Other Car Seats:

Graco TurboBooster High Back Booster Seat

Pros

Cons

• Support and Safety:

AWESOME! UNTIL.....Your child throws up on the padding.

The graco booster seat is a great booster seat. I have no complaints about the durability :O).

It is easy to move from one car to another. ...Read complete review

It is easy to move from one car to another.  I really wish it would include an extension for neck support for the kids, but overall it held up really well when I was using it to transport kids around.

*The biggest problem...* The seats are made out of some type of material with holes in the texture. I imagine the purpose is to help the air flow through the seat. However, when  a child throws up on it.. its not fun trying clean those nooks and crannies out!

Its possible to get everything clean ... but very tedious, time consuming, gross! and challenging.  If you find yourself in a similar situation I would recommend taking a nozzle and a hose and  putting it on the highest pressure possible and spray! If you do this first then you can de-germ it in the laundry more effectively.

Not the Way to Go

After receiving a very important comment after posting this review, I felt I must edit this endorsement. I am no longer comfortable having a child, certainly not one of 40 lb weight or a certain age, using this car seat. A five-point harness is imperative.

Please see this video and you will see why. www.**youtube**.com/?v=azgBhZfcqaQ

Sturdy Big Kid Seat

Comments about Graco TurboBooster High Back Booster Seat:

My daughter's Graco Nautilus is expiring in a few months so it was time for my 6 year old to get a new seat. I chose this since it came with good reviews and felt more sturdy than the booster seat in her daddy's truck. My only complaint the seat belt guide and how the seat belt has to be taken out of the guide or it twists up when I fasten her into the seat,after fastening I can move the seat belt back into the guide.

Ease of Installation
After installing a harnessed seat for 4 years this was a breeze for sure. Simply slide onto the vehicle seat and slide the seatbelt into the belt guide. No messing with keeping the seat tight and all the other rules that a harnessed seat needs to follow.

Child's Comfort
My daughter is 6 years old and is the one that rides in it and says is not as comfortable as her Nautilus but it is more comfy than her other booster seat in her dad's truck. She enjoys her big girl seat and isn't uncomfortable in it so I'm happy ! I drive an SUV and her dad drives a full size truck so we have no problems with space with the headrest being up. Now her grandma's car is an issue with space so the seat has trouble fitting in there with the headrest up quite a bit.

Support and Safety
All seats are tested for safety before selling to the general public so I felt comfortable buying a new seat. She meets all the guidelines for sitting in a high back booster seat. She is over 4 years old and weighs over 50 lbs and 4'1 in height so I felt comfortable moving her into a booster since her harnessed seat was expiring. This seat feels more sturdy than the one in her dad's truck,plus as I move the headrest up, it doesn't get more flimsy like the other booster.

Its easy to put together,and install in the car for sure . My only complaint is the belt guide and how the seat belt twists if you try to fasten my daughter into her seat while the belt is in the guide. Now if you remove the belt from the guide,fasten her up then secure the belt into the guide everything is good. I have easily moved it from my vehicle into my husband's truck if needed.

I love how the seat doesn't feel flimsy at the headrest moves up,seems to be a fairly decent amount of padding in the seat,and the wings are nice so if they fall asleep they have something to rest ahead against. My only fault in design is the belt guide. I wish it was a ONE CIRCLE instead of a loop around that makes the belt twist up when you fasten the child into their seat.

Feels very sturdy and the headrest moves up with the growing child so it should last her a few more years before she is tall enough to sit in a low back booster. Then the seat converts into a low back booster to least her even longer.

Great Seat

Comments about Graco TurboBooster High Back Booster Seat:

This Graco TurboBooster High Back Booster Seat is a great seat to transition to for my "big kid's" needs. Its easy to move back and forth between cars, and it protects my child.

Ease of Installation
I love this seat because basically you just use a regular seat belt with it, and the shoulder strap goes across, but glides through the top so its at your child's perfect level.

Child's Comfort
This seat doesn't seem as padded as a few other ones I've seen in the store, but my child has never complained, even after eight hour road trips.

Support and Safety
This seat is basically a booster and your car seat belt is the real protection. Every now and then, if I have to stop suddenly, my child moves a little bit forward as well, but with the seat belt.

