Other Dog Foods:

Gravy Train Beef Flavor Dry Dog Food

Pros

Cons

The Best Food With Options

I have been feeding my best friend this Gravy Train Dry Dog Food Beef Treats for years now. He seems to really dig into it and enjoy the food. I love the fact that it can be served dry or wet with the gravy. My dog loves the fact that it can be served wet or dry too because he never gets bored with the so called same old food. In the summer time i usually feed the food to him dry, And in the winter i usually feed the food to him wet. I make it with warm water and he loves it. I really like the fact that when you add water to the food it makes its own gravy. The Gravy Train dog food is a balanced nutrition food for your pet. The factory puts all the right ingredients in the food and don't over do it to where your pet becomes unhealthy. This food fills up my pet fast when i have the gravy with it. I have a very picky dog and he won't eat most oods on the market so when i did find and try the Gravy Train i was very happy and surprised that he liked it. I would definitely recomend this dog food to any other pet owner. Especially if their pet is picky.

Horrible for your pets.

This is one of those extremely cheap dog foods that people buy for their pets and then find out that it is so horrible for them. I had bought this bag because it was a few days before payday and I didn't have a lot of money and didn't want to spend all of it on their normal food which was a lot more expensive. This was my major mistake and I know how awful that it was now. This food is super cheap, and that shows through in the quality of the food, it is cheap. This is beef flavored, meaning it is made with absolutely no real beef and actually if you read the ingredients it is made with nothing that you can read or understand, everything is some kind of biproduct that is unheard of. After I gave this to my dogs I found out fast how bad it was for them, it made them all violently ill, they all got stomach problems from it and made a mess all over my house. I would say that even if it seems cheap, it is cheaply made and that shows through to your poor pets who will really suffer the consequences.

Riding that train.

from Rome,GA

Comments about Gravy Train Beef Flavor Dry Dog Food:

I bought the gravy train for my dog while I was out shopping for other stuff. I just happened to remember the commercials from when I was little. I just wanted to find out if my dog Dutchess would like this brand so I bought a small bag just to try it. She seemed to really enjoy it with and without the gravy, she had no ill effects from the food as I have seen with some brands. I have noticed some brands tend to make her have really messy bathroom habits. I actually tend to think my particular dog prefers the Gravy Train without the gravy being made. I would probably have to agree, it is a whole lot less messier than when I add the water and create the gravy to go with the food. I think the Gravy Train is a great product with a great history from my own memories and experiences. I would certainly recommend buying this brand of dog food to my friends. My dog seems to really enjoy it and the special gravy component makes it almost as if it is a treat for her occasionally.

Horrible for your pets.

from Elko, Nevada

• Flavor Selection:

Beef flavor Gravy Train is the basic flavor my dog enjoys

Comments about Gravy Train Beef Flavor Dry Dog Food:

I have found most of my dogs over the years tire of eating dry dog food daily and that is why I like Gravy Train. It can be set out in it's dry form or I add a bit of hot water and let it set for a few moments and then give it a good stir and it becomes a semi soft dish with a nice gravy. I then make my dog happy that he isn't eating it the same way constantly. There are times when I add a little chicken drippings and bits of chicken and I never see him not clean his bowl completely. My Dozerdog is very important to me and I would not feed him anything that I would not feel is beneficial to his health which I am sure that is how most folks feel about our four pawed friends. My Dozerdog is a large guy (80 plus) pounds and he has eaten Gravy Train products for a few years now and I feel it is one of the better brands for any breed. My Dozerdog is a mix of 3 large breeds and his coat and all around health is good so the food is doing a good job.

Quality of Ingredients
Compared to other brands of dog food I have tried and read about I feel the type and quality of the ingredients have been beneficial as my Dozerdog has plenty of energy and even at four years old he bounces around like a youngster and his coat looks good. I attribute this to the food he consumes and he has not at this point had need for vitamins or other special supplements.

Flavor Selection
My Dozerdog definitely prefers a Beef flavor so that is what I use in the dry food, It seems to make him happy so I can say the beef flavor works good for us.

• Flavor Selection:

My dog likes this food mixed with water.

from Kansas

Comments about Gravy Train Beef Flavor Dry Dog Food:

As directed on the bag, the Gravy Train Beef Flavor Dry Dog Food can be served dry or wet. You can simply mix a little bit of water in with the dry food and it creates a gravy and softens the dog food so it's more like a wet food. This food is like a two-in-one, really. It is a dry dog food and can be a wet dog food! My Scottish terrier, who is a very picky eater, LOVES this food when it is wet. But he will not get near it when it is dry, which is why I rated this an 8. This is a very affordable food which is why I tried it in the first place. I didn't expect my dog to enjoy it, since he is so picky with his food, but I was surprised when he loved the food wet.

You can get a big bag of this food at a very low price. If you are on a budget this is perfect. It's convenient because this food can be served dry or wet. When you follow the instructions on the bag the food really becomes the texture of your typical wet dog food. Like I state previously my picky dog loves this food when it is wet. It is hard to find food he will not just walk away from. I was excited when he liked this food served wet since it is so much cheaper than his usual wet food preference. My dog will gobble this food up! Now, when it comes to just giving him the dry version of this food my dog wants nothing to do with it. He simply walks away from his dish. I can't really explain why he does this.

