Other Strollers:

Graco MetroLite Stroller

Pros

Cons

• Maneuverability:

Graco gave me the most for my money.

The Graco MetroLite stroller still functions wonderfully for my two and a half year old daughter and me, and I am sure it will take us through another year. It isn't the fanciest or trendiest stroller, but I don't think any other model could be as versatile or well-suited to my lifestyle as a busy mom in a Southern California town.

We take this stroller for walks on the city sidewalks, the farmer's market, trips to the mall, lunch in restaurants, mornings sitting outside the coffee shop, and frequent outtings to the zoo. I can pull the MetroLite out of my trunk with one hand, squeeze the handle, and shake it open with my daughter in my other arm. It was so easy to assemble, I didn't have to read the directions. The steering is better than anything else in this price range, but it gets rockier as the child gets heavier and more mobile. One-handed turns are possible, but were much easier before my daughter hit 20 pounds. The fabric is soft and smooth, but repels liquids and is easy to keep clean.

Using it as a travel system with the SnugRide car seat was great when she was small, but I stopped when she was about three months old. The sunshade is long and broad enough to cover the whole stroller, but when the sun is low it still hits the passenger. One press of a button opens the entire harness if your tiny baby suddenly needs out right away. Now that she is an active toddler, we don't use the shoulder straps any longer, but the waist strap still keeps her contained. It's compact enough to roll up beside me at a table when we stop for lunch or coffee, and fits nicely in the small trunk of my compact car. The storage basket accommodates my large diaper bag with room to spare, but I wish the parents' tray had a better spot for things you need at your fingertips, like a wallet or cell phone. My major gripe about my Metrolite is more of a personality flaw than a problem with the product - it is a very efficient, moderately priced, all-purpose stroller. There is nothing indulgent, luxurious, techno-savvy, statusy, or specialized about it. It's just everything you need out of an everyday stroller, and absolutely nothing more. There is something to be said for satisfying ones appetite for something special, especially if you and your stroller will be constant companions.

There is also something to be said for getting all the stroller you need without spending too much money. For a parent who needs to keep a stroller in the trunk of their car, wants plenty of storage space, and will mostly use it on flat roads and smooth lawns, I highly recommend the Graco MetroLite.

Collapsed on my baby!

I received this stroller at my first baby shower for my first child.  We liked it at first, but then it started having trouble "locking" shut when we opened it.  It would *look* like it was locked, but we'd go for a couple of minutes and it would start folding shut!  Very scary with my baby in it!  We got another kind of Graco stroller, one that seemed tougher (a very BIG one), but I loved that one.  We threw our MetroLite away.

Lightest travel stroller

Comments about Graco MetroLite Stroller:

This is the best stroller. It can be used with any of the Graco car seats with no additional attachments. Also, it is so much lighter than any of the other Graco's. It has plenty of room to include a bag underneath, cup holders, etc. But by far the lightest travel system around. We had ours with 2 children and it held up well. You can take all of the cloth off and wash in the washing machine. It comes out great.

Love how light it was. Very easy to fold and lift in and out of the car.

Safety
There was 1 recall when we had it and they sent the part out we needed immediately. It never tipped and we were able to use it for a long time (3+ years of age). Has a good lock on the wheels.

Child Comfort
Great, the seat can extend back all the way in a laying position. There is a little cup/snack holder tray for the child which was always nice as well.

Maneuverability
Very easy, again because of being so lightweight.

Held up great with 2 kids. We often washed the cloth parts and they never frayed.

• Maneuverability:

I love the Graco Metrolite Stroller. Love, love, love it!

from Austin, TX

Comments about Graco MetroLite Stroller:

I bought the Graco Metrolite Travel System on the advice of my aunt who had the Graco Quattro Travel System.  She love the travel system because you can pick up the car seat and snap it into the stroller without ever having the remove your baby.  This is very convenient, especially if said baby is asleep.  Her one complaint about about the Quattro was that it was heavy and recommended something more light-weight.  I started to get the Snap n' Go system, but somebody else told me it was difficult to steer so I finally settle on the Metrolite...I don't think I had much choice.  At that time, there weren't a ton of travel systems available.  I didn't want to buy anything too expensive.  My husband and I work so I knew we wouldn't be using the stroller daily.  Graco is a good medium-line brand, though, and I have not been disappointed.  I don't remember how much it cost, but we have certainly gotten our use out of it.  The stroller is easy to fold and unfold.  As far as strollers go, it packs up pretty tightly and is easy to transport, especially if you have a bigger car.  It is light and easy for me, a small woman, to lift.  My husband prefers our jogging stroller because there are bigger treads on the tire, but I have to admit I prefer the Metrolite.  It is much smaller and I find it easier to steer, especially in buildings.  I even took it with me on a jogging trail and I thought it worked out great.  I had the baby in his seat, asleep, and jogged through a hike and bike trail.  He slept the whole time!

