Other Strollers:
Graco
Graco My RideTM 65 Convertible Car Seat 1781859

Summary

Help keep your growing child safe in this innovative convertible car seat. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends your child ride rear-facing as long as possible, so My Ride 65 stays rear-facing up to 40 lbs. - longer than most other car seats in the US. Then, it secures your forward-facing child in a 5-point harness until he is 65 lbs. (the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends your child stay harnessed as long as possible). Other features like EPS, energy absorbing foam, side-impact

Graco My RideTM 65 Convertible Car Seat 1781859

Pros

Cons

• Maneuverability:

For this Grandma, Safety and Comfort were my concern...

I am a Grandma who has been babysitting my grandson for nearly four years now while my daughter works. When my daughter and I purchased this car seat I had only hopes that we had made the right choice and were getting a quality, safe, comfortable car seat for my grandson. Now after four years of use, I can stand behind my opinion and state that I couldn't be happier with our choice! This car seat has never failed in all the requirements I placed on it....it has been comfortable for my grandson to ride in, it has passed safety inspections (thankfully I have never experienced an accident to attest to it's true safety), it cleans up easily and it has withstood time with no malfunctions or breakages! Overall....Thumbs UP!

The design team who came up with the features that put this car seat over the top, (IMHO), must have all been parents who knew just what a superior car seat should have. Some of the highlights are the weight that is light enough to put in and out of the car with ease, the placement of the straps that secure properly but are not uncomfortable when in use, the cup holders that can be used not only for cups but for snacks or smaller toys, and finally the removable cover that makes cleaning a breeze!

Safety
Thankfully I am unable to attest to the safety of this seat following a vehicle accident. But I have a Fire Chief who is a neighbor who did do a safety test for me and had no negative remarks, passing it for safety with flying colors. When installed according to the directions it is stable and secure.

Child Comfort
I have to assume my grandson has always been comfortable due to the fact that he has always slept more when in this seat than remaining awake. I have seen and heard other children complain that they do not want to stay in their seat...not my little guy, he climbs right in and never complains of any discomfort.

Maneuverability
Putting this seat in and taking it out is so easy! It is just the right weight that allows even this old Grandma to put it in and out when necessary without any strains or pains! It straps in without my having to bend over backwards to run the belt and snug it securely in place.

With four years use this car seat has held up beautifully! The material has remained unscathed due to the removable cover that washes up like new. The clasp has never given me a problem and the hard plastic body has never cracked or chipped even when dropped on the driveway a few times!

Straps are too much trouble

We originally bought this as our second seat since we had used an older model and liked it. However, this one is huge! It takes a lot of space and is quite bulky. The seat looks comfy and it has good safety features but the straps to tighten your child in properly are a nightmare! They are so difficult to loosen and are even harder to tighten up. If the straps were different or simpler to use, I could deal with this seat but unfortunately it's not for us. My child doesn't like going in and out if the car seat to begin with and the process with this is way too frustrating for both of us.

It's big and bulky. It fits rather awkwardly on my back seat.

Safety
I have no doubt that it is safe as it has passed all safety standards.

Child Comfort
It's cushioned and padded on the seat and sides as well. Once situated in the seat, my little one seemed comfy but it took too long to get him strapped in and tightened.

Maneuverability
It's not easy to move from car to car. It's large and takes up space.

It seems to be built strong and to last.

I great car seat

from Oakwood Vlg., OH

About Me Grandparent

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Durable
  • Easily Stowed
  • Easy To Set Up
  • Lightweight
  • Sturdy

Cons

• Infants
    • Long Trips
    • Newborn
    • Preemies
    • Short Trips

Comments about Graco My RideTM 65 Convertible Car Seat 1781859:

I bought this car seat as a replacement for an out dated one I've had a few years for transporting my grand babies. It is very easy to install in the back seat and does not overwhelm my small car. The base is very completely snug. My grandchild seems very comfortable in it. The materials that it is made of seem very durable. It is very easy to clean it's plastic parts as well as the fabric parts. The straps make me feel very secure as they appear as they would not fail in an emergency. Nor will the allow the child to wiggle out of them The seat in the base seems very soft yet firm as it will not sag nor sink in. The colors are nice as they are great for either a boy or a girl child. I think I will get a few years of good use out of this car seat.

A great car seat for a mid size car!

Comments about Graco My RideTM 65 Convertible Car Seat 1781859:

Overall I give this car seat a "9". We have been using it in my car - I have a mid size sedan (Oldsmobile Intrigue) and it works great! We still have my son rear facing and it does not make it too tight to use this seat in my car. Originally when we bought this seat we were hoping to use it in my husbands car also but it ended up being much too tight in the rear facing position (he has a Ford Mustang). Once we put it in my car though we have been nothing but pleased with it.

I really liked the material pattern of this car seat and the design seems to be very comfortable for my son.

Safety
    We have not been in any accidents (thankfully) but from everything I can tell it seems to be one of the safest carseats currently available on the market.

Child Comfort
    My son seems to enjoy riding in this carseat a lot. He especially like the cup holders to hold his juice cup!

Maneuverability
    Because of the size of this car seat it isn't very easy to move from car to car, but it works great when you leave it in one car.

