3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

Gymboree.com: Appealing Clothing for Boys and Girls

I have two little girls who love clothing. They are two very girly- type girls who love to try on new clothes, prance around, view themselves in mirrors, and admire themselves and their unique beauty. They like clothing as much as toys and one online store that contains plenty of clothing for both boys and girls is **Gymboree.com**, the online store for the popular children's retailer. **Web Site Commentary:**Gymboree.com is a nice little store and there are many things that make it worth a visit. Starting with the appearance, it is just as cute as the actual stores, even though it isn't necessarily cutesy in design, but does have its own cuteness factor due to the children's clothing and accessories. Finding what you need at Gymboree.com is easy because boys and girls clothes are separated to make shopping easier and there are several ways to narrow down your search to find exactly what you want. There are subcategories to better define the search, followed by sort options by size, but unfortunately there is no other way to sort. Most online stores at least offer a pricing sort, but there is no such feature at Gymboree.com. Customers will have to browse through the pages to see everything and find what they want. Prices at Gymboree.com may not fit into every family budget. They are similar to what you pay at a Gymboree store and if you have never visited a Gymboree, you are probably fully aware of the slightly higher than average prices. There are certainly other stores that are priced higher than Gymboree, but its prices are certain to shock the Wal- Mart crowd nonetheless. However, you do get what you pay for and Gymboree clothing is generally better in quality and longer lasting than clothing purchased at a discount store.

Speaking of cost, there is one other fact that makes shopping at Gymboree more economical than it first appears. With each Gymboree order, customers receive "Gymbucks" based on the size of the order and the amount of Gymbucks that Gymboree gives varies based on the latest promotion. These Gymbucks are similar to receiving a gift certificate and they can be redeemed on your next purchase, whether the purchase is made at Gymboree.com or at an actual Gymboree store location. Before, I had mentioned that Gymboree.com prices are a little higher than other stores, but once you take the Gymbucks into account, the prices don't seem so bad anymore. A $120 outfit can easily be cut down to an effective price of $80 if the purchase includes $40 in Gymbucks.  One other quality that I really appreciate with Gymboree.com is its return policy. One of the main reasons I don't like to shop for clothing online is that it isn't very convenient to make a return, if a return is deemed necessary, because the clothing has to be shipped via mail. But there is nothing to fear when you make a purchase at Gymboree.com. If there is something wrong with your Gymboree.com order and you need to return, the merchandise does not need to be shipped. You can return the unwanted merchandise directly to any Gymboree location for a refund or exchange. This is a great policy and it makes Gymboree.com worth considering. There is far less stress with making an online transaction because the consumer knows that he/she can make a quick trip to the local shopping mall and walk directly to the Gymboree store to exchange merchandise or receive a refund.  This makes shopping online at Gymboree.com far less worrisome than shopping at many other online stores.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Gymboree.com is, like its Gymboree physical location stores, a very good place to buy clothing for children from birth all the way through the fifth grade. The site offers a decent selection of quality clothing with a great return policy. Yes, the price is a little higher than that of a discount chain but with the high level of quality, Gymboree.com is a nice clothing store for both boys and girls and the Gymbucks make the visit economical.

Gymboree.com - even the sales prices are expensive

I love getting a good deal, especially when I don't have to leave my home to find one.  Online shopping is as easy as a few mouse clicks and a credit card number, and then the deal(s) gets shipped directly to my front door.  It doesn't get much easier (or fun!) than that.

I really enjoy the thrill of the hunt but there is one children's store where the deals have always eluded me, **Gymboree.com**.  I'm on their mailing list (both email and regular mail) but I can never find any bargains that scream "buy me!" and it's not for lack of trying.  I just find their clothing expensive when compared to other children's stores.  Even their sales prices are expensive.

Is the quality at **Gymboree.com** any better than [The Children's Place][1] or Target?  Maybe, but I'm still not willing to pay $36.50 for a pair of children's jeans that will be outgrown in less than a year.  Add sales tax and $6.50 in standard shipping and those $36.50 jeans end up costing over $45.  To be fair, the jeans are now on sale for $23.19, but they are still not a bargain to me.  I can easily find comparable jeans at other children's stores for less than $10 per pair.  Even better, I can often find **Gymboree** brand jeans at resale shops or mom2mom sales for less than $5.

Besides the high prices, there are other reasons why I do not like **Gymboree.com**:

* I can't sort by price, only by size.  I like websites that allow me to sort by the lowest price so that I can see the best deals right away.

