rody. I could tell she wished she could purchase a few Rodys for her practice.

My younger son (17 months and has fabulous gross motor skills) has just noticed Rody and it is quickly becoming his favorite toy.  He has been bouncing all day on it and is even watching tv on it right now.  He looks so cute holding the ears.  Rody is so light that he can move it around the room without any difficulty.

Let your little one burn off some energy with this funny toy.

from Lakewood, OH

Comments about Gymnic Rody Horse:

We purchased this for my son's second birthday a few months ago. It was an immediate hit. However, it was a little tall for him then, so he is just now able to bounce on it (even though he is tall for his age). I do supervise him on it so he won't fall over. We chose it versus similar toys because it is made of super strong latex-free vinyl that is phthalate-free. It is inflatable to adjust for the weight of your child, so it can grow with them. It says it's for ages 2-4, but the weight limit is up to 300 lbs., and my husband has sat on it! It is a good toy for helping with balance and coordination. We have only had to inflate it once, and it has stayed nicely inflated. I have had similar inflatable balls that lose their air constantly. This is a little more expensive, but the quality is worth it. You will need a pump to inflate it. This is a great toy for our cold winters to help my son burn off some of his endless energy indoors!