Other Juicers:
Green Star Complete Juice Extractors

Green Star Complete Juice Extractors

Can be good

Comments about Green Star Complete Juice Extractors:

This machine is supposed to be one of the best of these types of juicers (which I've heard are healthier). However, keep in mind that this machine is very slow and has a very narrow shoot (only about the width of a carrot or slightly larger). If you're looking for a machine that will make juicing quick and easy this isn't the machine.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
There is a screw piece at one end that you can tighten to have less pulp in the juice. However, it's not really practical since you can only tighten it so far before the machine will plug up and require you to loosen it up a bit (meaning more pulp will be in the juice).

This machine is a pain to clean! There are so many piece and they are kind of intricate and have some tight corners. The metal mesh type screen is the hardest to clean and needs to be cleaned during the juicing (if you're doing more than just a glassful or two) and afterwards. The pulp gets stuck in the mesh and requires a lot of heavy scrubbing to remove.

The actual blades (not sure what the correct term is) themselves are metal but basically the rest of the machine is plastic. My machine has several pieces that are chipped and/or cracked, and I don't even use it that often.

• Pulp Setting Effectiveness:
  • Stability While in Use:
  • Versatility/Number of Features:

Even though this is an expensive machine, it does the job well

Comments about Green Star Complete Juice Extractors:

The Green Star Complete Juice Extractor GS-2000 is a wonderful machine. We have used our for years without any problems. We have made carrot juice in mass quantities. I believe we have juiced 10 pounds of carrots at one time. This machine has never failed us. We also like to add some fresh beets, ginger and apple to the carrot juice. This adds a nice flavor. This machine also makes wonderful ice cream. It takes frozen bananas, some chocolate powder, avocado and alittle bit of another fruit for a wonderful frozen dessert! It is a wonderful, versatile machine. We also made fresh orange juice as well as raw almond butter. Just put the raw almonds through the machine for delicious almond butter. The machine comes with many attachments. It is a bit of work to clean these attachments but in time you can clean them faster. We have never had to replace any of our attachments. It is very important that the metal grinder pieces are lined up correctly with the dot in the right place or this could damage the machine. We purchased our machine through Halleluiah Acres. This is Green Star Complete Juice Extractor is the machine they recommend. It can also be purchased directly through the Green Star company. They send out a very nice and informative brochure advertising all of their products each year.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
This is very effective. We tried to figure out some things that we could make with this pulp so that we didn't waste it. We tried a cracker recipe before. Good for composting though.

Stability While in Use
This machine doesn't tilt or move easily. My children have used the machine often to make juice for our family.

It is a bit of work to clean this machine. Especially the final filter part. Very fine little holes. But it is doable!

We have used the Green Star juice for many years without any malfunction or breakdown. The pieces are very durable as well as the motor itself.

Versatility/Number of Features
As I mentioned before, it makes juice, frozen treats and almond butter. Many more recipes could be used as well.

• Pulp Setting Effectiveness:
  • Stability While in Use:
  • Versatility/Number of Features:

I Can't Imagine Being Without This Appliance!

from Virginia Beach, VA

Comments about Green Star Complete Juice Extractors:

After years of battling gallbladder issues and depression, I decided to try the natural approach and change my diet.  Juicing was a vital part of this new method of eating a raw food diet so I researched online and made my decision to purchase this item based on consumer reviews and price.  I wanted a good quality juicer and it need to be in a mid-range price.  This one fit the bill perfectly.  It was much heavier than what I expected but it was obviously a well-made, durable and sturdy appliance.  The 2000 is the middle of the road model so it comes with more attachments than the base appliance but less than the 3000.  My sole purpose for this appliance was to juice vegetables and it has served that purpose well.  I've heard some say that it is quite a task to clean but I haven't had much trouble although I do have a pull out sprayer faucet with a powerful spray which helps tremendously when cleaning fiber from the parts. The brush that is included to clean also has a pointed tip for areas that are hard to get to with an ordinary brush.  It takes me about 10 - 15 minutes to clean up which doesn't seem like much considering that cleaning up after cooking takes equally as long if not longer.  I also like that the juice doesn't oxidize as quickly as it does with the lower quality juicers.  This machine was purchased in 2003 and has not had any problems.  The Green Star was a good investment and I would recommend this juicer to anyone looking to purchase an excellent quality juicer in a mid-range price.