• Maneuverability:

peace of mind with your child in a graco

from Taylors, SC

Comments about Graco MetroLite Stroller:

Having just had a baby there were no other products we even looked at. Graco was top on my list of products that we looked at. We had the same system for my daughter when she was born and I can not say enough good things about it. It is sturdy, affordable and safe. The convience of the car seat snapping into the stroller for when you baby is really small is perfect and the ease of setting up the stroller when your baby is a little older. It is very easily done with one hand. It is light, it manauvers easily and is perfect for use in any weather. The wheel base provides good traction and encreases the ability to steer easily.

Should we have another child we will use this same system for them. The one thing I wish it has was a little bit more patting in the actual stroller part for when babies are sitting in it. I think it would make their rides a lot nicer should it have more padding or foam inserts that allow for more cusion especially on the bottom and back where the child can lay down.

Works pretty well

from Harrisburg, PA

Comments about Graco MetroLite Stroller:

The Graco Metrolite is a decent stroller. I LOVE the way that the Snugride carseat pops right in, so if your baby is sleeping, you can just move the whole carseat inside of having to take the baby out to get him in the stroller. I think the brakes work very well and I love the other features like the cupholders and the big basket underneath. The one thing I find a little frustrating is that there are so many nooks and crannies of the stroller that it gets easily dirty and little crumbs get stuck in all the different places and it is hard to clean it. I also think it rides pretty smoothly.

One major issue with this stroller is its overall size and weight. The Metrolite definitely is a little lighter than other large strollers, but it is still very heavy and difficult to haul around. As soon as my son was old enough to support his own head, I put him in a lighter umbrella stroller and wasn't really able to use the Metrolite after that.

I used this for BOTH of my children when they were babies and it lasted just fine.

• Maneuverability:

An excellent part of the travel system.

from Sherwood, OR

Comments about Graco MetroLite Stroller:

We purchased the Graco Metro Lite stroller as part of a travel system with an infant car seat and used it for approximately nine months before ditching the bucket seat and simply using the stroller. My son is now almost two years old and we still use the stroller. It is fantastic! Everything has held up well, and we purchased this system used. We've never had any issues with the wheels, though they do show some normal wear and tear from being pushed around on concrete and over gravel. The coverage from the canopy is great, though we did need to purchase a sun shade to shield our son in the front. I like the little window in the canopy that allows me to see my son even when the canopy is down. The stroller handle height is just about right for both myself and my husband (5'6" and 6' respectively). It folds up easily once you get the hang of it, and fits easily in the trunk of my compact car. Best of all- my son loves riding in it!

Convenient

from Oreland, PA

Comments about Graco MetroLite Stroller:

We purchased this stroller before our daughter was born. She is nearly 2 years old and we are still using it. We had the graco snugride carseat when our daughter was a newborn and it was so convenient to be able to take the carseat and lock into this stroller. We never had to wake a sleeping baby to go shopping, etc.

I am very petite woman and having a stroller I could handle pulling in and out of the car and opening easily was important to me. This stroller is not too heavy and is much easier to open and close then the small umbrella stroller we have in "Daddy's" car. Attaching the car seat is also easy.

Our daughter weights over 25 lbs and is about 33 inches now and still has room to grow in the stroller. It holds up very well to use indoors and out. THe ride is smooth and the wheels are very durables. I also like that you can hang a diaper bag on the handle without the whole stroller tipping over (although this stroller also has a basket underneath that you can use to store the bag, we just like to have it accesible).

Great Price, dependable, Didn't like Storage area

from Frederick, MD

Comments about Graco MetroLite Stroller:

We loved the lightness of this stroller, loved that it had a 5 point harness to hold the child in, we were not happy with the storage area. It never stayed up, locked into place, which left the fabric rubbing against the wheels constantly. Which in turn puts a whole in the fabric. Otherwise it is a great stroller.

Amazing stroller, very light

from Pompano Beach, FL

Comments about Graco MetroLite Stroller:

I absolutely love this stroller. It is very lightweight and easy to put into your vehicle but is still as durable as heavier strollers. My only complaint is that when the seat is reclined it is hard to get bigger packages into the basket. I would definately recommend this stroller.

Easy to use, great value.

from Portland, OR

Comments about Graco MetroLite Stroller:

This is the best stroller I've ever owned---and I've gone though plenty.  I'm easily able to push it with one hand while holding onto my toddler with the other.  It has functioning cup holders that truly work.  It turns easily and moves effortlessly.  I wish I had this stroller with my other three kids!!!

Great Stroller

from Allen, TX

Comments about Graco MetroLite Stroller:

I really like this stroller. First of all, it is very pretty (yes it is more for a girl). I love the fact that the car seat is actually secured in the stroller so no one can come by and just take it out and run off with the baby. The wheels make it really easy to go through just about anything. It is very easy to clean also. I wanted this stroller when I first found out I was pregnant and once I found out I was having a girl, it was the first thing I added to my registry. The only con I can think of is that the stroller is pretty heavy but I think if it was lighter, it wouldn't be as easy to go over things.