3.6
Other Baby Monitors:
Audio Baby Monitors
Graco

3.6

Would not be without this monitor

Before we purchased a monitor, I polled my parent friends on the monitors they used.  I was undecided on whether or not we actually needed one and wanted to hear some real life experiences.  The ones that used monitors swore by them, and the ones that didn't use a monitor kept the baby in the room with them.  After some deliberation, we decided to go with an audio monitor.

We selected this monitor for several reasons.

1. It does not interfere (usually) with our cordeless phones.  When I use the cordless phone near the transmitter, I do get some fuzziness or interference, but it disappears when I move away from the transmitter

2. There are two reciever units.  We keep one next to my side of the bed, and one downstairs in our family room.  When we put our son to bed at night, we can stay downstairs but still "keep an ear on him."  With two receivers, I don't have to worry about carrying it around with me.

3. The receiver units can either be plugged in directly, or placed in a cradle to charge.  The set comes with two cradles that we leave plugged in at all times.  The receivers can be taken in and out easily and we've never had an issue with battery life

4. The recievers have a vibrate setting as well as a flashing light indicator.

5. The receiver volume is adjustable

Perhaps the only thing I really DON'T like about this monitor set is the brightness of the receiver light at night.  Since the unit is right next to my bed, the light seems particularly bright to me, and there is a light on both the receiver unit and the cradle (to indicate that the receiver is in the cradle).  Turning it away from me seems to help just a little.  I could cover up the lights with tape or paper, but it doesn't seem worth the hassle.

This is just one of several Graco products we have either purchased or been gifted with, and I am a firm believer in Graco's quality.  It is one of my most trusted baby brands, and generally the one I consider first for most baby purchases, either for ourselves or as gifts.

not worth the money

I guess I'm in the minority, but I do not like this monitor! The only positive thing I can say about it is that the sound quality is very good. We constantly have interference. The "red light" and beeping start if I'm on the cordless phone, and it also "goes red" for no reason quite frequently.  It's very annoying! My son dropped one receiver on the carpet from about 12 inches up, and now that battery is broken, so that receiver can only be plugged in; we can't use the base charger for that one. The charge on the other one doesn't last very long. It used two, with my first son, but I had another baby 21 months later, and the low battery alert comes on within 15 minutes or so. Maybe I just got a lemon of a monitory? In any case, I'm glad this was a baby shower gift, and that I didn't spend my hard earned money on it! I don't think I'm particularly hard on my electronics. I am frustrated that this doesn't work better, but I'm not going to replace it at this point. It gets the job jone, but I am constantly turning it off and on when the red light seems to come on for no reason.

Comments about Graco imonitor Vibe Baby Monitor with Vibration:

I bought this monitor when my second child was born and boy is it an improvement on the first monitor we had. The sound on this is so clear that I can hear my baby breathing. I can hear every little sound that she makes and it makes me feel secure knowing that I know exactly what is going on in her room when I am not there. I have friends that have other monitors and it seems that they get a lot of static and intterference. Not with the Graco monitor. I never get static or interference from other electronics. Just crystal clear sound from my daughter's room. I can even sit out on the back deck and still here everything crystal clear. My daughter is six months old and we haven't had one single problem with this monitor yet so I think it's very durable. I'm glad I bought the Graco monitor over other monitors that I looked at. It's price was very affordable considering the quality of this system, I would recommend it to anyone that needed to be able to monitor for any reason.

• Sound/Video Clarity:
  • Interference:
  • Portability:

Help Monitors

Comments about Graco imonitor Vibe Baby Monitor with Vibration:

I don't know what I would do without these monitors. My son is now fifteen months and he's now getting into everything known to man. As funny as it can be sometimes it's also scary for me to know how independent he is getting. With these monitors I have less to worry about. I can be in another room and still know he's okay. I have been in my kitchen while he was playing with his toys in the bedroom and I still knew he was fine. They have a nice range. Crisp and clear from a good distance. They are portable so I can take them any where including my mothers for the weekend. They are very convenient and stable. I am very glad I have them.

Sound/Video Clarity
Not only are they stable and convenient when it comes to traveling but the sound is perfect. So perfect, in fact, that I can even hear my son breathing while he's taking his naps. It is wonderful.

Interference
I have yet to have any interference with these monitors. I love that. I don't have to worry about some other channel coming between me and my son.

I have not tested the durability factor yet but they have been back and forth to my mother's and back, so far still in tact. So they must be durable right?

• Sound/Video Clarity:
  • Interference:
  • Portability:

not worth the money

from Newark, DE

Comments about Graco imonitor Vibe Baby Monitor with Vibration:

Graco provides great range and good sound!

from Binghamton, NY

Comments about Graco imonitor Vibe Baby Monitor with Vibration:

We used the Graco Digital Baby Monitor with Vibration for almost two years before we dropped the handset in water and that was it's demise!  Our clumsiness in no way reflects on the quality of this monitor.  The base picked up my child's sleep noises as well as her waking noises very well.  When we were shopping for monitors I wanted to make sure I had one that had a good range between the base and the handset so that I could work out in the yard while my daughter napped and still monitor her.  This monitor did just that and then some!  The handset held its charge very well.  The base and handset were both small  and the charging cord interchangeable between the two.  This proved to be very convenient when we were travelling or visiting family.  We could take the handset, the base and one charge cord and make it work for our family.  I thought I would use the vibration feature more than I did.  It was nice when I did use it.

