1.8

Greyhound Bus Service

1.8

Pros

Cons

If you can't drive yourself, go Greyhound.

I have traveled by Greyhound many times, although I was transfered to alternate bus lines, many times, because of my destination. So far there have been no problems with these transfers. If you know in advance when and where you will be going, you can buy a seven day advance ticket, and, in my research and personal experience, save over half the cost of a regular priced ticket.

I have never had a bad experience. Once, years ago, the Greyhound had a flat tire. Evidently they just can't be fixed on the side of the road. We did have to wait, in the middle of nowhere, for a replacement, but they sent a really nice bus to take us on to our next transfer.

Funny and a little creepy once. A woman was being deported by bus, I don't know the thinking on that one, but, in my opinion, she needed to be hospitalized, she had serious mental disability issues. The bus driver did a great job of handling the situation.

I haven't traveled by Greyhound in the past few years, but would if I needed to.

I refuse to use Greyhound!

My daughter took a Greyhound Bus last night. She left from Chicago at 7pm and was due to arrive in Champaign Illinois at 8:30, think it was. Well that didnt happen. The bus pulled over because the de-foggers werent working. The rain outside didnt help any. The Bus Driver called in and requested another bus. That bus didnt come for another 2 hours. My daughter and the other passengers were stranded until then. They reached Champaign at 2am in the morning. And to make matters worse, my daughters "duffle bag" was the only bag missing on the bus. They said it was left behind on the broken down bus. How the heck do ya leave ONE bag behind? It's 2pm here and my daughter's still waiting on a call about her bag. This is insane! I personally would never take this bus! And neither will my daughter!

Excellent service

from Houston

Comments about Greyhound Bus Service:

on the 9th of September I forgot my wallet at the McAllen greyhound bus station on my way to Houston. I realised i forgot it when i got to Houston, I immediately called the customer service to my surprise they had my wallet and told me i would get the wallet on the next bus coming to Houston. I was scared that i would lose everything my money, cards etc. Well 2 days later i went to Houston station to get the wallet and i found everything not even one missing thing. I'm very grateful for that..McAllen Greyhound bus station gets a 4 star.

Terrible service

from Columbus GA

Comments about Greyhound Bus Service:

This was some of the worse service I have ever seen. Very unprofessional!!!! Can't even speak to someone in this country when you call customer services. 15 min stops turn into 2 hour stops.They never know where there busses are. You call the bus stations and the numbers are disconnected! Or they simply choose not to answer the phone. SMH never ever again

WORST SERVICE EVER point.blank.period

from Newyork, NY

WORST SERVICE EVER, I repeat WORSE SERVICE EVER *dont waste money*
One of their so called "employees" gave me the WRONG gate number and the lady working there had the nerve to tell mw that I couldnt get on the next ride Mined you the man employee told me the wrong gate number so my bus left so I tried to get on the next bus and she told me that I couldnt get on it because cuz tickets didnt match with her "line-up"so therefore I COULDNT get on the BUS but I did anyway so this mtf gon call the cops etc. and uncessary anyways long story short I want my money back, since they wanna waste my time, ill catch them in court

Greyhound drowning old paradigm

from Denver, Co.

Comments about Greyhound Bus Service:

Greyhound buses have a great opportunity to run skiers up and down the ski resorts everyday, however, there is a lack of trust and love in the corporate culture to justify any love from the public.
Maybe it is just me know wants to save the world, traffic congestion and stress of other drivers by sharing the ride on a bus. There is a prime market for this in Denver. Greyhound misses their own bus for lack of friendly customer service, clean buses and technology to help move things along. The Bustang with app pay the driver and usb wifi easily will take it's placed once it realizes that going with the flow makes sense for the traffic, environment and stress relief of others.

not accommodating for family emergency. Needs improvement!

from Raleigh NC

Comments about Greyhound Bus Service:

My most recent experience with greyhound is an unfortunately and absolutely avoidable one. Since purchasing a non-refundable ticket to meet my family at a destination for Thanksgiving, the quality of life of a family member fighting cancer has rapidly deteriorated to the point of being bed ridden with excruciating pain, even after multiple treatments and surgeries. My heartfelt and loving family collectively decided to go visit him instead of the destination, as he can't travel and this may be the last time many of us sees him alive. I contacted Greyhound and the automated phone system said to go to my local station for fastest service, or mail in my ticket in asking for a refund. At the local station they said I had to call a different number, and mail my ticket. The phone representatives said the only thing I can do with my non-refundable ticket is pay $20 to change the time. After much explanation and speaking with her supervisor, the same thing was reiterated to me: that that is my only option. My significant other tried on two other occasions and was given the same info.