This seat is great, but its slightly annoying when the bottom unhinges from the top. Then you just have to click it back into place.

I like that when your child gets older, you can unhinge the bottom booster from the back, and then they are ready just for the bottom booster part.

We've washed the outer parts in the washing machine a few times, and the plastic has held up over the years. A great basic car booster seat.

My Son and I Both Love This Carseat

Comments about Graco TurboBooster High Back Booster Seat:

I took my son to our local warehouse store on his fourth birthday to select his own big-boy carseat. He obviously selected the Cars Turbo Booster Carseat since it had his favorite characters on it. We took it out to the car, opened the box right there, put it in place of his five point-harness carseat, he was able to buckle himself, and we were on our way. It was incredibly easy to install. It was also very easy for my son to figure out how to maneuver his seatbelt through and around the carseat itself.

We have thoroughly used this carseat. He has used it now for nearly three years, including many long road trips. The only aspect I wish it would have would be a little more support near the shoulders and neck in case children fall asleep. The arm rests were nice, however, to help prop him up when he fell asleep.

Last year, we were able to remove the back from the carseat and just leave it as the booster portion. It still has the Cars characters on it, so he is still able to enjoy them. The only downside of this carseat is that it is a little wide in comparison to other carseats in its same category. We cannot fit this carseat as well as two others similar to it in the back of our minivan, or in the back of our mid-size car. I wish it were just a bit more narrow to accommodate multiple boosters side-by-side together.

Turbo Booster Youth Car Seat

Comments about Graco TurboBooster High Back Booster Seat:

The Turbo Booster Youth Car Seat was one of the single best things we bought for our kids safety. They are lightweight, durable and easy to install. The weight and height instructions are clearly printed on the outside of the seat and it is easy to see where the seat belt straps are fed into. They elevate the kids to a higher level and support their backs and heads fantasticly. For taller kids, you can heighten the head rest to a suitable position and the head rest itself is rounded for when the children fall asleep and their heads bob to the left or right. But the best thing I like about these Turbo Boosters is the fact that the seat covers and arm rests are totally washable. They are easy to remove and easy to reinstall with elongated elastic. The seat itself fits snug into the crevice of the seat back and when the children get to an age where they don't need the back at all, it is totally detachable. It is possible to alter the height of the arm rests also so as your kid gets bigger, you can adjust the seat. For not much money you gain real peace of mind and absolute safety for your precious ones.

Great Booster!

Comments about Graco TurboBooster High Back Booster Seat:

We bought the Graco Turbo booster high back booster seat after our son grew out of a regular car seat. My son loves this booster! It makes him feel like a grown up because he gets to use a regular car seat belt. This booster is great for 4 year old children who are not tall enough to be in a regular booster seat because the seat belt will lay against their neck. This high back booster lets you take the car seat belt away from your child's neck, so if there was a accident the belt will not cut into your child's neck. I like the idea that it has a head rest on the side for your child when they get tired. Although my son hasn't really used the side head rest because when he falls asleep his head goes forward. It also has two cup holders for your child to place there own drink in it. No more breaking your arm to try to reach back to give your child a drink. The back comes off to make a seat booster also. I highly recommend this booster. I loved this car seat so much that I bought a second one.

Ease of Installation
It is easy to take in and out of the cars.

Inexpensive high-back booster

Comments about Graco TurboBooster High Back Booster Seat:

The Graco turbo booster is safe, comfortable and inexpensive. For such an inexpensive seat, you certainly get great bang for your buck. We generally purchase high-end carseats but the Turbobooster was able to stack up to the more expensive seats for about 1/4 of the price.

The Graco TuboBooster is a good seat

from Mundelein, IL

Comments about Graco TurboBooster High Back Booster Seat:

I have Graco TurboBooster High Back seats in my car, my husband's car, my parents' car, and my in-laws' car for my four-and-a-half-year-old daughter. I trust the Graco brand and feel that it is a very good seat at a reasonable price. I also like that it will grow with her because we can remove the back and use it as a backless booster when she gets a little bigger.

Ease of Installation
There really is no installation with the Graco TurboBooster High Back seat. You just place it in the car and thread the seat belt through the guide hook. It's lightweight and easy to put in and take out.

