Other Car Seats:

Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat

Pros

Cons

Graco Snugride 35 gives me peace of mind

After doing lots of research on car seat safety, I came to the conclusion that it's hard to find much information beyond the simplistic, "All car seats are safe or they wouldn't be approved for use". I wanted more information than that. After lots of research, I had it narrowed down to the Graco Snugride and the Britax. I read an article on CNN's website about a test Consumer Reports did which exceeded the government standards. Only 2 infant seats faired well and the Snugride was one of them. So I feel good about this seat from a safety stand-point. (I tried to include the link to the article, but apparently that is not allowed).

I also like that it's pretty affordable. It comes in lots of patterns and colors (though my one critique with this is that I would like more gender-neutral prints or feminine prints that are not pink). I opted for the Snugride 35 because I suspected I'd be having a large baby and didn't want her to grow out of it too soon. Sure enough, she was almost 10 pounds at birth and is already 97 percentile in size at 6 weeks. Others pointed out that I may not want to carry around a 35 pound baby and seat, but at that point I will probably not be toting her around in the seat. I still like being able to use the car seat in the rear-facing position longer even if I leave the seat in the car.

The fasteners and buckles are fairly easy to use. As a first time mom, I had to learn that loosening the shoulder straps is much easier when getting her in and out of the seat (as opposed to keeping them at the proper tightness and really struggling to get newborn's arms out). The only problem I've had with this seat is the large red button that you push to remove the seat from the base. Ours sticks a lot of the time and it's quite inconvenient to struggle with that button while trying to pull the carseat off the base. If she were older, I'm sure all the tugging and jarring would wake her up.

As far as size, it barely fits in the back of our Honda Civic. My husband and I are both tall (5' 11" and 6'3") so if we didn't need the front seats so far back, we'd have a much better fit.

Child's Comfort
Straps seem tight now and my daughter is about 25 - 28 pounds. If she's wearing a thick winter coat, it has no room at all.

We no longer have the problem of the seat sticking to the base as described in the review.

OK car seat, not sure if there's better though

After doing a ton of research I decided to buy the Graco Snugride 35 car seat. I must say that I am only semi-thrilled with this product. The main issue I have with it is that the canopy/shade part of the car seat doesn't stay in place. It always falls under the car seat and we had to use a clip to hold it in place. I am not sure if this is typical for the snugride 35, but it is definitely annoying and I am planning on contacting the company about it. Another negative about the seat is that it is bigger than I thought, and we had a hard time fitting it in the back of my car, which is not a small car by any means. Also, it would be great if the handle could be adjusted by using only one hand. As it is you have to push down on both buttons on the sides to adjust it, which can be hard. I do like that it is compatible with my BOB jogging stroller and fits in there perfectly (with the foam piece). I also feel that my baby is very safe in the seat. I recommend the product to someone because I think I'd have the same issues with any other seat.

Wish there was a way to move the handle with one hand instead of two.

The canopy falls all the way under the car seat quite frequently, which is very annoying.

Graco Snugride carseat

Comments about Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat:

Few months ago I was in the market for a new infant car seat for my baby. I did some research and read lots of reviews to see what others had to say. I finally narrowed my search down to a few brands. I bought the Graco Snugride infant car seat and I am very happy with the purchase. The car seat is well balanced and goes up to 35 pounds of baby weight which gives enough room for baby to grow. However the car seat is very heavy and if you plan on moving this a lot then the Graco Snugride may not be the best option for you. They have different colors to choose from both for girls, boys and gender neutral ones. Another good thing about this car seat is that it has a detachable base so you can get two or three bases for one car seat and just place the seat in any car you want to with less hassle. The car seat is study and made with high quality breathable materials that ensure baby does not over-heat while in them but you still have to keep an eye to see how they are doing during a ride.
Overall I like the car seat and I will definitely recommend it to new moms and moms-to-be.

Does What It's Supposed To Do

Comments about Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat:

This car seat was part of the travel system we registered for when we were expecting our first daughter. I will admit that since she was born I have become a bit of a baby gear junkie. If I had known then what I know now I can't honestly say that I would pick this system again. But, we used it until my daughter was 14 months old and it kept her safe and comfortable so I have no complaints there. One thing that I wish I had realized was that most babies outgrow a car seat in height long before they outgrow it in weight. My daughter outgrew the height limit on this seat a year ago, at 14 months. Now at 26 months she still has 10 pounds to go to reach the weight limit on her infant car seat. If I were buying a seat today I think that I would put more focus on ease of use and convenience and less on a huge weight limit. Beyond that the only other issue I had was that the seat was heavy, even without a baby in it. And I did feel that in hot weather the fabric made her hotter. Our new, higher end, seat has a fabric which seems much more breathable.