I am distraught and disgusted that in a time of emotional upset from unforeseen family circumstances of the worst variety (family member dying of cancer), Greyhound is doing absolutely NOTHING to help me out, other than say I can PAY THEM more money to change the time of a trip that has dissolved into nothing. And just to get to the point of speaking on the phone with a representative was difficult and not straightforward. The folks at my local station seemed to think I could get a refund, given my circumstances. No customer should have to work so hard to contact the service department. I am incredibly disappointed.

When I've taken greyhound in the past, my experience has been 'ok', 2 to 3 star ok. I felt safe and the buses were decently clean. I arrived at my destinations. The drivers were mostly friendly. On the negative side, all the buses were late. I understand traffic and station deal

Horrible!!!

from Salem, OR

Comments about Greyhound Bus Service:

Omg. Horrible. If you have a chance don't choose to drive on the bus!!! Never!!! That's something horrible what ever was happening in my life. Service is BAD!! So dirty inside. Dirty people lying everywhere and don't wanna share sits. Even stupid WiFi didn't work!!!!! NEVER USE IT!!!!. That's was my huge mistake to drive on that bus. Sits are not comfortable!!! And have sharp things in it. They also didn't move. Because of that you have a very little spot for your legs. And at the end of the bus some people were drinking alcohol.

I would not recommend their services to the disabled people

from New Orleans

Comments about Greyhound Bus Service:

I have experienced discrimination because of disability as well as my mom whom we unfortunately have the same problem of mobility. On a trip very far away that I had planned for too long, it was quite expensive but since I really had to visit family i still paid for the trip. I think that it was the worst idea to travel on this transportation vehicle. Once they have you as a customer, they treat you like you are not valuable , specially as a disabled or handy cap person. I really don't have the answer why to this. It is irrational, we would think that as customers who are disabled you would be treated with dignity since you paid so much money for a long distance trip.I am not saying all drivers or employees are this way, but the unfortunate thing was that I got the bad luck that day that I was traveling. They would not want to help me with my bags into the bus and they would see that I need crutches. It is a very bad idea specially if you are disabled to travel with greyhound, some are too lazy to help that they would prefer to escorts you if you disagree with their rude treatment or call the cops on you because they think they could just abuse of their power and they don't want to deal ppl. Who disagree with their awful treatment

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Greyhound passenger Experience's

from Phoenix, Arizona 85053

Comments about Greyhound Bus Service:

Greyhound passenger Experience's that me my self have had have ben ok for the money. Nothing like a grate way to travel. Flying is one thing but ground travel is another. The only thing about ground travel with greyhound bus lines is the time to get from point A to point B. But for the money you can not beat the option. Remember Greyhound Bus Lines have always thought about us the passengers. By updating their buses and stations. A grate passage with Greyhound Bus Lines is always a good option for me. Well it is what it is I am a thin man. And riding Greyhound is most defiantly a relaxing trip. With wider seating then before. It makes it better then driving my self. And being I have no car to travel in I can not complain right. Take time to try Greyhound for your next trip. The only time you might find the bus trip harsh is when the bus is packed. now their might be no sleeping time right. Some Greyhound Buses do have television options. And other have wireless Internet connections. Nothing like Internet. Well its time to take time to take a trip. So go to your local Greyhound and travel.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

greyhound

from panama city fla

Comments about Greyhound Bus Service:

my biggest problem is out rages food prices

disappointed

from Buffalo ny

Comments about Greyhound Bus Service:

I have noting good to say about Greyhound. Yes I do the buses are up to date clean that's it. I am an African Americans, I can say this because it s. True on my way to Orlando FL. Most of all the African Americans, had attitudes, the, womens, bis respectful, the African American, men ,was nice.
The bus schedule go out there way. People be tired, they need to get together and talk about how to mack the schedule shorter, yes price fare, is good, but two to three-day on bus to Orlando come on stop the press. Lol, get it to gether,