1.8

Greyhound Bus Service

1.8

Pros

Cons

If you can't drive yourself, go Greyhound.

I have traveled by Greyhound many times, although I was transfered to alternate bus lines, many times, because of my destination. So far there have been no problems with these transfers. If you know in advance when and where you will be going, you can buy a seven day advance ticket, and, in my research and personal experience, save over half the cost of a regular priced ticket.

I have never had a bad experience. Once, years ago, the Greyhound had a flat tire. Evidently they just can't be fixed on the side of the road. We did have to wait, in the middle of nowhere, for a replacement, but they sent a really nice bus to take us on to our next transfer.

Funny and a little creepy once. A woman was being deported by bus, I don't know the thinking on that one, but, in my opinion, she needed to be hospitalized, she had serious mental disability issues. The bus driver did a great job of handling the situation.

I haven't traveled by Greyhound in the past few years, but would if I needed to.

I refuse to use Greyhound!

My daughter took a Greyhound Bus last night. She left from Chicago at 7pm and was due to arrive in Champaign Illinois at 8:30, think it was. Well that didnt happen. The bus pulled over because the de-foggers werent working. The rain outside didnt help any. The Bus Driver called in and requested another bus. That bus didnt come for another 2 hours. My daughter and the other passengers were stranded until then. They reached Champaign at 2am in the morning. And to make matters worse, my daughters "duffle bag" was the only bag missing on the bus. They said it was left behind on the broken down bus. How the heck do ya leave ONE bag behind? It's 2pm here and my daughter's still waiting on a call about her bag. This is insane! I personally would never take this bus! And neither will my daughter!

Greyhound drowning old paradigm

from Denver, Co.

Comments about Greyhound Bus Service:

Greyhound buses have a great opportunity to run skiers up and down the ski resorts everyday, however, there is a lack of trust and love in the corporate culture to justify any love from the public.
Maybe it is just me know wants to save the world, traffic congestion and stress of other drivers by sharing the ride on a bus. There is a prime market for this in Denver. Greyhound misses their own bus for lack of friendly customer service, clean buses and technology to help move things along. The Bustang with app pay the driver and usb wifi easily will take it's placed once it realizes that going with the flow makes sense for the traffic, environment and stress relief of others.

not accommodating for family emergency. Needs improvement!

from Raleigh NC

Comments about Greyhound Bus Service:

My most recent experience with greyhound is an unfortunately and absolutely avoidable one. Since purchasing a non-refundable ticket to meet my family at a destination for Thanksgiving, the quality of life of a family member fighting cancer has rapidly deteriorated to the point of being bed ridden with excruciating pain, even after multiple treatments and surgeries. My heartfelt and loving family collectively decided to go visit him instead of the destination, as he can't travel and this may be the last time many of us sees him alive. I contacted Greyhound and the automated phone system said to go to my local station for fastest service, or mail in my ticket in asking for a refund. At the local station they said I had to call a different number, and mail my ticket. The phone representatives said the only thing I can do with my non-refundable ticket is pay $20 to change the time. After much explanation and speaking with her supervisor, the same thing was reiterated to me: that that is my only option. My significant other tried on two other occasions and was given the same info.

I am distraught and disgusted that in a time of emotional upset from unforeseen family circumstances of the worst variety (family member dying of cancer), Greyhound is doing absolutely NOTHING to help me out, other than say I can PAY THEM more money to change the time of a trip that has dissolved into nothing. And just to get to the point of speaking on the phone with a representative was difficult and not straightforward. The folks at my local station seemed to think I could get a refund, given my circumstances. No customer should have to work so hard to contact the service department. I am incredibly disappointed.

When I've taken greyhound in the past, my experience has been 'ok', 2 to 3 star ok. I felt safe and the buses were decently clean. I arrived at my destinations. The drivers were mostly friendly. On the negative side, all the buses were late. I understand traffic and station deal

Horrible!!!

from Salem, OR

Comments about Greyhound Bus Service:

Omg. Horrible. If you have a chance don't choose to drive on the bus!!! Never!!! That's something horrible what ever was happening in my life. Service is BAD!! So dirty inside. Dirty people lying everywhere and don't wanna share sits. Even stupid WiFi didn't work!!!!! NEVER USE IT!!!!. That's was my huge mistake to drive on that bus. Sits are not comfortable!!! And have sharp things in it. They also didn't move. Because of that you have a very little spot for your legs. And at the end of the bus some people were drinking alcohol.

I would not recommend their services to the disabled people

from New Orleans

Comments about Greyhound Bus Service:

I have experienced discrimination because of disability as well as my mom whom we unfortunately have the same problem of mobility. On a trip very far away that I had planned for too long, it was quite expensive but since I really had to visit family i still paid for the trip. I think that it was the worst idea to travel on this transportation vehicle. Once they have you as a customer, they treat you like you are not valuable , specially as a disabled or handy cap person. I really don't have the answer why to this. It is irrational, we would think that as customers who are disabled you would be treated with dignity since you paid so much money for a long distance trip.I am not saying all drivers or employees are this way, but the unfortunate thing was that I got the bad luck that day that I was traveling. They would not want to help me with my bags into the bus and they would see that I need crutches. It is a very bad idea specially if you are disabled to travel with greyhound, some are too lazy to help that they would prefer to escorts you if you disagree with their rude treatment or call the cops on you because they think they could just abuse of their power and they don't want to deal ppl. Who disagree with their awful treatment

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Greyhound passenger Experience's

from Phoenix, Arizona 85012

Comments about Greyhound Bus Service:

