Other Car Seats:

Graco SnugRide 32 Infant Car Seat

Pros

Cons

Great First Car Seat!

I love this car seat for the first few months of life! It has been wonderful, and I feel that my baby is safe inside it. I currently do not use the base for the car seat, I use the seatbelt and loop it through the hooks on the seat (hard to explain, it's in the directions) That is the only reason I gave this one a 4 out of 5 stars.

The car seat base is too bulky for us to use, it takes up a LOT of extra space in the car and makes the car seat stick out further so the passenger or driver in the front seat won't be sitting comfortably. Our first car we used it in was a Kia Optima. Using the base with the carseat, it never sat right in the seats, and they weren't bucket seats by any means. It was just impossible to get it level to where the baby's head wasn't flopping forward while we were driving, or from side to side. Without the base the carseat sat fine and snug against the car seat, just like it's supposed to. We have a jeep stroller that the carrier attaches to, The graco stroller wasn't heavy duty enough for us living around a lot of rocky trails, and steps from the beach. I'm so glad it has a universal fit, so I can use it with other strollers.  Not knowing that it wasn't going to work out with the carseat base, we ended up buying another base, but it was a complete waste of money, seeing as it never fit securely in either of the cars we own.  With my sons carseat in the car, and the baby seat in there with the base nobody can sit in the middle seat, but if you eliminate the base, a smaller person could fit comfortably there.

We just bought a brand new Camaro (I know not family friendly) My one condition on my other half getting the new car was that obviously the car seat fit in the back with me still having enough room. It does! My nieces car seat does NOT fit in our car rear facing, so I was worried about that. The head rest that came with our carseat wasn't very sturdy or strong, but luckily someone had gotten me a nicer more supportive head rest at my baby shower that conforms more to an infants head.

We only used this car seat for a few months, and I would have loved to use it longer (we could have) but it was extremely difficult for me (I'm small) to carry it around with the baby in it, it was just too heavy. Once our guy got a little bigger it was also hard to get him in and out of it.  For some reason when we use this car seat our kids seem to sweat terribly..no matter what the weather or condition it is inside the car, but it's sort of annoying to have them all dressed up cute to go somewhere to pull them out and their hair is soaking wet with sweat, as long with the back of their clothes. The snugride carseat always puts my baby to sleep, I think it's because it's a close fitted carseat without a lot of moving around room, so she feels secure in it. The straps on the car seat are easy to clean, and so are the buckles. My baby spits up a lot so I have a ton of experience with this!  After my first born was done using this and we put it away for a while, there were some mold spots on the straps from being stored in the garage. I used a bleach/water solution and took a toothbrush to the spots and it came off with no problem, and did NOT take the color out of the straps. I was afraid that would happen and my carseat would look trashy.

Another thing about the fabric, my child had a blow out diaper in it, and it was really hard to get the stains out of the fabric. I didn't dry it in the dryer with heat, and it still shrunk a bit and made it extremely difficult to stretch back onto the car seat. The Car seat straps also rubbed a bit on our babies necks, but we just got those protectors for the straps and all is well!

I really love the look of this carseat, it's very modern in the pattern and it doesn't have a cheapy look to it. It's a great price compared to the other carseats out there, for what you get. I like the canopy cover on it, the plastic is sort of flimsy, but it's very light, and works well in the car or in the stroller for keeping baby out of the sun.

On a side note: I do not put my baby carseat in the middle seat. With my first born (now 2 years old) I was told that was the safest place. I have a 2 month old now, and the doctor told me that they revised the theory on the safest place to sit, and it is now behind the passenger or drivers side, and I wouldn't put my two month old rear facing next to my 2 year old in fear of what he would do to her lol.

Can last your baby the entire first year but do you want it to?