* They have a lot of ugly clothes.  No wonder why the hideous Apple Bermuda Shorts are on sale for "only" $16.79 (regular price was $26.50).  I wouldn't buy them for $2 at a resale shop.

* The only really good deals are on the too-bright colors and ugly-patterned clothes that no one else wants to buy.

To be fair to **Gymboree.com**, I recently found some good deals on boy's clothing which included one tank top for $3.99, a couple of t-shirts and tank tops for $5.59 each, and some more t-shirts and polo's for under $10 a piece.  While those are good prices for boy's clothing, I would like to see the same deals for girl's clothes.

I still haven't given up on eventually finding some good deals on **Gymboree.com**, but for now, the coupons that I receive have not been put to good use and for a bargain hunter like me, that's a real tragedy.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/The-Childrens-Place-Web-Site-review-c7581

Shrinks!

from Oahu Hawaii

Comments about Gymboree | Gymboree.com:

I shopped here for the first time and bought my 12 month old daughter some clothes, when I shop for her I usually buy 24 month clothes because they shrink. When I went to buy the clothes I was informed that the clothes were pre washed and dried so they would not shrink. WRONG! I got them anyway in 24 month clothes and figured she could grow into them, now they probably won't even fit her! they shrunk terribly and now wish I had even gone up in size. i also got my niece some clothes and I'm afraid to wash them because they fit nice right now. When I called customer service I told them I can't go back to the store because where I live doesn't offer Gymboree they told me I could just wait for a shipping label, return the clothes and reorder when they have inspected the clothes. Basically I guess to see if they really shrunk? Not sure how long that would even take since shipping to Hawaii takes forever anyway. So I said nevermind.

I don't think I will go back to your LaCenterra@Cinco Ranch

from 1707

Comments about Gymboree | Gymboree.com:

The store cashier were not friendly or will I say we're not happy people at all. They lack customers relations I think they all need more training. They were so sad even my friends that I went with left me in the store because of their attitude. Not even a thank you after buying things more than $120.00. Please they need to change.

Poorly made clothes which fall apart after wearing once

from Ohio

Comments about Gymboree | Gymboree.com:

I have been a loyal shopper for 20 years due to the quality of clothing. Lately I have been very disappointed in the quality of clothing I have received. The clothes are falling apart or seperating at the seams. Button loops have come apart and bathing suits fade. The last bathing suit was the last straw when it fell apart after one use. The clasps fell off and no longer will be able to be worn. Their return by mail policy is not customer friendly and I dont live anywhere close to return myself. I have bought the last piece of clothing from this company at this point. I am tired of wasting money on poorly made clothes only to have to buy replacements elsewhere.

Horrible website

Comments about Gymboree | Gymboree.com:

The clothes are great quality. They last, wash and wear well and I can easily pass my older daughters clothes onto my younger one. My main problem with them is using my gym bucks. The website has magically been down (I keep getting the message "we are improving our site). Really? I've been trying to purchase the 10 items in my shopping cart for the past 6 hours. I guess they don't want me using my gym bucks on the last day I can. Maybe they are hoping I will still buy the clothes tomorrow or heck, even after midnight when I can't use them anymore. I bet the website magically works then. This happens every time I try and use gymbucks on the website. It's ridiculous. I can't drag my two girls who are both under two into a store every time I want to buy them clothes.

Website is dysfunctional.

Product Selection
My closest store hardly ever has more than one of each item in each size.

Product Pricing
If they didn't put their clothes on sale, I would never buy them.

Customer Service
Again, the website is abysmal.

Shipping and Returns
Wouldn't know, I have never had the opportunity to actually purchase anything through the website.

• Shipping and Returns:

Good quality, but stick to the sales for it to be a savings.

from Florida

Comments about Gymboree | Gymboree.com:

I have purchased clothing on both the Gymboree website as well as going into the actual store. They have the cutest outfits, each season they come out with new collections as well, so they have a lot of variety. I have found that the regular priced kids clothing and accessories is a little steep. Yes they are VERY well made, but even with that being the case they are a little over priced. However the clearance and sale prices are amazing. I have gotten full outfits off the websites clearance section for about $10 and they have lasted much longer than other ten dollar outfits.

I prefer ordering from the Gymboree website to shopping in the actual store. The website seems to have more options as far as different items of clothing available compared to the store. Although, the sizes available can be a little iffy. But I haven't had too many problems with it.

Overall I give Gymboree/ the Gymboree Website a good overall experience. I would recommend it for parents who are looking for good quality kids clothes.

The website is brightly colored, well organized and easy to use.