Child's Comfort
My child seems very comfortable in her special seat. She's tall and slim and fits perfectly, and she is very happy to sit in her special chair. She likes the cup holders for a drink or snack. The Graco TurboBooster is not the most luxuriously padded seat on the market, but it's soft and padded enough that my daughter seems content in it.

Support and Safety
As I said, I trust the Graco brand and their safety tests. I feel that the seat is safe and secure. My only complaint is that the seat belt sometimes works its way out of the positioning hook in the seat. It's easy to thread it back in, so I always check it when buckling my daughter in.

The Graco TurboBooster High Back is easy to use. My daughter can climb in and out herself and it's easy to buckle her in. The only hassle with the seat is the issue of occasionally needing to re-thread the seat belt through its guide hook.

The design of the Graco TurboBooster is fine. They come in lots of different colors, which is nice; my daughter has a pink one in my car, brown and green in her father's, and black in her grandparents'.

We've had the Graco TurboBoosters for over a year, and they seem to be quite durable. Fortunately, we've never been in an accident with them (knock on wood) but for everyday use they've been fine.

• Support and Safety:

Another great Graco carseat! The last one you'llneed for your ch

from Lake Mary, FL

Comments about Graco TurboBooster High Back Booster Seat:

This car seat is the perfect 2-in-1 booster, and it will be the last car seat you need to buy for your child! The high back easily detaches from the base when your child outgrows having a high-back booster.

Ease of Installation
There is no installation required! The purpose of this seat is simply to put the child into a position where the seat belt will fit properly. You will simply need to place the car seat booster into the position in the car you would like your child to sit. If you are using the high back, you just need to thread the seat belt through the hold in the top of the back of the seat.

Child's Comfort
This car seat positions a child perfectly to be comfortable in a regular car seat belt. The padding makes the boosted comfortable.

Support and Safety
Easily adjustable to position your child in the perfect position to be properly restrained by a regular car seat belt.

No installation required, comes in and out of a vehicle very easily.

Simple shape and comes in a wide variety of fabric patterns. You can find one that your child will enjoy, or one that matches the interior of your car.

We have had 2 of these seats for over 2 years, and they are both still in great condition! They have traveled by airplane, too (checked in with the luggage), and they are still in excellent condition with no wear whatsoever.

• Support and Safety:

Graco turbobooster - great seat for the price

from Reston, VA

Comments about Graco TurboBooster High Back Booster Seat:

I just bought two more graco turbobooster seats for my second child. I bought two for my first child and they have been great. I haven't had any complaints about comfort from the kids. These are super easy to put together, only a couple screws to keep it together once you snap all the pieces in place. They are not secured to the car, you only have to thread the car's seat belt through the seat belt guide at the shoulder and you are good to go. Makes it easy to move to another car when necessary. Only reason we have one in each car is that whenever we would move one from my car (primary chauffeur of kids) to the other car, we would inevitably forget to move it back and then I would be stuck without a seat when I needed it. If you get these on sale, they are reasonably priced and buying two isn't a big deal. Also, I love the colors. There are girly ones, boyish ones and also some neutral enough neither of my kids complain. My older one is able to buckle himself in but my younger hasn't quite figured it out. At least she can unbuckle herself when it's time to get out!

A good seat.

Comments about Graco TurboBooster High Back Booster Seat:

I've been using the seat since my daughter was about 4.5 years old (she is 7 now) and plan to switch my soon-to-be four year old to the seat as well. It is comfortable for her, it is not very hard to move around either. The back could be removed if you wanted to just use it as the seat booster, but we have never actually done that (and won't since my other daughter will soon be using it). You can extend the back higher as your child ages (which we have done). My only real complaint, and I'm pretty sure this applies to most all seats once you switch from convertible seats, is that when your child falls asleep this keeps their back so upright that their heads fall forward. I don't think you can get around that.

Ease of Installation
You stick the seat in the car and put the belt through the holder and you're done.

Child's Comfort
For sitting it is fine, not comfortable for sleeping.

Support and Safety
Seems well padded on the side but I've never been in an accident (thank God) so haven't tested the safety of it.

Easy to use as stated in the installation section.

Besides keeping them so upright that sleep doesn't work out well it is well designed.

Used it for years, the only problem I had was recently one of the washes I did the batting in the seat cushion got messed up, I should have done the gentle or hand-wash cycle on it.