Other Dairies:

Great Value (Walmart) Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Not as Fresh

from Utah

Comments about Great Value (Walmart) Shredded Mozzarella Cheese:

I decided to try this mozzarella cheese since it was on sale and a decent price, but I was a little bit disappointed in it. The bag was sealed well, and the expiration date was quite a while from the time that we bought it. However, it did not taste quite as fresh and good as other brands of mozzarella cheese that I have eaten. It wasn't terrible, and perhaps if it was being cooked into something then it would work all right. But when we used it on pizza that has the cheese as one of the primary flavors, it just wasn't as good as other cheeses that we have used. Next time I will pay a little bit more for a name-brand cheese that will turn out tasting better. On a positive side, the consistency of the cheese was quite good, and it was shredded quite well. It did was easy to work with and use as we prepared our food. But the downside of the taste just outweighs the positives that this cheese has.

Great value and great quality.

Comments about Great Value (Walmart) Shredded Mozzarella Cheese:

My husband bought great value shredded mozzarella because it was cheaper than the other. I was uncertain at first because at times you find that the generic brand usually tastes horrible. I was shocked to discover the taste was just as good as the other brands. I was able to save money and not have to sacrifice the great taste of mozzarella.

Decent cheese for cheap!

Comments about Great Value (Walmart) Shredded Mozzarella Cheese:

This cheese works if you're planning on using it to cook. It is a cheap cheese, which is awesome when you need to buy a lot of bags for cooking! Mozzarella cheese isn't something I normally skimp on, but this is too good to pass up. I use it all the time for lasagnas, pasta, chicken dishes, and omelettes. However, it doesn't taste great alone. I highly recommend this cheese if you're baking or need a lot of cheese! If you're a cheese snob I would stay away from this stuff though.

Great tasting and inexpensive cheese!

Comments about Great Value (Walmart) Shredded Mozzarella Cheese:

I buy this all the time for lasagna, stuffed shells, any Italian dish, or even for tacos. It tastes just as good as the name brands and is much less expensive! I think its great quality. This is my go-to cheese when I need to use a lot of shredded cheese in my dinners!

I buy this often and it works well for me.

Comments about Great Value (Walmart) Shredded Mozzarella Cheese:

I use mozzarella cheese in many dishes. When I don't have time to grate it myself I buy it already shredded in a package. I used to buy a more expensive brand until I saw this Great Value shredded mozzarella cheese and noticed that it was cheaper so I decided to try it. I've used it several times since then and it is now the only kind of shredded mozzarella cheese I buy. It melts quickly and has a good taste. I really can't tell a difference between this and the more expensive brand I used to buy. I would recommend.