Good Buy

Comments about Graco My RideTM 65 Convertible Car Seat 1781859:

Over all a great car seat. Only problem I have is that is it slightly large for my big sub. I don't think it would work well In a smaller car. My daughter is very comfortable in her seat and doesn't complain about getting in. Although he legs look a little crammed due to its size and the drivers seat being directly in front of her. However it is very easy to wash and very easy to put the cover back on. The cover also doesn't seem to hold onto stains. My daughter made a huge food mess while on a road trip even spilling her red juice into the seat. Once we got to our destination it was very easy to wash and all stains come out without a problem. It also isn't too hard to adjust the straps. Pretty much push a button and pull on it to make it grow bigger or smaller! But moving the straps higher or lower is another story. You have to take the whole thing apart and the clip in the back isn't that easy to take off. But that can be a good thing due to safety.

Great, but big

Comments about Graco My RideTM 65 Convertible Car Seat 1781859:

My kids (4 and 2) love this car seat. It is super comfy and very durable. It also lifts them high so they can see out the window. They are huge though, and we can't fit the infant seat too when we use these car seats.

Great design for vans or larger cars but they are so wide that we can't fit a third infant car seat in our mid sized sedan. Totally bummed we will have to replace these seats so that our entire family can travel in one vehicle.

Safety
    While we haven't been in an accident in these, they seem very safe and I trust gracos name to provide high safety standards.

Child Comfort
    Very comfy. We have one that is a velour material and one regular. Both are so comfortable the kids fall asleep nearly every time we get in the car. That can be good or bad.

Maneuverability
    Big and heavy so not so easy to move from car to car. Not impossible though. I'd say it's better for people who are going to keep in one car.

Carseat has lasted YEARS and still in great shape. We have washed the cover many times too and you can't tell.

• Maneuverability:

Safe, comfortable, easy to install and use!

Comments about Graco My RideTM 65 Convertible Car Seat 1781859:

We have this seat for my 2 year old son and it fits in my husband's wrangler as well as our van. It is easy to install and move around and easy for us to get him in and out which is important to me because I have arthritis so my fingers do not always work! Would recommend to anyone!

Safety
    I feel my child is very safe!

Child Comfort
    My son always falls asleep so I would say he is comfortable!

• Maneuverability:

For this Grandma, Safety and Comfort were my concern...

• Maneuverability:

Economical and it works well

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Graco My RideTM 65 Convertible Car Seat 1781859:

We bought this brand and style because we often transport our grand children in our cars when babysitting. We've had a lot of previous experience with this brand in strollers, and were happy with it, so we tried their car seats and also liked them very much. Not too expensive, and not too fancy.

They clip into your car easily and it's just as easy to get the child in and out and secured properly. It's easy to reach the restraints regardless of which side of the car you put the carrier. The baby or child is held securely. It's well padded, too.

Safety
    As far as I know, they're safe and are accepted by hospitals as a take home baby seat carrier. Our children also use this brand in their cars.

Child Comfort
    Little toddlers as well as young babies all seem comfortable in this design. It's very adaptable.

Maneuverability
    Super easy to get in and out of the car. Clips in easily. Isn't hard to anchor it nor run the belts through the proper channels. Holds well once in place.

Nothing has broken on ours. I hope it lasts a few years.

Awesome Car Seat

Comments about Graco My RideTM 65 Convertible Car Seat 1781859:

This is a great car seat from a company that specializes in keeping your baby both safe and comfortable. I knew it was the right choice to trust this brand and I know it will be the right choice for other parents as well.

This car seat looks great in my car. It doesn't look dated like some of the car seats, it looks very modern and has a design that will ensure that it still looks contemporary years from now.

Safety
    This car seat was designed with safety for your child as priority number one and it doesn't fail in that category at all. My son is so secure in this car seat that he isn't going anywhere. It is escape proof, which is good because you don't want your child getting out so they can get hurt.

Child Comfort
    My son is very comfortable in this car seat. He is always talking and never once has he complained about not being comfortable. He also falls asleep a lot while in this car seat, so that shows how comfortable it is.

Maneuverability
    It is very easy to take this car seat out and put it back in.

This car seat holds up well for how much we use it to take our son with us in the car.

Great Car Seat

Comments about Graco My RideTM 65 Convertible Car Seat 1781859:

This is the ideal car seat for families that are constantly on the go. I like to take my car seat out of my car and put it in another car that way I don't have to buy one for each. And I'll tell you it is pretty easy to do it. This car seat attaches and detaches pretty easily. You won't have trouble with this car seat like so many people have had with others.

This car seat has a nice slick design. It looks just great in both of my cars.

Safety
    This car seat delivers on its promise to be safe for your child. I haven't had any problems with it at all. My child is so secure that I know he won't be going anywhere unless I take him out of his seat myself.

Child Comfort
    My son feels good while in this car seat. It is nice and soft and comfortable enough that he falls asleep on those long car trips, which is great for any parent with kids.

Maneuverability
    This car seat is easy to take in and out of your car. You won't have much trouble learning how to do it.

I take this seat in and out of both of my cars a lot and it still looks great.

• Maneuverability:

Best convertible car seat out there!

Comments about Graco My RideTM 65 Convertible Car Seat 1781859:

There are so many things to love about the Graco My Ride Convertible Car Seat. We debated going with a few other products and settled on this due to great reviews and a great cost. We have never looked back and are still loving this product as we began using it with our second child now. This car seat is great, it is extremely easy to clean (wipe off spills, clean out cup holder, etc.) which is a must with little kids. The cup holders are wonderful and we love that there are two of them! One usually holds a drink while the other holds a snack or a small toy. The straps are easy to adjust and the buckle is easy to use and does not stick. Both of our boys have loved sitting in here and we love how long you can use it, either forward facing or rear facing. We always recommend this seat to any friends/family that are looking and my parents bought them for their cars as well for when our children visit. One of the things we like the best about this car seat is the ease of install in the car so if we need to move it from car to car it's easy and secure.