I kind of recommend this food. My dog will only eat it when it is wet but it's so hard to actually find a wet food he likes. He will not eat it when it is dry but I think that is just because he is such a picky eater. I like that this food can be either wet or dry and is cheap.

• Flavor Selection:

Now Gravy Train is the best so far! This product is very good.

Comments about Gravy Train Beef Flavor Dry Dog Food:

Now Gravy Train is the best so far! This product is very good and my dog loves it. I'm the mornings I can give it to him dry but at night I can wet it. I usually use warm water so it's like having a hot dinner meal with the family. It has vitamins as well as nourishment full of neutritions also he loves the beefy flavor. As soon as I open the bag he comes running! I can get this product in two flavors, one in beef (other meats included) or too keep him healthier the other in vegetables.

Gravy Train Dog Food

Comments about Gravy Train Beef Flavor Dry Dog Food:

In my opinion, Gravy Train is an excellent brand of dog food. My wife and I have been feeding it to our dog for years. The dog loves it and never seems to get tired of it. It can be served wet or dry, and the dog likes that about it, I think. The price is also very reasonable compared to other products of the same variety.

Its Gravy Goodness for your Dog

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Gravy Train Beef Flavor Dry Dog Food:

My dog Buddy will not eat any other type of dog food, and I am perfectly fine with that. It is affordable and its gravy mixture makes me feel good about serving it to my dog. it actually looks appetizing! The way that Buddy eats it, I am going to say that it is.

You can serve the food dry, or mix in a little warm water for a rich, meaty and gravy treat for your pet. I always serve it with water for buddy and he gobbles it right up each time. It just looks better than the dry version to me.

Gravy Train is available in several bag sizes. I choose the 10 pound bag. It is priced far more than the competition, and provides the very same goodness as those brands. You will feel good about feeding Gravy Train to your dog! you can find Gravy Train sold wherever other dog food and dog related items are sold, so it isn't going to be a manhunt for the food.

Gravy Train contains quality ingredients. It is a Dole monte product, so that provdes even more assurance in the purcahse.

Quality and wholesome ingredients

Flavor Selection
Only one flavor available that I am aware of. On the upside it is great-tasting, according to Buddy.

• Flavor Selection:

Good value, dogs love it.

Comments about Gravy Train Beef Flavor Dry Dog Food:

I have been feeding these to my dog and she loves it. The price isn't bad either considering the amount you get in the bag. It is also good becuase you can make it chewy by adding warm water and my dog loves that, actually prefers it to the dry food.
A good dog food overall.

• Flavor Selection:

My dog loves the gravy train!

Comments about Gravy Train Beef Flavor Dry Dog Food:

My dog enjoys this product everyday. It is nutritious and takes less to fill him up. It is the only dog food that we have found that he can consistently eat every day. For the price you absolutely can not find a better dog food. We like to add the wet gravy train in a can when we want to give him a special treat, and he loves it also. He has put on an appropriate weight with this formula without putting a lot of fat on and I can not see purchasing any other brand for him.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients in this formula keeps my dog fully satisfied with a medium serving in the morning and a medium serving at supper. His coat stays shiny and his teeth have improved. He has very much energy since we started him on this food and he can play and fetch for quite a while without getting tired.

Flavor Selection
I would like to see this brand in some different flavors. Although I would not change my dog to another brand, I would gladly let him try some different flavors. He does not seem to have a problem consistently wanting the original flavor, and I believe there is enough flavor in the original to keep him satisfied but would enjoy finding out his favorite flavor!

Gravy Train: Dogs Love the Taste, but the Ingredients are Awful

from Houston, TX

Comments about Gravy Train Beef Flavor Dry Dog Food:

Some specialty dog foods are quite expensive and also hard to find, but there are still dozens of brands that can be found most anyplace and sell for a low price. One of them is Gravy Train Dog Food, a food that has been around for decades and is still going reasonably strong.

Dog Food Facts and Commentary:

Gravy Train Dog Food is owned by Del Monte foods and it has more than fifty years of history to back it up. The brand has changed hands a few times, but it is still about the same now as it was a half century ago. The food consists of small chunks that create a meaty, gravy- like sauce when covered with a small amount of water.

Gravy Train Dog Food is a tasty food for dogs and any dog owner who has served this food will agree that their dog can’t get enough. The reason is the smell and taste. What dog wouldn’t like the taste of meat and a coating of beefy gravy? It is certainly one of the better dog foods when judged by taste and many owners may purchase it for that reason.

Gravy Train is inexpensive and easy to find, but I think we all know the main drawback to a dog food such as this: The ingredients. Just a brief glance at the ingredients list is enough to turn my stomach, and I’m not even the one eating the food. It is made with corn meal, soybeans, meat by products, and numerous fillers. There isn’t a single quality ingredient on the list and unless I misread the ingredients list, I didn’t see any real, quality meat at all.

Bottom Line Viewpoint:

Do dogs love the taste of Gravy Train? You bet they do, but the flavor doesn’t mask the inferior ingredients and for this reason alone, I cannot recommend this low quality food except as an occasional treat.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients in this product are very bad,

Flavor Selection
Dogs love the taste and may even overeat due to the great flavor.