4.1

4.1

Do it yourself

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Grocerygame.com:

I checked out the Grocerygame.com website because they were offering a free limited trial. I thought I'd give it a try because I am always using grocery coupons anyway. First and foremost, I don't believe this site is worth the money and I will tell you why. You are literally are signing up mainly for a comparison shopping site that also has coupons. Now to be fair, I will say that it could save you a bit of time if you are not used to doing comparison pricing with the free grocery advertisements sent to your home. The site will allow you to browse a good amount of stores in your immediate area - by item if you'd like to. However, doing it this way could take up a lot more time than just browsing your local grocer's ads and writing the item on a piece of paper under the store that has the lowest price. You'd end up paying out a good portion of the money you are supposed to be saving by signing up for the subscription. Listen closely to the introduction video on the site so tht you can fully understand what you are paying for and of course, what you are getting. It simply makes a whole lot more sense to do it yourself, save the time and money and, still get the same savings at your local grocery stores as well.

Not too difficult to learn.

Product Selection
Limited stores listed

Product Pricing
Cnsider paying for something you could easily do for free.

• Product Selection:
  • Product Pricing:
  • Customer Service:
  • Shipping and Returns:

Worth the Subscription if You Use It

from Boynton Beach, FL

Comments about Grocerygame.com:

I signed up for a free trial of TheGroceryGame.com a few years ago. The concept is a good and helpful one, but only if you are someone who will be consistent with finding, clipping, and printing coupons. After several months of paying for the service, and a Sunday newspaper subscription (since that's where the best coupons are, and I'm too shy to dumpster dive or ask my neighbors for their newspaper inserts), I finally threw in the towel. I was spending more money trying to save money than if I hadn't signed up at all.

The fault is all mine, of course. My life is just too full of other things to devote any time to clipping coupons. I know the system works if you have the coupons, and I like the way the site tells you when to buy which products and teaches you how to stock up on certain items.

For my small household, buying in bulk, visiting the local green market, and taking advantage of weekly BOGOs at my favorite grocery store is enough.

Paying to save money

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Grocerygame.com:

TheGroceryGame.com is a site that is capitalizing on the success of the habit of trying to use coupons to get something for nothing. Basically they take all the ad flyers and sales papers from stores and compare them to the coupons that brand websites and store sites are currently offering. TheGroceryGame.com combines all these offers for you and then you "play the game" while you decide what items to put on your shopping list. The deals are all color coded to help you decide which offers are the best deals.
I personally prefer the sites that offer this information for free. I think TheGroceryGame.com takes some of the work out of shopping with coupons and finding deals, but I don't really want to pay to save money. They do offer a free four week trial, so that's nice but I didn't find the service to be worth paying for. It just seems too counterintuitive to me.

GroceryGame.com is Perfect For Beginning Deal Shoppers

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Grocerygame.com:

A few years ago my family began looking for ways to save money on our weekly grocery bills. At that time they were running about $100 for a family of 3 (for a week). A relative recommended I give Grocerygame.com a try as they had used it and had liked it. The service was pretty low price, so I decided to give it a try.

Overall I was very pleased with my experience using Grocerygame.com. It really helped me to understand how to find the best deals at my local grocery store with a minimum of work on my part (all I had to do was make my list and cut out my coupons). Within the first few months of using this service I was able to cut my bills down to $75 and then $60 a week. At this point (6 years later) I'm down to $50 a week.

I no longer use Grocerygame.com because I have found a number of free sites that do basically the same thing, but I would highly recommend this site for people who are new to deal shopping and couponing.

It works

Comments about Grocerygame.com:

Basically this takes out of the effort from extreme couponing so you can achieve a portion of the deals that you have seen on their hit show, Extreme Couponing on TLC.

Basically, it gets the pricing details from the different flyers from all the major retailers such as Kroger, Giant Eagle, Target, and Walmart. Then they do research on which coupons are available, so that they match up the items and give you the discounts of these items after the discount from the coupons.

It's definitely not something that is new because people on different forums do this all the time, such as SlickDeals.

You can get good deals over time and they do a decent job of matching the flyers.

However, I do prefer the open sourced version, that the community runs on the different money saving forums. You can get a similar service for free without paying at all.

But there is a 4 week free trial that you can subscribe to if you are interested in this service.

The GroceryGame.com is a TRUE Time & Money Saver!

from Wilmington, OH

Comments about Grocerygame.com:

There are not enough words to describe how much I LOVE this site. I have been using the GroceryGame.com for just at 1 year now. It has revolutionized the way I shop for food, beauty items, and more. Beyond that- it has really changed my overall spending habits and I've really become much more budget conscious during the past 12 months. Let me tell you why- if you want to save money & time- you need this site NOW.

The basics- What is this site? It is a site where you pay to view a database of trended product prices in your area. The list creators compile statistical data- I know it's* just* groceries- but bear with me. They trend the sales to find the absolute LOWEST prices over a period of time. They then combine the LOWEST sale prices with manufacturor's coupons. So you know that you are getting the "ROCK BOTTOM PRICE" as they say on the website.