Great quality clothes

from Spring, TX

Comments about Gymboree | Gymboree.com:

Gymboree is one of the few places I will shop for clothes for my children. The quality of their clothes is actually really good. I've noticed that the material they use is a lot thicker than other brands which means that they will last longer. When I'm handing clothes down to younger kids this means a lot!

The website is ok to use but I hate having to look through "collections" of clothing to find what I want. I don't like that their clothing lines are based on outfits instead of just individual pieces.

Product Selection
Here again I don't like the "outfit" way of their clothing line. I'd rather just put things together myself and not have to feel like I need to buy the whole set since everything has cherries on it (or whatever the outfit theme is).

Product Pricing
Here's one of the main reasons I don't shop here as often as other clothing stores. The prices aren't great and even when they have a sale, the prices still aren't great. Then they are regular prices at other stores. You have to wait and really look through their sales to find good deals.

Shipping and Returns
I wish that they would have more free shipping days than they do. They are very few and far between and I honestly hate paying for shipping!

• Shipping and Returns:

Great site for kid's clothing!

Comments about Gymboree | Gymboree.com:

The Gymboree website is very user friendly and easy to navigate. When you first load the website, current sales and promotions are prominently displayed in the middle of the home page. I have stumbled across many great deals just by loading Gymboree's website. The site is organized very well and it is easy to navigate to the section where you want to focus your online shopping. I typically shop in the boy clothing section. This section is further divided into "favorites", "collections", and "categories". I get many new outfit ideas browsing the "collections" section of the website. I find that the checkout process is flawless and efficient and it is very easy to navigate through the online payment system. Overall, I am very impressed with the Gymboree website. It is easy to use and always a pleasure shopping online with this company. I highly recommend this website!

Adorable clothing for children

Comments about Gymboree | Gymboree.com:

I really do love shopping Gymboree.com! As a mother of a little girl I always want her looking her best and feeling like a princess. My daughter is very particular about what she wears. She likes quality. When I show her dresses on Gymboree she is excited and loves picking her favorite prints. Now also as a mother it's important that I save money. I wouldn't necessarily say that is particular children's clothing store always has sales, but when they do have sales they are pretty great! When my child has a big event coming up we always look on this particular website to shop adorable clothing. The styles this company offer are new and fun! I would definitely recommend purchasing from this company.

The website is easy to navigate.

Product Selection
They get new products in often! I find the selection to be great!

Product Pricing
Not the best prices but they do offer a loyalty program where you can get some great deals.

Good Quality Clothing for High Prices

Comments about Gymboree | Gymboree.com:

Gymboree offers good quality children's clothing, however, their regular non-sale prices are very steep for what they offer. If you continually look at their website or receive their emails you will notice that if the clothing isn't on sale this week it will probably be on sale the next week. I have found that Gymboree.com is a bit more expensive when it comes to sale items compared to the stores. I love how the website puts outfits together so if you want the whole outfit you can order it easily. They also do nice groupings so if you are looking for family photos it is a great place to find coordinating outfits. The one downside to that is that some items are so color specific that it is difficult to pair them with anything else. A regular pair of jeans might have a colorful cuff on them preventing them from being matched with a variety of shirts. Gymboree.com is a great place to shop at the end of the season if you want to shop ahead and get a good deal on clothing. The clothing washes well and holds up.

A Little High Priced if Not For Sale Prices

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Gymboree | Gymboree.com:

The closest Gymboree store is over an hour drive from where we live. So, we found it easier to purchase clothing online at Gymboree.com. I found that Gymboree.com has a variety of very unique clothing. It seems everything matches up really great. Which I think is why my daughter specifically asked to buy some of her school clothes there.

The site is one of the easiest sites to navigate. The reason for that may be because they don't have a huge selection like other stores and only sell clothing for children, and usually only up to a kid size 12.

Product Selection
Gymboree and Gymboree.com does have a good selection of nice clothing, and this year I noticed that a lot of clothing that we got our daughter matches quite well. That being said, this is the last year that we will be able to buy her clothing there since the clothing they sell only go up to a size 12. This is why I gave them a 6 on product selection because they really don't have a vast product selection like JCPenney and Macy's. They do have is of really great quality clothing, but no better than other online clothing stores.

Product Pricing
If you buy when they're having a good sale, as we did, their prices are not that high. Usually, their everyday prices are a little high. I found them a little higher than that of some of the other online clothing stores that I shop that also sell good name brand clothing. A lot of the clothing I purchased was already discounted for a sale they were having. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have purchased some of it. I liked good quality clothing, but if I can get it for a better price somewhere else, I will. So, their regular prices were a little high, their sale prices is what I normally spend at other online quality clothing stores.