Greyhound passenger Experience's that me my self have had have ben ok for the money. Nothing like a grate way to travel. Flying is one thing but ground travel is another. The only thing about ground travel with greyhound bus lines is the time to get from point A to point B. But for the money you can not beat the option. Remember Greyhound Bus Lines have always thought about us the passengers. By updating their buses and stations. A grate passage with Greyhound Bus Lines is always a good option for me. Well it is what it is I am a thin man. And riding Greyhound is most defiantly a relaxing trip. With wider seating then before. It makes it better then driving my self. And being I have no car to travel in I can not complain right. Take time to try Greyhound for your next trip. The only time you might find the bus trip harsh is when the bus is packed. now their might be no sleeping time right. Some Greyhound Buses do have television options. And other have wireless Internet connections. Nothing like Internet. Well its time to take time to take a trip. So go to your local Greyhound and travel.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

greyhound

from panama city fla

Comments about Greyhound Bus Service:

my biggest problem is out rages food prices

disappointed

from Buffalo ny

Comments about Greyhound Bus Service:

I have noting good to say about Greyhound. Yes I do the buses are up to date clean that's it. I am an African Americans, I can say this because it s. True on my way to Orlando FL. Most of all the African Americans, had attitudes, the, womens, bis respectful, the African American, men ,was nice.
The bus schedule go out there way. People be tired, they need to get together and talk about how to mack the schedule shorter, yes price fare, is good, but two to three-day on bus to Orlando come on stop the press. Lol, get it to gether,

A nightmare!

from Home

Comments about Greyhound Bus Service:

July 7, boarded in OKC for my return trip to Mn. I've yet to see a decent, clean bus station with affordable food or snacks; KC, Mo has a small "cafe", but it was too crowded to get served even one of their pitiful grease bombs. Other options are $3.00 (3 oz.) Pkts of peanuts, & bottled water costs the same. Nothing for less. I won't mention the toilets, sitting areas, etc. The drivers & staff are mostly rude & unhelpful.
After 27 long hours, I stepped out of the bus to be told my baggage was gone. Both bags, tgged & loaded nto the bus. I've been trying ever since to get someone to JUST LOOK for mu bags, with my file & tacking numbers.
A terrible company with Nasty employees. Absolutely indifferent to clients'requzt & questiond & requests for assstnce.
I used to love rding the bus, but Greyhound has plunged straight downhill. Discouraging & shameul.

Greyhound "Bait & Switch":

from Syracuse NY

Comments about Greyhound Bus Service:

I have to say that I was very disappointed on my "Greyhound" trip this past week... I booked a fully refundable round-trip ticket from SYR to NYC online through the Greyhound website. I had not traveled on a bus in almost 40 years, but the rates were too good to pass up and the buses looked great...

I printed my ticket at home and both the tickets were labeled "Priority Seating", but the only the return was marked "Trailways"... I assumed this to be like an airline "code share" arrangement, and didn't think anything of it. I paid "full price" for a refundable ticket and priority seating and comparable amenities. Specifically it said (on my RETURN ticket ONLY):

"This part of your trip will be with our partner bus company, NEW YORK TRAILWAYS ###. Some of our partner carriers are unable to honor priority boarding, but you'll still get all the other great perks that come with your chosen fare."

When I got to the SYR station, it was NOT a modern Greyhound bus that waited for me... It was an older Trailways bus with cloth seats, cramped legroom, and a disgusting bathroom... Certainly NOT the leatherette seats and spacious, "upscale" interior, in the very nice Prevost bus advertised on the Greyhound website.

Everyone was already in line, so I got in line, too. When I got to the bus, I asked about the "Priority Seating" and was told "Oh, you should have come to the front of the line first..." No announcements, no signage, nothing... How was I to know?

On the return trip from NYC, I went right to the agent at the front of the line when I arrived at the terminal, and showed them the "Priority Seating" designation on my ticket. He said "We don't do that here." Are you kidding? I paid extra for that "great perk" and never got it.

On both buses, the rest room was filthy and foul smelling, the WiFi was spotty at best (I had to keep re-logging on) and on the return bus, the AC power plugs (to charge cell phones, laptops, etc) were so loose the plug kept falling out. Neither

Military Beware Not Fit To Travel

from El Paso

Comments about Greyhound Bus Service:

Do not EVER and I repeat EVER take a greyhound bus ride. They are nothing less short of the nastiest people I have ever had customer service with. I took a trip from Charleston SC to El Paso Texas. The ride started out fine until I got to Atlanta GA. At 11:30 We were suppose to have left at 11:35. When I got on the bus with my carry on bag that I was told by the check in lady it was ok the bus driver told me to put it under the bus. I did not have Grey Hound insurance on that bag because it was never suppose to leave my hands. That bag has a $699 Camera in it. A $399 50mm Lens and a $160 70-200MM Sigma Lens in it. Then when I went to check the bag in and get back on the bus the bus driver shut the door on me and would not let me in and just stared at me for four minutes. I proceed to sit down two seats behind him the backup driver who was sick at the time was spraying lysol on her seats and sprayed me in the mouth. After that she said sorry sarcastically. As the bus started moving in motion the bus driver started with the rules and stated that their will be no use of fowl language on the bus. The passenger next to me then stated"what would be the punishment for using fowl language" the bus driver then replied "You know what the punishment would be young man" in reference to me. I stated to him that that was not me who said that and the lady next to me said that it was her the bus driver then proceeded to say "well ma'am if you are using fowl language it must be because of the young man next to you and we would have to kick him off the bus ". After all that and finally arriving in Dallas a day later I watched them throw my bag on its side as they unloaded the carriage. They broke the focusing mechanisms on my 50mm, and on my 70-200mm were now you can hear springs popping loose and it sticks. They would only refund me $250. if your driver has the right to make that decision he represents your company. You resume responsibility for his decisions