How does it work? You buy the Sunday paper in your area to get the coupons that you'll need to buy things at the "rock bottom price". I buy 2 or 3 papers depending on how many coupon inserts are expected to be inside. You write the date on the outside of the coupon insert (or use another filing method of your choice). You wait until Monday night (in my area- yours may be slightly different) and pull up the website. After logging in- you will see your preferred store listed. Click on your store and a list of all sale items will appear. They are color coded for your convenience. Black items should only be bought if you have a need for them "now" because they are a good price but not the best price. Blue items are at "rock bottom prices" and you should stockpile them. Green items are FREE!  Next to each of the items is the regular price, sale price, coupon needed, and final price. The site lists what week the coupon was in the insert and the value of the coupon needed to get the best price. It is SIMPLE! You don't have to clip every coupon and it is great for beginners to the whole couponing "thing".

How much does it cost? The GroceryGame.com costs $10 for the first store and $5 for each additonal store list every 8 weeks. I know this is money and you are trying to save money. I get that but I save so much with this list that the cost is SO worth it to me. I now only use it for the stores I visit most often. When I first started doing this my husband was not supportive at all. After one visit to CVS- I came out of the store with 4 bags of items. He said "And just how much did all that cost me?" I told him (and this is true) "17 cents"! The best part is- it is all things we USE. Believe me- the list is worth it!

Also- if you refer your friends to the game- you can get your lists for free for 10 weeks for every 3 referrals. Believe me- word spreads quickly and I've received 30 weeks free so far. Everyone wants to save money and it only costs $1 to try the list for 4 weeks. Give it a try and see what you think!

Finally- I know some people can do this on their own or visit other sites for free. I have checked them out and I think they are good sites. The reason I prefer to pay for the Grocery Game list is because it lists all the things I need- not just fruit snacks and cereal. I do like to feed my family beef and chicken- not just prepared foods. Also- I only have a limited amount of time to do this. I need to be time efficient too! It isn't cost effective for me to go to 10 different websites to find a list, print coupons, and finally go to the store. One stop shopping is for me! Happy bargain hunting!

The money you pay for the service pays for itself immediatly!

from Gainesville, GA

Comments about Grocerygame.com:

A friend at church told me about The Grocery Game about a year ago.  My first reaction was that it seemed ridiculous to spend money to save money.  I mean, if your budget conscience, adding to the monthly bills wasn't exciting me.  At the time thought, The Grocery Game was having a special introductory rate.  I decided to try and now, after a year, I'm totally hooked.  Here's the basic deal.  Each week you login to find the best grocery deals at which ever stores you choose.  I picked two grocery stores in our area that I frequent.  The fee is every three months and it's $10 for one store and $5 for each additional.  We are pretty much a one income family.  I do work very PT, but I mostly am home with our kids.  The amount of money I save is amazing.  We went from having a small budget for grocery's and feeling to pinch at the end of the week when the groceries started to dwindle until payday.  I went from spending about $400 a month (and that included diapers and detergents, etc) to about $200-250 currently.  The first couple months I actually spent more than usual because I was building my stock pile.  Essentially, you buy what you'll use when it's cheap and they give you the info about the sale and the coupons to use at what time.  I get items for free weekly......air fresheners, sour cream, ice cream, toilet paper, juice, veggies, beans, ravioli's, tooth paste and brushes, etc etc!  The free and cheap items aren't the same all the time, but you will see a pattern emerge after a while.  There are also many many items you can get for under a $1.  Basically, for example, take handsoap.  Say it goes on sale for $1 a bottle, then you have a .35 cent coupon (which doubles in most stores).....$1 - .35 -.35 =  you pay .30!  The down side is that you still have to find time to clip coupons and file them somehow.  I enjoy that anyway.  There are so many deals in the grocery stores and it's very helpful to save when you're on a budget.  The bulk of my grocery money is spent on produce now and that feels good.  The stores available with the list vary by area, but where I am there are many even Rite Aid and CVS are on it.  I don't feel bad about spending $5 a month to pay $1 for laundry detergent.  It's soooo worth it.  And when you refer someone and they use your email, you get credit for free months.  Awesome service, great community website that it wonderful for families who watch where their money goes.

This web site has saved me hundreds of dollars monthly.

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Grocerygame.com:

I discovered this web site on the Cheapskate website.  A lady named Terry and her employees research weekly prices in many  stores--she then makes a list of each store telling you what is on sale, what percentage you are saving, where you can find the coupons.  She lists the freebies in green, the best buys in blue and the "sales" that you can buy only if you need the item.   I spend about 20 minutes a week clipping coupons or printing them off from her site.  I have routinely saved 30% and  have saved up to 50% or more on my groceries.  People who wish to spend more time can really save alot.  I loved this site because it saves me time and I only print off items I use.  She has a trial membership for the first month that costs one dollar.  You can't go wrong trying it out.