3.5
Green Giant
Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese Sauce

Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese Sauce

3.5

Way better than I thought it was going to be!

I try to squeeze in vegetables in my meals where ever I can.  Maybe I'm lazy, but popping veggies in the microwave are my kind of veggies!  I had a coupon for the family size bag of **Green Giant Broccoli & Three Cheese Sauce**, so I thought that would be a good time to try it.

I love cheese sauce on broccoli but I try to avoid it because it is so high in calories and fat.  When I saw that the **Green Giant Broccoli & Three Cheese** **Sauce** was low in calories and fat, I just had to try it.  I was a little skeptical because how good could a healthy cheese sauce be?

I am totally impressed!  Although the cheese sauce isn't a gooey, melted cheese kind of cheese sauce, it is a good tasting cheese sauce that definitely helps out the bland broccoli.  The sauce itself it kind of thin, but it is still creamy and cheese-like.  The broccoli pieces are the perfect size.  The bag includes both stalk and florets and they are all bite-size.  The bag is big; it fed my husband and I for two different dinners.

**Nutrition for 1 cup: **45 calories, 1.5g fat, 7g carbs, 2g fiber, 3g protein

Green Giant also makes these other vegetable with sauce varieties:

- Nibblets Corn & Butter Sauce
- Roasted Potatoes & Garlic Herb Sauce
- Pasta, Broccoli, Carrots & Garlic Sauce
- Pasta, Broccoli & Alfredo Sauce

**The Scoop!**

Even though the cheese sauce doesn't taste like real cheese, it is good tasting.  I will continue to buy the **Broccoli & Three Cheese Sauce **and look forward to trying their other varieties.

Green Giant Brocoli & Cheese Sauce: A lot to like but...

We have homegrown broccoli for a few short weeks in summer and then it is back to frozen.  Green Giant has frozen broccoli & cheese sauce that has a lot going...Read complete review

We have homegrown broccoli for a few short weeks in summer and then it is back to frozen.  Green Giant has frozen broccoli & cheese sauce that has a lot going for it.

**What's to like about Green Giant Broccoli & Cheese Sauce:**

-easy to prepare by microwave or stove top

-cheese sauce is very tasty

-broccoli has a healthy, bright color

-only 60 calories per serving

The cheese sauce on this broccoli honestly doesn't look like there's much to it.  I didn't want glops of cheese sauce to counter the healthy benefits of eating broccoli but this looked so thin it had me skeptical about the taste.  I was pleasantly surprised.  The cheese sauce is very tasty and just enough.

**My only beef:**

My only real beef with the broccoli and cheese by Green Giant is that it has at least half broccoli stalks.  I like broccoli stalks O.K. and expect some but I was disappointed in the proportions.  Some people at my table aren't going to eat them at all.

***My Viewpoint: *** Overall the cheese sauce is tasty, the florets are fresh and tender but I wish it had less stalks.  It is still a healthy and easy to prepare side dish.

Stems and Stalks- no Heads

from Awhatukee , AZ

Comments about Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese Sauce:

I've tried this brand of Broccoli & Cheese 3 times now. Always a disappointment.
In one entire bag I get two or LESS Broccoli heads. All the rest are stems & stalk. My last bag I found two very small heads and nothing but Stalk after that. Such a huge disappointment. I'll make my own going forward.

I will not buy this product again

from Cedar Rapids Iowa

I got a 12 oz steamer bag and found
It should be named broccoli STEMS and cheese. Only found 4-5 blooms in the bag the rest was just chopped up leftover stems.

It tastes great!

Comments about Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese Sauce:

I love anything that has broccoli and anything that has cheese so finding this at the supermarket was like finding a pot of gold. When Green Giant first came out with their Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese Sauce, I instantly became addicted to it. I would literally fill up my freezer with them just for me. I would eat them on a daily basis from how much I loved them.
Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese Sauce come in a plastic bag that you would have to put a little whole in and cook it in the microwave. That alone bothered me so much but it never stopped me from eating them. Health wise, it is so unhealthy to use the microwave to cook anything in, let alone in a plastic bag. Also, a lot of times the broccoli would still be cold and not properly cooked, although I did use the recommended time and setting it says on the box.
Taste wise, I will say that Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese Sauce is delicious and very enjoyable. The cheese sauce is so smooth and creamy, I find myself licking it off the plate with my fingers. I ate it for a few months straight before I began thinking how unhealthy it was, which is the only reason I stopped eating it so often.
If you are looking to enjoy a good plate of broccoli and cheese, you would like this, but if you are worried about health issues, I would not recommend this for you.

Cheap, easy and tasty?

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese Sauce:

I happen to be a big fan of broccoli. I also happen to be an even bigger fan of green giant's vegetable products. Amazingly, I don't often eat broccoli and cheese, not because I think it's nasty - I don't, it's just not something I think about too often. Even so, my husband and children simply love the stuff so every now and then, I indulge. I didn't quite know what to expect of Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese Sauce concerning taste, I just expected it to be good. I wasn't let down. Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese Sauce is really good. It is cheesy and creamy, just make sure to stir it up really well, it can have a few cheese typed clumps here and there. The broccoli came out the way I like it, not overly cooked although, my husband says it's a bit too tough in texture, I guess you can work around the small issue of random lumps and the actual level of cook time needed to get it to come out exactly the way you like it. Overall, a really good culinary experience.

Really good and quick way to eat your veggies

Comments about Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese Sauce:

I love fresh broccoli with cheese sauce, but sometimes I do not have the time to prepare it. I always keep a few of Green Giants Broccoli and Cheese Sauce kits in my freezer. They are quick and easy to prepare either via the stove or the microwave. I am very pleased with the quality and appearance of the broccoli. It is a nice size and the color is vibrant. It cooks up nice and tender. I love the cheese sauce as well. It tastes rich and creamy. Some guests that I have served this to actually think that I made it myself.

Well, least it is "healthy"

Comments about Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese Sauce:

You would think that a large company like Green Giant would deliver a little better on vegetables. Do not let the package fool you, the bulk of the product inside are stems, some of them are oddly textured and have to be spit out because you just can not chew them enough. The texture of the florets is sub-par and the cheese sauce is kind of runny, but tastes good. Easy to prepare.

I would recommend this product to others, as long as they are not expecting something amazing

Frozen broccoli with cheese sauce that's frozen.

Comments about Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese Sauce:

Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese Sauce is a great vegetable to keep in your freezer. It make a frozen vegetable a little fancy. The Green Giant version is very tasty, while some other brands leave a lot to be desired. The texture can get a little mushy, but I find this to be true of pretty much all frozen vegetables.

Really wanted to like this but the flavor fell short.

Comments about Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese Sauce:

I love broccoli and cheese together so I really wanted to like Green Giant broccoli and cheese sauce. The convenience of just having to heat it up in the microwave is great but I just wasn't impressed with the taste. The cheese sauce was a little bland. Also, I couldn't seem to get the broccoli soft enough for my liking. I'll stick to making my own broccoli and cheese.

Green Giant Brocoli & Cheese Sauce: A lot to like but...

from Big Island, VA

**My only beef:**

awful

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese Sauce:

If I could give it zero stars I would.  The title of this bag should be "Broccoli Stems in cheese-like sauce"  Caution: some florettes might be included.  Cheese sauce was skimpy and runny.  I had to beef it up on my own.  There were hardly any florettes of broccoli in here, mainly stems.  Tough stems.  I make a better product myself for less.  But was looking for a time saver.  This was not, because I ended up having to add some cheese to the sauce anyway.  Will not buy again.