Graco snugride 35 infant car seat

Comments about Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat:

I do love how sturdy this seat is. A bit on the heavy side, but sturdy nonetheless. And the soft, plush foam makes it a comfy ride for my baby. I was a little sad that the Rittenhouse design wasn't offered in a travel system though. And actually there is a stroller that matches the Rittenhouse car seat, but oddly enough, it's for the click connect and not the classic connect (which is what this seat is, just in case you wind up like me and have to return a stroller).

Great overall carseat

Comments about Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat:

I really like this car seat although it is kindof bulky.

I feel the base of the car seat is a little bulky so it takes up more the seat in the car than other car seats I've had in the past.

Child Comfort
The car seat seemed to be more comfortable for my son because of it being slightly wider than previous car seats I've owned.

Maneuverability
Because of the wide base, this car seat isn't really maneuverable as well as because of the car seat being a little heavier than other car seats, I have found it easier to carry my son than to carry the car seat with me.

This car seat seems very durable, however the cover (sun guard) eventually broke because the plastic started to wear from being moved forward and back under the handle.

Loved it!!!

Comments about Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat:

I used this car seat with my first child and it was awesome. I had no problems with it. Very easy to strap in baby, carry around, and transfer from car to car. I am currently pregnant now and i plan to use with my second child.

The design is perfect. We were not going for a specific theme, so it worked well for out baby boy.

Safety
Worked well with my son, had so concerns did not worry once about his safety. Except when we left the hospital after birth but what mom doesn't worry.

Child Comfort
My child never seemed to be uncomfortable while he was in his car seat. 90% of the time he was sleeping.

Maneuverability
Very good for taking him in and out of the car (dr appointments, dinner, in and out the house, grocery shopping). It was awesome could not have asked for anything better. Plus the car seat itself was light weight so no extra pounds when your trying to multitask with baby.

I have experienced no problems with it I plan on using it again with my son and I have no worries that it will work as well as it did with my first child.

Fabulous, long lasting infant seat

Comments about Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat:

This seat is fabulous! So many pros, very few cons.

The Pros:
The infant padding really helps cuddle baby
The visor is large and has great coverage.
This seat is very well cushioned
The seat cover is great! Wash and wash and wash and it looks great!
The harness is super easy to loosen and tighten
The base is easy to install and the seat clicks in with no problem.
It will fit your child much longer than the average infant seat. It fit most of my kids until very close to 18 months.

Cons:
This seat is heavy! One of the heaviest out there. I stop carrying my kids around in it at about 6-8 months and just keep it in the car.
The handle is not ergonomical. It would be nice if it had more than one way to grip.

Love this seat! It is so easy to use, super simple function.

Safety
Love all the padding, feels very safe.

Child Comfort
Once again, very padded, seems comfortable.

Maneuverability
If it were a few pounds lighter it would receive a higher raiting.

Very, very durable!

Baby is so snug with this one!

from Valrico, FL

Comments about Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat:

When I got this one I new it would be good. The baby slept good in. With the support and cushions he was so comfortable. It was the right size for him at that time. The price was reasonable. I also liked the colors. It was easy to keep clean. Strapped in good for safety. I love the extras on it.

Cute and safe

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat:

I got this car seat mainly because I like the hounds tooth print on the inside. I already knew that Graco made a safe car seat so I wasn't overly concerned about that. What I found out later about this car seat was that when they made the "suggestion" about keeping your baby in a rear facing car seat until age 2 this was perfect! My friend had to buy a new car seat for her child at 6 months because he was over the weight limit. I told her if she had bought the Graco SnugRide 35 first she would have saved herself a lot of money. So with this new "suggestion" you can have the comfort of an infant seat for 2 years and not have to worry about weight restrictions.

Graco Snugride 35 gives me peace of mind

from Mission, KS

Child's Comfort

OK car seat, not sure if there's better though

from Naperville, IL

Comments about Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat:

Wish there was a way to move the handle with one hand instead of two.