Graco imonitor Vibe Monitor is pretty good

from Germantown, MD

Comments about Graco imonitor Vibe Baby Monitor with Vibration:

We have had this monitor for about a year now and it was great the first nine months and more recently it has started to crackle and give feedback. I am not sure if it is a manufacturing defect or not, but other than that we have been very pleased with the product overall.

good monitor

from Antioch, TN

Comments about Graco imonitor Vibe Baby Monitor with Vibration:

We've been using this monitor for the past 2 years and haven't really had any problems. I love that there are two receivers. We keep one upstairs (or other parts of the house we are in) and one in our bedroom. The have docking stations so you don't have to worry about battery life. They do, however, have a fairly good battery life when left off the docks and will "warn" you when the battery is dying by beeping and the light on it will turn red. It is fairly sensitive to sound so you should put it close to your baby if you play any kind of music or white noise as it will pick that up and might make it harder for you to hear your child. My only complaint is that at times, and it seems to be if we are at the far ends of our house, it gets kind of staticy. But overall, it has been good to us! I do wish that it had a clip so that you could clip it to your pants or something to make it more easy to carry around the house with you. Oh well.

Graco iMonitor will not stop beeping!

from Union City, CA

Comments about Graco imonitor Vibe Baby Monitor with Vibration:

We bought the Graco iMonitor after our son was born and it seemed to work at first.  We would have the baby upstairs in his bassinet while we were downstairs and would always be able to hear him when he cried.  My son is now ten months old and the monitor has been malfunctioning for the last three months.  It still works, but only for a little while.  The baby would fall asleep in the early evening and we'd put him upstairs as before and then hang out downstairs and watch TV or eat dinner.  The monitor would start flashing red and beeping at us about an hour into it and will not stop until we turn it off.  At first we thought it was because it was losing it's charge, but sometimes the monitor will beep at us even when it is on and charging on the base.  And, there is also a lot of static coming through the monitor at night when we have it on and are trying to sleep, even when the baby is not crying or making any noise.  I do not recommend this monitor.

Hated it at first

from Wichita, KS

Comments about Graco imonitor Vibe Baby Monitor with Vibration:

When i bought this baby monitor it was the 4th or 5th one I tried. I even initially returned it and got another one before going back to this one. My number one complaint is that i wanted a monitor that i could put in one area of the house and hear it ALL the way across the house! this one i can hear if i'm in the same room, but if i go into a different room i cannot hear anything.

What i love about it, is that it is digital, so i only hear my children and nobody else can pick up our signal. it's an easy set up. i love that it has a charging dock, so there's no plugging or unplugging or batteries to remember to buy. it was easy to set up and easy to take on the go. i love the vibrating feature. i can carry it in my pocket while i mow the yard and feel when my baby wakes up from his nap. i love this feature BY FAR and i think that is why this product is much better than its competition. I trust in knowing that i hear my babies every move and this gives me that confidence!

A reliable baby monitor

from Allyn, WA

Comments about Graco imonitor Vibe Baby Monitor with Vibration:

We have been using the Graco imonitor vibe (with one nursery unit and two parent units) since our daughter was born 16 months ago.  I was wondering how well a monitor would work in our house given the number of electronics that we have, but it works with minimal interference.  When there is interference, as evidenced by a red light and a beeping sound, usually turning the parent unit off and back on clears any issue.

The monitor is very sensitive, which as a new parent, I appreciated.  I felt comfortable that I would be able to hear my daughter if she awoke or needed assistance.

The biggest drawback with this monitor is the enclosed batteries in the parent unit.  They are rechargable batteries that came with the units.  After over a year of use, they only hold a charge for about an hour before they must be recharged.  This is not a problem during the night since we keep the parent unit in our room on the charger all night, but during the day I cannot make it through one nap without having to recharge the parent unit.

Graco iMonitor Vibe - Lots of beeping!

from Oxford, PA

Comments about Graco imonitor Vibe Baby Monitor with Vibration:

We have the Graco iMonitor Vibe. I was not actually looking for a monitor with vibration when we bought it, but we had heard good things about the digital baby monitors from Graco and this was the only one available, so we went ahead and bought it. I actually thought the vibration feature would be nice to have. We have had this monitor for over 6 months and I have yet to use the vibration feature. I typically use the monitor when baby is sleeping, so it's not like I'm going to make a lot of noise while baby is asleep (because it might wake him up), so I really haven't found a need for the vibration feature. I wouldn't recommend paying extra for it. As for what I have experienced with this product, it does the job. I can hear what is going on in the baby's room when I am not there. There is no interference and it is pretty clear. It was reasonably priced. What I can't stand about this monitor is all of the beeping. Sometimes when I turn on the parent unit it beeps once and the light flashes red before it starts working. Other times it beeps and beeps and beeps and flashes red. I guess this is when it doesn't have a signal. I just turn it off and back on and it usually starts working. It's just unpredictable - we keep the monitor in the same place and some days it beeps and some days it doesn't. The battery also doesn't hold the charge long. And there is no battery life indicator - when you get to a low battery it just beeps! I would rather know the battery is getting low and charge it before the beeping.