Based on reviews, we were deciding between this carseat and the Chico. We ultimately chose this one because it was cheaper. While it has served us well for 11 months -- I am jealous of my friends with the Chico. It seems more compact, and the fabric seems nicer. Also their shades are more durable. The Snugrides shade is fine for little babies, but once they start grabbing - it doesn't last. Also, while this carseat WILL last your baby the entire first year --- do you really want it to? Trying to get a bigger baby in and out of this carseat is a real pain and if you have to carry the seat -- you better wear a back brace.  We leave the seat in the car most of the time. It is fine for infants -- but way too heavy once they get bigger!! I'm not sure if it is worth the extra money for an infant seat to 'last longer' because you're going to want them in a larger seat anyway -- and at 11 months my son HATES to lay back and recline in this seat. (also the adjustable recline is a joke -- it hardly moves) So, yes, great for young babies (but so are most infant seats) -- CAN hold a big, older baby -- but it's not really necessary. Also, for a tall baby, with the straps in the top notch -- the straps are VERY tight. Good thing my guy is skinny, but it makes it hard to get in. So all in all -- I don't hate this seat -- but I don't love it. It's huge and heavy when it's not really necessary. If I had to recommend a seat - it would be the Chico over this one. One other note is that because of it's size -- it will only fit in the middle of our backseat and the front seats can not move back all the way -- so would NOT get for a compact car. (ours is midsize)

Graco Snigride 32

Comments about Graco SnugRide 32 Infant Car Seat:

We chose this seat because we thought it would last a long time. It did. My daughter finally outgrew it at 18 months. I love being able to take the seat inside in cold weather, but once your baby hits 10 lbs or so, it gets quite heavy. But, the easy install in your car, or someone else's is truly wonderful.

Great for Bigger babies

Comments about Graco SnugRide 32 Infant Car Seat:

I bought two Graco Snugride 32 car seats when I was pregnant with twins a little over 3 years ago. My sister had bigger babies that would outgrow the regular car seats before they turned one, and she had to purchase additional rear facing seats. I did not want to face that, so I went ahead and bought the bigger seats from the "get-go". I have been very happy with these seats. My girls used them until they were about 15 months old, they were a little smaller, and so they used them longer. My son now at 9 months has passed the 20lb mark that would have made him out grow a standard carrier car seat, but he is still able to use the Graco Snugride 32 just fine. The one down side is the weight. The car seat itself is a little heavy, and if you add a 20+lb baby to that it does get very heavy, especially if you are lifting it into a tall SUV. Most of the time my husband carries him in and out, if I am out by myself I have started leaving the seat in the car and just taking him out to carry. I know some people would say to replace the car seat with another rear facing seat, but I really don't see the difference between having this just stay in the car, or another seat in the car, and this way we have the option to carry it in when I need my crawling baby to stay put for a minute or if he is sleeping.

Ease of Installation
Once the base is in it stays in the car. I love the lock built into the base, makes it very easy to secure the belt.

Child's Comfort
Very comfy, a lot more padding then some of the cheaper versions I have seen.

Only down side is the weight as the child gets bigger, it is a lot to carry big baby in a heavy seat.

Pretty much built like standard car seats.

I am using this on the second child and have not had a problem yet.

• Support and Safety:

This car seat is affordable, safe and easy to use.

Comments about Graco SnugRide 32 Infant Car Seat:

We bought this car seat for a great price. It is very easy to install in our vehicles. It is easy to adjust to fit our baby as he grows.

I really like the fabric and pattern used. It has a little padding for extra comfort. The only problem is the harness is a little short so we may not get as long of use out of this seat. The seat is easy to wipe off or wash in case spills or spit ups.

Safety
This car seat meats all safety standards. The base has a latch system which makes it really easy to install in newer cars. It has a five point fully adjustable harness and a front harness adjustor strap.

Child Comfort
My baby really seemed to enjoy traveling in this car seat and often falls asleep in it. The padding is a bit too warm for my baby though.

Maneuverability
The car seat is a little heavy and big, but it fits perfectly in the Graco snap and go stroller frame.

It has held up really well and still looks brand new after almost a year's use.

Safe and Reliable

Comments about Graco SnugRide 32 Infant Car Seat:

This car seat has done wonders for us. It isn't super high tech but we got in a car accident and it did it's job and our daughter didn't get hurt at all. It's very easy to get in and out of the car also which is nice.

Went through an accident and kept our daughter safe. I feel this carseat is durable and safe.

Good reliable carseat

Comments about Graco SnugRide 32 Infant Car Seat:

This carseat worked great for my son until he was almost a year old. After that he seemed cramped and was ready for a forward facing seat.

Very cute designs.

Child Comfort
The padding wore after six or so months.

Maneuverability
I loved being able to take this carrier anywhere with me with comfort.

Great durable car seat

from Maple Valley, WA

Comments about Graco SnugRide 32 Infant Car Seat:

Durable car seat used for both my girls. Lasted until they were over 1 year old and then they were too long for it. Easy to get in and out of base. Since it is bigger, it is heavier though, which makes a difference when the children get bigger. Fabric is easy to clean and has never been torn even with everyday use.

Ok, but I won't buy it again.

Comments about Graco SnugRide 32 Infant Car Seat:

This car seat worked as promised and fit with my graco stroller, but my 2 children hated to be in it. I chose it because it had a high weight limit of 32 lbs but for this reason it was a very upright design that my kids absolutely hated. They were much happier to be in a sunshine kids convertible car set that let them be more reclined and less crunched up. I also find this car seat to be very heavy and hard to carry with one arm. On the plus side, it fits with many graco strollers, has an attracting, easy to clean covering, and is very easy to use with a car seat base or with a seat belt. I've traveled by airplane with this car seat on numerous occasions and found it very easy to install quickly without a base in a taxi or other car, once I got the hang of it the first time. So, if your kids are relaxed and laid back, or fall asleep easily in the car, this car seat would work great. If however, your children always like to be in your arms or are high maintenance, you might want to choose a car set with a lower weight limit even though it means you will have to buy a bigger car seat before age one.

Safe and easy to use

Comments about Graco SnugRide 32 Infant Car Seat:

One of the most overwhelming choices can be your child'S carseat. We have found this to be easy to use while giving us peace of mind that our child is traveling safely. It is not difficult to click in and out of its base. The straps adjust well as your child grows.

Only the best for my babies

from Temple, TX

Comments about Graco SnugRide 32 Infant Car Seat:

The Graco SnugRide 32 Infant Car Seat is the style we went for when choosing a car seat for our babies. It was comfortable enough for a newborn and I felt it was safe enough to hold our precious cargo not only once but 2 times. Of course we used different car seat, cuz they do expire. But we choose the same style again because we were confident enough in it to make sure our little ones were safe and sound.It had a super cute design and the comes with head rest to support a newborns little head. I like how far back it reclines because babies don't have any muscle control in the neck just yet. The straps lock in across the chest and in between the legs and all the straps are adjustable. The height of the straps are adjustable as the baby grows. The handle is very simple to use and goes all the way back to make face time with baby very easy. Overall its a great car seat and we have been recommending it to all out friends since.

Ease of Installation
Just snaps into the base.

Child's Comfort
head rest for newborn and lots of cushion

Support and Safety
never had an accident in it but I feel very comfortable with my children in this car seat, so much so that I've used this kind twice.

simple just place baby in, snap buckles across chest, and snap other buckles in between legs.

comes in a variety of different shapes, designs and colors.

last pretty well. DOES expire. but the cover can take a lot of "baby mess"

The Snugride in Townsend, safe and beautiful

from Greencastle, IN

Comments about Graco SnugRide 32 Infant Car Seat:

I have two young children, and used a different infant seat with them, but it was getting older, and we were never crazy about it since it offered very little padding for the baby, and no head support for newborns. It also only held a baby up to 22 lbs, and both my babies outgrew it very quickly. When we found out we were expecting again, I began searching for a carseat that would be safe, comfortable, and gender neutral. We are also a single income household, so affordability was also I factor. After all my research, I settled on a Graco SnugRide. I was able to find a barely used one for a great price, and bought it. I absolutely love the Townsend pattern, and the materials it's made with. The seat is soft, but luxurious feeling. The colors are chocolate brown, and blue/teal. Very appropriate for a girl or boy. It comes with an extra newborn support that is great for the smaller baby. The seat straps are easy to adjust, and very secure. The seat holds babies up to 32 lbs. too. I am very happy with it!